• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 20, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 20 December 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 20 December 2020


    [Hype Thread] 20 December 2020

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. `(Minus Ribbon and Star)
      • Star Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection with Ribbon and Star sweets.
    • Gigantamax Factor: Post an album of your collection of all 31 G-Max mon (excluding form variations). Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!
    • Armorite: Post a screenshot of you in the Masterly Mustard Tee after winning every type of Restricted Sparring on the Isle of Armor.
    • Dynite: Post an album of your collection of all 47 Dynamax Adventure bosses. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they were caught in Galar!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    I am so tired of seeing Pokemon GO results everytime I search on a Pokemon to learn about it’s moves, stats, etc.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:10 AM PST

    I used to play Pokemon GO back when it launched in 2016, and thought it was pretty good back then, but it honestly got old for me after a while. I've been playing Pokemon since 2005 and have never had problems with looking up Pokemons stats and movesets on Google. I recently got back into Pokemon again and now Pokemon GO results are always the first to pop up and I miss the times where the ACTUAL main game results were the ones that popped up. Is there anything I can do to make my searches easier? Or an extension to completely omit all GO results?

    submitted by /u/DjuncleMC
    [link] [comments]

    I think Greek would be pretty cool for a Pokemon region

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:02 AM PST

    There's so much to do with the many monsters and Greek gods, the amazing architecture with those old ancient temples and buildings, the stories of the many myths... lots of ideas and things to come up with!

    Things I think would make for some cool Pokemon:

    • Hydra (Giant serpent that can regrow it's heads.)
    • Chimera (a lion/goat/snake hybrid)
    • Minotaur (Half man half bull guy)
    • Medusa herself (the next waifu pokemon just like Gardevoir)
    • Cerberus (Giant dog with 3 heads)
    • Cyclops (Bonus points if it's mixed with an elephant cause their skulls were mistaken for cyclops)
    • Griffin (Giant bird/lion thing.)
    • Hippocampus (A horse with the body of a fish)
    • Ouroboros (snake eating its own tail)
    • Pegasus (Flying horse, maybe as a regional Rapidash?)
    • The 12 Zodiac signs as well Ophiuchus, the 13th (Those would be legendary Pokemon)
    • Also a dolphin cause we want one (How it's not a Pokemon baffles us)

    And I think there would be 12 gym leaders based on the 12 main gods of Mt. Olympus.

    • Champion would be based on Zeus himself.

    So, what do you think. Any questions.

    submitted by /u/Mamboo07
    [link] [comments]

    Pokethought: There must be no OSHA in the Pokeworld, or they have absolutely no authority over Gyms and Trainers

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:53 PM PST

    Because some - no, a LOT of these Gyms/Leagues have zero concept of safety and wellbeing, especially for Challengers. Like I'm pretty sure many of these gyms must keep a supply of body bags on hand for all the slips, trips, falls and "accidents" that result in another causality report on the evening news.

    Not to mention some of the BOTTOMLESS PITS seemingly employed in these Gyms/Leagues. Among other hazards.

    The number of times I've wondered if the Gym itself is straight up trying to murder the Trainer is a little too high. Hell, the Mistalon Gym launches you into a goddamn STEEL WALL. WHO DESIGNED THAT?!

    (Also, I'm pretty sure more than a few of these Gyms are definitely bigger on the inside than they are on the outside...)

    submitted by /u/ParagonFury
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your unconventional favorite Pokémon?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:27 AM PST

    Everyone loves a good legendary, everyone loves Pikachu, Eevee, etc. and rightfully so because they're great! But I think it's super endearing when people love a Pokémon that isn't one of the traditional favorites. Personally, I'm obsessed with Cottonee because come on... little cotton ball with leaf wings!

    I graduated college today and want to keep the good vibes going. What's your unconventional favorite and why? :)

    submitted by /u/chickennuggetsings
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of fake signature moves for Pokémon, day 60: Starmie

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 03:23 AM PST

    I am coming up with at least 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or an evolutionary line of Pokémon. I am going in Pokédex order, and I will skip every Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. Signature Z-moves or G-Max moves don't count.

    The move for Starmie is called Psynami.

    Psynami is a Water-Type Special move with a base power of 110. It has 70% accuracy and 5 PP. It hits both opponents in a Double battle and it deals both Water- and Psychic-Type damage (similar to Flying Press).

    So... Neither Starmie or real starfish have anything to do with tsunami's, of course. However the moon seems to have a great impact on waves in the sea (or at least if we have to believe the media, I'm not sure if that is the case irl), and since Starmie comes from outer space, I guess that is a somewhat interesting connection. This is also the reason for the Psychic-Type damage, because the Psychic-Type is very frequently also given to Pokémon/moves that have to do with space, like Beheeyem or Deoxys, or Cosmic Power or Lunar Dance for example. Plus, Starmie has Psychic power regardless of if it is from space or not, so embedding that in this move like this works well, I think. Also, you might recognize that the base power, accuracy and ability to hit both opponents is the exact same as Blizzard. That is true, I know, but Blizzard can be made 100% accurate during hail, whereas Psynami cannot be made 100% accurate at all (except with Skill Swapping No Guard or something), but in turn it has both Water- and Psychic-Type damage. Dark-Type Pokémon will just get hit by the Water-Type damage, but Pokémon with Storm Drain and Water Absorb will be able to absorb this move at all times.

    I've had a few suggestions for Starmie's move, but I just went with my own idea for it, simply because I don't have another move that has to do with tsunami's, and I wanted to take this opportunity. The other suggestions were good though. I have mentioned somewhere in the comments in my last post that I am thinking about doing bonus moves. That would essentially mean that I would occasionally include an extra move for a Pokémon I have already covered or a Pokémon that already has a signature move just for fun, since there are more Pokémon with multiple signature moves like Zygarde or Pikachu and Eevee. I would love to hear if you want me to do the bonus moves or not, and if you have suggestions for some, feel free to tell me!

    I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas, and if you have any ideas for signature moves for Pokémon, I'd love to hear them, I might use the ideas (with your consent of course)! Even though this is a daily thing, or at least, I'll try to keep it daily, I don't think I'll be consistent with the time of day I post another idea.

    submitted by /u/Noodnood966
    [link] [comments]

    A weird dream about my regi's.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:34 PM PST

    So the other day, I had some allergies, took a Benadryl or two, and proceeded to sleep for a few hours. While I was knocked out, I had this bizarre, yet strange dream about my regi's:

    *Regidrago wants to become a princess, but Regice says he can't be one because he's a failure. So, he later learns how to use 'Dragon Energy' but from the other end.

    *Regieleki falls down, and the other regis laugh at him; but he then removes the wires around his body, revealing his true, incontained, self and says in a deep-ass voice: "Who the fuck are ya'll laughing at?"

    *Registeel and Regirock rob a bank, but later Regigigas finds out, and beats them with a (from what I can remember) belt.

    *Regice hooks up with a Mew, and they get married (Regice is the bride, Mew is the groom.)

    submitted by /u/JuicyGravitas
    [link] [comments]

    How old do you think Sword and Shield's protagonists are?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:43 AM PST

    During the main story, Hop says:

    As a kid, he promised me he'd become Champion one day, and he went and did just that!

    Leon's league card says:

    Leon is known far and wide for taking part in the Gym Challenge at the tender age of 10 years old—and even more so for claiming victory in the Champion Cup on his first attempt.

    This implies Hop is less than 10 years younger than Leon.

    So how old are Victor and Gloria?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/JoJosapiens
    [link] [comments]

    Lost all my pokemon since soul silver... is there any hope?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:05 AM PST

    So yesterday I tried to transfer all my data to a new switch. Now, I was sooo focused on not loosing my island on animal crossing that I guess I followed the instructions wrong .. I logged into my nintendo account on the new switch and then I noticed it was gone on the old one... once I tried to log on the old one again it didn't matter, all my data was gone. Anyone know if there's anything else I can do ? Is there any hope for me to get years of pokemon and shiny back? I was so attached to some of these pokemon :(..

    (The only good thing that came out of this is that I did not loose my 400+ hour island in animal crossing lol..)

    submitted by /u/Sakurawings
    [link] [comments]

    Looking back at Gen 8

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 03:34 PM PST

    I played Sword, and there is just one thing that makes me sad above all else. Forget about the lack of animations for moves like Double Kick, Tail Slap, and more, forget about the bike, forget about the (nearly nonexistent) story, the thing that angers me is Dexit. Zangoose, Seviper, the Arbok line, the Beedrill line, Mareep and Ampharos, Pidgeot, Yanmega, the Sinnoh fossils, the Gen 2, 4, 5, 6 starters, those Pokémon could be peoples favorites, and i am stunned that on a console that can run masterpieces such as Xenoblade Chronicles 2, The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, all 903 Pokémon cannot be rendered, even though Gamefreak only uses recycled models for all old Pokémon. I feel sad for those who picked up an older Pokémon game such as Platinum, Emerald, and Crystal and loved it, but now cannot use their favorites because Gamefreak did not bother to use the power the Switch had. It is terrible that Gamefreak does not try to put their hart and soul in the games nowadays.

    submitted by /u/Heavens-_door1234
    [link] [comments]

    Heart Gold Bug Run

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:54 AM PST

    Just beat the Johto Elite Four with an all bug team! Only took me about 25 hours.. the grind was pretty horrible😅

    Got brick walled a few times, mostly by the Fighting Gym and the Dragon Gym, took me a few tries to beat Lance too but I got there in the end!

    This is my team, any suggestions for Kanto? They're all Level 60 btw

    Venomoth, Pinsir, Heracross, Forretress, Parasect, Yanmega

    submitted by /u/JustaUKBarman
    [link] [comments]

    The leveling system in Johto

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:09 PM PST

    What exactly do you think is the problem with Johto's leveling system? If you don't know what I mean I'll give you an example. In soulsilver Falkners highest level pokemon is a level 13 Pidgeotto and bugsy's highest level pokemon is level 17. Put between those two gyms the highest level pokemon you face is a level 15 magikarp. That means you're stucking grinding against trainers to get your team caught up. So what do you think is the problem?

    submitted by /u/xMrEPersonx
    [link] [comments]

    If Gen 5 Sold Well And Wasn't Criticized At The Time Of Its Release

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 06:58 AM PST

    As the title says what if Gen 5 was received well at the time of its release would Game Freak continue on the cycle they were headed? How would pokemon be today? Would we have had the situation of the dex crisis? Now that people are wanting more games like Gen 5 it seems like we didn't know what we had till it's disappeared and gone away.

    submitted by /u/Active_Trash_3523
    [link] [comments]

    NA Zarude Poll

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 06:23 AM PST

    Like many others I didn't get my Zarude code from the newsletter and was thinking I'd start a poll to see who else got left out.

    I'm very curious to see who did get the code and who didn't out of the options below. Let's discuss

    So peeps who signed up for the trainer club let me know below

    EDIT: the two options for did get Zarude didn't survive i guess lol please comment "prior" or "during" if you got your Zarude code

    So far everything I've seen has lead me to believe that only people who newly signed up for the trainer club got a code and that's why I started this poll

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Sheepona
    [link] [comments]

    My autistic 8yo accidentally traded Shield doggo, can I get it back for her?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:50 AM PST

    I don't know how/why she did it, but she's traded her favorite pokemon. Is it possible for me to get it back for her? I don't know much about Switch or Pokemon but figured if anyone can help us, it's you all.

    Not really sure what else to say? Post needs to be so many words. . . Thanks in advance if anyone can help us girls.

    submitted by /u/scallywagg32
    [link] [comments]

    List of Pokémon Spin-off Game concepts I came up with.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:31 AM PST

    I just wanted to get these ideas off my chest. I'll probably make an updated version later if I get more ideas. These concepts are ones I came up with when I was bored, so they aren't going to be fully fleshed out.

    We start of with...

    Pokémon Squadrons - A more RPG style take on the Pokémon Go teams: Valor, Mystic, and Instinct in which the player character is sent on a mission to the Seafoam Islands to catch their representing legendary bird, eventually meeting up with members off other teams, battling them until towards the end of the game where you learn of the true enemy, Team Rocket.

    Pokémon Academy - A pokémon story inspired by Harry Potter (possibly set in Galar). I didn't think of a lot for this. Maybe have Professor Magnolia host the school or camp or whatever this is, since we barely saw any of her in Sw/Sh. Maybe set before Sw/Sh?

    Pokémon Grand Tour - An idea I came up with in which the player character travels around each region and goes on quests and completes specific missions to collect data for every pokémon to further the national pokédex.

    Pokémon: The Great War - A game that finally explores the war mentioned by Lt. Surge.

    Pokémon: The Greatest Smith - A game set in the past in which you work with a pokémon scientist while he works on his greatest invention ever - the first pokéball, The GS Ball.

    Pokémon Kingdoms - A game that takes place in a historical kingdom. I'm think Unova or Galar, but Galar would probably fit better into Gen 8.

    Not an original idea, but how about Switch remasters of games like Stadium or Colloseum.

    submitted by /u/AndrewTheMandrew13
    [link] [comments]

    Female Blaziken nicknames?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:26 AM PST

    Hello, I'm trying to come up with a cool nickname for my starter's partner in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, which happens to be a female Torchic. A couple of ideas I have right now are Lyranth (the name of a female Dremora from The Elder Scrolls: Online) and Izalith (the Witch of Izalith/Lost Izalith from Dark Souls 1). I'd like to hear some nickname suggestions from the community that are not food references.

    submitted by /u/Arcaneus_Umbra
    [link] [comments]

    Galarian Shedinja?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:07 AM PST

    How good/bad/broken/useless would this be? An alternate form of Shedinja with an ability that prevents all Pokemon from using attacking moves?

    So, basically, it can't be harmed with struggle, but it can be OHKO'd by anything using Toxic or setting up weather.

    Pretty much invincible under certain circumstances, but in practice it would probably just end up being used for a free turn of set-up.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Beefheart93
    [link] [comments]

    An amazing video you HAVE to watch !

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 04:24 PM PST

    "Jaiden Animations" on YT just published an animation video of 22 minutes where she describes her adventure nuzlocking Pokemon Platinum. Her animation skills are pretty insane and it evokes the reasons why nuzlocking is neat in terms of personal rewards. I think it's probably the best Pokemon video i saw this year so I recommend you guys to check it !

    submitted by /u/Drakkoxx
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good order to play through the pokemon main series games?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:10 AM PST

    1.Yellow

    1. Crystal

    2. Emerald

    3. Leafgreen

    4. Platinum

    5. Heartgold

    6. White

    7. White 2

    8. X

    9. Alpha Saphire

    10. Ultra Moon

    11. Sword

    Trying to fill the Dex in each game with their respective generations, just checking I have not left anybody out. Really looking forward to go through these.

    submitted by /u/One-Presentation-260
    [link] [comments]

    What will i pick?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:25 AM PST

    I have been recently thinking what starter should i pick in gen 3. I am thinking about choosing either Mudkip or Treecko. Mudkip is the best starter of all time but Treecko is one of my favourite pokemon. I had no idea who to choose so i thought that reddit would know who to pick.

    submitted by /u/CaptainFox95
    [link] [comments]

    Odds of them sending out a new Zarude code in US?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:48 AM PST

    I'm one of the unlucky people who missed out on the Zarude code despite being signed up (apparently if you didn't make a new account it just didn't work?). I even got the email before for the funko-pop, just no Zarude code.

    I've never had this happen before but apparently some people claim this is normal for them, is there any chance that they send out a second batch of codes due to the errors? Better yet, is there a chance the email just hasn't gotten sent for some people yet?

    submitted by /u/Chary_
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an option for competitive play that excludes legendary/mythical pokémon?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:48 AM PST

    So I'm completely new to competitive play and figured I should finally give it a go. I learnt what I could about IVs and EV training, got my team to a point I was happy with and dived headfirst into it. Is it me, or does literally everyone you're paired with have a team consisting of legendaries, Regis, legendary birds, mythicals etc etc. I'm getting nowhere!

    Is there a way of only playing against people who aren't competing with these pokémon? I dunno, it just feels kinda joyless when you're being paired, time after time, with yet ANOTHER team of Lunala, Zacian, Landorus, Suicune, Mew and Eternatus...

    I'm sure plenty will be thinking "just shut the F up and either like it or lump it" but I'm just really struggling to find the enjoyment in this when the odds are always stacked against my team of pretty standard pokémon that I just like.

    Is there some kind of live competition or group available for us average Joes who just wanna find some enjoyment from battling other people who also don't want to rely on already super powered legendaries?

    submitted by /u/albuggs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment