• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 30, 2020

    Pokémon (OC) I drew all 151 Kanto Pokémon off of memory, how did I do?

    Pokémon (OC) I drew all 151 Kanto Pokémon off of memory, how did I do?


    (OC) I drew all 151 Kanto Pokémon off of memory, how did I do?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    Can We Talk About this Box Art?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    https://images.nintendolife.com/bc6f86806e6db/sword-shield-dlc.900x.jpg

    This is one of the worst box art I've seen in a while. The original box art was bland, but at least you could say the blandness was part of the "style"

    Now you have the bland top half, mixed with the contrasting bright green and yellow of the bottom part. The red label on the bottom does not help either. Not to mention how the DLC Pokemon aren't facing the same direction as the legendaries above them

    It's a mess xD.

    submitted by /u/mdesaleah1
    [link] [comments]

    The BW & B2W2 parts of the music video made me really sad

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    It was the part of the video where the protagonists of the game were shown. In one part, you can Cheren, the BW MC, and Bianca walking side by side. In a split second, it changes to the grownup Cheren and Bianca watching the B2W2 protagonist running ahead of them. I feel like there was so much packed into that moment.

    The MC has disappeared. Where? We don't know. Maybe Hilbert/Hilda are out there challenging different regions or climbing the world rankings. Perhaps they're dead (which is what some theories suggest considering that Ghetsis has one of the other dragons, which the protagonist of the first game would possess).

    Regardless, Cheren and Bianca continued to walk forever.

    I don't really have words to be honest. I just wanted to share that that moment in the music video had an impact on me.

    Edit: Some typos.

    submitted by /u/MuchKiwi3
    [link] [comments]

    I miss being able to name my rival

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    It has been several generations since we had the opportunity to name our rival and it's been sorely missed. Ever game I'd play my friend and I would be each others in game rivals. We were there to stop each other at every turn. It always felt like I was playing with my friend, even if they weren't around. These days it feels as if the journey isn't personal and I'm kind of tired of the names Pokémon chooses for their characters. Hop? Cheren? Come on Gamefreak.

    submitted by /u/statiky
    [link] [comments]

    BW3 should end with the Legendary dragons fusing into one again.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    Think about it. In the first games, we see N and Hilbert/Hilda making the two dragons fight eachother. The second games introduce the idea of fusing two dragons into one, and it seems clear that N and Hilbert/Hilda are looking for eachother again.

    I think it'd be beautiful to, in a new remake, see the full group of Cheren, Bianca, Hilbert/Hilda, Nate/Rosa, Prof. Juniper, the new Main Character, and N coming together, restoring the legendary Dragon Pokémon, and completing the circle.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Deurbel2222
    [link] [comments]

    All Starters should be in Sword and Shield

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    Because various age groups joined this series at different times, so every Starter is someone's favorite. They are deeply personal pokemon. Each one of them means something to someone and how they began their journey. It's like ash not having Pikachu for a season in the anime. Why would you do that to a person.

    For example I'll share my starter memories. For me growing up I was a few years too young for red and blue. I watched the anime and grew attached to Charmander, however my first Pokemon games were in gen II. I realized by that point that I liked Chikorita. I've gardened since I was a child and she made me happy.

    Soon after that, Gen III came around and I fell for Treeko. There was something about his coolness. He was like a grass type charmander in my mind, which for me made him the best. He was like two world's in one for me.

    After that point I can't say I was really attached to any starters until...

    Fennekin! I don't know what it is about it, but it is by far one of the coolest Pokemon lines for me. Something about her Evolution Braixen really connected well for me. I've always loved witchy things and her sassy demeaner was incredibly charming.

    Then Rowlett came around and reminded me of my love for my hobby of archery. I actually started doing it again because of that line of Pokemon.

    Anyway these are just some reasons why certain starters have really stuck with me. I'm sure all of you have many of your own, not that any are wrong.

    All Starters should be in the games for this reason. It's the first pokemon we choose in a game and none of them should be left out. Not that any pokemon should be left out, but if any have to leave, then starters are the ones that should be treated sacredly and should absolutely not be left behind.

    submitted by /u/VaporeonGold
    [link] [comments]

    They've actually done it. Officially any pokemon can be raised to be perfectly competitive. There's just one very small problem.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Let's say you finish a pokemon game and want to use your starter in competitive. Most likely your pokemon won't be perfect, and that's ok, but the problem is that it would NEVER be perfect.

    You could change its Ev distribution; but the IVs, Nature, and the ability would stay the same. So if you got a really cool shiny pokemon but it didn't have the correct nature then you were fucked, even it everything else was good. Either use it with a disadvantage or get another one.

    Eventually, they added stuff to change these statistics. First, the ability capsule, allowed to change between abilities, but not hidden abilities.

    Then Ivs could be changed with Hyper training. Not so long ago they allowed us to change nature and finally the Gmax Factor.

    It's a long tedious process to change every single stat but that's ok, that's how it should be. It should be hard but not impossible. And chances are that you won't have to change every single stat, but if you are very attached to a particular pokemon there's the option to do it if you so want and I really like that

    And with the announcement of the crown tundra release date, they let us know that there's an item that changes from regular ability to hidden ability. This changes everything.

    My Blaziken can finally be competitive! I'd just have to give him a gold bottle cap, change nature from lonely to adamant and use the new item to give him speed boost.

    Or at least.... that's what I would do if BLAZIKEN WAS IN THE GAME COME ON GAMEFREAK PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU, JUST GIVE US THE STARTERS PLEASE PLEASE. YOU ALREADY GAVE US GEN 7 STARTERS GIVE THE OTHER GENS

    YOU DON'T HAVE TO GIVE A GMAX OR DO SOMETHING SPECIAL JUST LET US HAVE THEM.

    Edit: I've just been informed about something regarding leaks. That's all I'll say.

    submitted by /u/JorgeMtzb
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular legendary opinion

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Legendary pokemon should stay gen exclusive. I despise the fact that every legendary pokemon is going to return in crown tundra. Each legendary pokemon has it's own lore and it's better off leaving it in that gen. The best example is gen 4. The three lake guardians Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf have pretty much become the random legendary pokemon you don't want, instead of some mystical creatures that you went out to search for. Or Giratina, who was pretty much the scariest part of gen 4, existing in a world with a bunch of messed up things. I feel like legendary pokemon have just become end game filler instead of the "legendary" creatures that they are.

    submitted by /u/Error1005
    [link] [comments]

    Myself as a Bug Gym Leader

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    The recent Music Video made me re-realize that I would choose to live in a Pokemon world any day. I cried ngl... remembering my childhood and all.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    I just loved the recent Music Video. It was so gorgeous... I cried ngl, remember my childhood and all... (Ignore this) Pokemon, Gotta Catch em All. Pokemon! Pokemon! Gotta Catch em All. Hope y'all are doing fine and being safe. I love all of you. Thanks for making my life less shitty...

    submitted by /u/_ALL_FOR_ONE_
    [link] [comments]

    Theory about Zygarde and Meltan

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    I was thinking about how odd Zygarde's inclusion in the Alola games is, and how there's a theory that because there was no second Kalos game, Zygarde got dumped into Gen 7 to use the art assets or just to try to get the forms available. That got me thinking about how weird Meltan and Melmetal are in Let's Go, the only new Pokémon in a game that only allows the original 151 and Alolan forms, could Meltan and Melmetal have original been in place of Zygarde in Alola? The idea of getting all the Meltan across Alola to make Melmetal makes the same amount of sense as Zygarde cells. Idk, it was just a weird similarity between two mythic Pokémon that don't have a lot of backstory.

    submitted by /u/thok598
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with a project.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Hello, I have a project to do for college where I need people to take a questionnaire that I created about Pokémon, if you could take 5 minutes to take it I would really appreciate it.

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduwda4nvogGqChm8T3-2aV_n7QloZYSbNlVveTer-x4a9MVg/viewform?usp=sf_link

    There's the link to the questionnaire, and thank you. If you can share it that would also be even better.

    submitted by /u/Metrovhd
    [link] [comments]

    Which legendary are you looking forward to the most in the CT

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Hey, so there are a lot of new legendaries in the Crown Tundra, and in my opinion, some are a lot cooler than others. I wanted to hear the subs opinion on which legendary we were all looking forward to the most. Also I need to get to the 50 word limit so heres an extra sentence.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/LifeIsMeaningless143
    [link] [comments]

    I like how, in the anime, while the mega bracelet and z-ring were these intimidating and powerful-looking hardened accessories, the dynamax band is just like a cloth wristband.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    Given it's massive power, it's just very funny how flimsy it looks. I'm loving the new anime season so far. I just thought this was a little silly lol.

    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/pokemon/images/4/45/Dynamax_Band_anime.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20200223114406

    submitted by /u/ponodude
    [link] [comments]

    Gotcha! Pokémon music video

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    I've been a fan of Pokémon for over 20 years now, and that music video made me feel more excitement for the series than anything else has in a long time.

    One thing I've always longed for from the series was a bit more cohesion in the Pokémon world. Gold and Silver following up Red and Blue - or the respective remakes, if you prefer - gave some cool insight into the development of the Pokémon world over time, along with it's characters. Black 2 and White 2 also achieved this, perhaps even more effectively.

    Masters has filled a bit of a void here for me too, surprisingly enough. For a free-to-play mobile game, they've crammed in some cool character interactions and moments, and everything just looks pretty great.

    Chalk it all up to fan service and nostalgia if you will, but the music video just nailed the feeling I've always yearned for as a fan of the series. So many subtle nods to the characters of the world (I say "subtle", but it's such a fast-paced video, perhaps "quick" is more accurate a term). There's screens of each Gym Leader/Trial Captain representing certain types interacting with one another. A fun clip of all the regional Professors, with Rowan and Magnolia looking stern in the background and Kukui playfully jostling Elm. Do these characters know each other in the games? I like to think so.

    Gold facing off against Red atop Mt. Silver, Cheren and Bianca growing up, staying friends with the Unova region's respective hero... gah. So many incredible little moments. It's too much. And also, not nearly enough.

    For me, growing up, the Pokémon main-series games were all I really played. As much as connecting with others has been a goal of the games, in my case, I didn't have a lot of friends, and certainly none who played Pokémon. It was about immersing myself in the game's world, being the best. So watching this music video resonated with me, gave me such a sense of familiarity. "I've played all of these stories, inside-out!"

    This felt like the opening segment of the anime series I've always wanted, but will never get. And honestly that's okay. I'll just watch the music video a couple thousand more times.

    submitted by /u/FiascoFinn
    [link] [comments]

    What song(s) from the Pokémon games slaps harder than all the rest?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    Probably been asked before, but I'm curious. I personally really love the calm, soothing song of undella town and village bridge (especially when you ask the old man to sing for you), but nothing gets me pumped up like the battle music for the swords of justice. Gen 5 in general just really hits different, but the creepy vibe that lavender town managed to create with just that 8bit sound was pretty impressive too.

    submitted by /u/Volvalation
    [link] [comments]

    What are your favorite parts of Sword and Sheild, and what can Gen 9 do better?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    I feel like many people are negative by default towards SWSH, so I thought we should do something different.

    I get it, SWSH are disappointing, but I feel like with all of the rage that the good parts get overlooked.

    Personally, I think it has the best Character/Region design in the whole series. BW is a close second, but Marnie exists soooooooo....

    What I want to see from coming games is updated textures. The problem is the models look good but the environments they are in look straight out of a 3Ds game. If the ground textures were updated this game would be amazing.

    Your turn!

    submitted by /u/pikachoo657
    [link] [comments]

    A Pokemon related Questionnaire that me and a friend made as part of a college course. I'd really appreciate it if you answered it.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    update: you dont have to pay with coins to transfer from go to home. but theres a cooldown between each transfer, but coins can be used to reduce the cooldown timer

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    The Pokémon Company have put out an updated clarified note in the article that revealed a Poké Coin cost for transferring from Pokémon GO to Pokémon HOME.
    Now, the article states that there will be a cooldown period after transferring Pokémon beforeyou can transfer again. This can be shortened with PokéCoins. Currently this doesn't preclude the idea of it costing but provides more insight from the same question that was asked yesterday. We'll provide full details on the transfer method when they come so be sure to keep checking back- serebii

    submitted by /u/paulydoregon
    [link] [comments]

    What are your hopes for a Platinum remake?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    Game Freak really let us down with Sword and Shield, so what do you hope they add/improve in the eventual Platinum remake? I hope that:

    • The route to Mt. Coronet and the mountain itself would be turned into a version of the Wild Area. Seriously, how cool would that be?
    • Mega evolution will brought back with new megas, and Cynthia will have either a Mega Garchomp/Lucario
    • The difficulty of the game will not be lessened, and maybe made even harder. At least have the later gym leaders and elite 4 with full teams, instead of having 4-5 Pokémon.
    • Improved Graphics. No Ocarina of Time trees and bad render distances.
    • A new shiny hunting method
    • More fire types. (This one is self-explanatory)
    • Follow Pokemon will remain. And that their running/flying/walking speed will be fixed. DistantKingdom could fix their running speeds, why couldn't GF?
    • And for the love of God, Keep the Battle frontier! No ORAS BS where you hoped for an awesome challenge at the end, only to be met with disappointment.

    But all of the above will probably never happen. Why put time and effort into a main series game, if people will buy it no matter how crappy it is? :')

    submitted by /u/peppermint_green
    [link] [comments]

    Updated an old Eeveelution I made

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    Behold my terrible attempt at katakana

    Ruffeon

    ブローニー burounii

    Working on the others, basically remaking these ones Ive done before. Though a few of em have been changed a lot since then, namely dragon, bug and steel. I'll show those eventually.

    submitted by /u/BaffleTome
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon and Nostalgia, My Favorite Combination in the World - a "GOTCHA!" retrospective

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I guess you could say that the Pokemon "GOTCHA!" music video really stirred something in my heart yesterday lol I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. This might get kinda long, I'm sorta just typing out thoughts here, but yeah.

    Pokemon is one of my favorite franchises ever. I'm a Nintendo and rpg buff, I'd take Pokemon and Fire Emblem over the world, any day, and Pokemon Diamond is literally what kickstarted my intense love for video games. Sinnoh remakes would be a dream come true (despite my grievances for what Game Freak might do, but that's a post for another day.)

    Since then, I've played games from every single generation, grown attached to every single one of these characters, and replayed through campaigns as many times as I could. I love competitive battling too, but there's something beautiful about beating a game with literally whatever team of little pocket monster friends you want. I've always been enchanted with the freedom that Pokemon grants its players-- both mechanically and story-wise. Sure, lots of franchises involve young children starting out on adventures and journeying into the wild, but Pokemon was my gateway.

    I was 8 years old when I first beat Pokemon Diamond. I was even younger than Dawn (and Lucas), the 10 year old protagonist. An 8 year old somehow saved the world from complete destruction. An 8 year old somehow managed to scrape her way past Cynthia. It's empowering stuff-- it makes you feel like you can do just about anything. And it was that feeling of freedom and the ability to accomplish whatever I put my mind to that made me keep coming back to Pokemon, that made me want to play every single Pokemon game ever.

    And there's something completely magical about seeing all the protagonists so alive and full of life in the "GOTCHA!" music video.

    The Pokemon games, especially the earlier ones, leave a lot up to the player's imagination. The sprites were minimal, there weren't many discernable facial expressions, and while the battles did have nice animations, they weren't as dynamic as, say, what the Pokemon company was animating in the main anime. (And while I love Ash and Friends, I love them for different reasons. They're still not the same group of kids I grew up playing as.)

    But seeing all of the protagonists in the music video, vibrant and emotional - Barry and Lucas facing off against Rosa and Hugh; the BW1 to BW2 transition with Cheren, Bianca, and the player characters; the SuMo protagonists laughing with their friends; the epic standoffs with N and the BW1 characters, Wally and the RSE protags, Silver and the HGSS protag, etc. - just made my heart want to burst.

    The battles between Red and Gold, Leon and the SwSh protags, Blue's Pokemon popping out as he looked menacing at the player character, every single intro of the champions - even though these were just snippets, they proved that Pokemon battles and my favorite characters looked just as epic as my mind had filled in the spaces and imagined them.

    Man, what I would do for a Pokemon anime that followed the events of the games.

    Anyway lol moving on:

    Now, I love Bump of Chicken-- they've been making amazing JRock songs for decades now (one of my favorite of theirs is "Karma," from Tales of the Abyss), and they really it it out of the park with "Acacia" for this music video. There are these lyrics in the chorus, "We're still a long way from where we want to go, but I could stay here for the rest of my life. Next to you, here by your side, my soul cries out that this is where I belong."

    I read those lyrics and wanted to cry. Because that's just it, that's my relationship with Pokemon perfectly encapsulated. I started the series when I was 8. I'm 20 years old now, and I know I haven't been around for as long as some other fans, but this series has held my heart since that first day I chose that Piplup at Lake Verity. I'm not a kid anymore, but Pokemon games have always managed to bring me that same sense of childlike, unadulterated joy that I felt as a kid.

    This has been going on for while lol I sort of just threw my thoughts into this post without structure, but it is what it is. If you've made it to the end here, thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear about your own personal Pokemon experiences in the replies as well!

    I'll just end with this, then:

    Nostalgia is a strange thing. You get all watery-eyed and feel you've gotten punched in the gut when you realize how much time has passed. But then again, it also feels like finally being welcomed home. It's freedom and old friends and maybe even your favorite team of 6. It's probably my favorite feeling in the world.

    submitted by /u/pyreflyte
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment