• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    Pokémon Favorite Snake Pokemon?

    Pokémon Favorite Snake Pokemon?


    Favorite Snake Pokemon?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:54 AM PDT

    Hey fellow trainers, out of all the snake pokemon lines which is your favorite? Note - I didn't include the dragonite line or the Milotic line because they aren't snakes all the way through. I think my favorite would have to the Serperior line, mainly just because he was my first starter ever and I think the designs really cool.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/LuttLuck007
    [link] [comments]

    What are your thoughts on a Zoo tycoon-esque pokemon game?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    Just like the title says. I would enjoy a game like that, I think. One where you'd have to build up the environment and make em happy in their enclosure. Or even just a huge park with different biomes. Each environment would cater to certain types, and you'd have to place the right berry bushes around or something.

    submitted by /u/KittyofDicktapes
    [link] [comments]

    Which of the following animals would you like to see in future Pokemon designs

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    Currently, we have almost 900 Pokemon introduced since generation 1. However, it still blows my mind that there are so many popular/common animals that have not yet been designed as a Pokemon. I have picked a few popular/common unused animals down below (I had to combine two animals in one option due to the poll limit). Which of those would MOST want to see it appear as a Pokemon? If your favourite ununsed animal is not listed, please let me know in the comments below.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Alolan_Teddiursa
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon you love that others hate?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    A few days ago (I think, time is nothing to me anymore) I made a post asking "what is a Pokemon you hate that others love?" (by the way in that post I listed Gardevoir as an example for me and now my opinion on it has completely flipped, it's my favorite Fairy type now lol). So now I'm doing a reversal: What is a Pokemon that most people hate or dislike, that you have a soft spot for?

    First up: Eiscue. This Pokemon gets a lot of flack for being boring and lazy. And like, it isn't the most interesting design, but c'mon: Look at how chill he is. There's something about the simplicity that I really like about (well maybe because I'm not good at visualizing complex designs so I generally prefer simpler things). He has a pretty cool ability too. I just think he gets too much hate when, despite being a somewhat lazy design, he doesn't look that bad and is actually pretty nice.

    Second, I have Incineroar and Emboar. Incineroar and Emboar are both Pokemon I can understand why they'd be hated on. They started on 4 legs, but then somehow ended up on two? I can definitely see the potential for a cool saber tooth tiger or a badass fighting wild hog. But to be honest: I love these guys. Incineroar's design is perfect to me, it's cool but not too humanoid (it almost is but the cartoony proportions save it for me). He has so much personality. In Pokemon Camp, Refresh, Smash Bros, he's always doing something cool or funny. With every motion and action he does, he does it with so much flair. I just think he's really cool. And while Emboar isn't as cool as Incineroar for me, I still really like him. I love when Fire types incorporate actual fire into their design and I think Emboar does it super well. A beard made of fire. Now that's awesome. I feel like he gets too much hate for being the 3rd Fire/Fighting in a row, which really isn't his fault. Despite sharing the typing with two others, I feel like he's distinct enough in his own way. While Infernape looks speedy and nimble, Emboar is slow and bulky, a tank. I think these two starters are dope.

    Last, but not least, and probably the most surprising: Zubat. Obviously when people catch a Zubat, they're doing it to get their hands on the badass Crobat, myself included. But personally, Zubat is...oddly cute to me? Something about it's lack of eyes and little mouth makes him charming. There's not much to it, I just don't hate it, although Crobat is definitely better. Golbat is goofy looking though.

    What about you?

    submitted by /u/DragonTypeEnjoyer
    [link] [comments]

    TIL During the tag team battle, Steven's Skarmort will poison your Pokemon if its ability is Guts

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:36 PM PDT

    So I was on my nth time replaying Pokemon Emerald and during the tag team battle with Steven at Mossdeep City, I sent out my Guts Heracross with his Skarmory. To my pleasant surprise, he actually used Toxic against my Heracross to increase its attack (it was already on low health so it did not really affect the battle).

    Are there any other NPCs that employ this kind of strategy? I know Norman from the same game uses Skill Swap Spinda with his Slaking.

    submitted by /u/shucklerocks
    [link] [comments]

    Does the new exp share ruin the game?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:01 AM PDT

    I've enjoyed the exp share since they changed it to give exp to all of your pokemon, but apparently alot of people think this is one of the things that makes the newer games bad. Personally I always hated level grinding in pokemon, something about these games specifically makes it feel so slow l, so I was glad when they changed it.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Long_Live_The_Lads
    [link] [comments]

    What type combination do you think it has a great potential but almost no Pokémon has it or it is squandered?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    I'll go first: ground-grass. there is one single Pokémon that has this combination that is Torterra. it only has 4 weakness, ice, fire, bug and flying, all of them being perfectly counterable with a rock type move, and also it can access to devastating moves as, earthquake, wood hammer, petal dance, power whip, earth power and fissure

    edit: I didn't meant that torterra has access to those moves but a pokemon that has that type combination could learn those moves

    submitted by /u/glez_fdezdavila_
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your “the one that got away story”?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:05 AM PDT

    We all have that one pokemon that popped up in the wild and ran away. Whether it be a very high level mon or. Shiny or whatever it may be, for me it was shiny spiritomb. It wasn't in the wild, but it came during last Halloween's event. The reward for the final challenge was spiritomb and I had no berries and only 20 pokeballs. Well needless to say I used them all and no catch. Then my phone fell, broke and was unusable. By the time I got it fixed and turned back on days later; I was unable to get the spiritomb again.

    submitted by /u/MTPokitz
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 244: Lillipup, Herdier, Stoutland

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    (Intro and explanation: I am coming up with 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or evolutionary line of Pokémon every day until the last one has been covered (as of right now, that would be Spectrier). I am going in Pokédex order and I will skip any Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. This means that I will skip any Pokémon or evolutionary line that has a move only they can learn in a natural way (through leveling up, not a TM, breeding, tutors, events, etc. The only exception to these are if the Pokémon is still the only one to get it, even if it is obtained in an unnatural way (such as Rayquaza with Dragon Ascend)). I will count every Pokémon by their most recent moveset, which means that if a Pokémon that isn't present in the current generation (let's say Greninja) but shares a move with a Pokémon that currently has a signature move (such as Accelgor), I will still cover both Pokémon. Signature Z-Moves and G-Max moves don't count. I have already given a move to every Pokémon from generation 1, 2, 3 and 4. Also, I don't make moves for Pokémon just to make them better in battle. While it may make them more usable or better, it is not my goal to do that. This is all just for fun.)

    Lillipup, Herdier and Stoutland's move is called Trust Thrash, a Normal-Type Physical move with 50 base power, 100% accuracy and 20 PP. The higher the user's friendship with the trainer, the higher the chance of a critical hit.

    Before I continue, yes, if the friendship is at its maximum, Trust Thrash will always result in a critical hit every time.

    I found it very difficult to come up with a move for these Pokémon. I already covered some other dog Pokémon, but they have interesting stuff about them. Arcanine is known as the Legendary Pokémon and is extremely friendly and loyal. Granbull is a Fairy-Type bulldog, that may not be saying much but it was quite easy for me to think of a move for it. Houndoom is a literal Hellhound. The only dog-Pokémon I still have to give a move to after Stoutland's line, is the Boltund line, but again, I can easily think of something for an electric dog. (And no, Lycanroc is not a dog, it's a wolf.) Stoutland just has very little work with compared to the other dog Pokémon.

    I just went with this because of the general idea of dogs being very loyal to their owners. Herdier's Pokédex entries state that Herdier may have been one of the first Pokémon to bond and work together with humans, so a friendship-based move seemed the most logical for these Pokémon in my mind. So yeah, it's a pretty unoriginal move, even if there isn't a move that works like this yet. If you have better ideas, I'd love to hear them.

    Anyways, the reason Trust Thrash increases its critical hit rate when the user's friendship with the trainer is higher, is because the user has more faith in their trainer. They trust their trainer more to make the right decisions in a battle, so they aren't as afraid to attack opponents as they otherwise might have been. I know it's a dumb reason, but it's better than no reason at all. So yeah, I have an open mind for this one, please share your ideas if you have any. :)

    I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas. And if you have your own ideas I'd love to hear them. Even if they're for Pokémon I already covered. If you have an idea that I like more than my own current idea for that Pokémon's move, I might use your idea instead (with your consent, of course).

    submitted by /u/Noodnood966
    [link] [comments]

    What Pokémon Do You Think Cynthia First Started With?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    Like the title asks, what do you think was Cynthia's first pokémon? In the games, it is implied that she began her pokémon journey at a young age, which is a background story similar to the player character's own. If that is true, what pokémon do you think became her first partner? Did she receive a starter pokémon from Professor Rowan? If so, which starter did she choose? If not, what pokémon was first given to her, or what pokémon did she first catch? If she caught her first pokémon, then presumably she caught it with the help of someone else or someone else's pokémon, like how Wally catches his first pokémon in the Hoenn games.

    Here is a link to a poll for this question.

    The poll has several options:

    • Turtwig
    • Chimchar
    • Piplup
    • Eevee
    • Gible
    • Budew
    • Riolu
    • Shellos
    • Togepi
    • Bidoof
    • Other

    If you don't like any of the pokémon choices available and choose Other, please comment here with your choice.

    submitted by /u/A_la_Kazaam
    [link] [comments]

    Which Pokémon from which game do you think only you and maybe a very small handful of other people have?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:35 AM PDT

    Allow me to begin. As an avid Pokémon Go player, I would say the answer for me would be shiny Alolan Muk because I don't know much about which ones are rare but when I look it up, most places say shiny alolan grimer is the rarest shiny and shinies are rare so that's my lame answer. I hope yours are better.

    submitted by /u/MTPokitz
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get blast burn, hydro cannon and frenzy plant in Pokémon sword and shield?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    Ya know how u can teach a fully evolved starter Pokémon blast burn, hydro cannon or frenzy plant depending on what type it is? Well I was wondering if this is possible in sword and shield, i taught my delphox how to use blast burn in X and Y & I was if I could maybe teach my rillaboom how to use frenzy plant or blast burn 2 my charizard or hydro cannon 2 my blastiose or frenzy plant 2 my venasour etc. Would anybody know if u can find someone who will teach these moves to your fully evolved starter Pokémon in sword and shield or does sword and shield HAVE a move tutor?

    submitted by /u/Commercial-Conflict6
    [link] [comments]

    Is it bad that I like… all the games?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:34 AM PDT

    Forewarning: this is kinda a rant.

    I feel like I see a lot of "oh these games are so much better than these other games and these other games suck" and I totally understand that people may not like a specific game, there's nothing wrong with that! Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I could pick up anything from Red/Blue to Sword/Shield and have a great time.

    Sure, there's things I like differently about each one, like the nostalgic chip tune beats of the Gameboy era, but some of the music still slaps in Sword and Shield, they're using leitmotifs like never before. The battle system is more refined than ever now, with ability capsules and nature mints, which I absolutely love, but there's something just plain fun about going back to those earlier games and running through the battle towers and such.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is, I hope there's other people like me out there, sometimes I feel like I'm alone in thinking this. I have fond memories of every generation, 1 through 8. Anyhow, I hope you have a marvelous day, and happy catching!

    TL;DR: I love Pokémon

    submitted by /u/Present_Ad_5127
    [link] [comments]

    What is your wishlist for Pokemon legends Arceus?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    So Pokemon Legends sounds really interesting and really good. What do we know about it exactly? What are your predictions about the game? I want to hear your thoughts. Here is my wishlist for the game.

    1. A good and interesting story
    2. Give other legendaries and mythicals a role in the story. It would make sense for Palkia, Dialga and Giratina to have a role
    3. Lots of sidequests
    4. An open world with tons to see and do

    Also, are we even gonna be able to battle other trainers?

    submitted by /u/DaneCz123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment