• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 9, 2021

    Pokémon What Pokémon do you think got kinda screwed by game freak?

    Pokémon What Pokémon do you think got kinda screwed by game freak?


    What Pokémon do you think got kinda screwed by game freak?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:27 AM PDT

    What Pokémon do you guys think got screwed by Nintendo? I still have a hard time sleeping when I think about the 3D version of typhlosion, such a great design ruined by a stupid decision. So I was just kinda curious which Pokémon you good people of Reddit thought got done wrong.

    submitted by /u/MoneyMan_13
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Pseudo Legendary ?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    Favorite Pseudo Legendary? (If your's is Dragapult, Kommo-o or Goodra say in the comments, didn't fit in poll) Mine personally is Hydreigon. Mild Gen 5 bias but also the Hydra concept is really good in my opinion. Plus since it's buffs in Gen 8 (getting Nasty Plot) it is a lot better in battle too. Two tied for close second are Dragapult and Metagross, cuz Dragapult is based on a Stealth Bomber and Metagross is just plain cool.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/RedSkyAtNight742
    [link] [comments]

    Spinda's base stat total is 360; intentional or not, this is a pun on spinning in a circle 360°

    Posted: 08 May 2021 06:14 PM PDT

    Was it intentional? Spinda's base stats are 60 for each stat, which makes it seem like it was created to be an easy meme. And Spinda is a meme, right? Low base stat, bad move pool... The whole thing has to be a joke. Has anyone actually used Spinda in a game?

    submitted by /u/Metammetta
    [link] [comments]

    What if gym leaders and other important trainers reacted to your Pokemon?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    Now I'm sure most of us know about how Leon reacts to us using eternatus in his battle for becoming champion, but what if other characters did this? What if your rival reacted to you having your starter evolved before his? What about the gym leaders seeing you use their ace Pokemon? I feel there are a lot of possibilities in this. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Bananabot2025
    [link] [comments]

    Which Future Gen Roster Would Be Better?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    I bet we're going to see something special in Gen 9 and/or 10, possibly in a similar vein to the 3rd and 5th Gens. Though it's questionable if we'll ever get rosters of 150+ anymore.

    Similar to how Gold/Silver, or even Gens 4 or 5 could've been the last games, let's pretend for a moment that the next Gen will be THE LAST Pokemon Games [at least for a while longer than three or four years].

    What would you want the games to have?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Uggz2020
    [link] [comments]

    Some random kid had what looked like Arceus and beat up my dear Heracross

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:22 AM PDT

    After this event he even took all my rent money, now i have to decide between paying for my house to giving my heracross the surgery he needs to live. I live in unova so not all PokeCenter perks are free for us here. On top of that my landlord is getting on my ass for not having rent. Please help me, Id hate to turn to a life of crime like my mother.

    submitted by /u/edgy-potato-salad
    [link] [comments]

    Which Pokémon Would You Love To Give a Specific Move?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:18 AM PDT

    I just thought about that: if you could give one existing move to a Pokémon what would it be?

    Shuckle is one of my favorite Pokémon and I used very frequently in those B/W days, so I'd love to give it Body Press, to make it a little more offensive lol.

    Or I'd give Spiritomb Sludge Wave or Flash Cannon to deal with those fairies.

    English is not my first language, therefore I hope that my text is not that awful to read.

    submitted by /u/uslars
    [link] [comments]

    What Main series Pokémon game do you think Has the best Box art?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    What game do you think has the best box art. Please no Biases. And also i think box art are more important than the legendaries themselves while the box art legendaries are important I personally believe the most important part is the font and the the background and the color of the boxes/ cases. Also if your favorite is a 3rd version or if it's a remake or if it's Black2 and White2, Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun And Ultra Moon, Let's go Pikachu and Eevee or Sword and shield put in the comments.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Raichu69420
    [link] [comments]

    Fun (Useless) Fact About Grass Starters

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    Ever since Generation 3 and Generation 4 introduced moves Leaf Blade) and Wood Hammer) respectively every subsequent Grass starter has been able to learn one of these 2 moves, with every uneven numbered Generation Grass starter (Gen3/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up), 5/Generation_V_learnset) and 7/Generation_VII_learnset#By_leveling_up)) being able to learn Leaf Blade while every even numbered (Gen 4/Generation_IV_learnset), 6/Generation_VI_learnset) and8)) being able to learn Wood Hammer.

    Basically it switches between a Starter being able to learn Leaf Blade and Wood Hammer.

    Generation 3, 5 and 7

    Sceptile/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up)

    Serperior/Generation_V_learnset)

    Decidueye/Generation_VII_learnset#By_leveling_up)

    Generation 4, 6 and 8

    Torterra/Generation_IV_learnset)

    Chestnaught/Generation_VI_learnset)

    Rillaboom)

    For 6 Generations of Pokemon games this streak has not been broken so I'd say it's safe to assume that the next (Generation 9) Grass starter will be able to learn Leaf Blade. So if anyone is already theorizing on what the next Generation Pokemon could look like then this would be a nice indicator where to start to look.

    submitted by /u/blyzer97
    [link] [comments]

    Hear Me Out, Team Rocket is Not Completely Incompetent

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:48 AM PDT

    Having reached Diamond and Pearl in the Pokemon Anime, I've noticed something very important about Jessie, James, and Meowth, they actually are quite talented in many areas of their lives. Jessie continually makes it into the semi-finalists, and finalist rounds of Pokemon Contests, often without cheating, and if I remember right, they have made a killing selling painted bottle caps from James' collection (They have a TALKING Meowth for goodness sake!).

    So the question is, why do they continually fail? Simple, it's their competition. Almost every time they attack, they go up against Ash and his Pikachu. Ash continually makes it close to the finals of Pokemon tournaments. Team Rocket doesn't fail because they're incompetent, they fail because they go after their better again and again. Not even Butch and Cassidy can ever win when it comes to Ash and his friends.

    If Team Rocket could learn to let go of their obsession with catching Pikachu, and bother somebody else, or do something else entirely, make an honest living, I have no doubt they could be quite successful.

    But as it stands, as long as they continue to antagonize Ash and his friends, they'll never get anywhere. Team Rocket is talented, but as long as they keep applying their gifts to attack an opponent to which they can never overcome (an opponent who just may be the very best, like no one ever was), they will never get anywhere.

    submitted by /u/rgii55447
    [link] [comments]

    Which is your least favourite Pokemon?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 09:33 AM PDT

    For me is Geodude. It has poor movepool, poor stats save of defence, which makes him a punching bag, and it's basically a rock with hands, and the fact that, in order to fully unlock his potential as a Golem you have to trade him it's a huge turn off for me (mostly because i live in an area Where the Pokemon fandom is almost inexistent)

    submitted by /u/StayMoist64
    [link] [comments]

    Insane Luck

    Posted: 09 May 2021 09:50 AM PDT

    So basically I hatched my Togepi egg today in Pokemon HeartGold. I went to train it against some level 6 Woopers and Mareeps. It levelled up a bit and learnt metronome. The moves I got with Metronome were Luster Purge, Spacial Rend and Roar of Time. All in a row!! Anyone else got similar experiences?

    submitted by /u/FiendFyre00
    [link] [comments]

    What country would you want the Generation IX games to be based off of?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    Personally, I would really enjoy Spain/Mexico or Greece/Rome. I think Spanish or Mexican culture would translate really well to the Pokémon world, but I also think Gamefreak could do something really awesome with Greek or Roman Gods or something similar. On that same wave, I think Egypt would be pretty cool, with the Egyptian Gods and, more importantly, the Pyramids, but I want to hear what you all have to say! So let me know what countries you want to see a region based off of!

    submitted by /u/FFFlanieldanagan
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Transfering a pokemon from Leaf Green up to Home

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    So I have a shiny Moltres on my Leaf Green cartridge that I would like to bring all the way up to Home. I have all the games and all the consoles (DS Lite, 3DS, Switch Lite) but I never transfered a single Pokémon in all these years. What is the fastest way for me to do it? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/errylissio
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get black/white or X/Y for my 3DS?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    Played the old games. I have alpha sapphire and soul silver. Tried out moon and I didn't like the story, though I liked the game play. I have a 3DS and I don't really want to buy a switch. Which one would you buy? They are all about the same price currently (within a few £)

    And which one? Black or white? Or X or Y?

    submitted by /u/jade333
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there B&W2 pokemon overworld sprites available while you can't have your pokemon following you?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    Hello there!

    I don't know if I can link it so I won't until someone tells me it's right to. But I just came across B&W2 pokemon overworld sprites but I remembered that I was not able to have my Pokemon following me when I played this game back then. Where do these come from? At first I thought about HGSS but I figured out that the 5G overworld sprites were present too!

    Thanks in advance I have no clue.

    submitted by /u/PrestigiousRepublic7
    [link] [comments]

    Nintendo Switch ports for older Pokémon games.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    I really wish that Nintendo would port the older Pokémon games into the Nintendo Switch. I would literally pay the full $60 price per game if I had to. I just want to re-experience the games of my childhood. I know there are emulators but a simple Switch port would be more preferable and reliable for a general audience. There is some hope since they have ported Pokémon games before, but as of now I haven't seen any sources claiming that we will be receiving older ports on the Switch. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/PointlesslyPosting
    [link] [comments]

    I made a survey about what people likes the most in Pokémon. Here are the results

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Check the answers here

    Hi
    So some time ago I made a survey about what people like the most in Pokémon and here are the results. Thanks to everyone who took time to fill the survey. Let me know what you think of the results.

    I'm also working on a second survey that I'll post here too ( if I can )
    Anyway I hope everyone have a good day / night and again thanks to everyone who filled the survey !

    submitted by /u/Deatheption
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Reccomendedations

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    I was born in the 1990s. My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Blue. My older brother got Pokemon Red. I used to never use items, other than Pokeballs, so I kind of always did challenge runs. My favorite Pokemon was Silver. It's the damn standard I compare all Pokemon to. I stopped playing after Silver. Just, well, stopped. Played Stadium 1 and 2 and ALWAYS wanted to play Collesium and Gale of Darkness but never did.

    Flash forward, 20 years, I buy Pokemon Sword out of Nostaglia. It's...boring. I got really into Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Digitial Devil Saga, Persona 3, 4, &5, and Digimon World 1-3 + Cyberslueth. Aftet all that, Pokemon Sword felt empty. Like, do you know type advantage? Congratulations: you win.

    I don't mean to shit, by the way. If that's your jam, all the more power to fucking you. You do you, man.

    But it just wasn't my scene. I know pieces of what I missed: gods of fire and water, air dragons, the God of Pokemon, dimension hoping, sliding into other timelines, and Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves. But, I never played it.

    Now, what would you recommend? Not just official. Heck, I am personally more interested in fan content. If you were gonna be like "yo, sis, take a hit of this," what would it be? I'm all ears.

    submitted by /u/Josh_From_Accounting
    [link] [comments]

    Something that I've been meaning to ask since 2013

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    Anyone else remember all that crap in Kalos that year? That terrorist organisation, Team Flare claimed they were going to "end the world and start anew" or some shit. I don't know how true that is, but what I do know is that they ruined my bloody road trip. What I'm asking is, has one of those "evil teams" you hear the media bang on about made your life worse somehow? Here's my story.

    I was on a road trip with my team across Eurosa and I remember seeing the news, terrorist attacks left and right. When I crossed the border into Anistar, Flare was occupying the Pokeball factory, and I'd used my current stash in Deutcho. I couldn't catch any goddamn native pokemon because the shortage lasted 3 months. Online sellers shipping Silph Co. balls from Pokepan got bought up by scalpers using Porygon2 everytime a new shipment came in, to rub salt in the wound.

    But that's just the start. When I arrived in Lumiose, they were the source of another major problem for me. Never mind the trash, or the homelessness, or the pickpockets, or the Kantonian tourists having mental breakdowns, the worst bit of my stay in this city was that half the city's power was out, and only locals could enter those districts, for whatever reason. It finally came back on, and the papers next day said that Flare had occupied the power stations in the badlands and siphoned that shit off.

    The worst thing, however, was when I was leaving Geosenge to go to Courmarine, and planning to move onward to Galar via the Galarian Channel tunnel. Those red suited fuckers hijacked every TV station and Holo Caster frequency to show off what I thought was some shitty CGI of a glass flower over a destroyed Geosenge along with the propaganda I mentioned at the top of this post. The region then went wild. There was looting and riots in every city, and the tunnel was closed after a fifty-car crash killed several people and Pokemon who were trying to escape to Galar, so I was stuck in Kalos for another six weeks. At least those teenage vigilantes sorted the direct threat out in the end. I don't know why I was sceptical at first, maybe it was denial.

    One more thing, where was the Kalosian military, human government and Pokemon association during all this? Sure it was great those kids stopped 'em, but why them and not the Gym Leaders, the supposed authority figures of the towns they're based in? Unless it works differently to Unova, when I was touring there in 2011, the First Plasma Crisis was going on and they were on the front lines against Team Plasma.

    Thanks for reading my little rant and I hope you'll share your stories about us regular folk being put out by "evil teams".

    submitted by /u/Devilsgramps
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite starter trio?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    Vote for the best trio considering all three starters, not just because one of them is awesome. I cant include alola and galar because of the poll option limit so if you wanna vote for either of them just leave a comment

    Also, comment down below why you like that starter trio if theres a reason. I like the hoenn trio because they are amazing and really cool. Blaziken is my least favorite of the three, and the word id use to describe it is awesome

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Daninator375
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for specific eeveelution art

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    I remember seeing a particular piece of art where if you looked at it from one angle it would all be eevees but if you looked at it from a different angle they all changed into different eveelutions. I can not seem to find it online but I really want to buy it.

    submitted by /u/KPG2000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment