• Breaking News

    Monday, January 25, 2021

    Pokémon [Weekly Questions Thread] 25 January 2021

    Pokémon [Weekly Questions Thread] 25 January 2021


    [Weekly Questions Thread] 25 January 2021

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:00 AM PST

    Have any questions about Pokémon that you'd like answered?

    If they're about the anime, the games, the manga, or anything Pokémon related, feel free to ask here -- no matter how silly your questions might seem!

    /r/pokemon also has a Discord channel! Feel free to swing by there to ask a question, or just to talk! :D


    A few useful sources for reliable Pokémon-related information:

    Serebii

    Bulbapedia

    Smogon

    Also remember to check the /r/pokemon FAQ and our related subreddits list.


    If you want to answer questions posed by other members of the community, remember to sort the comments by new! If you use RES, please also consider subscribing to this thread so you know when new questions are asked!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    Since you all like my Venusaur one, I did a Charizard one.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:52 AM PST

    Obscure Pokémon Fact Day 36: Max Damage

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:05 AM PST

    I designed a fakemon line based on gargoyles (and the gym statues in Kanto)!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:24 AM PST

    Curse of the electric rodents

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 05:00 AM PST

    Me on Christmas Day 1999 and the gift I received for Christmas 2020

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:25 AM PST

    Mainline Game Meme Tierlist

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:48 AM PST

    Decided it was time to animate one of the bestest of bois

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:58 AM PST

    ALAKAZAM line ��

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:21 AM PST

    Work in progress Sinnoh Region in Minecraft

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:48 AM PST

    Dragon Type Eeveelution (by me)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:42 AM PST

    Prepare for trouble! And make it double! I drew Team Rocket

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:37 AM PST

    Just like black and white

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:03 AM PST

    Drew my favs from Galar, hope you guys like them ❤️

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:04 PM PST

    In August 2018, I challenged myself to play every main series Pokemon game in order, without ever using the same Pokemon more than once. As of January 2021, I'm finally finished, and I wanted to share it with Reddit.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:00 AM PST

    Sorry for any bad formatting as I am on mobile. TLDR and a link to the imgur album at the bottom.

    So, as a bored college freshman, this sounded like a great long-term project to undertake in my spare time, but I vastly underestimated the time it would actually end up taking in the end due to time constraints and burn-out. Despite that, I finally pulled through and completed my longest gaming-related project ever. Here's the story, wall of text incoming:


    First, I want to establish my "rules":

    1. I must use a fully unique team of 6 in each game. No singular Pokemon may be used more than once, with a few exceptions (see rules 3 and 4). The term "used" means that the Pokemon was on my final team as of the end of the game and cannot be present on another final team at the end of a game for the rest of the challenge. To prevent cheesing this, I must use all chosen Pokemon from time of capture to the end of the game unless I need an HM Slave.

    2. I must play EVERY main series game (Example: Red, Blue AND Yellow), but I am excluding Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee due to some questions regarding whether they are main series or spinoffs and their deviations from series norms.

    3. HM slaves can be caught and used as needed (but only if a particular HM cannot be used my any of my Pokemon) but may not see battle unless they are the last Pokemon standing. Also, I may use my starter until I can catch my first Pokemon of choice, and then box it. This rule does not disqualify any Pokemon used as an HM Slave or Starter unless they are present in my team at the end of the game.

    4. Pokemon with multiple final evolutions (Eevee, Ralts) can be used mutliple times as long as the final evolution chosen is a unique, unused Pokemon and the non-evolved Pokemon is not in the final team at the end of a game. Also, using an unevolved Pokemon disqualifies the use of ALL of its evolutions in future teams (Kadabra disqualifies Alakazam) and vice versa (Gardevoir disqualifies Kirlia, but not Gallade).

    5. Most games end when the Champion is defeated. The exceptions are the Johto games, in which Red must be defeated, and Black and White, in which Ghetsis is the final boss (I did go on to fight Alder in Black but its just unfun grind to get to that point and I did not wanna do it again).

    6. I will not be trading in Pokemon that are not naturally found within the game being played, nor will I trade in a Pokemon earlier than it is normally available.


    Now that that is out of the way, I decided to catalogue my journey through the series in an Imgur album. Here is a link, for those interested:

    The Album of my Journey Through the Series

    The toughest part of this was definitely getting past the burnout, especially in the Alola games considering you gotta play Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon back to back, and you gotta play through Kanto a whopping 10 times, 12 if you decide to include Let's Go. At least in the Unova games, Black 2 and White 2 didnt have the exact same path through the region that Black and White did.

    Also, some fun stats: I contracted Pokerus 3 separate times within the confines of this challenge, in Firered, Pearl and Sword. In total, I used roughly (give or take because I'm writing this at 4AM) 388 unique Pokemon counting evolutions. I also found 1 non-scripted shiny Pokemon, which was a Solosis in White 2.

    Will I do it again? Probably not, but I'd like to continue it for as long as it is actually possible as new games come out. It was a really refreshing way to play Pokemon and see how the series evolved over time and I got to use a lot of Pokemon I would probably never touch otherwise. Some of the standouts were Passimian, Minior, Cacturne, Skuntank, Beedrill and Dustox. (Those last two had to solo Brock and Roxanne respectively). Overall I had a ton of fun with it.

    I know its just a silly challenge but I'm proud of myself, a chronic never-finisher, of finally completing it. I hope you guys enjoy this idea as much as I did while playing through it and I would love to try and answer any questions you guys may have.

    TL:DR Basically what the title says. I finished a nearly 2.5 year old challenge to complete every main series game with a completely unique team of Pokemon. Link to the imgur album here:

    The Album

    submitted by /u/Volman99
    [link] [comments]

    I made Eevee Marshmallows

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:37 AM PST

    Wait.. they're all connected?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:39 AM PST

    [OC] Courtney Selfie

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:10 AM PST

    I don’t know what to put here

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 05:10 AM PST

    I made a Psyduck x Goldeen collab cake!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:52 AM PST

    I drew Pikachu as ground & grass types! ����

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:08 AM PST

    Just a meme bro

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:01 PM PST

    [OC] Umbreon walk cycle

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:15 AM PST

    [OC] Shyduck with the reminder ��

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:26 AM PST

    I'm Nuzlocking every game in the series. Silver is complete! (5/32)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:53 AM PST

    Blaziken & Scizor

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:00 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment