• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 26, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 26 April 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 26 April 2020


    [Hype Thread] 26 April 2020

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else think Pokémon Sword and Shield was a bit disappointing?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    Idk if it's just me but I've only recently realised that I've been a little disappointed by the 8th generation of Pokémon.

    I recently returned to Shield a few months after buying it due to quarantine leaving me short on things to do and it all came back to me on how fast-paced and underwhelming these games were. I could talk forever on how the lack of postgame content makes the game not worth the purchase, or how the game just overall feels rushed and is missing half the Pokémon that were staple to the series throughout the years and severely lacks memorable and exciting content. The expansion pass is good to have, yeah, but in my opinion the NEED for the expansion pass is the issue. The fact the expansion pass was released shortly after just feels like an attempt to revive the overall disappointment these games were, and having to pay more for a game we already payed for just makes me feel cheated overall with my purchase of the game. What do you guys think? I get that it's very controversial, maybe the kids who are growing up with Sword and Shield will eventually look back on it the same way I look back on the 4th generation and how fun that was for me, and that's why I'd love to say there were some cool things about these games, I mean just look at Corviknight, the effort and dedication the developers put in to this Pokémon is literally visible within its design. These are just my opinions, what do you guys think? Overall the 8th generation disappointed me and only makes me more upset looking back at old generations on the Nintendo DS and just wondering if GameFreak actually care about enjoyment within these games anymore. I'm now just hoping they don't mess up the remakes of Gen 4 as if they are successful with these i will be beyond happy as the Sinnoh region is by far my favourite of the series.

    Edit: I'm new to this sub (and reddit) and so i wasn't aware that I am most certainly not the only one with this opinion. Can't edit the title now, but i wish I hadn't worded it as if I wasn't sure I was the only one as I am certainly not. 😅 Thanks for the interesting discussions though, was definitely controversial as Id predicted, interesting to see what everyone thinks

    submitted by /u/JoeMassive33
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon trainers, at least in BW/B2W2, can run 1 mile in 98.56 seconds

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    For funsies I had my player in White run 40 yards and times it using the football field in the big stadium. Which he ran in 2.24 seconds. A simple conversion of 40 yards to 1760 yards turns 2.24 in to 98.56 second for one mile. Our characters are fast.

    submitted by /u/Silverwave2
    [link] [comments]

    What are the features of Sword and Shield that deserve to be praised?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    Sword and Shield are bathing in the negativity of the Pokémon fanbase at the moment. Let us all take a break and think about whether Sword and Shield have any features that deserve to be praised.

    What are the features of Pokémon Sword and Shield that deserve to be praised?

    submitted by /u/ManiacalFanSegments
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks Gible!!!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    My cat died a couple weeks ago, I wanted to share it since I named her after my fav pokemon, I just wanted to thank pokemon for all the good things that indirectly took part of my life.

    Gible

    Gible Collar

    submitted by /u/WickedAvant
    [link] [comments]

    Pokeballs only

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    Idk about anyone else. But I prefer it when all my pokemon are caught with regular pokeballs. It's just a nice little aesthetic and it fits nicely with my OCD.

    If I feel brave I try and catch legendaries with premier balls too. Idk I like to fit into character I guess.

    What about you guys?

    submitted by /u/khho100
    [link] [comments]

    Following the leak, I have many thoughts and some drawings. Firstly, Xatu.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/GROaxrd

    I'm certainly wrong. BUT, that silhouetted shadow-looking Pokemon shares too many similarities with Xatu for it not to be related. Xatu never moves, people think they are sensing pending doom. WHAT IF originally Xatu were always still because they are controlling some kind of ghost/fighting type version of themselves? Maybe this was re-tooled into Marshadow later and retconned into Ho-Oh's legend as it all originally started at the Ruins of Alph? There are so many cool concepts that Pokemon dropped, but the ones we got are also just as amazing. I'm going to draw all the old/new leaks as they give me a weird mandela effect-nostalgia that I just can't explain. Also middle Natu was too pure for this world. There were many birds that were lost in second gen.

    submitted by /u/Jacob_ZQ
    [link] [comments]

    #Justice4Kadabra

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    Pour one out for my man Kadabra, who hasn't made an appearance in the TCG or anime since 2003 because some lugnut who bends spoons for a living got his panties in a twist.

    why do people even like uri geller

    keanu reeves in the matrix was a better spoon bender anyway (and I'm not just saying that because ha ha funny reddit meme man ugandan chungus)

    submitted by /u/Candhfan621
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite pokemon game?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Hey everyone I just finished SW and SH. It was my very first pokemon game (and really first game ever) at the ripe old age of 20. I just started my boyfriend's copy of Ruby Omega and am really enjoying that as well! I know there area ton of of games in the series and im super excited to play some more!!! I was just wondering what everyone else's favorite pokemon game Is and why. Sooooo excited to learn some more!!!!!!!!!

    submitted by /u/skylerth
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favourite Eeveelution?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    [](Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word Word)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/ManiacalFanSegments
    [link] [comments]

    Should I purchase Sword or Shield?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I've played Pokémon since Gen I and I finally saved up to buy a Switch and SwSh. My question is, which game should I get? I have a living Dex through Gen VI so the only real difference will be exclusives during my first play through and exclusive legendaries.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Seaniard
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Shield was my first Pokémon game and I thoroughly enjoyed it

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I'm no stranger to the controversy surrounding Generation 8, and I know that lifelong Pokémon fans have felt cheated by GameFreak. I felt like I should provide some fresh perspective on the game, from someone who's never played a Pokémon game before.

    Once I set foot in the Wild Area for the first time, I knew I was hooked. While it's no Breath of the Wild, being put into a relatively massive area with so many different Pokémon walking/floating around was surreal and something I wasn't expecting. I loved hearing and finding new Pokémon in the Wild Area every day, and I absolutely loved the music and overall atmosphere. The raid battles were also incredible.

    A lot of the moves in the game have incredible animations and I think it's wrong to group the entirety of the new animations as a total failure. The music and art design was incredible and I loved the variety found in the different cities, gym battles, and trainer/boss fights. The storyline was decent at best, but I knew going in that Pokémon games weren't famous for their storylines.

    Overall, it's a game I really enjoy and I'm still picking it up to join raid battles or explore the Wild Area more to try and get my remaining ~120 Pokémon. I'm excited for the expansion packs and I hope they actually bring the fun new functionality GF talked about. While it's obvious that the game was rushed and it's not as good as it could have been, I still think it's wrong to just ignore the things the game does right and to write off the generation as a complete failure.

    submitted by /u/infamousbach
    [link] [comments]

    Funny thing I made up

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    In the pokemon anime I noticed trainers always wait for the ball to shake 3 times and for the light to stop blinking after capturing a Pokemon before coming into contact with the pokeball again. I like to think that if a trainer tried picking up the pokeball when it was still shaking and the light blinking they would suffer some kind of injury as the ball is going through some elemental properties trying to contain the pokemon. I made up the following of what would happen for each type if a trainer did what I described (yes it's weird I'm bored lol):

    Normal: trainer feels as if they got bit by a dog trying to pick up the ball

    Flying: trainer struggles breathing as it feels as if a huge jetstream of air is going down their throats against their lungs

    Water: trainer also struggles to breathe as it feels like their lungs are filling up with water

    Electric: trainer risks electrocution

    Ice: trainer risks getting instantaneous frostbite

    Fire: trainer risks getting 3rd degree burns

    Dragon: trainer risks getting their hand pierced by spikes (dragons have scaly skin)

    Psychic: trainer risks having their brain turned to mush

    Bug: trainer will feel like they got stung by a bee which will be followed by getting some kind of allergic reaction even if the trainer doesn't have any allergies

    Grass: trainer risks getting strangled as if it feels vines wrapping around their throat

    Steel: trainer risks getting hand cuts (like touching a running buzzsaw) and possible led poisoning

    Poison: risk of getting sick and possible death from posion

    Rock: the ball is simply too heavy to pick up (safest one lol)

    Fighting: trainer risks having bones in their hand and arm broken

    Ghost: trainer risks demonic possession

    Ground: trainer risks having their skin get severely dry and can cause major cracking and bleeding

    Dark: trainer risks going blind

    Fairy: trainer will have some kind of magic spell cast on them causing them to suffer randomly from one of the other 17 elemental types listed above

    On a final note if the pokemon trying to be captured is two types then the trainer will suffer from both types

    The end. 😋

    submitted by /u/Linkmaster79
    [link] [comments]

    So I was playing ultra sun today...

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Well, today I finally beat ultra necrozma, and I unlocked the wormhole. A few minutes later, I found and caught a shiny Terrakion, then a shiny lombre, and about an hour later, I found and caught a shiny floatzel! This is after I have never found a wild shiny ever before today!

    submitted by /u/jacksonthemusician
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon colosseum + XD gale of darkness continuing / spin off

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    Personally I loved these games and have recently purchased to play them again, I may be in nostalgia land but I recall the game being so ahead of its time with graphics as well as a very good story, and very unique to usual Pokemon games but keeping the same mechanics, personally would love something similar in a spin off game and they have the capabilities with the switch now jusy not sure if they'll be marketable in this day and age

    submitted by /u/JDMills121
    [link] [comments]

    Gen 4 remake gimmick?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    Almost 6 years ago now we got the remake of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire in the form of ORAS, with these remakes we got a post-game mission, new Mega Evolutions, new and interesting characters, lots of new mechanics, updated locations and Primal Forms. We also lost a few things along the way, Battle frontier (Yes it wasn't introduced until Emerald but they still could have included it), in accordance with X and Y the games became a lot easier due to the full team EXP Share, and many bike puzzles (for better or worse).

    With Gen 4 remakes almost certain to happen what new mechanics should be introduced to give the games their own spice? Many want either Primal or Mega forms of Dialga and Palkia, but should they instead get their own new mechanic like Kyogre and Groudon did with their Primal forms? Should they implement a hard mode like they did in BW2 where maybe the Gym leaders have stronger Pokemon/use mechanics like Mega Evolution? What new post-game adventures should be implemented?

    submitted by /u/ShadowCobra479
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think about Pokémon Emerald 15 years after its international release?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I'm really interested to hear your opinions about the third and final Hoenn adventure released for the GameBoy Advance. What did you like about it, and which aspects could've been better?

    Since there hasn't been much discussion about Emerald or Hoenn in general lately, I'd like to open this thread.

    submitted by /u/ThiefofHeart05
    [link] [comments]

    I present to you... Pixel! (Pikachu+Toxel)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Pixel

    This is my first photoshop so please don't be too harsh (I know its bad). It was fun and I want to do it again. If you have a suggestion for which Pokemon I should do next leave a comment and I might do that one next!

    submitted by /u/Metaknightmare131
    [link] [comments]

    Mom, wife, and I have Pokeball Pluses, so I 3D printed a Pokemon Center Recovery Machine to charge them!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Possible theory on how important the league is

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    On an earlier post I asked whether or not the league was the government or not, and based on the feedback I think I've formed a theory on the subject, and I figured I'd run it past you guys to clear up any mistakes. By far the best feedback I got is the idea that the league is a branch of the government instead of the entire thing. Expanding off this idea I've theorized that the league is a branch of the state government, not the central government, specifically the branch in charge of defense. As for how it works, my best guess is that the gym leaders make decisions, the E4 is able to veto those decisions, and the Champion can override the E4's veto. Most people accept the idea that the league is a sporting event, but there's on little detail that raises a few issues: in Black and White, you see the gym leaders making decisions for the region. The decisions are specifically decisions concerning team plasma trying to take over the region, making it likely that the gym leaders have some sort of job protecting the region. If the gym leaders are supposed to decide things before the E4, it explains why Bianca went to get the gym leaders before the E4 during team plasma's invasion: they're supposed to be the first ones to take action. As for the league being part of the state government as opposed to the central, there needs to be evidence that suggests that region's are states instead of countries. Luckily, almost all the proof can be found in the first four games. The first four regions are all based off different parts of Japan, so it's possible that they're all part of the same country. If that's too much of a stretch for you, consider this: Kanto also has Lt. Surge, who has the title "the lightning American". So now that it's canon that America is a place in the Pokemon universe, it's possible to prove that regions are states. Unova is based off New York (the state), and Alola is based off Hawaii, both of which are part of the United States. So if America is a place in the Pokemon world, and there are two regions based off U.S. states, both of which have their own leagues that have authority in the region, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that the leagues are part of the state government.

    Feel free to comment any details I'm missing or major holes that need fixing.

    submitted by /u/Yugthffhhdgcfg
    [link] [comments]

    What Pokémon do you think is overlooked too much?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    My personal favorite pokémon is Raichu. This comes with many pros and cons... Any game with the option of a pikachu starter makes you keep pikachu the whole time. Any side game with pikachu in it, only has pikachu in it (pichu sometimes). ((Aside from Mystery Dungeon)).

    Pikachu being the face of the series and a middle evo, screws over its other forms. No Raichu G-Max, No Raichu Mega. Just feels like they're missing the opportunity to just let us evolve that little jerk into a better form.

    I do appreciate Alolan Raichu. It seemed like we finally were giving Raichu any kind of attention and it was a nice time.

    I know with kanto starters Squirtle and Bulbasaur fans tend to get shafted because of how popular Charizard is.

    What are some pokémon you love that won't get the spotlight?

    submitted by /u/RadiCal-Coff
    [link] [comments]

    Need ideas for things to keep track of whole I watch the anime

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    I started from S1E1 of the anime and I started to keep track of various topics. Which pokemon appear in each episode, how many times team rocket blasts off, battle stats, how many Meowth balloons get popped, things like that.

    Are there any other things I should keep track of as I watch the show?

    submitted by /u/Jinjoz
    [link] [comments]

    Which Pokémon game has the most Pokémon available?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    I've been wondering this for a bit now. And I mean EVERYTHING available. This includes island scans, Pokémon from other regions that can be in the game (i.e Sword and Shield allow Alolan and Kanto starters) Wormholes, etc. I've tried finding things online but all of the posts are outdated. So, what Pokémon game has the most Pokémon?

    submitted by /u/eturriffik
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment