• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 13, 2020

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 13 June 2020

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 13 June 2020


    [RAGE THREAD] 13 June 2020

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    IT'S TIME TO RAGE!!!!!!!!


    RULES:

    • PRESS THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD

    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU ANGRY

    • OTHER PEOPLE WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS

    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER ABOUT THINGS WE HATE WILL FORM A STRONG BOND AMONG MEMBERS OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY

    • ???

    • PROFIT

    YOU CAN RAGE AT ANYTHING POKEMON RELATED!!!

    LET'S RAGE!!!


    THIS THREAD IS PART OF /R/POKEMON'S REGULAR STICKY ROTATION. TO SEE OUR ROTATION SCHEDULE AND ALL PAST STICKY ROTATION THREADS, GO HERE!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I don't think think Game Freak will ever run out of ideas for new Pokemon

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    You always hear fans say that GF will run out of ideas eventually. I've heard this since Gen 5 and it likely existed even beforehand.

    This seems unlikely. There are so many animals, plants, inanimate objects, and the like to make new Pokemon on. Many Pokemon are also based on the same idea, such as lions or various breeds of dogs. If the current artists get stumped, bring in new blood who can come up with new ideas.

    Yokai Watch has almost 700 yokai as of just the third game and Digimon has over 1000 digimon already. There's no such thing as "too many" when it comes to monster catching games.

    submitted by /u/Gallantpride
    [link] [comments]

    Duel of the fluffy ones

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    My favourite Pokemon are coming back!!!!!!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    Nobody is talking about how Walrein, Exploud, Aurorus and Dragalge are coming back, but I'm just super excited! Didn't anyone else miss these four? I feel like I am the only fan of these amazing Pokemon. I really hope that there are other people who love these cool-looking powerhouses! Gaah!

    submitted by /u/Rice_of_legends
    [link] [comments]

    which generation is best?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    Has anyone ever used a Shuckle to make Rare Candies?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    So I've always heard that in Pokemon Crystal, if you give Shuckle a Berry to hold, it will eventually turn into Berry Juice. If you wait a while longer, then that Berry Juice will become a Rare Candy. This has supposedly been removed in all games since.

    This 'fact' can be found all over the internet, but there is no information on exactly how long it takes for this to happen. In fact, there is evidence that it's all a myth, and Shuckle never could make Rare Candies.

    This discussion on stackexchange claims that this mechanism is not present in the games code;

    A disassembly of Pokémon Crystal is available on GitHub, and nowhere in it is code for having Shuckle turning Berry Juice into a Rare Candy.

    Also, one user on Bulbapedia decided to put this feature to the test, and has not produced a single Rare Candy.

    So, is this a load of nonsense? An urban legend? Have we all been duped, just like when we were told Mew was under the truck? Or have some of you actually been able to farm Rare Candies using this method?

    submitted by /u/jetsam_honking
    [link] [comments]

    Legendary pokemon need to stop being the game, and start being apart of the game again.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    We can't seemingly have a new game without the legendary pokemon being the entire purpose and reason of the game. This wasn't an issue for Kanto (the birds were more or less just there if you wanted them/Mewtwo wasn't even available until post game) or Johto (the dogs and birds were apart of the story, but weren't the whole game/again just there if you wanted them). Hoenn made them a subject of the story, but their was more there than just them (team aqua/magma, gym challenge, wally and rival, and a good amount of post game). Sinnoh was very comparable to Hoenn, but still moving closer to legendaries being the game. The thing with these two is that we hadn't had a Pokemon game like them yet, and they both had a fair amount of extras and post game. Unova, for me, is where things really downturn (I know, I know unova best story, but that's not the point). There is no growth in unova from sinnoh, it's the same only with worse graphics somehow, in my opinion. This is where we really see the rise of versus, duo legendaries, legendaries are the game, and the whole point of the game. Still some post game, but it's just two sets of trios (a new set of Kanto birds that you just go find, and a new set dogs that you have to tediously try to find). In comparison to Hoenn with the Regis which were a mini game in their own, and sinnoh which opened new areas for the other legendaries. Kalos was the first on 3ds so we saw an upgrade in visuals and gameplay, but still more stagnation in terms of story. Like I played through it twice and sitting here typing this I can't even remember it. Fairy dear vs dark bird thing... That's it. All other legendaries were event/WiFi. I really don't want to talk about Alola, I really don't. This is the only Pokemon game that I haven't finished. Played right before sword and shield and made it to the flying through space stuff and quit. Dumbest mechanic in the series. Anyways, in Alola we see a change from Vs to choose one (great we are FORCING people to buy both if they want the legendaries), and then an unnecessary over abundance of legendaries for the sake of nothing other than oversaturating a game that has nothing else going for it. Alola was a series I wasn't excited for or even wanted if I'm going to be honest. Instead of stagnation we saw more of a degradation, a quantity of fake excitement over quality of enjoyment. And that finally brings us to Galar, which in my opinion is am upgrade from Alola in many ways (I think most would agree). There are still many issues I have though. With Galar we see a big growth and jump with gameplay in terms of the big open area (can't remember what it's called for some reason), raid battles that incentivise multiplayer, and being the first main title on switch helps a lot in terms of power. Another positive I see is the introduction of DLC. This was and is heavily criticised because a lot of people see it as money grabbing, but I see it as small additions to a current game that keep it fresh, bit aren't as resource intensive as a whole new game, which in turn allows more time for the next main game/remake to be made so it will (hopefully) be of better quality. Let's be honest pokemon was going down a call of duty route for a long time there of quantity of games vs quality of game. Now I digress back to the main point of this post, the story. Was there a story in Galar? Just like Alola it's a shift from Vs to pick one, buy both games. The story is linear beyond belief, you basically do a figure 8 across the world map and the game is done. The legendaries are the game, you are forced to capture eternatus and and you get your cover 5 min after the champ battle. The post game consists of the twins and half an hour of gameplay with no additional legendaries. We went from an over abundance to 3 and you can only catch 2.

    TLDR: Gen 1-2: legendaries were there. Gen 3-5: legendaries are heavily intertwined with the story. Gen 6-8: legendaries are the games and their only purpose is to be the finale.

    Thanks for your time in this long rant, and I want to hear what you think about the progression of the series and when or where things went wrong for you! I love pokemon and can't wait for the DLC and potentially Sinnoh remakes at some point!

    submitted by /u/xKosh
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite prehistoric Pokémon from Gen 1 ?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:17 AM PDT

    What were some crazy playground rumours you believed as a child?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    For example, mew being under the truck was huge for everyone! But when I was a kid playing pokemon crystal I was told if I beat red and got a full living dex, then went to ilex forest with a level 100 pokemon and knocked out 100 pokemon celebi would appear to punish me for bullying pokemon, then I could catch it!

    Needless to say I didnt try it and I'm glad I didnt, but makes you wonder how many other people had similar experiences! If you feel like sharing them I'd love to read some!

    submitted by /u/trainermimic
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got around to finishing the task 8 year old me spent dozens of hours trying to achieve

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Mirage Island in Pokemon Emerald. time to shiny hunt a wynaut and get some Liechi berries

    submitted by /u/TM_AerialAce
    [link] [comments]

    Best Pseudo-Legendary (Gen 1-6)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    I just want to know which Pseudo-Legendary is the best. (I made an oopsie on gen 3....I forgot bout metagross...)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/DizzierJack
    [link] [comments]

    What am I supposed to do in the end game in pokemon sword/shield?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    I'm mainly concerned with pokemon sword and shield right now but I've had this problem with every pokemon game I've played. Basically after I beat the game, I go and catch all the legendary pokemon and whatnot and sometimes go get some of the cool Pokemon I wanted, but then I'm always at a loss for what to do.

    Currently in pokemon sword I was shiny hunting for a while, and managed to get some of my favorite pokemon as shiny pokemon bred competitively, and I for the first time ever EV trained my Pokemon. But now I'm at a loss for what to do with them (or do in general) because I specifically kept them low level so I could actually raise them up the way I did with the pokemon I went through my main playthrough with.

    So now back to my original question: what should I be doing? I feel empty because all the exciting parts of pokemon sword are over as far as I'm aware, although if I had any irl friends who were into pokemon I'd probably still be enjoying it (but I don't so yeah). Should I just wait for the dlc and hope it will be relatively low level so I can go into it with all my unevolved ev trained shiny pokemon? Or is there something else I could do?

    submitted by /u/PopeFrank42069
    [link] [comments]

    I Showed My Girlfriend a Picture of Each Baby Pokemon and Asked Her to Name Them - Here Are Her Answers.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    My girlfriend does have a basic knowledge of Pokemon - she's played a little bit of Red, played through most of Shield and has humoured me by playing the Pokemon TCG with me. She has her favourites (Eevee) and knows the name of many, but I thought it'd be fun to see how much she knew about the baby Pokemon:-

    Pichu – Pika

    Cleffa – Pinky

    Igglybuff – Jigglypie

    Togepi – Hatchee

    Tyrogue – Bendover (he's bending over on the Bulbapedia picture)

    Smoochum – Slutty McSlutterson

    Elekid – Electabizz

    Magby – Sulkee

    Azurill – Piles

    Wynaut – Grinna

    Budew – Seedling

    Chingling – Happibo

    Bonsly – Seedot

    Mime Jr – It

    Riolu – Pupply

    Mantyke – Flubbafish

    Toxel - Toxling

    submitted by /u/JoshFromPalletTown
    [link] [comments]

    Drink up. The grind isn't over.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    What's wrong with GTS?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    Everyone asking pokemon impossible to obtain levels 1-10.

    Are they trying some lame trick to clone pokemon? Right now the GTS is almost useless. Its flooded with stupid requests like that.

    I heard somewhere they are flexing. But that would be even more stupid since i never read their names. So what's wrong with them?

    submitted by /u/Redname52
    [link] [comments]

    Nice moment I had at GameStop a year ago

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    My sister wanted Soulsilver so my dad and I went with her to gamestop to get it, when we got there the price was $60 for a used copy, my dad then went "aren't DS games $40 when they're new? Why is this more expensive when used?" The GameStop employee then said "well these are seen as the best games in the series and have so much to offer, trust me it's worth it" then another worker in the back said "definitely, these games are great" to which my dad then looked at me and was like "really?" To which I nodded and so he bought it for my sister

    It was a pretty wholesome moment

    submitted by /u/epicgames6999
    [link] [comments]

    hi // i run a live-action pokemongo from my website called "scavengemon" // i hide physical cards all over the country and then give you clues to go find them // link below <3

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    Question: Why do people like Absol?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    This isn't a troll post or an attempt to start a fight, I just don't really get why it's so popular. It was in the top 10 for Hoenn at the Pokemon of the Year poll and it seems very popular here too. What gives? To me, it looks just like your run of the mill "beast", that was made to look all dark and edgy. Then with the mega, they went even further down that route. It really just doesn't appeal to me. I'm not saying it's objectively bad, but can someone explain the appeal?

    submitted by /u/DidIHappenToSay
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion: I think that GF should focus more on remixing old mons in the future

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    I already made a comment about this under the post by u/GallantPride talking about GF not running out of ideas for new mons for a while, but I figured a post would prompt a bit more discussion.

    In my opinion, remixed mons are more appealing than brand new ones. Right now, we've got 33 regional variant pokemon, 39 if you wanna count regional evolutions like Obstagoon and Mr. Rime, and I'm confident in saying I prefer them to new pokemon.

    I do enjoy new pokemon because of that sense of wonder, "What will this evolve into", "Will it get a second type" etc, but for me,the sense of wonder in a regional variant is way higher. If GF were to come out and say "For our next region, there will be zero new pokemon, instead of adding 100 or so new creatures, we're remixing 100 or so old ones" I think I'd be more excited for a pokemon game than I have ever been. I could imagine running into things like Ice-type Numels, Fire-type Oddishes, Steel-type Skorupis, Dark-type Riolus, etc, and that idea really excites me.

    Instantly I'd be thinking "What does its new movepool look like" "How have their stats been rearranged?" "Do they get another type when they evolve?" "How do their evolutions look like?". Regional variants are, IMO, the best thing to come out of this modern pokemon series that started with XY, not megas, not z-moves, not D-max, and I think that GF really struck gold here, but I also think they're barely scratching the surface of what this idea is capable of. Plus, GF loves to market new gimmicks for each generation, and this is one that I would be absolutely okay with them doing.

    Again, this is all my opinion and I'm interested to hear yours, but I think that a region that solely focused on remixing and giving us new takes on familiar faces would be really cool.

    submitted by /u/Master_Flip
    [link] [comments]

    The best pokemon god

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment