• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 18, 2021

    Pokémon Would you like a region based on a country in africa

    Pokémon Would you like a region based on a country in africa


    Would you like a region based on a country in africa

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    I think theres so much untapped potential in africa. so many cultures, environments and folklores. Making a region would be a cake walk. Id like them to make a region out of 2 or 3 neighboring countries so it would be more diverse. But the whole continent as one region would be kinda dumb so i think one country should be chosen. which one would you want?

    edit: yall need to realize theres more in egypt than pyramids. and theres more to africa in general than egypt please :'D

    edit 2: reading through the comments made me realize how little some people know about an entire continent.

    submitted by /u/MicaMicaMica12
    [link] [comments]

    I made a spreadsheet to tell you what types your team doesn't cover.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:19 AM PDT

    Link to the Spreadsheet

    Just File -> Make a Copy.

    Will probably add to it eventually.

    DM me suggestions of things to add to this in subsequent versions. I'm planning on trying to implement the whole Ghost -> Psychic is x0 in Gen. I with a little check or something.

    You can have this and make it available offline with Google Sheets. All the formulas will still work.

    I stg if this isn't enough words.

    submitted by /u/RichieKYT
    [link] [comments]

    Which of the following Pokemon needs an evolution in Gen 9

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    Every generation of Pokemon games introduce a set of new Pokemon and almost in every generation, these new sets of Pokemon include a new evolution to previously existing Pokemon, either for competitive reasons or for the sake of popularity. However, even after all these years, there are a lot of Pokemon out there that do not have an evolution and I believe it certainly wouldn't hurt to give them one. If Gamefreak decides to give an evolution to one of the following 5 Pokemon, which Pokemon would you pick?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Alolan_Teddiursa
    [link] [comments]

    What country should Gen 9 be based on?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    Based on previous Pokémon Pokédex entries, the first two seems likely. Many of us wanted non-Japan and US based regions and lores. Other countries on these lists seem highly too based on many fanmade Pokémon based on those countries. Hopefully we get a Greek regions, the idea of Pokémon based on Greek mythology would be awesome. Although, I'm running out of ideas of what the new mechanics should be. Tell me what you all think.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Sjonathon92
    [link] [comments]

    Torkoal Mystery gift code, useable until the 19th

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    Because of the Decisive Battle tournament in Japan there is currently agiveaway based on the Torkoal used by the winner. It's level 50 with the moves: Burning Jealousy, Body Press, Yawn, and Protect.

    The mystery gift code is for sword and shield, the code is: (PJCS2020CHAMP) and useable until the 19th.

    submitted by /u/malascus
    [link] [comments]

    What's a Pokemon you used to hate/love but now feel the opposite for?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    Just as the title says. What's a Pokemon you used to dislike but came to love over time or vice versa and why? Mine is Goomy and his evolutions. When XY came out, I got so annoyed at him constantly popping up, but a few years later and Goodra is part of my team.

    submitted by /u/SpinnyChairofDoom
    [link] [comments]

    What spin-off series would you like to see/dream to work on and put onto the Switch

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    With Pokémon as massive as it is, the Switch's end nowhere in sight, and the likes of Snap, Mystery Dungeon, Pokken and other games outside of the generation/region games (and knowing half of you would just say colosseum anyways) what other spin-off titles from the past would you like to see continue their lives on the Switch, and do you have any of your own story and mechanic ideas to make them new and enticing?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Mega_Swampert_18
    [link] [comments]

    Scariest Pokemon ever????

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 02:40 AM PDT

    I've got an interview tomorrow and I need to do a presentation on a subject of my choice. I've decided to do it on the scariest Pokemon, mainly based on origin stories and the Pokedex entries. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what they think their scariest Pokemon is?

    submitted by /u/LucieTeresa
    [link] [comments]

    Competitive wise, do you prefer mega Pokémon or Dynamax?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 12:08 AM PDT

    I think as a topic this is something I'm quite curious about. Mega Pokémon are well beloved and Dynamax sadly doesn't match it but in terms of competitive Battling I feel the two are equal. But I do want to know what people value over the other. For example I like mega Pokémon being major buff towards weaker Pokémon like Mawile but I dislike how it hamper team building so much.

    submitted by /u/MiuIruma332
    [link] [comments]

    Efficient Berry Farming for Sword/Shield (Tips)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    I recently got Pokemon Sword, and I've already amassed a ton of berries for making curry. I found a method for getting the most berries possible from berry trees without making Pokemon drop and attack

    The first thing to mention is to pay attention to the leaves after you shake a tree. There's one of three things that can happen:

    • The leaves don't shake

    • The leaves shake once every 2-3 seconds

    • The leaves shake once every second

    What I've found to be consistent is to use this to indicate when to stop shaking the tree so you don't encounter a Pokemon, since you lose some berries from battling. When the leaves start shaking every second, shake the tree once more, then stop. When that happens is RNG, and what you get and how much isn't guaranteed

    Another thing to mention is once you shake a tree, you will have to wait until the next day for them to regrow. This can be sped up by adjusting your Switch's date, but if you roam around a wild area enough, that won't be necessary

    I know Sword and Shield have been out for a while, and this may be old news to some, but I figured I'd share it anyway, just in case someone new needed it

    submitted by /u/Zer0Studioz
    [link] [comments]

    They say eberh pokemon is someone's favorite.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    So let's do an experiment.

    Comment here a pokemon you really dislike and why you hate it so much.

    And if you see someone comment the name of a pokemon you really like, reply to it saying you really like it and say why youike it so much.

    And yes, I worded it like that because of the 50 character minimum.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_GOOD_USERNAMS
    [link] [comments]

    Should there be more NPCs that have a team that tells something about them?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    With there being so many species of Pokemon, I think it's very possible for a NPC's team of Pokemon in themselves to be part of their character. This, of course, is barring NPCs in more competitive facilities, like the Isle of Armor's monotype challenges or the Battle Tower. But otherwise, I think there's real potential for there to be something subtle - or maybe even overt - to be said about an NPC through their team of Pokemon, even if they only have one specimen on their team.

    Another idea is to have more NPCs with a team that all follow a motif, rather than a type. I think a lot of trainer classes do this already, but what about something like a trainer that specializes in species that resemble beetles? They'd use stuff like Ledyba and Volbeat, but also maybe Pinsir, Heracross, Orbeetle, and Vikavolt.

    Or maybe there could be an NPC that specializes in femininity, and could use Nidoqueen, Jynx, Blissey, Salazzle, and/or Vespiquen, whereas an NPC that specializes in masculinity could use species like Tauros, Nidoking, Braviary, and/or a male Pyroar.

    I think the idea of a straight-up gym leader/elite four member that uses a motif instead of a common type could be a great way for a future region to have an identifying characteristic, very similar to how Alola had the trials, or how Black/White only featured species introduced in that generation. This would be opposed to taking a prior region and remaking it with this concept applied. For example, taking Agatha and making her team focused on death and grief (e.g. including a Dusknoir and a Marowak in her team) instead of just a ghost-type theme - that sort of change seems unlikely compared to applying such a theme to a new gym leader/elite four member altogether.

    Or, maybe I'm just overthinking something that's already in place. Either way, part of what I love about every new generation is the new trainer classes, and what sort of Pokemon they use to fit that motif.

    submitted by /u/mie11004
    [link] [comments]

    Something badass about Groudon

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    His arch nemesis is Kyogre, and they have battled throughout history, almost ending the world, but they seem to be equal strength considering one has not beaten the other that I know of. But, Kyogres type counters Groudon, meaning Groudon is so strong, he can go toe to toe with a legendary being like himself that has a major type at advantage on him, and still not have a winner be decided! I think that's pretty badass

    submitted by /u/Ok-Chemistry-3373
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone identify this Togepi toy/speaker/figure? C. Late 90s/Early 00’s.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    Togepi in question: https://imgur.com/a/jKLb6nQ

    I picked him up at a thrifty little toy store. He's pretty dirty and I've pressed the "reset" button on his back to no effect so far.

    All of my creative google searches come up empty. Anyone know this little guy?

    Bottom on speaker thing says:

    "© 1995, 1996, 1998Nintendo. TM & ® Nintendo ®, TM , &©2000 Tiger China. All rights reserved."

    And:

    "Rating: 4.5V = (DC) 0.15W Battery: 3 x LR44 or G13A"

    submitted by /u/SarahLightandDark
    [link] [comments]

    Why does everyone hate gen 6

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    I saw a poll a few days ago asking what everyone's favorite generation of pokemon was and in the poll description, gen 6 and some other one were not included because according to the author they would probably not be that high up, so this made me question why do people not like gen 6 because I love it although I might be a little biased because it has my favorite eeveeloution (Sylveon) and also my other favorite second stage pokemon (Braixen) if it is because of comp then let me know because I don't know much about comp

    submitted by /u/FNAF4LIFEE2020
    [link] [comments]

    New discord?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    Hey Guys I'm just a lover of pokemon and rarely have people to speak to about it I was thinking about creating a discord server where people could chat and talk about different runs they've done or even do runs together I was just wondering if I do anyone would join?

    submitted by /u/CasualZoroark1
    [link] [comments]

    Gen 7 GTS

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    So I have recently tried to complete my ultra sun pokedex, and I have found that the GTS keeps crashing whenever I even hover over some trades. It's weird because when I first played the game I never had this issue, can anyone help and or explain what is going on

    submitted by /u/Subnauticsquirrel
    [link] [comments]

    I need some USUM help

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    So, I need a solid team that can both take down the league and Ultra Necrozma. I have a few Pokémon in mind, but not a full team. I want to use Zoroark, for its ability, and Mimikyu for its ability, as well as Primarina. I need suggestions that do not overlap types (So no Water, Fairy, or Dark types) and yes I am aware that Mimikyu and Primarina share Fairy, and Zoroark and Mimikyu share Dark. I also want to utilize Malamar with the ability Contrary, paired with the move Superpower. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/TheKingofKFC
    [link] [comments]

    Read the text post before voting, as it'll be informative.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    For the past two days, I've been toying with the idea of writing a Pokémon novel (unofficial, obviously). Two of the main characters will be a male teenager (not necessarily a trainer) and a Riolu (I'm too biased not to have my favorite Pokémon in this).

    However, I still need a two more Pokémon in my cast. I've selected some options that I think would be a good fit, trying to keep types as varied as possible.

    HOWEVER. If you think there's a Pokémon that would be good, please leave it in the comments. (Keep in mind that it will be in its first form, so if you say Bisharp, it will start out as a Pawniard) If you see a comment with a Pokémon you want, Upvote on it.

    Last but not least. I will pick the two most voted Pokémon, regardless of my personal preference. If there's a Pokémon in the comments that gets a lot of attention, I will also consider it, taking into account that I do want to keep the types varied if possible.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Lucario-ist
    [link] [comments]

    Real Life countries/regions I'm surprised not many people has made fan games/concepts for

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    When we think of a possible new fan game of our own: we usually think of either our home country/state/region, etc, or one of the popularly requested regions: Brazil, Egypt, China, India, Australia, Scandinavia, and so on. Although, our Earth is much bigger than that, and each corner of it has its own thing to offer, and its own inspirations for Pokemon, towns, characters and plot. I'll be listing some of the more underappreciated regions that really deserve to get fan games in this post.

    1 | Southeast Asia

    What do you get when you take a medium-sized corner of Asia, mix Chinese, Indian, and local culture, with a little bit of Arab on top? You get Southeast Asia. If you support a Chinese/Indian region, and can't decide between which, this place is for you. I would love to see what could be done with SE Asia, although I believe the mainland, Indonesia, and the Philippines should all be 3 separate regions.

    On that note, I am actually making a Southeast Asia based dex of my own, I'll probably post the finished dex here

    2 | Maghreb Region

    "Maghreb" is the name for the geographical region of northwestern Africa, including the countries of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Mauritania. There isn't just African/Arab culture/influence here, don't forget the amazing Roman and Carthaginian ruins, kept almost intact for how long they have survived. Don't forget the famous markets too.

    3 | Central Europe

    By Central Europe, I am referring to Germany and its neighbours. Being such a well known area of Europe, it surprises me that there aren't much concepts for a German based region. The architecture will make for some beautiful cities, and don't forget the music scene there too, from the classical age all the way to today's biggest EDM stages.

    4 | Russia

    Oh boy, where do I start, as such a big country, Russia is of course extremely diverse, not only in culture and ethnicity, but also wildlife. You can find small birds all the way to Russia's famous bears. It's so big it's probably best to reduce the region to just European Russia. Even then, there are still almost limitless Pokemon material.

    5 | South Africa and neighbours

    Everyone seems to want an Africa region, but even this and I'm surprised that I've not seen a region based on South Africa, Lesotho and Eswatini. Of course, it's Africa. There will be tons of lore, 'mon, and character material. Lots of the Pokemon based on African animals would also fit in, such as Pyroar or Donphan. They could also get regional forms, that act as their "true form" similar to Alolan Exeggutor. Each of the cultural regions of these countries could even become their own mini-regions, each with their own gym.

    I'd love to hear your opinions about this, and also your ideas for these regions. Or other real-life areas that should become Pokemon regions.

    submitted by /u/vitamin_deeeep
    [link] [comments]

    If the creation trio had a new form, how would it be?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    If theoretically. I think their abilities would be something like distorted time and distorted space for dialga and palkia, I don't know what would be with giratina. I think the ability of dialga would skip the turn of charge or recharge for some moves like dialga's roar of time. Then palkia is a harder one, but I think it's ability would make all moves that have a accuracy under 100 to be treated as if their accuracy was 100 (except ohok moves obviously), to sync with it's spatial rend.

    submitted by /u/ImpossibleHanley2
    [link] [comments]

    Please add me! I’m looking for an overpay trade and a gift buddy!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    Hello! I recently moved to Winter park , FL and saw people playing Pokémon GO! I got it a week ago and I have fell in love! I come to Salty Springs GA sometimes and love the environment! My code is 7819 2552 4458 and I'm looking for a gift buddy! Also I'm looking for some over pay Trades! If you're interested please add me! Thanks and have an amazing day!

    submitted by /u/Vicklander
    [link] [comments]

    Gen 9 country region based part 2

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    In case my previous choices of countries didn't get turn into a region, I made a secondary list. I love Italian culture too. As for why I picked Sahara Africa and Antarctica together, I pictured a desert region, one hot and one cold, but in this case, people actually living in the cold desert of Antarctica region, unlike real life. Canada cause I want to see a regional Bibarrel. Russia region I can pictured as been the biggest region. And the Nordic region, I'm sure many of us knows Nordic lores such as Thor, Loki, and Odin.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Sjonathon92
    [link] [comments]

    Gen9 pokemon region?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 01:09 AM PDT

    Hello there Pokèmon master! Now that you have caught all the pokemon on all the eight regions,obtained all of the badges. Are now the champion since you have won against Leon. I think you are getting pretty bored so you must choose the next region you would like to go in to :D !

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/TheGuiltyMimikyu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment