• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 16, 2021

    Pokémon I just realized how lazy the implementation of the Pokédex actually is

    Pokémon I just realized how lazy the implementation of the Pokédex actually is


    I just realized how lazy the implementation of the Pokédex actually is

    Posted: 16 May 2021 03:33 AM PDT

    I mean, this is supposed to be a high-tech encyclopedia of Pokémon that contains all the info on a Pokémon - right?

    Then why does is only show basic stuff like Name, Type, height/weight and a short flavor text?

    It would be a huge improvement in future games if the Pokédex would show you how to evolve your Pokemon, which Egg Group it belongs to and even it's level-up moveset.

    Evolution methods and levels could be implemented as hints so there's still some trial and error every new generation.

    It just seems weird that I always have to pull up bulbapedia every time I want to know what moves a pokemon learns or how to evolve it. It seems this information should be in the game itself

    Edit: thanks for all the attention and the nice discussion. I appreciate all your comments

    submitted by /u/AmaLucela
    [link] [comments]

    Are Starter Pokémon’s final evolution designs getting better or worse?

    Posted: 15 May 2021 05:14 PM PDT

    I see it as this. I'm a big Gen 5 fan but I think Gen 5 and 6 were the 2 gens with questionable looking final evolution starters (Samurott, Chesnaught, Delphox). I also feel that the final Evolution of the Gen 4 starters was the peak of final evolution designs of starter Pokémon. From gen 7 and gen 8 I feel had very good designs. Between those 2 gens, I don't see one bad starter design (besides the middle evolutions but that's not what we're talking about now). Let me know what option you picked down in the comment section. I look forward to hearing from you.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/EveningChocolate1028
    [link] [comments]

    Next Generation

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    My 3 year old son just asked to see my Gameboy as I was messing around on a fresh save of Pokémon Emerald. I figured there's no harm in it and let him have it. He beat the wild Poochyena I was battling and handed it back to me.

    I'm so proud!

    submitted by /u/dmbrokaw
    [link] [comments]

    (Rant) Dad thinks Pokemon is for babies and wants me to play something that lets me "exercise my brain"

    Posted: 15 May 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    TL;DR: The title is right there

    I had always told my dad that I had wanted a Switch. On my birthday, he got one for me along with the games I wanted. Those games were Shield, BoTW, and Smash Ultimate. (Ultimate isn't relevant to this conversation).

    I started playing Shield and loved it but could never really get into Breath of the Wild. Now my dad constantly tells me how the games I play are "dumb and mindless, and you should start to play something that makes you smarter". Esentially, he is almost forcing me to play BoTW. Its driving me nuts and I want him to realize that just because something isn't challenging doesn't make it bad

    submitted by /u/iluvchess
    [link] [comments]

    What pokemon you think could belong to another region ?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    For example Lucario could be from Unova due its egypcian origins going along with coffagrigus, belossom could be from alola for obvious reasons, greninja from johto since ninjas are japanese and Johto is a very japanese inspired region, granbull could be from galar since bulldogs originated in the uk, xatu would be from Unova since its havely based on native american totens. What other pokemon you think it could be from other regions ?

    submitted by /u/RafaelRoriz
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best Grass/Ghost type Pokémon?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    I have a strong biased opinion here, with one of these Pokémon not only being far above the rest for me, but my absolute favorite of all time, that being said because of my bias I tend to not look at how others feel on this topic, in fact, after voting I'd love to see your reasoning as to how you voted, my only request is that it stays civil as some people have a favorite you might not

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/ThisistheJ17wasTaken
    [link] [comments]

    So I transferred a Pokemon for the first time from Pokemon GO and well...

    Posted: 15 May 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    So I caught a Dragonair in Pokemon GO and I already had one so I decided to transfer this one to my Sword game since I've never done it before. Well when I transferred it to home it said it's level was 7 😳 it's a legit Pokemon but it still feels illegal and like it's hacked but it's not. So I have a level 7 Dragonair that knows wrap, leer, thunder wave, and dragon rage and I haven't even reached the first gym yet lol

    submitted by /u/cascadamoon
    [link] [comments]

    One-Line Answers: What's something you want to see happen in a future Pokemon game?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    The title is the topic. There are two rules, and they are simple.

    1) Your answer must be on topic.

    2) Your answer must be one sentence long.

    No run on sentences. No paragraphs or essays. No fully thought out explanations. Just one line that states what you would want to see.

    The answer can be anything. Maybe you want to see more historical Pokemon games. Maybe you want a different genre. Maybe you want a rebalance or redesign of a favorite Pokemon. Maybe it's a remake or remaster idea. Maybe it's just a shower thought!

    Whatever your desire is, it must be one line long and you are not allowed to explain anything beyond that one line. Your idea once posted cannot be defended by you, but only by others who agree or disagree with you (who must also defend it with one line as well).

    Let's see what ideas reign supreme, and have fun doing so!

    For example:

    "Amoongus is a mimic that has literal Pokeball designs, so Voltorb should get a button on its back."

    submitted by /u/WritingEternity
    [link] [comments]

    I Caught 'Em All! Here's my Full Collection of Wizards' First Original 10 Pokemon Card Sets!

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    Hello Everyone!

    I finally got around to reorganizing my old hoard of pokemon cards. Before I sell any of them, I just want to share all of them in all of their glory! About 90% are 1st Edition too. Take a look; it was the pride of my childhood!

    Base Set - https://imgur.com/gallery/03yo9y9

    Jungle, Fossil, and Rocket Sets - https://imgur.com/gallery/i8WZHAe

    Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge Sets - https://imgur.com/gallery/AcWxvqw

    Neo Genesis Set (+ Southern Island Collection) - https://imgur.com/gallery/xu57lwO

    Neo Destiny + Neo Revelations + Neo Discovery Sets - https://imgur.com/gallery/dEbhogR

    This doesn't even cover my promos, pre-releases, and other oddities - those are still being organized. But still, hope you guys enjoyed my collection!

    submitted by /u/thegreatestalexander
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any pokemon that you forgot existed?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 06:46 AM PDT

    This recently happened to me when I saw Clawitzer on the anime lol. I was like "Wait.. is this a new gen 8 pokemon I didn't know about?!" I think it's because there are some pokemon that I haven't seen in so long, and sometimes the anime and games can go a while without promoting certain pokemon. Are there any pokemon you've completely forgotten about or had "Oh yeahhh" moments about?

    submitted by /u/-AngelSeven-
    [link] [comments]

    I got Pokemon Ruby again :)

    Posted: 16 May 2021 04:24 AM PDT

    The title says it all. I got Pokemon Ruby and I'm excited as hell to play it again. I play emulators on the computer quite often but having a real cartridge feels so much better. I used to have a lot of the games back then but, I was a dumb ass kid who sold them throughout my teenage years to buy stupid games i barely ever played. Finally after years though i have an original cartridge again! It's also in Great condition surprisingly? (I was nervous I would get a bootleg version or a cart that didn't work) but it works perfectly! That's it, that's all I have to say. I don't have a bunch of friends(or friends who like Pokemon like I do) so I had to talk about it. My journey will begin today :)

    submitted by /u/bunkermcdunky
    [link] [comments]

    List your Favorite Pokemon but in the Color Category

    Posted: 16 May 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    For example, here is mine:

    Red: Braviary - Coolest bird tied with Corviknight. Eagles are cool so they did a good job with this one.

    Blue: Luxray - An awesome cat that makes thunder. Also, it has x-ray vision!

    Yellow: Raikou - Favorite legendary. Awesome saber-tooth tiger that makes thunder.

    Green: Sceptile - Favorite Pokemon of all time.

    Black: Houndoom - So awesome! The bones and the skull on it's neck is a really nice touch.

    Brown: Arcanine - Best dog Pokemon and my second favorite. Would want one in real life.

    Purple: Corviknight - I love how evil it looks. Best metal birb.

    Gray: Unfezant - I love pigeons, okay? I don't care that it sucks, I love it! But I mostly love male Unfezant 'tho.

    White: Solgaleo - It's a lion from space. I love how robotic it looks too.

    Pink: Skitty - Small. pink, cuddly, and a cat. It may not be able to do much, but it can just kill its opponents with cuteness.

    Please use one of these sites:

    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color

    https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/green.shtml

    submitted by /u/AmberBamberAlligator
    [link] [comments]

    What Gen had the best Pokémon starting trio designwise? (Final evolved forms)

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    The reason I picked this group of gens it 1, because I've done multiple polls and these are ones that people seem to love the most, 2, gen 1 and 2 would mainly just be voted for as nostalgia picks. Out of these 3, I'd choose gen 4 with gen 7 as a close second. Infernape, Torterra, and Empoleon imo is the best starting 3 designwise all time. Let me know which one you picked and why down in the comments.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/EveningChocolate1028
    [link] [comments]

    A Pokemon for Smash Bros (Very serious, I put a lot of effort into this)

    Posted: 15 May 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Pokemon 1: Dhelmise Dhelmise would float around and be spooky, attacking with big anchor and being bulky and slow but with long range (Okay so originally this was a joke but I actually kind of liked the idea so I kept going and yeah.. the title is actually real now)

    Dhelmise is my favorite Pokemon but obviously it will never be a Smash Bros character, however this thing would be dope.

    Dhelmise would have stupid offensive moves with it's tilts being massive reaching anchor swings doing ludicrous damage.

    It would have good aerials but it's jump would be slow and very low, forcing it to mostly use the anchor as it's key to drop the range gap

    It's aerials would be dope though: Neutral air would spin the wheel body and deal repeated damage with the anchor being spun at the end for a brutal launch box

    It's forward aerial would be unique in that it would be a command grab, causing Dhelmise to uncurl its vines and insnare the opponent before slamming it's entire body directly onto them, it would be a burying move and have atrocious endlag though

    The back aerial would be a sort of backflip with the wheel hitting first and the anchor lagging behind to creat the strongest spike in the entire game

    The down aerial would be a simple anchor drop, doing weaker damage, but forcing a flinch, it also has very low landing lag

    Dhelmise' grabs would be a chain rap, making it the fastest tether grab in the game

    All his throws would be weak and use the anchor to fling the opponent, with his down throw slamming them before looping the anchor back around to spike them out of the air

    Dhelmise would be the heaviest character in a land slide and abysmally slow, in fact he would have no run, only 1 speed

    Dhelmise would have "one" jump but it would be unique in that it's technically infinite, in that although he technically touches the ground after the jump it's always anchor first allowing him to basically hop on the ground by the anchor indefinitely, that being said, Dhelmise would have no air game in the most literal of senses outside the stage space

    Now to his specials

    Dhelmise obviously needed it's most iconic move, anchor shot, but the other 3 moves I chose were more what I thought fit best for this monster

    The official specials I chose were Anchor Shot, Phantom Force, Assurance and Gyro Ball

    Side B: Anchor Shot would work like Snake's missiles allowing Dhelmise to get some shockingly fast and long range, however it would have 2 ways to use it, smashing the stick would cause it to be practically unturnable but blisteringly fast,working like a monstrous punch that would deal absurd damage and also allowing Dhelmise to grab ledge, hitting anyone on ledge with the anchor, followed by the wheel as Dhelmise pulls itself up, while by not smashing it would work almost exactly like Snake's missile, and doing slightly less and being much slower, however there is a twist, Dhelmise can still move and use all other specials in that form of anchor shot

    Neutral B: Assurance would be a truly unique move that would do painfully little damage, however it would be a monstrous attack after another connecting hit, here's the gist: After Dhelmise deals a clean hit, Assurance has a timed window where you can press B and launch Dhelmise into the strongest move not in the likes of Warlock Punch and Falcon Punch, using its head as a spinning sawblade of death

    Down B: Phantom Force would be unfair to describe as anything beyond true pain Phantom Force would have long start-up as Dhelmise phases into the ground, but afterwards it would be stupidly unfair, ignoring shielding and coming in 2 forms, anchorless and anchored, anchorless is only while Dhelmise is still in Anchor Shot and causes Dhelmise to simply teleport to the nearest player and hit them with it's nose like protrusion, doing some small damage but guaranteeing a flinch, while anchored would be an uppercut from beyond with a monstrous upwards blow from the anchor sending both the opponent and Dhelmise into the air

    Up B: Gyro Ball is truly unique, all it does is turn Dhelmise into a hitbox, with him spinning faster and faster the longer you hold the button, Dhelmise doesn't slow down immediately after letting go, either, not only leaving a lasting hitbox, but turning all wheel based attacks into multihits with stronger damage the faster it spins

    submitted by /u/ThisistheJ17wasTaken
    [link] [comments]

    I'm kinda thirsty for a new pokemon fighting game

    Posted: 16 May 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    pokken is okay, but is also over 5 years old even older if you play the japanese arcade, and it has been 3 years since the last update.

    Generally speaking i don't care if is a new pokemon fighting game entirely, or a pokken tournament 2

    maybe we see an official 2D fighting game this time, or a sequel with even more added content with gradual updates this time.

    whatever it is, i just wanna play a new pokemon fighting game again, and i know there's the fangame type wild but i also want to play this new pokemon fighting game to also be able to be played at big tourneys like EVO and the pokemon world championship, something TPC can actually endorse.

    submitted by /u/TheGoldminor
    [link] [comments]

    What is the hardest Pokémon game?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    The long and the short is that I want to play which game I think which game will kick my teeth in the hardest, other than RSE/ORAS. This includes separating third editions, e.g. Plat compared to DP.

    On top of this question, which do you think strikes the best balance between difficulty from grinding and difficulty from team composition? Cynthia is probably one of the best examples for both, given the ten level differences between her and Aaron and her diverse team. This also isn't asking for a game with a hard ending and a mediocre middle, like the only fight anyone had a chance of losing in SwSh was against Hop at the end and that double battle guy in the bakery with a 10 level power spike, and the former only really applies if you played Shield, and the same can be said for the reverse since Yellow is relatively simple after beating Brock, especially if you used a Nidoran to do it.

    There's also the matter of difficulty resulting from Pokémon choice, obvious point being Pearl and Diamond having two Fire Type lines, a pain for a Turtwig fan such as myself. Compared to the availability of TMs in Platinum and the presence of more Pokémon there's a clear difference in your ability to cover enemy weaknesses, plus Cynthia's gastrodon is replaced by a Togekiss.

    When answering this question feel free to give answers to each of these aspects of difficulty as well as the difference between games with nuzlocke difficulty and regular difficulty, e.g. USUM apparently is a lot harder to nuzlocke at the start but I doubt most people had much problem with that on their first playthrough.

    Anyways thanks for any suggestions, this is meant only to be main series btw.

    submitted by /u/HiroHochi
    [link] [comments]

    New move ideas part 8

    Posted: 16 May 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    So people have been a bit upset with my weird an unusual moves, while I still want to make these interesting moves I will also make some good basic moves as well!

    1. Mystic armor: psychic type status move, it raises the user's special defense by two stages (we need more special defense moves!)

    2. Flak: steel type physical move that does NOT make contact, 80 power/ 95 accuracy, this move hits both targets and does more damage to flying and floating Pokémon

    3. Ambush: bug type sucker punch

    4. Last hurrah: fighting type status move, if the user faints all of it's stat changes are given to the next Pokémon that switches in on it's team

    5. Wrath of Nature: super powerful grass type special move, 130 power/ 90 accuracy, this move can only be used if a grass type Pokémon has fainted on either side of the field at any point of the battle

    submitted by /u/Jedimobslayer
    [link] [comments]

    Old lesser Pokemon not getting evolutions

    Posted: 15 May 2021 10:33 PM PDT

    Which Game Freak employees are in charge of certain Pokemon getting evolutions in certain generations? Cuz I don't get how Dunsparce doesn't have an evolution yet Farfetch'd got one in Galar aaand that's the thing, they planned on having an evolution for it back in the day like in gen 1 or 2, why not back then?! And same with Qwilfish, what's the problem with that?? Also Pokemon like Ledian and Delcatty could use third evolutions too. Or at the very least they should have let every Pokemon have viable stats from the start. I am not talking about competitive btw

    submitted by /u/Shadowthelogical
    [link] [comments]

    A different game concept to the traditional games

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    What if there was a game that was set on a region after the pokedex was completed and now everybody has a pokedex with all the relevant data about every pokemon of that region beforehand? The goal of the game would still be beat the elite four, but all the trainers would have slightly better formed teams and better AIs. Instead of the HMs, the character would get tools to be able to train EVs, detect IVs and get some of the key items. Mayabe after winning some gyms you get a sponsor and that gives you the freedon to use the fast travel (fly) and and other kinds of HM equivalents as the sponsor likes your results. Disclaimer: I know this may seem a bit too realistic and naybe a kill vibe to some players, I am by no means trying to say that the game would be better this way, but i think it is a nice thought wxperience and maybe a good rom hack concept. I hope some of you have some fun thinking about this canvas and maybe we can have a little bit of a brainstorm in the comments just for the heck of it . 😁

    submitted by /u/yujideluca
    [link] [comments]

    My team in Omega Ruby

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Hello, I've been replaying Omega Ruby these past few days (I've probably been playing way too much to be honest) and I felt like sharing my team since I like to do that. My starter was Treecko, I know that Sceptile doesn't perform the best in Hoenn, but it looks so cool I have to, my second team member was Ralts, because I love Gardevoir and wanted to use it. I caught a Shroomish in Petalburg woods, and I kept it long enough until it evolved into Breloom later, but sadly I boxed it after Normans gym because of type repetition. (I still love you Shroomy) In Granite Cave I caught a Zubat and trained it up to be a Crobat, I didn't want to use another normal/flying type again as my flyer, so I decided to use Crobat. Next up was Electrike, who I sadly boxed fairly early because I'm not the biggest fan of Manectric, there's not much to say about her. Then after I got the bike from Mauville I could finally get an Aron in Granite Cave, so I did, very excited for her to evolve into Aggron. Next was Trapinch after I got the goggles to go into the desert, I've never used Flygon so I decided I should. Finally, Corphish, I think that Crawdaunt is super cool and underrated and in my opinion it's the superior water/dark type from Hoenn.

    So my final team when everyone is fully evolved will be Blade the Sceptile Gardenia the Gardevoir Crabby the Crawdaunt Iron the Aggron ZuZu the Crobat Lotus the Flygon

    submitted by /u/ObamasLastName456
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question regarding platinum.

    Posted: 16 May 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    About to play platinum for the first time and I'm wondering if there is anything important for me to know. For example the locations of rare Pokémon with low encounter rates and or w.e. I've always heard great things about this one, I definitely can't wait to see what it has to offer.

    submitted by /u/TM-O6
    [link] [comments]

    Monotype Crystal Run (pick my Starter/Type)

    Posted: 16 May 2021 09:47 AM PDT

    Hey! I'm going to play Crystal version, as I just bought it from the E-Shop... (just finished yellow)

    To shake things up, I was wanting to play a monotype team, so I want you guys to vote on my starter. (Which I'll then only catch Pokémon it shares a type with)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/EvanSevenEleven
    [link] [comments]

    Umbreon��

    Posted: 16 May 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    Hi what do you think? I think umbreon looks like a black cat best but i know everyone has a different opinion on this. What do you think about umbreon? Write it down in a comment. If you like, you can also comment what is your favorite pokemon. Amd thank you so much for loving my drawings so much.☺️

    submitted by /u/PVivi007
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment