• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 22, 2020

    Pokémon Pokemon is a backward franchise and no excuses for that

    Pokémon Pokemon is a backward franchise and no excuses for that


    Pokemon is a backward franchise and no excuses for that

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    I know we're no longer in the mood to criticize Sword and Shield, but I'm not here to curse Sword and Shield, but to say that the franchise has long been behind in comparison.

    It seems that when the main games moved to 3D the delay became more evident, the games did not have the same content and whimsy as DS games like the post game, difficulty modes and other mechanics of the 4th and 5th generations even though it is a superior console . XY were said to be excellent entries in the series to 3D, but if you compare with other games in the franchise or other 3DS games you see a certain deficiency, I'm not saying that XY were bad games but you realize that they were trapped games.

    Then the time passed and the games continued without basic things for games like Modes of difficulty, better pos game and more content in general.

    They already stop to think that it is kind of ridiculous that only in 2019 we can control the camera of the game, really have character customization and the protagonist with more than one facial expression.

    It seems that the franchise always hides behind the excuse that they are for children, but Nintendo has taught us that family-oriented games do not need to lack content and polish.

    The solution will not be to set Game Freak on fire or wish Masuda to die, we have to remember and ask them that pokemon has several fans who want more, who deserve more, that children should not be underestimated and treated like idiots and that the franchise has a lot of potential for something big if they try hard.

    submitted by /u/fanSlowpoke
    [link] [comments]

    24 year old Pokemon Red save file !

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    Hi everyone ! Thought I would share with you - Yesterday after being told I have 3 months off work, I decided to do some cleaning in my shed. After coming across a very old box. I founded my old gameboy case. Inside was my turquoise game boy colour - with the adaptation light and Pokemon Red . I believe the game is 24 years old - and hasn't been played since I was a kid !

    So I just wanted to share my save file team who got me through my childhood years when I was a Pokemon master !

    1. Charizard - Charmander was my starter Pokemon. We went on the journey together ups and downs and he I believe was always my number one.

    2. Mewtwo - I remember saving my master ball for Mewtwo. When I came one to one to him in the cave where he lived - it was epic.

    3. Dragonite - I loved dragonite - he seemed such a friendly giant . I remember he use to live out at sea and light way for the boats. Almost like a living lighthouse . I had a lot of respect for dragonite . And still do.

    4. Tentacruel - Tentacruel was brutal. I used to be very fond of him and something about Tentacruel that made him be in my team.

    5. Pidgeot - i remember to this day - pidgey was the first Pokemon I ever caught. And he stayed with me throughout. I use to love the move Fly and I also though Pidgeot look really cool.

    6. Haunter - I am unsure why I never evolved him but Haunter was in my save file team. Perhaps he was there for elite 4 reasons - however I do like Haunter - something haunting about him. Lavender town I believe it's called Lavender tower - I never forget that theme music that came with it . Spooky.

    Please if you enjoyed my post ! I would love to hear your Pokemon red / blue 6 and why!

    submitted by /u/Dantaxi27
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] Machamp, but without beak

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Pokemon Movie 2000.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    I have plenty of time to watch this over the next few weeks :D

    Nostaliga!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnPp0hFgCI

    submitted by /u/mv1gaming2
    [link] [comments]

    Ash's Gengar is a Beast!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    In the latest episode of the anime, Ash faces off against a substitute gym leader while Lt. Surge is out of town. Her name is Vizques and she is using Surge's Raichu. Because of Ash's battle against surge back in the original series, surge learned that power isn't everything so they have been training it with speed as well. So much so that it gives Ash's pikachu trouble since it is fast and an evolved version of Pikachu.

    Because of that, Ash brings out an even faster pokemon, his gengar. This is his gengar's first official battle. And well... even though the title kind of spoils it, I think you should have a look yourself.

    https://streamable.com/mna0p

    God damn...

    submitted by /u/TheRealPdGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon 2019 18 - Satoshi's Dream Fight! The Pokémon World Championships!! Episode Discussion!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    I think soon gamefreak is gonna ditch route base maps for more open ended field.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    Generation 9 will probably go for controllable camera all the way now, rather than divide the camera to specific land.

    Espiecially how they are pushing on more field maps, promoting the wild area aswell as making the new DLC areas entirely a wild area, even indoors from what it seems, plus how lackluster routes layouts are becoming now.

    I'll definitely be better than sword and shield, because not only they already got their toes wet on a openworld-esque layout, but since is likely design around that the whole region will be base around it, you'll have way more diverse path, atleast the type of climate.

    submitted by /u/TheGoldminor
    [link] [comments]

    Descriptions for the back of league cards?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    What if we could write our own descriptions on league cards? It would make collecting others a lot more fun and enjoyable. Reading other league cards could be funny and cool, and it would give a reason to actually give a reason to click on that swap league cards feature.

    submitted by /u/WoomyEvo
    [link] [comments]

    So I'm kinda in a weird situation rn

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    So I got pokemon Soul Silver when I was 6. The thing is, 6 year old me screwed up the game so badly that I can't really go anywhere. I haven't even defeated the elite 4. I should probably reset the game, but its so sentimental that I can't bring myself to do it. I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone mind helping me out? Like, should I do it or should I not?

    submitted by /u/deobob1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else notice the lack of cameos in SwSh?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    In Sun and Moon, you couldn't bend your elbow without hitting a familiar character. I exaggerate of course, but it was really cool to see Grimsly and Colress, as well as Team Rainbow Rocket later on. Not to mention the Battle Tree. I don't think I can remember any from the XY days, but BW2 obviously had the Pokemon World Tournament, and even in DP we had Jasmine hanging out at Sunnyshore. Why do you think think they skipped out on this for the new games? And also let me know any other cool cameos I'm forgetting.

    submitted by /u/10billionth
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Four Rematches

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    It's been bugging me for quite some time now.

    Let's just take the Unova Elite Four as our example, as easy and normal don't make sense at all. (Note I've never actually played these games, as I started Pokémon on Gen 7, but from Bulbapedia I looked up their teams, so I may get some details wrong,).

    I totally get the idea of Gym Leader rematches, fighting the leaders at their full strength, as they couldn't go all out on you when you first started, as they have to test your strength from where you are. But, for the Elite Four, why do they use a stronger team of Pokémon when you rematch them?

    The reasoning behind this is that they got stronger as time went on, but you could immediately rematch them, and they suddenly use 2 extra Pokémon and they suddenly have them all 15 levels higher. What bothers me about this is that Elite Four had 2 extra Pokémon, maybe a bit weaker then but still ready to go but they hold back on using them.

    Although I understand this is a game mechanic, it doesn't make too much sense from a real-world point of view. Why, if these are the 4 strongest trainers in the world, would they be holding back in the first match when you've already proven your immense strength?

    What I would think would make this more reasonable is when you have a final team, your final goal, and then work their way up. Maybe give 1 hour breaks between each rematch, with a guy saying, "Oh, sorry, the Elite Four are training somewhere else," and when you get back, he's like, "Ok, they've just returned and are itching to battle you," and they gradually go up 2 levels or so, and when they add a new Pokémon, just make them say, "Oh, I've been training up someone new. He/She's ready to battle his/her first challenger, and I guess that person is you!"

    So, what do you think, are they holding back on purpose, or are they just stuffing their team with rare candies as soon as you become champion? Or do you have some other third opinion? I want answers, as this topic has bugged me for so, so long.

    submitted by /u/GummyMarkers
    [link] [comments]

    Survey - What do you think about the Rotom Dex?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    I've read discussions about the Rotom Dex of Pokemon Sun, Moon, Ultra-Sun and Ultra-Moon online - some users seem to like it, some seem to dislike it. However, these were just single opinions.

    I want to find out what the MAJORITY thinks.

    So I've made a short survey.

    If you played Pokemon Sun, Moon, Ultra-Sun or Ultra-Moon, I would appreciate your help. You can find the survey as a Google form here: https://forms.gle/74RJRwLXnQwUrpBTA

    I've limited it one response per Google account, but it's still anonymous.

    The survey consists of 3 pages. The first page is on informed consent to ask you for permission to make the results publicly available afterwards.

    On the second page are short questions on your opinion on the game(s) in general.

    On the last page are questions on the Rotom Dex.

    The survey should not take more than 2-3 minutes.

    I will post the results of the survey here after a couple of days (if I hopefully get enough answers to draw meaningful conclusions).

    Thanks for your help y'all!

    submitted by /u/DaraenRed
    [link] [comments]

    What I want for Pokémon in the future

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    So I want to share what I want for the future of Pokémon. I'll just get out the obvious things everyone basically wants: Multiple save files (the switch users don't count), better online, all Pokémon, more character customization, maybe some polishing on some models and graphics, and of course a difficulty option. Now it's time to share what I want.

    Open world value: The wild area gave me a taste of what a open world Pokémon game would feel like and it doesn't feel bad, though I don't want it to be extremely open world like BOTW but more like maybe a bigger wild area with different environments, landscapes, maybe a wild area that is similar to the one shown in the SwSh anime, y'know so the adventure feels more epic and awesome.

    Better story: I didn't mind SwSh's story but it was kinda like a carbon copy of SM. You have a nice guy rival, a edgy rival, a shy girl character, the professor is hot (I'm talking about Sonia not Magnolia), the evil team isn't actually evil, the main bad guy is just a CEO of a company, and the legendaries aren't really involved in the story except for the climax where they defeat the big monster. Yeah I bet they looked at SM and thought to try and remake it but sorta failed. I hope the next game we have a better story, they can keep some character traits like the nice guy rival or the hot professor character, but make a better story instead of tweaking a already great story.

    Better Characters: now the characters in SwSh were pretty great, Hop may be annoying but he means well and he is just an innocent boy who loves to battle, Leon is a great champion who is a great role model, Rose may have been the villain but he meant well and actually decided to stop his plans and take himself in, and Sonia was freaking adorable. But all these characters in this game I loved sure as heck aren't the best, so let's step back a bit and try to make the next games characters better.

    Better evil teams: Evil teams in Pokémon now seem to be either, they are mean because society hates them or they are just annoying, and with Team Yell it's the ladder. I liked Team Yell but they could've been better. So why not do something, make the not so evil team and also make the actually evil team (no Aether and Cosmos don't count, they are businesses, not teams). Here is another idea, why not join a team, y'know a gang war thing, choose one team and that team succeeds while the other loses, y'know a mafia gang war type story. That sounds pretty cool.

    I know this list isn't all too big but still I hope we can all agree that these things are needed for a better Pokémon game. I hope next game will be the best one yet!

    submitted by /u/DylanWthaFriend
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Platinum - In game time

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    I've recently picked up a copy of Pokémon Platinum, having missed it the first time around, and had a question regarding the in game time.

    If you change the clock in order to catch Pokémon that only come out at night, do you have to wait 24 hours until the change comes into effect? I've seen online that Nintendo suspends time based events for 24 hours if the clock has been changed.

    submitted by /u/BigPapaSmurf23
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone is still waiting for Gen 4 remakes, and as much as I anticipate the announcement, what other games are you incredibly excited to see an eventual remake of?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    In light of Mystery Dungeon getting a remake, and the ever growing hive mentality for a Sinnoh remake announcement (which I am impatiently waiting for), what other games would you all want to see remade?

    I personally can not WAIT for Gen 5 to be remade, because as much as I love sinnoh for being my first actual game, Gen 5 has to be tied with it for the spot of my favorite.

    So, as I asked earlier, what would the Pokemon Community like to see be remade??

    submitted by /u/ItsNotTheFBI
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best fan games or ROM hacks to try out?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    After finding Sw/Sh severely underwhelming I've been craving a truly great and full featured pokemon game. I know there have been some very impressive fan games made but there's so many out there that I honestly don't know where to start. Something that can be played easily on an Android phone would be preferable.

    submitted by /u/Bearowolf
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have a Pokémon that’s important to you?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    I know it might sound silly for some, as they are just bits of data. But I've heard very cool stories about that starter that carried over to every new game, living new adventures with its trainer, or that first shiny you caught and such. I'm kind of nostalgic right now because a friend of mine was moving out of the country this month (of course it was delayed due to the virus) and he told me he'll give me that 12 years old Torterra that fought against my team so many times when we were in school. Good times 😁

    submitted by /u/IvyKellogs
    [link] [comments]

    New Pokemon Yellow World Record Speedrun by pokeguy

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    [Manga] That was surprisingly brutal (XY)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    I've been catching up on the Pokemon Special manga while quarantined. Let it be known that Y has her Mega-Absol bite Lysandre's finger off to take his keystone.

    https://imgur.com/a/Mp5SZwR

    submitted by /u/SonicPileDriver
    [link] [comments]

    1v1 Battle Format

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    I'm curious about how people are liking the 1v1 speed format. Personally, I love it! It's like the Wonder Trade of battles.

    Any chance of this format becoming a regular rule set? I'm much more inclined to pop online for a few of these scrappy battles than I have been for the fuller formats.

    Happy battling!

    submitted by /u/Octorok385
    [link] [comments]

    Duplicate Cards

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    I'm a new collector who collects more for a joy of all the different kinds and styles of Pokemon rather than playing the card game or getting only the valuable ones. Needless to say, I now have a tin of duplicates. I don't have a game/hobby shop near me that deals in cards and I'm sure most of my duplicates are probably not worth anything anyway. I don't have a guide book that puts a value on any. But, as I get new packs and the duplicate tin gets more full, any suggestions on what to do with the duplicates? Most people don't want to trade for common ones. But it seems wrong to toss them. Any collecting tips would also be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/LonelyDragon11
    [link] [comments]

    If only they make this in real life..

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Law of Averages and Breeding

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    Is it just me or does breeding for a specific nature just throw the law of Averages out?

    I know there are like 25 natures and the law of averages suggest that you have around 4% to get the nature you want depending the time you've put into it.

    But it's been almost two hours of trying to breed a timid Rotom, and the dude just doesn't wanna pop.

    However, I have noticed a trend, in gaming especially. That if you are looking for a specific thing, it almost never, or takes forever to get. For me it happened in Final Fantasy 10 when I was trying to get a legendary weapon.

    However, there are plenty of times I will stumble upon the best nature, or almost perfect IV's when im not looking for it. It is hella annoying.

    submitted by /u/Weiss_127
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment