• Breaking News

    Monday, March 8, 2021

    Pokémon In honor of the franchise's 25th anniversary, what's your most treasured personal memory within the world of Pokemon? Something that you look back on as a defining experience unique to yourself as a player/watcher/enjoyer of this series. I need those strong nostalgic feels.

    Pokémon In honor of the franchise's 25th anniversary, what's your most treasured personal memory within the world of Pokemon? Something that you look back on as a defining experience unique to yourself as a player/watcher/enjoyer of this series. I need those strong nostalgic feels.


    In honor of the franchise's 25th anniversary, what's your most treasured personal memory within the world of Pokemon? Something that you look back on as a defining experience unique to yourself as a player/watcher/enjoyer of this series. I need those strong nostalgic feels.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:29 PM PST

    For me, it's the fact that I started playing the games & caught my first pokemon during a difficult portion of my childhood, and can still play with the virtual creatures I caught as an 8 year old. Some (including my first) are still living in My Pokemon Ranch on the Wii, others are still trying to get their ribbons in ORAS, and will eventually find their way to HOME so I can take them with me everywhere I go. I picked berries with and fed these pokemon poffins I cooked with friends- then took my guys into contests and battles against them. Some Pokemon I got from long-gone friends and acquaintances, others inherited from the previous owners of used games. They might not be living, breathing creatures, but they're as real as you choose to make them. Despite the changes that the franchise has undergone throughout the years, the connections you can build to this rich fictional world can be enjoyed regardless of age or experience level if you're willing to play a bit of pretend.

    submitted by /u/Dynamo-Gear
    [link] [comments]

    I just like Pokemon ��

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:53 AM PST

    Okay so when I was little we didn't have a lot of money. If I was so lucky I got a generation or two (or three!) Behind everyone else. When the GBA came out my dad got me some kind of gameboy and pokemon crystal. I was over the moon! While everyone else was on fire red I was still on crystal.

    I only bring this up to try and ask my friends here to keep our chin up. The remakes and the new ones may not all be everything you want them to be but try and keep that childlike joy they bring us. Pokemon is still going and I think you might be happier if you try to remember those moments when it brought you that joy. Only worrying about what it isn't and what you don't have won't make you happy.

    Okay have a great day trainer friends! 🤠

    submitted by /u/Special_Purchase7169
    [link] [comments]

    Let's Talk About Florges

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:01 PM PST

    So, I was scrolling through Serebii's Top 300 All Pokemon by Base Stats and saw names likes Mega Camerupt (560)...., Arcanine (555)....., Mega Banette (555).....and next on the list is Florges!!!!

    It comes in with a massive Base Stat of 552 that's higher than Haxorus's for god sake!

    Then I look up its Base Stats, 78 health, 65 attack, 68 defense, 112 special attack, 75 speed. All pretty mediocre.... and then a WHOPPING 154 special defence. Which is the 6th highest special defence of all time!!!! The same as Lugia and Ho-Oh for god sake!!!

    I never really paid much attention to Florges, the Fairy that many believe should be a Grass and it's appearance in the XYZ anime.. but this just caught me off guard!

    Do you like Florges?

    So what do you think was the design choice for it's base stats?

    Is it good in competitive?

    submitted by /u/MovYolo
    [link] [comments]

    GF, Please Please PLEASE allow character customisation in Legends Arceus.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:59 PM PST

    I love remakes, I really do, but losing the customisation in favor of the regional trainers' usual looks is always gonna hurt after having that customisation available in the current-gen games.

    I've already given up on BDSP having customisation, and I understand that, it's a faithful remake with previously-established characters which switches style (meaning more work per clothes), so it makes a certain amount of sense that they don't add a new mechanic like that.

    But Legends Arceus doesn't have those problems. It isn't a remake for all that it's based in Sinnoh, the characters are new for all that they look like DP's trainers, and there's only one style throughout the game if it's as seamless as it looks.

    And come on, having period-accurate clothing (for whatever period it is, I'm not sure at this point) would be super cool.

    submitted by /u/JamUsagi
    [link] [comments]

    I really don’t understand the notion when people say, “it’s same game, just play the originals”

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:53 PM PST

    First off not everyone started with diamond and pearl or have even played

    2nd of all not having a working ds or 3ds isn't uncommon

    These games are over 100 dollars used

    Why do people automatically assume that people have original games on hand lol

    I'm super excited for dp remakes, it's gonna be huge

    submitted by /u/Minnale101
    [link] [comments]

    Who would win: 1 billion lions OR 1 of every Pokémon

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:39 PM PST

    My friends and I are having a very heated debate and I believe 1 each of every Pokémon would absolutely demolish 1 billion lions but they believe quite the opposite. I went as far as to make the claim that 10 legendaries could defeat all one billion lions. They're reasoning is that there are just too many lions.

    What do you guys think and what's your reasoning?

    This is not a joke, this is ripping our friend group apart.

    submitted by /u/ver-say-see
    [link] [comments]

    Steel won’t be a pain in The DP remakes

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:14 PM PST

    Up until Gen 6 steel used to resist ghost and dark. This was a pain in gen 4 because of Bronzor. Because the only type that are super effective is fire because they have levitate. And you have to battle them multiple times because that the most Pokémon that Team galactic and I hope they use the platinum dex. But just be happy that steel no longer resist ghost and dark.

    submitted by /u/Cutiesaurs
    [link] [comments]

    Want to finish Japanese green but cant read Japanese

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:20 PM PST

    So as the title suggests, I have a copy of pokemon Japanese green and would like to finish the game but I can't read Japanese. I have made it past the 4th gym but am stuck because HM's. If there's a decent way to finish the game without Google translating everything that would be amazing. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/throwaway66778866
    [link] [comments]

    What Pokemon animated series is your favorite, and at what point did you realize it was the best one?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:46 PM PST

    I'm currently rewatching Sun & Moon, and I realized it was my favorite series when Kukui and Burnet got wed, it was just too cute! I watched that same episode twice in a row.

    I'm super interested to learn about what everyone else's little moment of realization is! Please do enter your thoughts down below, because I really want to know! I'd also rewatch the episodes that you suggest, if in case you do.

    Looking forward to reminisce little Pokemon animated series moments in this thread!

    submitted by /u/giaraffes
    [link] [comments]

    Why I personally hate the exp all in Sword and Shield

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 04:58 AM PST

    So everyone always says how much easier the EXP all makes the games and while I do agree there is another big reason I really don't like it that I never see being brought up so it makes me curious if anyone else feels this way.

    The Exp all actually makes me feel less attached to my team I find that a lot of my team members end up getting ignored because they're already caught up with everyone else so I never really need to use them unless they're good against what I'm facing. Another games I'm either able to turn off the EXP all so that I can actually use a Pokemon for a few levels before swapping them out with someone else but now it just feels really unnecessary to do that.

    I'm really curious if anyone else feels the same way about it as me and I do apologize if I didn't really explain this all that well

    submitted by /u/AlphaBetes97
    [link] [comments]

    I made an iOS app that lets you do damage calculation!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:35 AM PST

    Hello! I have been working on an app for iOS devices that lets you do damage calculation, and it was released a bit ago!

    Link to the app on the AppStore

    It is 100% free with no ads and completely offline too!

    I worked really hard to try and streamline the design so that it's intuitive and not overwhelming for the smaller phone screens. There's a lot to control in Pokemon so I adjusted it so that certain things can only be changed when needed to but all you need is still available.

    For example: you normally can only change the Attacking Pokemon's Attack and Special Attack stat, but if you select Body Press as a move, the option for changing Defense will appear as well. This greatly reduces the density of options you'd have at once making it easier to use.

    This is actually my first time making an app, so it will only be for iOS for the time being. I've been putting out updates with features people asked for, there should be another sometime today that lets you set the levels of the Pokemon too.

    Hope you like it!

    submitted by /u/fadipon
    [link] [comments]

    Long Time Players, Do You Still Complete the In-Game Pokedexes Nowadays?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:34 PM PST

    And If So, How Important Is It to Your Experience and Enjoyment of The Games?

    And Important Note to begin this discussion with, completing a Dex means you must have 1 of each Pokemon's Forms/Evolutions cataloged in your In-Game PC along with the actual Dex Entries.

    My friend and I are lifelong Pokemon fans since the days of Red and Blue back on the Gameboy. But, something we only really recently discovered about ourselves with the games and series is that we have completely different expectations and experiences from actually playing them. We've both lots of fun over the years but in apparently very, very different ways.

    This all came about because I've been considering getting the Sword and Shield DLC. I completed the Pokedex for Shield before the DLC was released and then life has been in the way and trying to get getting to the DLC now. But I've been struggling to understand how to complete all the Pokedexes when the majority of Legendaries, Ultra Beasts and Special Mons like Kubfu are locked to 1 of each Mon in a game. And since I own both games, do everything and "Catch Em All" twice since I treat each game as a different trainer working on a different Dex. In the past, the fix for this and getting the Dexs complete was using the GTS or Trade Forums to get the Missing Mons for each game.

    However, that doesn't seem like much of an option anymore since the GTS seems to be only have the most extreme or impossible trades for them. And Trade forums seemed to be filled with people who only want whatever the rarest thing you have like Shinies and Event Mons to get them. I'll admit that kinda makes sense but it's never been so cutthroat before. I actually seriously may have to consider buying the Mons from online scalpers/hackers on eBay if I went and buy the DLC just to complete the Dexes for both games. (I haven't bought the Mons, I only considering the idea.) Why? Because, to me, the entire point of a Pokemon Game is to Complete the Dex. Or "Gotta Catch Em All" as many of us grew up with.

    And that's where the biggest difference between our fun and experience with the Pokemon games lies: the Pokedex and its importance.

    For me, the Pokedex is the entire purpose of the game. And even the entire series, really. It's also where the fun lies within playing the games. The story, the new modes, side quests and literally everything else are just stops along the way to completing the Pokedex. I've always saw the games as a Collectathon RPG with the later games gaining more Adventure game elements. Without the goal of completing the Dex, I honestly just don't see the point of playing a Pokemon Game.

    For him, the purpose of the game is going on the journey, becoming the champ and completing the story and doing whatever side quests/material interests him. Completing the Dex is just an "Ultimate Goal" like getting a Platinum Trophy in a Playstation game but still an optional one. From what he explained, he's always seen the Pokemon games as an Adventure RPG with Collecting Elements since the first games..

    Once we wrapped up our discussion about our differences in the Pokemon experience and how the fun goes, he brought up a different notion for me to consider. Which is that the franchise's expectations and scope for its players from 20 years ago like "Gotta Catch Em All" don't work anymore. And that completing the Pokedex is now only a bit of acknowledgement from one or two in-game NPC these days at best. Along with that the games aren't developed with it in mind anymore. So, I need to either scale back my goals or meet the developers in some halfway point. Or, we're both afraid I'll never be able to enjoy the Pokemon games every again as future generations are just going to keep adding to the games and Pokedexes.

    In the end, we both came to the agreement we can't tell each other how enjoy the games and that it's something we must decide for ourselves. And if that I have to consider eBay to supplement the Pokemon I need, maybe it's time to reconsider things. Now, I'm truly unsure how to handle the DLC situation I'm stuck in and possibly the future of the franchise in the long run.

    (For the sake of this discussion, we'll ignore "Living Dexes" since that's an odd fanmade concept that is its own ball of contradictive ideas for another discussion. And Shiny Dexes and the likes as well etc. )

    submitted by /u/AmiiboPuff
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t remember the early Gen games kicking my ass this hard!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:06 PM PST

    I just picked up LeafGreen again and boy howdy, is it WAAAY harder than I remembered! Gary kicked my ass 4 times at Silph and I was like god DAMN, I was patient as a kid. I'm having so much fun, though. It's like reliving the magic all over again! My friend and I are meeting up on Tuesday to trade because I wanna shiny breed for a Growlithe. It's just so fun to find the love in the small things!

    submitted by /u/showtunie
    [link] [comments]

    Weavile for Super Smash Brothers Moveset

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:12 PM PST

    Weavile Cuts In! The Sharp Claw Pokemon will be representing the Ice Type in Super Smash Brothers for a hypothetical Super Smash Brothers moveset. It will be a below-average weight fighter with fast running speeds, three solid jumps, and can wall jump. Weavile will be best at rushing foes for quick and brutal attacks from behind with solid combo-potential, but has weak range and less defense against zoners.

    Jab: Weavile does two slashes, a spin kick, and then switches to a rapid jab where it uses Fury Swipes for a combo-attack

    Dash Attack: Weavile will dash forward to do a sliding kick

    Forward Tilt: Weavile does a fast rising slash with lingering ice particles for a residing hitbox that quickly loses power upon use, though this does have slight end lag

    Up Tilt: Weavile will do a backflip for a single kick with weak knockback

    Down Tilt: Weavile crouches and does a low slash, this also serves as a ducking move

    Forward Smash: Weavile does a double crashing slash that creates two dark and icy arcs of energy for extra damage

    Up Smash: Weavile will jump in the air and spins around with its claws for a spinning slash

    Down Smash: Weavile spins on its back as it does three icy kicks, each one doing more damage with the third launching the first foe it hits. This has some end lag as Weavile has to get back up

    Grabs: Weavile grabs an opponent with one paw and begins thrusting its other claws into them

    Forward Throw: Weavile jabs the opponent with its claw, only for a bright glowing projection of its claws to pop out to toss them forward

    Back Throw: Weavile disappears, two massive scratch marks appear over the foe for brutal damage, and Weavile reappears for another slash attack that launches them forward with massive knockback. This will be its strongest throw with the best KO chance

    Up Throw: Weavile will do an uppercut, which also has some jagged icicles to launch the foe into the air

    Down Throw: Weavile will slam the foe into the ground before doing an Ice Punch straigh to the gut

    Neutral Aerial: Weavile will throw a fast series of icicle spears forward as low-range gravity affected projectiles for flinching damage

    Forward Aerial: Weavile will skate forward on an icy trail to push through enemies

    Back Aerial: Weavile turns around for a spinning slash

    Up Aerial: Weavile will do a crosscut above it

    Down Aerial: Weavile jumps up in the air using an icicle as a platform that falls straight down. This projectile will shatter once it hits anything, and Weavile will end in freefall after reaching its peak

    Neutral Special: Icicle Crash

    Weavile will charge up an attack that has it summon a path of icicles in the air that appear in the air and fall down for decent damage with a chance to spike when they hit a sweetspot. The longer it is charged, the more icicles it summons for more range. The icicle path will be slightly above Weavile as well. If used in the air, Weavile can use these icicles as a falling platform it can jump off of or smash straight down for a devastating attack with high launching power for anyone close by.

    Side Special: Fake Out/Night Slash

    The first form of this attack can only be used if it is the first attack used. This will be a lighting-fast attack that has Weavile dash forward for a low hook that stuns enemies with weak damage. This has weak range, but is amazing for setting up a combo. Afterwards, Weavile will have a slower but stronger Night Slash that makes it lunge forward for a falling slash with a good launching chance.

    Up Special: Ice Shard

    Weavile turns its claws into jagged ice spikes, which will be a bit of starting lag, but it then launches straight up for a double stab and then moves in a player-controlled distance for a second punch that is weaker but much faster. Weavile won't go into freefall after using this move, but cannot use it gain until it lands

    Down Special: Throat Chop

    Weavile will stand in place, with a dark twinkle in its eyes. It now has a ten-second window to use its most brutal attack, Throat Chop. Once it is close enough to an enemy, it delivers a nasty Karate Chop to the target's throat for massive damage, canceling their Neutral Special for seven seconds. This chop has no launching or knockback abilities, and leaves a lingering dark aura emitting from the victim's throat/neck. This attack is easy to telegraph as it can be avoided by keeping away from Weavile, but the move itself is very difficult to avoid from up close unless you can counter it at the right time.

    Echo Fighter: Sneasel

    This little weasel will be a lightweight fighter whose moves have more range than Weavile.

    Neutral Special: Beat Up

    Sneasel will charge up an attack that has several shadowy clones of Sneasel to dash forward for an attack pose, with the same base concept as Weavile's Icicle Crash. Sneasel cannot use the clones for platforms

    Weavile's Final Smash: Frozen Winds Slash

    Weavile will dash forward for a launching slash, it then flings numerous ice blades at the enemy. It then jumps in the air, and then extends its claws into a long shadowy blade and then cuts through the opponent for a spiking attack that can KO.

    Sneasel's Final Smash: Chilling Beat Up

    Sneasel will have the same trapping attack as Weavile, but summons a legion of shadow-clones of itself to each slash the opponent before it launches the foe into the air with a giant icicle spear

    Alternate Colors:

    1. Weavile/Sneasel will be in its main colors
    2. Weavile/Sneasel gains a gray and blue coloration
    3. Weavile/Sneasel gets a white and gold coloration
    4. Weavile/Sneasel turns purple and yellow, as a nod to their shiny coloration
    5. Weavile/Sneasel turns red and black
    6. Weavile/Sneasel gets a brown and tan coloration
    7. Weavile/Sneasel turns cyan and violet
    8. Weavile/Sneasel turns black and silver

    Taunts:

    1. Weavile will breath a cold breath of mist, Sneasel holds its claws over its face as they shimmer
    2. Weavile spins in a circle on one foot, Sneasel does a backflip
    3. Weavile moves in a blur as two after images appear, Sneasel will do the same

    Weavile Victory Animations:

    1. Weavile does three backflips before posing with its claws in an attack pose
    2. Weavile does two claw slashes forward before doing a corkscrew jump and kick
    3. Weavile summons several icicles to fall from the air and begins jumping off of them before disappearing in a blur of mist as it begins to hail

    Sneasel Victory Animations:

    1. Sneasel begins snickering with its claws covering its mouth and then begins doing a hand stand
    2. Three Sneasel each do a forward slash before disappearing, with the real Sneasel doing a fast slash and dash in front of the camera
    3. Sneasel jumps in the air for an icy backflip before doing a victory pose as it lands on its feet

    Current Pokemon Smash movesets: Dragonite, Machamp, Gengar, Lapras, Mr. Mime, Ariados, Togepi, Scizor, Sneasel, Suicune, Sceptile, Gardevoir, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Weavile, Garchomp, Krookodile, Aegislash, Decidueye, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Alcremie, Sirfetch'd, Toxtricity, Mr. Rime, Dracovish

    Current Trainer Smash movesets: Professor Oak, Sabrina, Blue, Giovanni, Lance, Steven Stone, Brandon, Cynthia, Hilda, N, Grimsley, Ghetsis, Diantha, Guzma, Lusamine, Leon

    submitted by /u/Kapples14
    [link] [comments]

    God the Eon flute is amazing

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:25 AM PST

    Just completed my first playthrough of Omega Ruby(a little late ik). The Eon flute as a means of travel looked so effing gorgeous. It really captured the essence of us flying on a Pokémon. Why didn't the do the same thing in Sword and Shield I wonder. The blackout thing was just horrible. I really hope they implement something like this in the sinnoh remakes

    submitted by /u/mr_poopy_pants420
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think the Gen 5-8 remakes will be called?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 02:40 PM PST

    Gen 5: Pitch Black and Bright White

    Gen 6: No idea lol. My best bet is Pokemon Z if they decide to have a singular remake but with the name of a directors cut type game like emerald or platinum.

    Gen 7: Ughh... Mega Sun and Mega Moon??? Since "Ultra" is taken.

    Gen 8: Sharpened Sword and Strengthened Shield

    submitted by /u/bornagain333
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb things we did as kids.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:42 AM PST

    I've been watching a lot of competitive Pokémon recently and that triggered something in my brain;I was watching a trick room team do it's thing when I remembered back to when I was 8. I had just received Pokémon Red version and I had no idea about stats; I honestly thought to out speed the other Pokémon I had pick a move as fast as I could... As you could imagine I would get frustrated when ever I lost a "speed battle" only until way later when an older friend of mine told me about attack, defense etc. did I come to understand how to actually play. Stupid things we do as kids, lol. Btw I still hold down B when trying to catch a Pokémon.

    submitted by /u/NonfictionCommander
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an old book!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 09:27 PM PST

    Hi, I'm looking for a Pokémon book that I cannot remember the name of. It was a big hardcover book, around a foot tall and a foot wide, with the hardcover print being the color of pikachu and had his face pouch on it. The book also had one of those hardcover protector paper things that could be taken off. The book was based on generations 1-4 of the anime only, Including orange islands. It would give information like what rivals there were in every region and at the end of the chapter there was around 2 pages showing which Pokémon where from that region. Please help! It used to be my favorite book around 12 years ago and I would like to purchase it again. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/-IntoTheUnknown
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished pokemon sun and finished the show at the same time.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:16 PM PST

    Its been 4-5 years I think since the games Pokemon sun and moon came out. I got both games and a 3ds on Christmas, but we were robbed a week after, it made everyone in my family sad because we spent a lot of money on each and everyone of us. I promised get everything that was stolen back to my family (well not the originals we payed for but yeah). A month ago I finished my goal by getting everything back, so I started playing Sun while watching the show and maybe 20 min ago I finished the game at the same time the show ended. I am very sad that I finished the show and the game but, I am happy that I finished my goal and I finished the game I was supposed too 4-5 years ago. This summer I am getting a better job, so I can make more money supporting my family and hopefully get a switch for when the arceus tales game comes out.

    Really I just want to wish you wall a safe and happy future ❤.

    (Especially u people who use Regice)

    submitted by /u/DzEA0
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner's Guide to Pokémon UNITE [Beta Test Experience]

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 08:30 AM PST

    With Pokémon UNITE Available for Canadians for a limited amount of time, I had the change to BETA test the game and found a lot of useful tips to help prepare yourself when the game is released Worldwide in the near future. REMINDER - All Game progression is reset on World Wide release, so everything will start off fairly, but this guide will help make sure everyone is on equal ground in terms of knowledge of game mechanic

    You can watch a Complete Guide from the BETA Test below, but if you don't have time I'll give the most important facts about the game here!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIIw1VO7wAY

    QUICK GUIDE TO POKEMON UNITE

    Game Play

    If you have played League of Legends or Mobile Legends, you're already better than 80% of the players currently in the BETA. There are no Elemental Advantages so Water does not beat fire, its based on Attack/ Special attack Damage to HP.If you would like to see images of the Gameplay Items and Mechanics Click on the link below I wrote an article detailing all of it with nice charts.

    Basic Objective:

    Each Team has 5 Towers

    • 2 Towers with 80 Goals Limit
    • 2 Towers with 100 Goals Limit
    • 1 Tower with Infinite Goals (home base)

    Pretty simple, you "defeat" Wild Pokémon/ Opponent's Pokémon and use their balls to donate to towers to receive Points for each of your goals (based on per ball). Team with the most points win.

    However the last 2 minutes all points are doubled, and the Max Cap of towers increase if they are not destroyed during the first 8 minutes[There is some strategy to it which I explain in the Video]

    Some Pokemon are called "Wild Pokemon", but I prefer to call them assist Pokemon or mini bosses, you can defeat them and they'll offer some perks to you and balls as a reward to donate to towers. The larger the boss, the better the effect is. In the Beta Zapdos instantly makes all towers 100 Point Instant Goals (50 points x2 cause he appears at then end).

    Pokemon:

    You can see a visual of all Pokémon available HERE

    But if not I made 4 Categories for Pokemon for easier understanding

    RANGED: Pokémon that deal damage from father distances

    Charizard

    Pikachu

    Gardevoir

    Cinderace

    Greninja

    Venasaur

    Cramorant

    BRUTE: Pokémon that deal damage Face to Face

    Garchomp

    Gengar

    Lucario

    Absol

    Talonflame

    Machamp

    TANK: Pokémon that can take hits and are more defensive-oriented

    Blastoise

    Snorlax

    Slowbro

    Crustle

    SUPPORT: Pokémon that can help boost Allies or assist in Battle

    Alolan Ninetails

    Mr.Mime

    Eldegoss

    Clefable (in 2020 Demo)

    NOTE: All Pokémon can learn up to 4 Different Moves, and can change from being Support to Tank, to Brute, to Range. Depends on Player's Preferences and Items on the Pokémon.

    This list is based on the BETA Released for March 2021.

    Picking your Item

    Each Pokémon can hold up to 3 Held Items and they can be all upgraded to LEVEL 30 (And will probably increase further in the future). CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL ITEMS DESCRIPTION AND STAT BOOSTS

    While all items have a description effect, the most important stat effecting information is in the right hand column. Select your items based on those stats and your Pokémon's attack style.

    I also believe Special Attack = Range attacks, and Melee Attacks are Attack.

    I recommend Muscle Band, Float Stone and Leftovers for first time players as it adds Speed, Attack, and Health to your Pokémon.

    You can watch the full video for more details, but I believe this is enough for you to consider playing right off the bat and enjoy the game properly and at your pacing.

    As said before, you can view some of my strategy guides in the video below more in depth, there is not Gameplay Footage, but I animated a lot so you can see the gist of the maps work and pacing of the game.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIIw1VO7wAY

    Hope this helps out the BETA Testers, and anyone waiting to play the game, hopefully this helps you get ready for the world wide release. Remember, everything gets reset after the Beta test, everything can change, and will probably change. So you're not missing out, but these 3 mechanics listed above [Gameplay, Pokemon, and Items] Will probably stay similar if not improve.

    If you're wondering how I felt, I'm not a MOBA Player, but I did enjoy the game. It's fun with people who focus on teamwork than individual stats (and steal my kills, stupid Pikachus). I give it a 4/5.

    submitted by /u/iamsupasam
    [link] [comments]

    How do you feel about the National Dex?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 07:57 PM PST

    It's been a year, but at least for me, the idea that not every or even most Pokémon will exist in the games anymore feels unreal, almost alien. But I also know that not everyone cares about every Pokémon and would hate to see them go. I sort of understand both sides of the equation. What do you think?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Loxe77
    [link] [comments]

    Poke Transporter Question

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:18 PM PST

    Hey guys so I'm new here but i was wondering if it's too late to transport my pokemon from gen 4 and 5 into pokemon bank without the transporter app? I feel so dumb to not have downloaded the poke Transporter beforehand and was wondering if someone found a way to transfer without the app or if anyone can help a fellow trainer out somehow? Thanks in advance guys ❤️

    submitted by /u/druhasareddit
    [link] [comments]

    Are People Finally Ready to Appreciate Sun and Moon?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 10:12 AM PST

    Hey everyone. After talking with a bunch of people about which generations/games they consider to be the best, and constantly being the only one willing to defend Generation 7, I really just wanted to put a few things out there. Feel free to disagree, as this is strictly a list of my opinions, but I'd love to know your thoughts as well.

    1. Generation 7 had probably the best (overall) Pokémon designs, unique ideas and concepts of any generation. If you look at the trailers for this game, as well as the final Pokédex, you'll notice that pretty much every Pokémon has its own unique usage or property. I'm talking about signature moves, abilities, or typings for almost every single Pokémon new to the region. Now, I'm not oblivious to the fact that there are clearly some duds (looking at you, Yungoos), but overall the attention to detail given to every Pokémon in this dex is really special.
    2. The region's design was absolutely fantastic. Again, I can see this being a controversial opinion but let me explain. I think people often get annoyed at the linearity of the story and the accessibility of the map. This is totally valid. What's not a fair point (in my opinion) is thinking the region design itself is bad because of how you're walked through it in the main story. Going back and playing these games after the story ends, and having the freedom to explore a ton of locations is really a fun experience. Additionally, the attention to detail is really something special. Pretty much every location has a very unique battle background, vibrant colors, and unique landscapes that we don't really see in Sword and Shield, or even many other Pokémon games (for the most part). You have volcanoes, lakes, hidden meadows, beaches, forests, caves, canyons, small islands, ranches, cities, etc. And it all feels so much more realistic and lifelike than Sword and Shield.
    3. The story was much better than that of most other Pokémon games. If you can get past the main game's lack of freedom (what I believe to be the biggest drawback of these games, and it's a big one), you'll realize that the story is actually pretty good. Pokémon isn't winning any awards for its stories, but this is still (I think) the best story in the entire series behind Black and White. There's so much lore to dig into, such as the creation of Type:Null and the fight against the Ultra Beasts.
    4. The game had such a unique overall personality. Between doing away with gyms for a more "island" culture, this game was really brave in how it chose to deviate from the traditional formula. Despite this, it still managed to feel very familiar to older fans. I love the game's personality in the Island Kahunas, trials, ride pokémon, and new Pokémon League at the end of the story.
    submitted by /u/zjeskin
    [link] [comments]

    Completed Unova for the first time ever today!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 05:38 AM PST

    Over 10 years since its initial release, I have finally beaten the elite 4 and N. I beat it to be able to transfer legacy mons from platinum, HG/SS into bank then home.

    I can believe I slept on this game! It's story was good, and was great to use only gen 5 Pokémon!

    Was there any generation you've slept on?

    submitted by /u/Ryanatk96
    [link] [comments]

    Is Psyduck a duck or a platypus?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:16 PM PST

    My girlfriend and I were just discussing if Psyduck (the duck pokemon) is more closely based on a duck or a platypus. Based on the name and design I believe it is more closely aligned to a duck. She claims that the physiology of a Psyduck is more closely aligned to a platypus. Please help.

    submitted by /u/JoeyDeMolisher
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment