• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 02 January 2021

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 02 January 2021


    [RAGE THREAD] 02 January 2021

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:00 AM PST

    IT'S TIME TO RAGE!!!!!!!!


    RULES:

    • PRESS THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD

    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU ANGRY

    • OTHER PEOPLE WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS

    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER ABOUT THINGS WE HATE WILL FORM A STRONG BOND AMONG MEMBERS OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY

    • ???

    • PROFIT

    YOU CAN RAGE AT ANYTHING POKEMON RELATED!!!

    LET'S RAGE!!!


    THIS THREAD IS PART OF /R/POKEMON'S REGULAR STICKY ROTATION. TO SEE OUR ROTATION SCHEDULE AND ALL PAST STICKY ROTATION THREADS, GO HERE!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    It's taken me the best part of 4 years. A full living pokedex - every form, every variation - all trained to level 100!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:29 AM PST

    I wanna be the very best, like no-one ever was. To catch them was my real test, but to train them was my cause.

    I passed the test, with every pokemon (including variations) now in my possession, and as for my cause I've trained each and every one to level 100.

    Proof here - it's one long youtube video showing them all in boxes, the complete view in Home and then sorting by level to show they're all level 100. If you want a better quality video, or any specific pokemon/boxes, or even just to check I've not missed anything, please let me know and I'll sort it. I can also do screenshots if that'd be preferable. The pokemon aren't going anywhere!

    Pretty much all these pokemon have been caught/trained/bred by me, including mythicals - Mythical pokemon I've missed or just not had the inclination to get (Meltan & Melmetal) I've got with proof of authenticity on /r/Pokemonexchange . I played through Alpha Sapphire four times in rapid succession just to get enough Deoxys!

    This first started this with Sun/Moon - when trying to complete my pokedex I thought I'd stick a few useful pokemon in Poke Pelago to level up. Isle Evelup can hold up to 18 pokemon at once, so of couse I stuck 18 pokemon in there. When some had reached level 100 I swapped them out with others I'd caught who weren't, and I just never stopped doing that.

    I believe I've got every form, variation etc - I've got every pokemon from Bulbapedia's list of gender differences, I've got all forms of pokemon like Rotom/Deerling/Alcremie/Vivillon, I have all sizes of Pumpkaboo and Authentic/Counterfeit Sinistea. It's possible I've missed some (I very nearly missed both Hoopa because up until recently it's Unbound form would revert in Pokemon Bank) If people are interested I can draw up a full list of what I've got to make sure I've not missed anything.

    I do not have all Spinda, all Shiny pokemon or all Gigantamax forms. I feel like I've done enough, though, and if someone catches me every single spinda form I'll train them for you!

    I've got a couple of older reddit posts from this at various stages - completed the SM Level 100 Living Dex and completed the Pre-SwSh non-form living dex that serve as "work in progress" videos as well.

    So yeah - ask me anything you want, but I thought it was worth sharing!

    submitted by /u/Freddichio
    [link] [comments]

    Let’s all take a moment to appreciate Shedinja

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:01 PM PST

    Shedinja, the Pokémon with one HP and gets killed in only one hit can learn moves such as, Harden, Final gambit, Flail, Rest, Sandstorm, Substitute, and Endure. (In gen 8) Each of those are useless on Shedinja and three of them just kill itself. This is why Shedinja is my favorite Pokémon.

    Edit- Endure is not useless I was just incorrect on how it worked

    submitted by /u/JamesonKrenzer
    [link] [comments]

    The Ultimate Pokemon Anime & Movies Watch Order

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:28 AM PST

    Here is the complete Pokemon anime series, anime movies and all the animated specials watch order. It has it all.

    https://fictionhorizon.com/pokemon-anime-and-movies-the-complete-watching-order/

    This was a work of 5 big Pokemon fans and it took a very long time to build.

    It has about 50,000 words!

    So if you are looking for Pokemon franchise watch order, look no further 😉

    Hope you guys like it, it really took a lot of work.

    submitted by /u/Pogrebnik
    [link] [comments]

    What does it feel like to touch a Makuhita?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:38 AM PST

    With most pokemon, this question is easy, because they're similar to real animals. Pikachu has fur, because it's a mouse. Treecko has scales, because it's a lizard. Simple stuff. But...Makuhita doesn't fit anywhere. It doesn't really look like any animal.

    There's no indication of it having fur. Its suface is too smooth. But maybe it's just really short fur? Perhaps it has scales? Or....just skin? Like, similar to human skin?

    And what about that "knot" on its head? What about that flesh ball? Is it squishy? Is it hard? And the things next to it look like ears. Maybe they are ears? Maybe the flesh ball is its brain, connected to the ears?

    I want to stroke a Makuhita's flesh ball, just to see what it's all about.

    submitted by /u/Decomposing_Scouts
    [link] [comments]

    I hope to god that the next Pokemon games do not have Dynamaxing.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:41 AM PST

    Dynamax raids and dynamax adventures do not focus on the skillset of a player. It's most based on luck, especially when you play offline and when you play online you cant guarantee that your team mates are any good.

    Since there are NO communications options online what so ever that you can guide people to do the right thing, you will just have to be lucky...

    Lucky that your team mates use the right moves, chooses the right pokemon, chooses the right path to go and the right pokemon dynamaxes.

    So please please pleeeeease GF, scrap this sh*t and give us back Mega Evolutions in the next games. OR rework this whole dynamaxing method from the ground up to be ONLY skillbased! Can't see that happening though.

    submitted by /u/Obliviation92
    [link] [comments]

    What the pokemon company really needs to make for the switch.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:13 AM PST

    I've often seen folks saying that dynamax should go, megas should come back, and there's probably at least one person out there who liked Z moves.

    What I think we should get is Pokemon battle frontier! A stand alone switch game that has many facilities like the battle frontiers of old, allows people to use all pokemon from pokemon home, including those not included in sword and shield.

    Also, it could have the Galar stadium using an energy spot transplanted from Galar to this island, or perhaps even the champion of the Galar region Gloria and/or Victor, owners of both Calyrex and Eternatus residing there allowing dynamax. With pokemon daycare or garden out back allowing for the capture of Galarian pokemon, or pokemon evolved there evolving into their Galarian forms.

    Then the newly built Alolan Stadium with the champions Selene and Elios each using two Tapu pokemon who allow the use of Z moves with in the Stadium. With pokemon daycare or garden out back allowing for the capture of Alolan pokemon, or pokemon evolved there evolving into their Alolan forms.

    As for mega evolutions, the player could just be given a mega ring and allowed to use mega evolution in any facility that allows it. Perhaps the Galar stadium doesn't allow it.

    This could also allow triple and rotation battles back in all formats, or it could be limited to a Unovan section.

    This island could also be host to massive online official competitions, and could even have a special area for in life VGC competitions in the future. The VS recorder could come back.

    There could also be an additional area or perhaps a neighbouring island which is all about pokemon competitions.

    There could also be a ton of mini-games that you could preform with your pokemon from pokemon home, like super training or games for items.

    Each generation could update the island to include new facilities, or each new gen could make a new island with old and new facilities.

    I personally think this would be the best direction for pokemon. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Bardock_RD
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite Pokémon is Dhelmise

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:44 AM PST

    It is a giant anchor with a cool shiny and it deserves love, it has a cool design and should be ranked Pokémon of the century because Aggron, my second favorite was not. Steelworker is dope, it gets growth and synthesis, and it's the only grass type that is even mildly similar to actual grass, great Pokémon, screw Gengar.

    That is all. c:

    submitted by /u/ThisistheJ17wasTaken
    [link] [comments]

    If you were a pokemon champion/elite four member, what would your team be?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:39 AM PST

    I've always wondered this, please leave your teams in the comments and I'll have mine right here.

    CHAMPION

    -Volcarona

    -Altaria

    -Glaceon

    -Clefable

    -Snorlax

    -Abomasnow

    As you see here I have two ice types which would make me a little bit easier. Seeing how the games themselves got easier, however, I thought that I should just add to the trend.

    ELITE FOUR MEMBER
    Dark type

    -Umbreon

    -Sharkpedo (Ace)

    -Houndoom

    -Krookadile

    -Spiritomb

    I decided the be a dark type elite four member because dark types are just so cool. I would be the 3rd elite four member and my room would be pitch black except for a spotlight shining down on the battle field.

    I can't wait to see your guys teams!

    submitted by /u/Zacthebunny
    [link] [comments]

    After 20 years, I just realized that Ash's surname "Ketchum" is a pun of "Catch 'Em"

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:58 AM PST

    I am currently rewatching Season 1 of the Tv-series for nostalgic reasons. In the Episode 4, It caught my attention that Ash's sleeping bag is tagged as "Satoshi", the Japanese name of our protagonist (and also the creator's surname). Then I was wondering like why the English name was chosen as "Ash Ketchum" and suddenly, penny dropped. Am I the only one who didn't know that?

    submitted by /u/a14alo
    [link] [comments]

    Would you watch a Pokémon anime designed like planet earth?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:59 PM PST

    I've loved animals since I was a toddler, no matter if there scaly, slimy, furry, or scary. That's one of the biggest reasons I feel in love with Pokémon when it first premiered in the US and the games launched. I always use to watch nature documentaries with the grandpa and by far my favorite is Planet Earth. Just how beautiful it was shot, all the different ecosystems it explored and by fair some of the footage that was caught for the first time on camera. I think back to Pikachu's vacation and how Dexter the Pokédex narrated what was happening. My favorite being the first recording of bulbs-bye. I was just wondering if anyone else would watch something like that, a nature documentary based in the Pokémon world and different biomes?

    submitted by /u/1012210
    [link] [comments]

    Do you add specific requirements to your Pokémon playthroughs? Such as only using certain balls or certain types of ‘mons?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:48 AM PST

    I'm curious if anyone else sets requirements for themselves when on their original playthroughs! I know some people do Nuzlockes, but I'm talking more about specific standards you hold yourself to for no real reason.

    For instance, I only catch Pokémon in Pokeballs, I never let any Pokémon faint and reset the game or release them if I do (outside of actual competitive battles, obviously), and I don't use any Pokémon that I didn't personally obtain in that game (so no trades or game transfers!).

    Does anyone else play with simile "rules"?

    submitted by /u/fauxfoxem
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of fake signature moves for Pokémon, day 73: Lord Helix, aka Omastar

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:24 AM PST

    I am coming up with at least 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or an evolutionary line of Pokémon. I am going in Pokédex order, and I will skip every Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. Signature Z-moves or G-Max moves don't count.

    I'm skipping Porygon because it has Conversion and Conversion 2 as its signature moves.

    Omastar's move is called Aquatic Leech.

    Aquatic Leech is a Water-Type Special move with a base power of 60. It has 100% accuracy and 10 PP. It heals the user by 75% of HP dealt to the target.

    There is no Water-Type draining move yet, I believe, so I wanted to make one. Omastar looks like it can use its mouth to drain health similarly to how Zubat can, I think, but you can disagree with that. This move is somewhat similar to Draining Kiss since that move also drains 75% of HP in damage that the target received. The move itself might not make that much sense but I do feel like it would still work quite well, although I would love to hear your ideas for Omastar since I am not completely satisfied with this one. I won't change it to a completely different move, however, I am thinking of revisiting Pokémon I have covered already and giving them more moves, as little bonus moves. If/when I am gonna do that, I'd love to hear your ideas for any Pokémon I already covered so far, which is almost every Kanto Pokémon by now.

    I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas, and if you have any ideas for signature moves for Pokémon, I'd love to hear them, I might use the ideas (with your consent of course)! Even though this is a daily thing, or at least, I'll try to keep it daily, I don't think I'll be consistent with the time of day I post another idea.

    submitted by /u/Noodnood966
    [link] [comments]

    Who’s the best axolotl?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:24 AM PST

    In Pokémon there are two axolotl boys that everyone loves. However, it is now time to finally figure out which of the two is the best! Wooper, the gen two water ground type known for their blank soulless smile, or Mudkip, the gen three water type starter who single-handedly beat some guy's game of Pokémon Emerald. The choice is yours...

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Netheraptr
    [link] [comments]

    Should shedinja receive an overhaul ?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:46 AM PST

    The pokemon is so cool due to its gimmick however after looking at its stat I wondered : WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS THING HAVE DEF AND SP.DEF STATS ???

    Like its whole gimmick is that it can only take one single point if damage and die . So I thought this little guy should have his stats overhauled a bit

    1 hp

    90 attack

    1 def

    90 sp.attack

    1 sp.def

    90 speed

    What do you think ?

    submitted by /u/SnowBirdFlying
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone play two pokemon games at a time?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:47 AM PST

    I'm just interested in knowing because I feel like I have a bad habit of doing this 😭 and I also watch two different pokemon series at a time. I don't know how my brain does it, but im interested in knowing if I'm not the only one who does this and your reasons behind it? For me It has to do with the new pokemon and new gameplay experience.

    submitted by /u/polynomadial
    [link] [comments]

    Art tips

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:23 AM PST

    Hey guys, I've been getting into drawing pokemon digitally, but am looking for some tips/styles for drawing. Ive been creating new pokemon from a friend sending me a random pokedex entry. I use Krita for my drawing.

    Any help is appreciated!! Thanks so much.

    Also apologies if I'm not allowed to post this stuff, I just dont know how to go about this otherwise.

    submitted by /u/blink-or-else
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment