• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 7, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 07 June 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 07 June 2020


    [Hype Thread] 07 June 2020

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    IDEA: What if they gave each mythical a 1/1,000,000 chance of appearing in the wild for each game

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Think about it. You've been playing Pokémon for 20 years. You're just minding your own business and HOLY CRAP a Mew just showed up. Even if you don't catch it, you're one of very, very few people to encounter this creature. I realize how ridiculous 1/1,000,000 is but it should be crazy odds because it makes them more valuable and awesome when you or someone else finds one.

    It's way better than giving everyone one out through events imo. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/lucarioburrito
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else miss double battles

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Anyone else wish we could have a game that was from start to finish only double battles like Colosseum or gale of darkness. I always enjoyed playing those due to the extra little strategy of double battles and even in online play there is much more strategic options besides just type advantage.

    submitted by /u/ChillEffect13
    [link] [comments]

    So... whatever happened to Pokemon Sleep?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Feels like forever since we last heard anything about it.

    Because of the stupid word rule, I'm pasting the Bulbapedia description for Stunfisk:

    Stunfisk is a flat, fish-like Pokémon with a broad, mud-brown body. At the base of its yellow tail is a yellow marking shaped like an exclamation mark when seen from behind. It has small, horizontal, oval-shaped eyes, white with a tiny black pupil and no irises. Almost exactly between these two eyes lies the two thick gray lips that form its mouth. It has two small, flimsy fins at the sides of its body; each with two lobes. It has been seen to leap into the air and flap its fins as if they're wings to remain airborne.

    submitted by /u/DidIHappenToSay
    [link] [comments]

    I was playing Pokemon Pearl today when I realized something

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    I believe it's important and in everyone's best interest to have Game freak and Nintendo port every single Pokemon game on Switch. There's literally no downside to it whatsoever. You could finally play all the main Pokemon games on one console and connect them with Pokemon Home allowing transfer among the games. You don't even have to "remake" or "remaster" them because nostalgia.

    Thing wouldn't even be difficult resource-wise, because a moderate price of 40-60$ per title would ensure this endeavor will be profitable

    submitted by /u/Hexahet
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion alert: The Trubbish line is better than the Grimer line.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    Yes, I actually believe this.

    To start this off I would just like to say that this is my opinion and you can disagree, but I need to get this out.

    Point one: Garbodor is a more creative evolution than Muk. Muk is quite literally just Grimer, but bigger. Garbodor on the other hand gains metal tubing and little trash balls on its head, and it's trash starts to break through its trash bag.

    Point two: Garbodor needs to be cut some slack. Garbodor was a Gen 5 Pokémon and there were a lot of Pokémon before it, so there were less ideas to actually create.

    Point three: Muk deserves more harsh criticism. Muk is a Gen 1 Pokémon and is genuinely just not well designed. It is just a pile of sludge that evolved from another pile of sludge. Gamefreak literally could've done anything ever, and they decide to make a small goo pile and a big goo pile.

    Note: I don't think Garbodor is the best Pokémon, nor is it even a great Pokémon, but it is much better than Muk, and a lot better than some other Gen 5 Pokémon, cough Klink cough.

    Thank you for coming to my Ted-Talk.

    submitted by /u/13LuckyNumber
    [link] [comments]

    Will they ever Bring Back Mega-Evolutions?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    We haven't really seen new Mega-Evolutions since Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, so I'm wondering if GameFreak will ever foster creativity and give some of our old time favourites a much needed Ante Up

    Personally I'm all for some Sinnoh Pokemon getting the Mega-Evolution treatment

    •Empoleon (All-Time Favourite Pokemon): Typing stays the same, Give it Tough Claws or Defiant as a Mega Evolution ability, and place emphasis on a more Regal-Kingly Appearance

    • Staraptor: Make it a Fighting/Flying type, but keeping it as a Normal/Flying type is fine too. Sharpen it's talons, make it's wing tips and tail feathers red (to match its comb and to lean towards the real life Red-tailed Hawk) and give it a more aggressive and raptorial aesthetic

    •Darkrai: Typing gets changed to Psychic/Dark Or Ghost/Dark

    Anyways what are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Squid311
    [link] [comments]

    Which pokemon is the laziest?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    I think slaking i so lazy to choose his ability whitout read the effect

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/BEGONE_LOLLO
    [link] [comments]

    Is Black 2 worth playing in 2020?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    Just turned 22, I recently played Omega Ruby on my friends 3DS and I enjoyed it. I picked up a switch and bout Sword and Shield and i'm currently playing that.

    Is Black 2 really that good? I own a DSI so I could buy it, just not sure if it makes any sense to do so in 2020...

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/arbiter1170
    [link] [comments]

    Twilight Wings Episode 5

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    For me, this was the best episode yet. I loved seeing various Pokémon in practical circumstances like Gurdurr at the construction site and Mr. Rime doing his tap dancing. I loved seeing some Gigantamax forms in action, albeit briefly. But, most of all, I loved seeing Oleanna be a boss. This was an amazing depiction of a strong woman in the work place and they did so well in showing it. So many little moments that I thought were awesome, the workers' thoughts on her, when she sat down and had to get back up straight away as though it was a regular occurrence, her relaxing walk through the town but most of all, the way she speaks so passionately to the taxi driver. Honestly, I think Oleanna hast just become my favourite character from Gen 8. Poor Marnie.

    But, despite all of that, can we talk about how Sudowoodo is just chilling as an ornamental plant!? This is a Pokémon that closed off half of Johto by itself. One of Brock's best in the anime. Like, what happens when some silly worker comes and waters it!? Man, I feel for the tree.

    submitted by /u/a9lex
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon logic

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    Do you think Game Freak would change the logic about newborn Pokémon. Like Kangaskhan hatching from the egg like the baby from her pouch and if it is female will evolve into Kangaskhan and if it is male it will evolve into a new Pokémon. And same with all the baby Pokémon that need an Incense to hatch as their baby form, as it is very creepy to see a Mr.Mime hatching from an egg.

    Just wanted to know what do you think.

    submitted by /u/moonbunR
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion: Regidrago is the worst-looking Regi

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    I wasn't a huge fan of the new Regis ever since seeing the concept art in the first trailers for the Sw/Sh DLC, but I figured I'd wait until their official reveal. Now that they're out in the open, Regieleki is starting to grow on me a little (awful name, though - should've been Regivolt, but that's another discussion), but Regidrago still looks bad to me.

    Just look at all the other Regis. Registeel has a smooth, rounded, metallic body. Regice's body has sharp, symmetrical edges. Regirock literally is made out of rocks. Regieleki has pointed spikes on its top and little lightning bolt feet. They feel like an embodiment of their respective type. Regigigas's design might not scream "Normal-type", but it does have white as one of its primary colors (associated with Normal-types), and the mossy growth and towering height fit its Pokedex descriptions of being the ancient creator of the other Regis.

    Regidrago, on the other hand, is just a sphere with stubby legs with the top and bottom half of a Charizard's dragon's skull for arms; if it wasn't for those arms, I wouldn't be so sure it was a Dragon-type. Regidraco is just too simplistic compared to all the others. I know the official description says Regigigas never finished it (and it really shows), but it feels like a cop-out to justify a lame design rather than fitting the lore. Actually, come to think of, if Regigigas only got to finish the head, where the heck did the arms come from?

    submitted by /u/Pokemario6456
    [link] [comments]

    Hey this is the new who's your fav starter in Gen 2 the last one didnt have totodile, my bad. If you didn't see the last one I am making one of these each day for every generation

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Excuse any spelling errors please!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/BagelSauced
    [link] [comments]

    Gen 4

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    I'm really hoping for gen 4 remakes soon and am playing Diamond again. When I was a kid I always choose Turtwig and Piplup but I decided to try Chimchar on this playthrough and it feels like my team is so stereotypical. I just beat Mars at the Valley windward and I have a Monferno, Starly, Luxio and Buizel and I'm just having a ton of fun. I'm thinking of adding a Roselia and Hippopotamus to my team next :)

    submitted by /u/Late-Slice
    [link] [comments]

    I think Pokémon fans are more obsessed with Charizard than Gamefreak is

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    Every Pokémon community I have come across brings up how Gamefreak is super obsessed with Charizard and releases 10000 forms of it. I mean, it's true they do tend to give it a lot of attention but I think I see a new "Gamefreak is obsessed with charizard" meme every day with a billion other people talking about it. Idk if I'm just unobservant but I don't think I would've given it a second thought if not for how much the Pokémon community talks about Charizard.

    I don't mean to hate by the way, just voicing an observation.

    submitted by /u/dr-incognito-dorito
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Soul Silver Legendaries...

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    I'm not big on pokemon, but since the last one I played was Silver version, I decided to pick up Soul Silver for the DS off a guy in my city. I loaded it up because I noticed the Pokedex was near complete and this guy has Rayquaza.. I already know you have to trade a Kyogre from Heart Gold to get Rayquaza, which is near impossible in 2020 I'm guessing? Should I be trading over Rayquaza and Deoxys, as well as others that he has to my Diamond version before restarting the game? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/sc9tty
    [link] [comments]

    Teambuilding Help - Pokemon Diamond

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    Team: - Prinplup (attacking move types: Water)

    • Murkrow (Dark, Flying)

    • Hippopotas (Ground)

    • Roselia (Grass, Poison)

    • Alakazam (Psychic)

    • (Unknown)

    I was considering Lucario, but I'm having a lot of trouble with Steel and Flying types, so I figured that getting a Fire type pokemon/move or an electric type pokemon/move might be a good idea. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/lasmanzanas
    [link] [comments]

    ‘Pokémon Go’ raid invites will let friends join your battle remotely

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    Pokémon Go creators recently announced that two of the game's many planned updates will be available this summer: the ability to invite friends to raid battles, and a stickers feature for gifts. The raid battles feature is set to be released sometime this month, according to a statement on the Pokémon Go website. Niantic gave a less specific timeframe for the stickers, simply saying players can expect it "soon."

    submitted by /u/jnrmasero
    [link] [comments]

    Who is your favorite villain?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    Mine is lysandre btw

    Note : couldnt fit gen 8 villains :(

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Peter_Griffin_420
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there no smash bros stages based on pokemon routes?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I mean, sure it may not be as intense as let's say the Unova league, but imo some locations like route 47 (HGSS) or many routes in Kalos or the Village Bridge in Unova and many more could make so good stages while still giving off this certain "traveling with my Pokemon" vibe that I don't get by any current Pokemon stage, bc in the Pokemon games you only spend a little time in most of those locations. There's also not as much route music (or remixes of route music) in Smash as I'd like to have.

    submitted by /u/DSBM00
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking for help

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    I am looking for help to complete my pokedex in pokemon sword/shield.I dont where to start so I was hoping if anyone had a guide.If you do,please send me a link to it or give me any other tips.I am really looking forward to completing my pokedex.I have both versions also if that helps.

    submitted by /u/DeathGem42069
    [link] [comments]

    All max leveled living dex

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    As the title stated I have a living dex and I'm going to try making all of them level 100. Would y'all be interested in me posting updates on my journey such as how many shinies killed, how long it takes, and other stuff that may be interesting? My main method right now will be chansey(s?) in US/UM.

    On a different subject should I also make a male/female for my living dex or should I dare attempt a full shiny living dex?

    submitted by /u/Druid_Till
    [link] [comments]

    Any miss Apricorn Trees?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    My first Pokémon game was SoulSilver. I really liked the game because I could make my own pokeballs with apricorns. I even had a route to get all of them. Now they haven't had them back for a while. Overall, SoulSilver was probably my favorite of all the games I've played. AlphaSapphire was an amazing game also though.

    submitted by /u/DJSwan2020
    [link] [comments]

    My personal experience with Pokemon Sw/Sh, and the lesson I've learned.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on the most recent game in the series, and what the Pokemon series means to me.

    So, I, like many others, was upset and angry about the whole National Dex thing. Of course I didn't want to leave half of my Pokemon behind, with no way of knowing who made it and who didn't. I don't think a single day went by when I stopped to think about it, and my blood boiled.

    But as the release date got closer and closer, I slowly started feeling worse and worse. I found myself not sleeping as much as I should, being tired every day, having no motivation, and having a shorter temper. It was having a negative impact on my life.

    Another problem was that I had recently stopped playing Ultra Sun, (which had been a great entry to the franchise IMHO,) because I had simply run out of things to do. All my Pokemon that I had transferred over the years were just sitting in there doing nothing. Of course I didn't want to separate them, but is leaving them in a game I stopped playing months ago any better?

    Then the leaks hit. Out of curiosity, I decided to go on a leak binge. My thought process was "Well if they do end up fixing this, I'll still need to familiarise myself with the new Pokemon." And I found myself fascinated by all the strange and wonderful designs that Gen 8 had.

    And of course, one aspect I really wanted to see were the Legendary Pokemon. I've always been a big fan of Legendaries, and have, ever since Gen 3, endeavoured to catch every Legendary, give them a unique moveset, and get them to level 100, which was what I considered at the time to be peak strength, and a mark of pride. (Long before I knew about how EVs and IVs really made a difference.)

    So naturally, when the game was released, and the stats, movepools and typings were public, I looked at Zacian and Zamazenta, as well as Eternatus, and was impressed by their stats, Zacian's in particular, as well as Eternatus's design. Naturally, I decided to take a peak at how they're caught, and by chance, I found a video for Eternatus first.

    I was honestly blown away by the spectacle of the Eternamax battle. It was a sight to behold, even if it was basically scripted. I couldn't stop thinking about it. And I actually found myself happier. It was that same sense of giddy wonder I felt as a pre-teen looking at Groudon and Kyogre on that tiny GBA screen. My passion for Pokemon was bubbling again.

    I went back and forth about whether I should take the plunge and buy the game after that. And after seeing how vast the opinion spectrum for the game was, I ultimately decided that the only way I'd know was to find out myself. So I went out, picked up a copy of Sword, and played it over the week.

    All in all, I found the game to be decent overall. It wasn't a great masterpiece like so many other games on the Switch, but it was also hardly the worst thing that's ever happened either. It was a decent, playable game that did what it did, though still had problems.

    But during that week, I noticed something else. My attitude had improved. I was sleeping better, had more energy, and was just doing better in general. And I had Pokemon Sword to thank for it.

    And now here I am, with a complete Galar dex, all my Legendaries in HOME ready for the Crown Tundra, and me waiting patiently for the Isle of Armor.

    So all in all, I feel that buying Pokemon Sword was one of the most important decisions I made last year, and I don't regret it.

    It was Tony Stark who said it best;

    "Turns out, resentment is corrosive. And I hate it."

    ---
    TL;DR I hated the National Dex cut, but that hatred was negatively impacting my well being, and making me a worse person. Buying Sword has ultimately helped me, and I feel much better for it, even if the game was just decent overall.

    submitted by /u/TheHumbleFellow
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment