• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 25, 2020

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 25 April 2020

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 25 April 2020


    [RAGE THREAD] 25 April 2020

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    IT'S TIME TO RAGE!!!!!!!!


    RULES:

    • PRESS THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD

    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU ANGRY

    • OTHER PEOPLE WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS

    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER ABOUT THINGS WE HATE WILL FORM A STRONG BOND AMONG MEMBERS OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY

    • ???

    • PROFIT

    YOU CAN RAGE AT ANYTHING POKEMON RELATED!!!

    LET'S RAGE!!!


    THIS THREAD IS PART OF /R/POKEMON'S REGULAR STICKY ROTATION. TO SEE OUR ROTATION SCHEDULE AND ALL PAST STICKY ROTATION THREADS, GO HERE!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    An idea for Potential new Sinnoh Games

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    Instead of remaking Diamond and Pearl, like they've done with FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS, I'd love to see a sequel to Diamond and Pearl, similar time Black 2 and White 2. A game where we're back in Sinnoh, but with current mechanics, typings, moves, etc, but everything is a little different.

    Here are some ideas:

    -Cynthia is no longer the champion. Similar to Steven in Emerald, she can still be battled and still has an in-game presence, but she's no longer champion.

    -Who is the champion? My personal vote is Barry. He's wacky and a fan favorite, and I'd love to see a Champion who's not "oh man I'm so intimidating but also friendly" like every generation after Kanto. He'd be fun, but would constantly be like "pssh, yeah but you'll never actually beat me."

    -Spice up the gyms. Maybe Byron's retired and now someone in Jublife is a new gym leader. Maybe Volkner or Candice are now in the Elite Four. Phantina's now the final gym leader. Mix it up a bit.

    -Plot wise, I don't know, Team Galactic has a resurgence? Cyrus is back out of nowhere trying to take over the world, or maybe one of his admins is in charge now.

    My point is, I'd love to go back to Sinnoh, but I don't want just a fresh coat of paint on two already great games that are still fun to play today. I want a new adventure.

    submitted by /u/frenziest
    [link] [comments]

    The biggest Pokemon leak of all time is currently happening

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    The Lore: Two years ago in 2018 was a leak of the Spaceworld 1997 version of Pokemon Gold and Silver which fans had been looking for for a long time and it gave us a bunch of new unused Pokemon. That year there were also unused Pokemon from Gen 1 shown in a biographical manga about the creator of Pokemon and there was another leaked that showed the backsprites for almost all of the original 190 Pokemon that were planned for Gen 1.

    Two days ago a zip file called Gen2 was leaked that contained a ton of Pokemon Gen2 beta stuff that had stuff that wasn't in the Spaceworld 1997 leak we got in 2018. The file was huge and had like 100,000 things in it including 600 near final roms of Pokemon Gold and Silver and various development material. In the Korean Source Code folder there were the Spaceworld 1997 sprites and also new sprites we hadn't seen before. There was also a leak of Pokemon Spaceworld 1999 that day which also had some beta Pokemon sprites and designs.

    Pokemon Korean Gold Silver Beta 1997 and Spaceworld 1999 Sprites w/ new pokemon https://web.archive.org/web/20200425113636/https://gssource.neocities.org/sprites.html

    The Pokemon Red and Green Beta Sprites are currently leaking, there are 448 sprites. New insane looking Pokemon.

    Apparently these are also from another Pokemon Gold and Silver beta, but some Gen 1 beta Pokemon are in with them.

    • These are the sprites from a Korean Source Code version of the Pokemon Gold and Silver 1997 Spaceworld demo and they contain a whole bunch of new Pokemons that weren't in the 2018 leak version of it.

    • There was also a leak of the Pokemon Gold and Silver 1999 beta which is what the Pokedex images are from and also contain "new" Pokemon and/or new unseen beta versions of Pokemon and also some placeholder scribbles.

    EDIT: This isn't actually biggest Pokemon leak of all time so far (yet), I wrote that title when I thought the Pokemon Red and Green Beta sprites were leaking (because of the squid sprite), but it's still very cool and there might be more stuff in the folder it came from.

    Also yes Imgur sucks for small images, download the images if you want to see them in non-blurry quality.

    EDIT2:

    New stuff is already being found today including ninja politoad and facehugger gligar:

    submitted by /u/KingHorseFucker
    [link] [comments]

    Free roam Pokémon game is better as a spin off than a main line game.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    Now don't get me wrong, open worldness is cool and all and would definitely work in Pokémon but I think it's better as a side game.

    Now you can say that BOTW or <insert other open world game here> worked as main line games in their franchises and that is true, I see the main line Pokémon games as games for everyone to enjoy not just one group of people and that's where spin offs come in. With spin offs you can attract specific people who likes specific things so you can get money. Mario spin offs attract tennis or sports games fans because they are sports games or party games. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon worked so well because they attracted people who like the dungeon exploring type RPG games so an Open world Pokémon game is perfect for a spin off in my eyes. I want the main line games to be both Linear and Non linear like SwSh and I want them to be different from the spin offs. I want a good healthy mix in the main line games while a nice big bag of sugar in the spin offs. That's what I want in the Pokémon franchise and games.

    submitted by /u/DylanWthaFriend
    [link] [comments]

    Generation 5's worst feature: Pokémon Breeders on almost every route

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    In the Generation 5 games, you have to engage in a mandatory battle against a Pokémon Breeder every time you attempt to run past one of them on a route. It is much more efficient to just use the HM Fly to get around the Unova region.

    I preferred Generation 3's and Generation 4's VS. Seeker because it allowed you to choose which trainers you wanted to re-battle rather than having to be forced to battle them again. I want the VS. Seeker to return to the new core Pokémon games that will be released after Sword and Shield.

    submitted by /u/ManiacalFanSegments
    [link] [comments]

    What types or roles do you always have on your Pokemon teams? and Why?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    For instance, I have never not used a water type, fire type, and either an electric or a grass type. I also like to try to have ground, fighting, and flying types, but that's much looser.

    I have no reason for this, really, but it was a habit that I fell into when I played my first few games, and I feel like the type coverage is pretty good.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_GOOD_PUPPIES
    [link] [comments]

    What pokémon should i use? (Platinum)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    So upcoming tuesday (april 28th), i am getting my first ever gen 4 Pokémon game, Pokémon Platinum, and i really don't know which starter to pick or which pokémon to use. I love chimchar but turtwig and piplup also look cool. I want to have a hard challenge so if anyone has suggestions for teams feel free to leave them.

    submitted by /u/yungtuna7
    [link] [comments]

    The Leaked Cut Baby Pokemon from Gold & Silver are Adorable

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Why did they cut them? Some of them actually make sense from a certain point, I kind of thought Gold and Silver would have done that to be honest back in the day, filling in some evolutionary gaps from the previous game when needed.

    We get Pokemon Swords, Key Chains, Chandeliers but these designs weren't good enough?

    Boggles my mind.

    https://i.ibb.co/zngv4wY/1234.png

    submitted by /u/Robsonmonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon sword after finishing dex

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    I finished my pokedex yesterday after lots of farming and trading for hours..

    What is there to do now? Are there guides how to build the best pokemon and how to get 6 IVs?

    Is the pokemon level matter in raids/battle tower or competetive?

    What is the best way to level up my pokemons?

    I saw lots of guides out there but not sure which ones are actually good or valid

    submitted by /u/vovalol
    [link] [comments]

    Concept: Mega multi-region Game

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    So what if an over-arching game was made that encompassed, say, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh? I know that this was sort of done in HG/SS but I'm talking on a larger and deeper scale. Ash got to do it in the anime, so why not us? For example, you could start in Kanto and beat the Elite4/complete the dex and then you are asked to travel to Johto. You could bring all your pokemon with you to then end up micing dexes and having a really diverse team. Or maybe you can choose to only bring one of your previous pokemon with you? Or maybe you have to start again each time? This way you really have a chance to prove yourself to be the BEST pokemon trainer; essentially you become a travelling Champion. All just ideas- what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/synfvl
    [link] [comments]

    Attention reddit, I want your opinions on Pokémon Sword and Shield

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    What do you guys think of Pokémon Sword and Shield I've seen lots of hate directed toward these games but also blind praise. I really disliked them but I want to hear your opinions on these games because reddit is awesome. Please don't start any comment wars though, that's never fun for anyone.

    submitted by /u/RPGNUTBAG
    [link] [comments]

    Something that needs to be considered with the latest Pokemon leaks

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    These new leaks along with the 2018 leaks are obviously not confirmed to be real or not but there are some signs pointing to be fake.

    The main evidence is that the "Space World demo" contain most of Japan as a map for the game when it was clear that their intentions for Gold and Silver were always to be set in a map based on the Kansai region (both Gold and Silver names as well as Ho-Oh are all references to Kyoto) Johto did end up being based on Kansai so it's strange if they originally created many assets that had no connection to Kansai

    The other thread had people calling out Serebii and Bulbapedia for not believing these to be real but that's pretty unfair since there is evidence to be suspicious about

    submitted by /u/dance_to_the_radio
    [link] [comments]

    An idea for Mega Zoroark.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Trickery: an ability that lets Mega Zoroark gain the ability of the pokemon it was impersonating. It would open up A LOT of options. Speed Boost, Prankster, and Dark Aura would work very well Mega Zoroark and is guarenteed to shoot up to OU, maybe even Ubers. But would it be too broken singles or VGC?

    submitted by /u/RepulicanSans
    [link] [comments]

    Sw/sh which den is best for l/xl candy farming?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    Killing time and can't really seem to find a great answer. A brief search through serebii and I noticed den 43 had quite a few 3+ drops. Anyone have a den they've found that consistently drops large or extra large exp candies? I know purple beams work better but I'd rather not reset for them at this point.

    Anyway my post had to be 50 words so this is all extra just to make sure. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/dcchillin46
    [link] [comments]

    [BW] Doing my first randomized nuzlocke ever. Have an interesting team so far...

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/sMS6d8m

    Just got my encounter for route 3 and I have 3 fire starters. Tepig, Gastly, and Stunky were my starter choices (I went with Tepig of course, which was in the Snivy slot). Route 1 was a Kirlia, Route 2 was Glaceon, Dreamyard gift was Carnivine, Dreamyard grass was Quilava, and Route 3 was the Infernape. Had a bit of a scary moment with N having a Tympole with Bubble, and another when my first attack put Infernape in the red and confused it. Fortunately, it was caught first try with a pokeball despite the low catch rate. Can't wait to see what my encounter in the cave is!

    submitted by /u/sauron3579
    [link] [comments]

    What is the Best Pokemon Game? (Poll)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Ranking Ash's Johto Gym Battles!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Who makes your ultimate 6 from all regions? (No legendaries)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    So, from all regions, you get to pick only 6 Pokemon to make your final team. Who would you pick and why? Doesn't have to be the strongest team you can make, could be favourites or a tactically balanced team. List your reason behind each Pokemon. Also, no legendaries allowed.

    submitted by /u/GrapeyGuy1
    [link] [comments]

    Ash's strongest Pokemon besides Pikachu?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    I don't know how to make it properly asked. I mean some like Pikachu and rates it as his strongest due to his victories over powerful Pokemon. Some not so high on it.

    And I'm mostly curious but how people feel between his Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Krookodile and Greninja.
    Also, I was always impressed by his Kingler, Snorlax, Tauros, Heracross, Staraptor, Gliscor and Lycanroc. But I feel like those 5 did more than these Pokemon.

    submitted by /u/Odinn21
    [link] [comments]

    I just had the craziest Nuzlocke Gym Battle!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    This is my first Nuzlocke run and everything was going pretty well. I was just about to fight Kabu, I had only lost a Nickit and a Chinchou (I was sad about this one), and I was pretty confident in my team. I made it a rule for myself to keep my Pokémon under the level of the next gym leaders strongest Pokémon, but everything seemed pretty easy as long as I took advantage of type matchups...

    Wrong

    I went in to fight Kabu with my main counters being Chewtle and Shellos. Slowpoke was there too, but he couldn't do much either. All three of them died to Centriscorch. I sent out a Drifloon because none of my team could survive one more hit and Aftemath would do just enough chip damage to give me a shot. Drifloon went down to Struggle Bug and Aftermath damaged Centriscorch. I sent out Corvisquire, but she wasn't strong enough, and she fell too. My last hope was Thwacky....

    That's right, a grass type. Thwacky had full health, but only one other damaging move other than False Swipe. It was Razor Leaf. Centriscorch has barely any health leafy, so I was confident that Razor Leaf could take it out if Thwacky went first. And Thwacky went first! But Centriscorch was left with a sliver of HP and used flamewheel. It hit Thwacky down to 6 HP and gave him a burn status. I thought I was done for. I thought it was game over. The burn took affect and left Thwacky with 1 HP!!! I used Razor Leaf one last time and took down Kabu's last Pokémon with 1 HP on a grass type! It was amazing!

    I love Nuzlocke.

    submitted by /u/Eighty_Six_Salt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment