• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 18, 2020

    Pokémon Wild Wailords in Isle of Armor are actual size.

    Pokémon Wild Wailords in Isle of Armor are actual size.


    Wild Wailords in Isle of Armor are actual size.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    If Gamefreak messes up the gen 4 remakes I think I'll be done with the new pokemon games

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    In my opinion, the gen 4 and 5 games still have more depth and content than any of the new pokemon games. The new games just feel shallow to me. Even if the sinnoh remakes are regular games and not let's go games, I still really dont trust gamefreak to keep everything that made the originals great intact (the underground, super contests, the battle frontier, the V.S seeker, the resort and survival areas with the battleground for gym leader rematches, your very own villa, and the distortion world). As much as gamefreak will pretend platinum didnt happen as they did with emerald in oras us fans shouldn't forget and accept it. Gen 4 is what I grew up with and it will really hurt to see it be remade mediocrely.

    I just want to make it clear here that this is only my opinion and you are completely free to disagree with me. I just really wanted to get my opinion out there as this is something I do feel strongly about. This series made a huge impact on my childhood, especially these games and I just want to see their inevitable remakes to be just as good as the originals if not even better. Not just a graphical update of diamond and pearl with even less features than the originals and all the improvements that made platinum great stripped away because it's technically a "diamond and pearl" remake, not a platinum remake.

    Edit: I just want to clarify that this post is purely about theoretical sinnoh remakes. Nothing has been confirmed by gamefreak so far.

    submitted by /u/Kohryuk
    [link] [comments]

    **SPOILER** I finally get to walk my goodest boi!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Let's Go Colosseum/XD remakes are happening. Here's the evidence.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    Like most of us, when I first saw the Pokemon Presents video a couple days ago, I assumed a Let's Go Johto game was happening when Ishihara mentioned a big project to be announced. After all, the evidence was compelling -- lots of Johto Pokemon in the background and even Espeon and Umbreon in front of a Let's Go Switch bundle. Makes sense.

    However, that black Pikachu sitting on the opposite side of the regular Pikachu had me confused. Why that Pikachu? So the more I thought about the big picture, the more I realized that the announcements could very well be a Let's Go version of Colosseum/XD. Here's the evidence:

    1. Most of the Pokemon shown in the background are in Colosseum/XD as Shadow Pokemon. The Johto starters and the legendary beasts all play significant roles in the games, as does Lugia. Why are Mewtwo and Ho-Oh there? Well, Mewtwo now has a shadow form thanks to Pokken Tournament. And because there are two versions of the games, perhaps Lugia's counterpart will be in the other game as the main Pokemon -- AKA Shadow Ho-Oh (XD002?). While Johto Pokemon are most associated with Gold/Silver for obvious reasons, they were reintroduced in Colosseum/XD as a way for players to fill up their Pokedexs in Ruby/Sapphire due to lack of compatibility between GBC and GBA.
    2. The black Pikachu (left) can be thought of as the shadow version of the main Pikachu (right). They are on opposite sides, the shadows for both plushes are pretty prominent, and they look like near-identical plushes aside from their colorings. It's also curious that a lot of these plushes in the background have prominent shadows, though I admit this could be a stretch.
    3. Umbreon, Eevee, and Espeon all have significant roles in the games. Umbreon and Espeon are your starters in Colosseum, while Eevee is in XD. What better way to have sequels to the original Let's Go games than to have a continuation of Eevee since it has become a mascot for the franchise. And because of their roles, I think the games will be called Let's Go, Umbreon! and Let's Go, Espeon!. Perhaps Shadow Ho-Oh will be in LG:U and Shadow Lugia in LG:E.
    4. Game Freak is looking to the past for future games. Pokemon Snap is finally seeing a sequel, so it wouldn't be unheard of for other games like Colosseum/XD to get the same treatment. Adding to this, Genius Sonority, the developer of Colosseum/XD, has relations with Game Freak again, as they are the ones making the Pokemon Cafe Mix game. Between Bandai Namco working on the Snap sequel and Genius Sonority doing the Let's Go Colosseum/XD games, this would leave Game Freak available to be working on the traditional mainline games, whether that be the 9th-generation games or Diamond/Pearl remakes that are imminent at this point. Nintendo has done this with Grezzo on multiple occasions with Zelda remakes as they have focused on Breath of the Wild and its upcoming sequel.
    5. Pokemon GO is a part of the franchise now. The Pokemon Company recognizes this and wants to continue to leverage its success through the Let's Go games, which act as a bridge between the casual and core audiences. GO reintroduced the Shadow Pokemon and purification mechanics in 2019, which were staples of Colosseum/XD. Ash's counterpart in the new Pokemon Journeys anime is Goh, who is basically the personification of the GO games; his goal is merely to catch all Pokemon, not battle with them like Ash. It's also oddly coincidental that they throw in the phrase "Let's go" in Journeys quite frequently. Lastly, the Let's Go engine is complete and ready to use for other games; LG:PE have sold 12 million copies as of March, so clearly they have been a success and paved the way for a market for those wanting a more casual Pokemon experience.

    Conclusion: I think there's a lot of evidence here that makes the case of the upcoming Let's Go games to be based on Colosseum/XD. I always thought the games were highly underappreciated titles, so it would be great for newer players to get to experience them in a new way.

    submitted by /u/masterz13
    [link] [comments]

    I’m might gonna get some hate for this...

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Yes I am a long time Pokémon fan. Yes I have played most of the main series Pokémon games (all but gen 1 and 7 which I started but didn't get very far). Yes I can recognize flaws within a game that I like. And yes, SW/SH are my second favorite Pokémon games. I realize there are many things wrong with gen 8, but they're honestly some of the most fun I've had in a Pokémon game since I played B/W for the first time. I love close to everything about the game. I love the wild area, I love the max raid battles (although not the npc companions, that solrock can go burn), I love Hop (not my favorite rival, that goes to Hugh), and by GOD I love the new Pokémon designs (Appletun is my new all time favorite).

    Yeah it's sad that a bunch of Pokémon got cut, and that the graphics aren't nearly what they should be for a console Pokémon game, among other things like a weak story and not that challenging gameplay. But I personally (key word "personally") am willing to overlook those problems for my own enjoyment of the game. Idk maybe that's not a good thing, but it does allow me to enjoy a game.

    And of course, feel free to feel how you will about SW/SH, this is just my opinion and was hoping to maybe spread a little positivity.

    Thanks

    Edit: I just noticed the god awful grammar mistake in the title, oh well 🤷‍♂️

    submitted by /u/sourMaxipoo
    [link] [comments]

    Images of every town in the recently leaked 1998 demo for Pokémon Gold and Silver

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    My Prediction on the Nintendo Direct next week

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    It'll start out the regular way. Tsunekazu Ishihara will come sit down and introduce himself. He will talk about the exciting new projects Game Freak is working on. Then, he'll show us one of them: Pokemon Sleep. It's just sleeping. That's it. Then we'll get into what everybody has wanted since 2008:

    Pokemon Blaze Red and Forest Green on Nintendo Switch. It's the same story as Red, Blue, Green, Fire Red, Leaf Green, LGP and LGE. This time, Charizard gets another form. No other Pokemon, just Charizard. And he's the only starter you can choose. And you can't catch anything else.

    submitted by /u/drenlinrush
    [link] [comments]

    Am I Wrong for Expecting More?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    So as many of you know Isle of Armor dropped today. Being a hardcore fan of pokemon since the day I was gifted a gameboy color with pokemon yellow, I was excited. For the last few years I've come to stay out of the loop on news on a game/dlc so I can expirience it first hand. I'd only watch official trailers only. After it was announced, I became concerned over the moths how little to no official info/trailers were coming out for it. I began to feel it was getting the Ultra Smash treatment. Aka: what Nintendo showed us when it was revealed, that little sneak peak, was all we were getting in the dlc. I held out hope though. With how it was a trpoical island away from the mechanical galar, ad how we got a slowpoke months in advance, am I wrong for expecting new galar forms besides those? Am I wrong for being disappointed in the short story line and the minimal quality of life improvements like max soup? The mons you get aren't locked behind the dlc, you can get them through trading, and the few extra trainer battles and fighting facilities don't feel like they're worth $15, or $30 if you want to get it for both versions. The main rivals felt uninteresting after a few encounters, and they're practically identical. They have the same personalities, the face they wear and their "real" personalities are the same, with some text differences. Level scaling is weak, and not just for late game. I went in with 2 gym badges, and Mustard had level 13 pokemon. That's not scaling, that's no badges territory especially with how the first gym leader's lead mon is level 18. For being hyped up as they were, the 3 trials were short fetch quests that in total took me about an hour to do. This whole area just feels like a small post game adventure that in the past we wouldn't have paid for. A short little story ending with access to a battle arena. It feels, empty, and soulless. For example I want to use Klara's head band/bow(?) whatever it is. In the past, a design detail like that would be hinting at a new pokemon. Or how at the beginning of the game, that fletchling wind spinner would mean fletchling was in the region. But in both instances, its just a design, or its just scenery. The "dlc" feels like it was part of the game originally, but they had to delay it cause they had a deadline. It just feels off that their crown tundra first look in the first trailer hyped up the area extremely with returning legendaries, 3 new ones(the unknown ne plus the 2 new regis) as well as the galarian birds, while the isle got a bit of time looked at it. Might I also add that in the past few games, primarily the ones on the 3ds, we didn't have to pay $15 to catch old legendaries in the post game. I think my complaints are reasonable, but in every comments section on youtube where I've said this, people grill me for "expecting more than we got,"...excuse me?! You're saying that I shouldn't expect there to be new content on an expansion to a game? What kind of logic is that?

    submitted by /u/recklesstreecko
    [link] [comments]

    The main campaign of the Island of Armor is roughly two hours hour long and even easier than the base game (SPOILERS)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    There are basically only 10 Trainer Battles (3 battles against your new rival, 3 battles against Dojo Master and 4 generic dojo trainers)+ 3 Galarian Slowpoke + 1 Dynamax Vespiqueen.

    You start by fighting your new rival (Avery/Klara) who has first stage mons (Abra ROFL), then the Dojo Master (who also has first stage mons), then you battle 3 Galarian Slowpoke, get a free G-Max Bulbasaur or Squirtle, go on a fetch quest to gather shrooms, fight your rival again (still with his first stage mons).

    Then you drink a soup, have a final battle with your rival (who now has a Dynamax G-Slowbro), get a level 10 Kubfu, and after this is where the length will vary depending on the items you have.

    In theory, you could revisit old routes of the base game to manually level Kubfu to level 70 (recommended level for the Towers) building friendship in the process (max friendship needed to access the towers) OR just feed him XP candies until he's level 70 and play with him in camp for a few mins.

    Once the friendship is maxed you are allowed to enter one of the two Towers using ONLY Kubfu. At first I was excited because I was expecting a rough battle between my legendary baby bear and super OP trainers...

    But no, you face 4 forgettable trainers that use first and second stage mons, you one shot them with Close Combat and then you face the Dojo Master again in a mirror match which you are guaranteed to win as long as you have Aerial Ace since his Kubfu is too fricking slow so he dies in two hits while you can tank his Aerial Ace.

    Then you evolve your bear, team up with Hop to get some honey, kill Dynamax Vespiqueen, have a final rematch with the Dojo Master (the only worthwhile trainer in the entire DLC with a six mon team that is level 70 and above plus he has a G-Max Urshifu of the opposite style you chose, seriously, he's my fav NPC trainer in the entire game) and then the DLC is over.

    Sure, the new open area is nice, restricted sparing seems interesting (it is a mono-type battle facility in which you're restricted to one type but your opponents are not) and I'm gonna be doing a few raid battles until I have enough soup to G-Max my starters but...there's not enough content IMO if you take in consideration season passes of games like The Witcher 3 or Assassins Creed Origins.

    There's probably a few more post-game secrets to be discovered (Hop mentions a certain gym leader arriving to the Island of Armor but I haven't found them yet) but when it comes to the base content it is quite lacking.

    After all, the base game was at least 10 hours long with plenty of routes and NPC trainers and this is only 2 hours w/o even a single town and just 6 different trainers (4 of them generic NPCs).

    Oh, and to make matters worse, if you somehow get a second Kubfu via trade you cannot do the other tower so be sure to make the right choice.

    Thoughts?

    PS. Something funny I discovered: if you explore the ocean you will find a MASSIVE scale accurate Wailord but once you catch it and have it follow you his size is like one-fourth of the original.

    submitted by /u/muchomanga
    [link] [comments]

    I just made my new computer wallpaper, (OC). My two favorite pokemon of all time!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    Marriage proposal to gf need help

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    So I'm going to ask my gf of four years to marry me and I need your help. I wanted to see if anyone is in contact with who ever makes fan games so I can ask them if they can make a quick games that has all her favorite Pokémon and she has to battle me and when she beats me, my little avatar asks her if she will marry me. Please and thank you :3

    submitted by /u/justrob107
    [link] [comments]

    The Isle Of Armor: Day 1 Review

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    Well, that didn't take very long. Let's dissect it!

    PROS

    • The island itself is gorgeous and I'm glad we have more open water to explore. Felt a little like Gen 3 with all the surfing going on.

    • Urshifu is cool enough, certainly not the worst I've ever seen. I like how you get to choose which way you want to take it when you evolve it and there's a whole process to it beyond that.

    • The new rival is funny as hell. I won't spoil anything else, but I found her charming.

    • Alolan (and a few Original) Forms are back!

    • The Diglett quest was enjoyable and emphasized the open-world aspects of the game.

    • Returning 'mons are solid

    • YOU NO LONGER HAVE TO SPECIFICALLY HUNT FOR GMAX RAIDS TO GET GMAX POKÉMON. THANK GOD.

    • Pokemon follow you now. I was never huge on the concept, but people seem to like it.

    • Alolan starters are back. Sue me, I love them and I WILL be making a clone of my world-destroying Ultra Sun Incineroar.

    CONS

    • This was expected, as there's a whole other island in the pipeline, but it feels a bit short of content. None of it is really all that challenging.

    • Could have done with a few more Galarian forms, but honestly I really don't mind just having Slowbro. I'm hearing rumors about Galarian Slowking as well so who knows.

    • Leaving it to the player to get Kubfu up to actual fighting levels was a very, very bad idea. The only reliable way to do it is to hunt every single Max Raid you can find. 5 star raid? Lol get fucked, you gotta keep trying. Which brings me to...

    • Raid AI partners remain borked. This is just laziness at this point. This should have been a "patched after a week" issue when the game launched.

    Overall, it's a pretty mixed bag for me. There was definitely stuff I liked, and there's surely more on the way, but...eh. Wish I had to take more than a day to get everything done that I needed to do.

    submitted by /u/DJBoost
    [link] [comments]

    When I Dynamaxed my Urshifu and realised I didn't feed it the G-max soup, it felt like Mustard and I were both disappointed in me.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    Here's how you can get an extra Kubfu/Urshifu and G-Max Venosaur/Blastoise using Pokemon Home

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    First, create a new profile on your Switch and start a new game of SS with the new profile.

    Put text speed to fast, disable animations, select skip movies and make your way to the the Wild Area (you only need to battle Hop twice plus 3 random trainers), and instead of going to Motorstoke, talk to the train guy and ask to be brought back to Wedgehurst.

    There you will meet Avery/Klara and be asked to catch Galarian Slowpoke, catch it, and then you will be able to board the train to the Island of Armor. All trainers' Pokemon are going to be Level 10-25 so you shouldn't have a problem beating them with your starter.

    If you DO have problems or just want to just steam roll tru everything, transfer your new starter to your main game, use XP candies to make it OP and transfer it back to the new game, don't worry about badges, he will always obey you.

    Alternatively, you can just transfer a super OP mon from your main game to your new game but 3 out of 5 times it will not obey you in battle because of the badges.

    You only need to defeat Avery, the Dojo Master, the 3 Wild Slowpokes, Avery for the second time, and then Avery a final time to get both Kubfu and the Kanto G-Max starter.

    To do the Tower of Darkness/Water, the recommended level is 30 so what I recommend is to transfer your new Kubfu back to the main game, feed him XP candies and EV train him (so when he fights the 5 Pokemon in the Tower he doesn't get random EVs) then send him back.

    PS. The specific method between moving Pokemon from two Switch accounts to the same HOME account is this:

    1. Log in to Home from your main account on the Switch.
    2. Click Pokemon.
    3. Before selecting Pokemon SS, press up on your pad and click on your user.
    4. It will ask you if you want to check a different users' save data. Click yes and select the second user.
    5. Enjoy your second kung fu bear!

    The second account does NOT need to be linked to Pokemon Home, it doesn't need a Nintendo Online membership AND it doesn't need a linked Nintendo account.

    This can be done in under two hours from start to finish, just watch a series or a movie during the unskippable dialogue.

    WARNING: If you want a second G-Max Urshifu, I believe you NEED to beat the league on your second game to have Hop show up for the Vespiqueen quest since you cannot get more of that special honey which means that you can only make one Max Honey Soup per savefile. I will test this tomorrow once I evolve my second Kubfu so I'm not 100% sure about this.

    Water/Fighting Urshifu seems to be better off with its Dynamax form in doubles anyways (causing rain that boosts his water damage + gives boosts to its teammates is better than being able to get pass tru Max Guard IMO) but in singles, I believe that G-Max form wins out.

    For Dark/Fighting, Max Darkness is a complete waste (lowering Sp. Defense doesn't benefit a physical attacker like Urshifu) so his G-Max form is superior.

    submitted by /u/muchomanga
    [link] [comments]

    So I gave Honey 3 million Watts... (Spoiler?)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    After an absolute ton of grinding I was about to put together the 3 million Watts to complete all of the upgrades on the Dojo.

    She took me for a walk and gave me......

    Her rare league card -.-

    I recommend to quit gifting Watts after you get all of the EV training supplements, it's all down hill from there.

    submitted by /u/Slotholopolis
    [link] [comments]

    Theory: Leon got his Charmander from Mustard

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    This is probably canon or general knowledge at this point, idk, but it just occurred to me that Leon most likely got his Charmander from Mustard. Everything lines up:

    • Leon trained under Mustard
    • Mustard lets you pick between Squirtle and Bulbasaur, both of which are Kanto starters and have G-Max traits
    • Charmander is evidently missing from the selection of starters distributed
    • Mustard does not seem to have an unlimited amount of the starters either

    This is just what I think but I don't really know. Also, it probably doesn't matter too much since it's such a small piece of info, but I feel like it's a neat little Easter egg or attention to detail.

    submitted by /u/I_Bathe_Regularly
    [link] [comments]

    Galar loving rejected Pokemon makes me happy

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    I know swsh have their problems, but good god do I love how in the starter scene Leon is like "Don't worry buddy, I'll take care of you" to whichever starter didn't get chosen by you or hop. And then something similar happens in the dlc and it just makes me so happy. I used to actually worry about that last ball in Oak's lab as a child, and now I don't have to! It's a silly thing to enjoy, but enjoy it I shall.

    submitted by /u/theprinceof94
    [link] [comments]

    Well this sure aged like milk

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Isle of armor has a lot if cool detail in lore and philosophy.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    I just started playing isle of armor and beat the story and since i can't sleep i want to talk about my thoughts on the legendary and its details in design. Kubfu and Urshifu are basically the pokemon representation of all things martial arts.

    If you look at Kubfu you can see that despite its name it stands in a Karate stance, this makes a lot of sence since Kubfu is suppost to be a kid and karate is the most popular martial art among young children and the most common one taught to children for self defence (hense the movie Karate Kid).

    It is when it is evolved into Urshifu that we see a lot more detail, when you evolve it in to Urshifu you have the option of either evolving it into a fighting/dark type or fighting/water type, in the dark type we can see that Urshifu is in a Kenpo stance, Kenpo is a martial art all about stopping/destroying your opponent with powerful singular blows, since it is about power and destruction it makes sense it is dark type.

    If you evolve into the water type Urshifu you can see that it is a stance of Praying Mantis style Kungfu, that martial art is all about the flow of power and going with it to stop your opponent with fast and efficent strikes, it is about flow which it is why it is water type. It is when we gigantimax them when we reach (in my opinion) the coolest part, if you have the dark type it will gigantamax into a representation of red oni, and the water type gigantimaxs into blue oni, red and blue oni is an idea that is very important both in martial arts and asian culture, they are the representation of the 2 sides of humanity, with red oni being about rage, power, and foolishness (think dante from DMC) and blue oni being disipline, wisdom, and efficency (think Vergil from DMC). This idea of red and blue oni is not just shown in the isle of armor, but also in the main game with Zaican and Zamzeneta.

    Zaican being blue oni has more speed and special attack( it is more effcient than powerful) and Zamzeneta has more attack and defence (it is more powerful than efficent). And personally i think that shows how in real life the idea of red and blue oni don't just exist in Asian philosophy but also in the western world, with the isle representing Asia (on the map the isle is even to the east of the Galar) and Galar representing Britain and the West.

    Anyway those are my thought (I kinda went on a tangent at the end, sorry for that) on what the developers intended to represent and show, feel free to your own ideas in the comments.

    submitted by /u/Drake2557
    [link] [comments]

    it's been 14 long, long years [OC]

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment