• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 10 May 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 10 May 2020


    [Hype Thread] 10 May 2020

    Posted: 10 May 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Something insane just happened

    Posted: 09 May 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    I just found my Pokémon Diamond game that hasn't been touched since 2013. After cleaning it and finally getting it to work, I almost cried when I saw my old team, waiting there for me. I walked around a bit, battled (and decimated) a few wild Pokémon, and went back to the Pokecenter to heal them before saving. The game is now in its case in a locked safe in my room, and I'm gonna go have the data from the cartridge saved to a flash drive or a new cartridge after quarantine ends. I'm so happy I decided to deep clean my room :)

    submitted by /u/HipMicrobe39293
    [link] [comments]

    A rumor my brother heard

    Posted: 10 May 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    So, before all this quarantine stuff happened my brother heard a playground rumor for sword and shield. If you hold x while fighting an obstagoon it automatically becomes shiny? Apparently some kid on his bus said it. Please take this as proof that a kid who has limited access to the internet can still have there fair share of rumors.

    submitted by /u/Moo_Cow_360
    [link] [comments]

    Diglett’s official underground body?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    A "Pokégod" rumor page, seemingly frozen in time.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    Unpopular opinion: kanto in HGSS is poorly executed

    Posted: 10 May 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Now, g/s/c and HGSS are my favorite games in the series, I've been playing since yellow, and the johto region is incredible, has my favourite trio of starters, and the game allows you to go to another region.

    Except, the region is done terribly: you immediately have access to every city and gym leader straight away, and this wouldn't be a problem, but there is zero reason or motivation to fight any of the regular trainers in between.

    As soon as I get there i stomp surge, then power my way as quick as possible to the other cities (because why not?) So I have everything unlocked; due to there being no incentive to verse the other trainers.

    You can beat all 8 gyms in kanto with your current pokemon fresh from the elite four. Beating lance is the hardest challenge by far. And that's only due to the massive power curve at the elite 4, and all of team rocket in goldenrod having level 17 pokemon when you're on level 35+.

    Even the wild pokemon in kanto are under leveled. they moved suicune here for story reasons, which would be fine, but he is level 40 and is more inconvenient to encounter than every city combined.

    And then red has level 88 pokemon, its awesome that he is so high, and its completely epic to verse him. But I don't want to waste 20 hours versing all the level 40 trainers in kanto at this point.

    Kanto should of continued the power scale throughout every gym, not forcing you down a clear path, but having trainers in different areas of different power levels to encourage the best way to go. While still giving freedom.

    Building up to blue with high level 70 pokemon. Instead its just a bunch of time wasting trainers, with no benefit or encouragement to verse them (other then more experience for versing red). Pretty much equal level gym leaders, weak wild pokemon, in a region the is extremely quick if you dont force yourself to battle every trainer when you dont need to.

    I'm the type of guy the battles every trainer on every route in every pokemon game, but I hate the thought of doing it in HGSS kanto. Kanto just isnt fun to me.

    I cant even bring myself to verse red anymore, the thought of grinding 30+ levels on 6 pokemon for 1 battle is just tedious.

    Still give the game a 10/10, Kanto is a bonus on top of a perfect region.

    submitted by /u/Authentic_Haiji
    [link] [comments]

    I like that all generations were unique

    Posted: 10 May 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Unpopular opinion: I think features unique to a generation should stay there.

    trainer rematches in g/s/c

    contests in r /s/e

    costum pokeballs d/p/pt

    following pokemon in hg/ss

    tripple and rotation battles in bw

    sky battles and mega evolution in x/y

    sos encounters and z-moves in s/m

    max-raid battles and dynamaxing in sw/sh

    pokemon games are already similar enough. these kind of little things make every game different in little but effective ways. what are your thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/MicaMicaMica12
    [link] [comments]

    If Game Freak is going to nostalgia bait old players they should use Hoenn instead of Kanto for the Billionth time.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Game Freak has been using Kanto for nostalgia bait since 2013, and there is nothing inherently wrong with nostalgia baiting, it's that they have been using Kanto for years now. Most of the people who played Red and Blue and Gold and Silver as a kid are done with video games, and a good amount of people who played Ruby and Sapphire as a kid are still around.

    submitted by /u/RepulicanSans
    [link] [comments]

    Are the games getting less re-playable?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    My first games were Sapphire and Crystal, and I picked up LeafGreen and Emerald when they came out, and I replayed them constantly and still go back to Emerald and Crystal fairly often. I enjoyed Pearl when it came out, and went through Platinum a fair few times, same with SoulSilver.

    I played through Black and Black 2 two or three times apiece, I enjoyed the story and Unova was nice, but the charm wasn't quite there for me. I bought X and Y, intending for one to hold my mons and the other for replaying, nuzlockes and the like, but after beating X the charm was gone, and through the years I've never completed a second playthrough. I still liked most of the Pokemon designs and enjoy battling, but something prevented my interest from taking hold.

    Alpha Sapphire was great fun, seeing Hoenn in full 3D and getting new megas and all the new features in the first region I fully beat was really awesome, but after I beat it that was really it. Hunted a few legends, got disappointed by the lack of the Battle Frontier, and went to play other games.

    I really liked Sun, and Ultra Sun was just different enough to hold my attention. I thought they were better than X and Y, and once I got going I played each one in most of my free time until they were done... but once I moved all my Pokemon into US and tried playing Sun again, the charm was lost, the game felt tedious, and I went back to replaying Emerald and Crystal and sometimes Gale of Darkness for my Pokemon fix. I've replayed Explorers of Sky itself more times than I played gens five through seven, period.

    I still love the series, been playing it for seventeen years, and I already had a Switch (how good is Breath of the Wild?) so I went ahead and got Shield - the Pokedex issue didn't bother me too much, I try to use new mons for my first run through anyway and I'm not too bothered by not being able to send up old Pokemon, so why not?

    I really liked Shield, played through the story, enjoyed dynamax well enough, though I don't like most of the starters I enjoyed what's available and it's still Pokemon, so it's still fun.

    So all the rambling boils down to this: I still enjoy Pokemon, don't feel I've grown out of it all all, I end up replaying older games fairly often and I like playing the new ones when they come out... so why is the idea of going for another playthrough so unappealing? Ultimately, I think that in the new games there's too much dialogue (Silver and Wally didn't speak nearly as much as Hau and Hop, or god forbid the quartet of 'friends' in X/Y, yet they were more interesting to me by far), battles take way too long (everything just seems to craaawl, and I don't think that's a fault of the 3D graphics, since I've played Colosseum and XD plenty and those battles seemed plenty fast to me), and that, to me, kills replayability.

    Saw a few conversations about people's favorite generations, which is what prompted this. If you agree, what do you think could alleviate this in the future? If you disagree, what do you enjoy about replaying the 3DS and Switch titles?

    TL;DR: Old Pokemon games are fun and I can pick them up and play them over and over. New Pokemon games are also fun, but replaying them feels really tedious. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/MaverickKaiser
    [link] [comments]

    I decorated my cap for graduation!! https://imgur.com/gallery/9vzVWVs

    Posted: 10 May 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    STARTER POKEMON SURVIVOR- ROUND 3

    Posted: 10 May 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    The results for round 2 are in!

    With 16.9% of the vote, CHESPIN has been eliminated!

    Time for round 3!

    Listed in the form below are all the starter Pokémon across all main series games. Select your LEAST favorite of the Pokémon and each day, one starter will be voted off. Good luck to all favorites and have fun!

    Vote HERE to eliminate your least favorite starter!

    Place Starter Percentage
    24th Chikorita 18.4%
    23rd Chespin 16.9%

    submitted by /u/phoenixthawne
    [link] [comments]

    Why are the animations in the older console games so much better than in the newer 3DS and Switch games?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    So I've just been playing Pokémon colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness for the first time and the thing about these games that stand out to me the most is how good the battle animations for the Pokémon are.

    First of all, the idle animations are fantastic. In newer games the Pokémon mostly just stands around, but in the GameCube games idle animations really bring out the Pokémon's character. For example in colosseum Hariyama is continuously doing the sumo step for an idle animation, and then there is Ursaring who swings its arms back and forth. In the newer games these Pokémon's idle animations are non-existent and they just stand there. These are just 2 examples.

    Then there are the animations for when a Pokémon gets hit. Each Pokémon reacts differently and acts as if the move they got hit by actually had a big impact and dealt damage. My favorite has to be Lotad, where it basically gets flung backwards and stumbles before recovering and walking forward again. In new games, no matter how big the attack, the animation for getting hit just looks like the Pokémon was lightly slapped.

    Now the battle animations, nearly every Pokémon has a different animation for using a body attack, beam attack, or an attack involving a punch or kick. In newer games every Pokémon (with only a few exceptions) only has 2 attacking animations. One for physical attacks, and one for special attacks.

    Now I know that nowadays it would be more difficult to do this cause there are so many Pokémon, and that larger animations will make battles take longer, but it's honestly worth it because it makes every Pokémon seem that much more unique. One last thing, the old console games actually get wailord's size correct. And blastoise actually shoots hydro pump out of its cannons. So there is more attention to fine detail.

    Edit: Literally just noticed one more amazing thing. In the old console games Lunatone's idle animation is it continuously moving in a circle, just like how the moon revolves around the earth in a circle. And solrock's idle animation is it moving up and down, just like how the sun rises and sets from our point of view.

    submitted by /u/No0dle258
    [link] [comments]

    He ran away

    Posted: 10 May 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Just encountered this guy in a raid and he fled, the ball didn't even shake once, F's in the chat for me bois

    submitted by /u/Ant-killer
    [link] [comments]

    OC: Pokemon plzzzz let me look like an ACTUAL gym leader/Elite four. -_- i'm tired of looking like a contemporary IRL 12 year old kid.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    If sun and moon/Ultra sun and moon had gym leaders instead of trials

    Posted: 10 May 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    I was bored, so i thought of what if Alola had gym leaders...

    Gym 1: Normal type

    Rattata(Alolan)

    Gumshoos

    Gym 2: Fighting Type

    Jangmo-o

    Crabwraler

    Stuffful

    Gym 3: Rock Type

    Kabutops

    Sudowoodo

    Lycanroc(Day)

    Gym 4: Electric Type

    Raichu(Alola)

    Golem(Alola)

    Vikavolt

    Gym 5: Ghost Type

    Dhelmise

    Oricorio(Sensu style)

    Mimikyu

    Gym 6: Dark Type

    Raticate

    Muk(Alola)

    Incineroar

    Persian(Alola)

    Gym 7: Dragon Type

    Drampa

    Tortonator

    Exxecgutor(Alola)

    Kommo-o

    Gym 8: Fairy Type

    Shiinotic

    Ninetales(Alola)

    Mimikyu

    Comfey

    Ribombee

    I only ended up repeating 1 pokemon, hope everyone likes it!

    Note, i decided not to include the starter trio types, because we have those 3 as the first 3 gyms in Galar as well, and it makes the gyms more interesting and different.

    Also note, i tried to use only Alola pokemon, as I think it's more interesting if they use new pokemon from that generation.

    submitted by /u/youfavjanstan
    [link] [comments]

    POKEMON CRYSTAL OST GUITAR COVER MEDLEY! Original Content [OC] Thought I'd give some of the classic Pokemon themes a go on guitar. Stay Safe everyone!

    Posted: 10 May 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Check it out here and let me know what you think :)

    https://youtu.be/FcEEqp6Zdk4

    submitted by /u/AnimeGuitarLessons
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Guys, I just got my first shiny

    Posted: 10 May 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    Hello. I havent been a pokemon fan long, only started recently after picking up sword. I also have just begun trading. I'm really only using the wonder box to trade for duplicates.

    Today I woke up to discover that one of my pokemon has been traded for a shiny rotom.

    This is my first shiny and I'm pretty excited to use him after seeing his typing and ability.

    Just wanted to share the excitement. Bye

    submitted by /u/Megadan65
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think GF will up their game with the next main series title?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    I was so disappointed with SwSh and how GF handled it. Bad graphics, dexit, lies about models and generally half-product. I can understand cutting the dex, but there was so much wasted potential...

    Do you think this will change with the next game? I know that now they will try to milk that DLC idea and I'm not mad, but they can try to work harder on the new one because of that.

    Also what are your ideas that can be implemented in future? I am mostly interested in the open world.

    submitted by /u/Gettingridofpeople
    [link] [comments]

    So I just beat cynthia in black 2

    Posted: 10 May 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    Was it that easy to beat her in gen 4?
    She didn't really take too long for me to beat. It was only my second try.
    A lot of my pokemon didn't have much of a type advantage, considering 90% of them were bug, grass, or steel, and a lot of them were severly underleveled
    I beat her level 76 lucario with a level 64 cobalion
    Is the B2W2 cynthia easier than the original?

    submitted by /u/ToonTime63
    [link] [comments]

    A Very Happy 1st Birthday to Pokémon Detective Pikachu, my favourite video game movie of all time

    Posted: 10 May 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    The film starred Ryan Reynolds as Detective Pikachu

    Justice Smith as Tim Goodman

    Kathryn Newton as Lucy Stevens

    and Bill Nighy as Howard Clifford

    Quotes:

    "Maybe she can tell us about the long-term psychological effects of being strapped to a baby seat... next to a bomb!"

    "Oh, that's a twist. That is very twisty."

    Trivia:

    The day before the film's theatrical release, the entire movie was "leaked" onto YouTube. In reality, clicking this video will play a minute of the film, before cutting to a loop of Pikachu dancing for an hour and forty five minutes (and I watched it).

    The Pokémon Company tried to keep Mr. Mime from appearing in the movie because they thought he wouldn't come out well in live-action. Rob Letterman ended up having to pitch the whole idea personally to TPC's president to cajole them into letting him appear.

    A sequel is in the early stages of development at Legendary as the studio is looking to move forward with a cinematic world for the Pokémon franchise. As the production of Detective Pikachu progressed, The Pokémon Company became more open to the idea of trademark props and characters being used in cinematic fashion, prompting ideas for a larger world to unfold on the big screen (I personally hope it's a Pokemon Red and Blue film).

    If there's anything I should add to the post tell me in the comments,

    submitted by /u/ComicBookFan20
    [link] [comments]

    Toxineon (Poison Eeveelution) by me

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    Poison Eeveelution by me. I wanted to base it off a Slow Loris, since it's one of very few poisonous mammals, but I couldn't find a way to fit its features into the Eeveelution theme. Eyes were too round, ears were too round and small also it's paws have opposable thumbs so that didn't work out. I instead decided to base its color themes off a strawberry dart frog and another design off the blue dart frog. I gave it a scorpion tail so that it'd have elements of poisonous and venomous animals, also poison inflating sacs for that neck thing most eeveelutions have.

    submitted by /u/rawgino
    [link] [comments]

    GEN9 WHISHES

    Posted: 10 May 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    So yeah, i know it will take time before Gen9 actually comes to life, and we are going to get a remake in the meanwhile, but I want to hear what other people would like for the Gen9 game. Not only starters or region, also some cool plot speculation, and some lore for the "War".

    I really look foward to Gen9, IMO Gen8 saved the gameplay only with the DLC announcement. Anyway, here you go, tell me your wishes :)

    submitted by /u/coolestbwoy
    [link] [comments]

    When will getting so many generations of Pokémon start to make it just too much?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    I love playing the new games and generations as they come out. I've been a big Pokémon fan since her first came out. But I wonder when there will just be like, too many Pokémon. Is that possible? As much as I love exploring new regions and finding new Pokémon I just worry that it will eventually love its charm.

    submitted by /u/I-AM-CRABGOD
    [link] [comments]

    Which starter should I choose?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    This is for a pokemon diamond playthrough as it is a game I don't remember playing. I would like some other opinions on which starter I should choose for the game. This is for a regular run of the game.i personally would like to use piplup as it has an interesting final typing and I haven't used it before. All feed back is appreciated. Thank you.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/dontryagain
    [link] [comments]

    I don't understand the destiny knot in pokemon sword and shield

    Posted: 10 May 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    So I have a 6 IV ditto and a 5 IV cottonee whose imperfect stat is Sp. Def and I keep getting cottonee with two imperfect IVs like Speed and Attack. I double checked three times to make sure I was right about the IVs and also that I did give ditto the everstone so I don't understand why it still does this, doesn't it take 5 IVs from each parent? Any help would be really appreciated.

    Edit: aight my bad, I wasn't wearing my glasses and apparently speed was also imperfect, sorry for being a dumbass, go back to your day

    submitted by /u/Lyntri
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment