• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 02 August 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 02 August 2020


    [Hype Thread] 02 August 2020

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When your Pokémon skills are too much in the dating scene...

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    Went on a first date with a girl (masks on, of course), and we we're talking about what really impresses us about a date.

    She mentioned she found it insanely cool when a guy can rap!

    I turn my mental Ketchum hat sideways, and bust out a full-lyric version of the PokeRap from the original show!

    We aren't dating. But anyone who can't appreciate the 150 Mons I spat out, isn't worth dating anyway.

    submitted by /u/Star-LordFTW
    [link] [comments]

    New Game Plus+ in Pokémon Games!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    Why 👏 Isn't 👏 This👏 A 👏 Thing 👏!!! Imagine being able to play a second playthrough where you are up against scaled enemies as well as having all the Pokémon and items you've collected from your previous adventure! It would give so much more value to our hard earned level 100's gathering dust in Box 13. I seriously believe this is what is missing in modern Pokémon titles like Sword and Shield and would love to see this in future games/DLC. It's a thought I've had for a while and I imagine other people have already brought this up, would love to see other peoples opinions on this!

    submitted by /u/ChrisDoesCowTipping
    [link] [comments]

    mc is a pretty bad friend in some games

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Ok, so imagine this: you're a 10-year-old kid and there's this extremely quiet kid whose been your best friend for a very long time. Then, both of you get a Pokémon and become rivals because, well, it just seems like the natural thing to do. The thing is, you're always the one talking and you NEVER manage to beat them. When the battle's over, they don't even say well done or something, they just stare at you until you stop talking and go away. But hey, they've always been like that, no biggie. Then, you begin to have problems (e.g., Bianca and her dad or Hop and his self-steem or whatever), but they never try to talk to you about it because they're so focused on gyms and training and blah blah. Like, you're down and it's painfully obvious, but even when you mention it, they just keep staring and maybe say one or two words. And while you're overcoming it, they keep getting stronger and it's even more impossible to beat them. And it's not like you can say something, because all of a sudden the same person you've known all your life is too busy saving the world??? And becoming champion???? And who are you to bother them with your insignificant problems when they're doing things like that?

    Anyways, I don't know, maybe it's because I'm too soft, but I always feel like, even though we're supposed to be good friends, our rivals are the one reaching out and having problems while we just save the world and become champions like it's easy. I think it'd be cool if someone actually pointed out how quiet and seemingly uncaring the mc is, or we had actual problems with other people besides "I'm a tough and mean person and will insult you because I'm kind of broken inside but now I'm better let's be friends".

    TL;DR: I know it's a game about training pokemon, but I feel like it would be nice to have some more interactions with your rivals where you can actually TALK to them.

    submitted by /u/thetrafficlightship
    [link] [comments]

    I themed my Animal Crossing island around Cinnabar Island! Here's a video showing it off, and the dream address if you want to explore.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    It's based mainly on Generation I but there are some additional things thrown in, like a volcano.

    I made a video (about 9 minutes long) showing off the island side-by-side with footage from the original games.

    If you want to visit, the Dream Address is DA-3435-4418-1890 (the island's real name is Malté).

    And finally, if you want a more detailed analysis, including IDs for the custom patterns I used, I made a Google Sheets presentation. Beware, it's pretty long. I mostly made it for myself to write down everything I did.

    Please leave me feedback / comments!

    submitted by /u/2WaterGuns
    [link] [comments]

    I am starting a run of Pokemon soulsilver with only furrets any tips?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    I will start once I get a name suggestion cause I don't know what to name it

    The rule are 1. I can't use any Pokemon except furret no matter what.

    1. I can't use cheat codes beside the one that changes my starter to furret.

    2. I can use hm slaves but not in battle

    3. I can use sentret because he evolves into furret

    Also I have never played Pokemon heart gold,soul silver, or there original games before so I am going in blind does anyone have some tips cause I think this is going to be hard. Also what should I name my furret?

    Update: he is named accumula and I need a rivals name

    submitted by /u/ThePenguinlords
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Mock Pokémon AP test

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    I made a mock Pokémon AP Test and I want to see if I made it too easy or too hard, if you want to help me test it, please feel free to DM me and I'll send you a link to View, then if you could make a doc with your responses, and share them with me, and I'll send you your score, that'd be great.

    If you don't want to that's cool too, it is a long test, if you just want to do multiple choice or Free response that's great too. Anything helps.

    I would also love to get advice on what I did well or wrong if you took it, however if it's too hard for you please don't send me hate, I didn't mean to make you feel bad and I'll know to make it easier.

    Thank you everyone who participates.

    If any participant has Sword and Shield and would like an Own Tempo rockruff, I'd love to give you one, I have a breeding farm going on right now.

    I just checked my save file and I have a shiny mimikyu I can give away, so whoever gets the highest score can have it, if they want

    submitted by /u/TriggeredMother
    [link] [comments]

    I was 11 the last time I played a Pokemon game

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    That game was Blue Version. I was heavy into the video game and the cards. In fact I still have many promo cards I received from battle tournaments that took place at the local toys r us. My father would reluctantly drive my little brother and I to these tournaments and told us to keep the cards. I never did write my name on that birthday Pikachu.

    Fast forward to today I'm 32 and just completed my first playthrough of Sword. The nostalgia and child like excitement of competing that first gym was immeasurable. My wife said it was nice to see me "that happy". My son keeps yelling at me that he wants to play and even started watching the cartoon series on Netflix. My daughter is only 2 months old but enjoys watching me take down dynamax dens.

    It's been a long journey but I never forgot what I leaned in Pallet Town.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/numberNINE757
    [link] [comments]

    My collection is bigger than I thought.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    So doing some reorganising and realised I have a bit of a Pokemon hoard situation going. I guess I'm the person people talk about when they say people will buy it anyway if it's pokemon. Hopefully you guys appreciate it though.

    My collection.

    Not shown the amount of Pokemon themes and stickers on my 3DS. Plus the original Silver and Gold and Fire Red. I think my brother has those. (Edit: I found Leaf Green in the Platinum box.)

    Oh and my Pokemon Cards. I'm realising I have even more stuff as I write this.

    Plus the Bulbasaur planter is looking a bit sad because I had to recently upgrade his plant to a larger pot and this one hasn't grown in yet.

    submitted by /u/FlyOnDreamWings
    [link] [comments]

    Just started my first game in over 15 years

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    As a child I used to play the pokemon games non stop, but kinda forgot about it as I grew older. Yesterday I came across a mobile emulator, which I didn't know existed. I just downloaded a pokemon Platinum Rom and I'm on a 14 hour road trip right now. I needed to share this nostalgic moment with you all! Have a nice day and share some of your favourite gen 4 memories with me :)

    submitted by /u/kjellh99
    [link] [comments]

    A cute lil voxel horsea !

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    Wich game should I make a playthrough challenge on?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    I will do another post asking wich challenge I should do on the game that wins in this post so if you want to vote for it, stay tuned, I will also post and image from when I finish the challenge for the curious ones. Also i am not recording it because I don't have a good recording software or even a good PC so I just do it for fun.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/manteigo_
    [link] [comments]

    Starting my first pokemon nuzlocke. Any tips?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    So I'm getting Alpha Sapphire soon as my fourth pokemon game (Sun, Ultra Sun, and Y were the others), and after watching JaidenAnimations nuzlocke video (which I highly reccommed watching) I've decided to start my first pokemon nuzlocke on Alpha Sapphire.

    So my question is, do you have any tips that could be useful (without spoiling a lot of the story) to me?

    Also, feel free to share stories of your first pokemon nuzlocke! I'll be interested to read all of them and how they went.

    Final question, should I use Exp share or turn it off?

    submitted by /u/Saltedpretzel64
    [link] [comments]

    Is the DNS exploit cheating

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    I personally think it's not, first of all you aren't exploiting anything, the server you connect to was put there intentionally and I think it's dumb to block people from the full game because they weren't playing in the right time, what do you think. That's all I don't know what to put to get to 50 words hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello

    submitted by /u/meme_go
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon 2019 31 - Feebas and the Prism Scale! Episode Discussion!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    Which generation of Pokemon did you start with?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    If 7th or 8th generation of Pokemon is the one you started with, just say so in the comments because reddit only allows six choices in their polls for some reason. I started with the fourth generation and is probably my favorite to this day especially Heart Gold/ Soul Silver.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/MaleSalazzle
    [link] [comments]

    Do you prefer Pokemon League centered stories, or Evil Team centered stories?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    The first two generations of Pokemon had extremely basic stories; you aim to become the Champion, and Team Rocket is mostly a nuisance along the way. Starting in Generation 3, evil teams and legendary pokemon move center stage, with the "climax" of the game occuring more in Sootopolis then in the champions chambers. Gen 4 ups this even further, and while battling Cynthia feels like a climax, it's in part because of how heavily she's woven in as your strongest ally against Team Galactic.

    Gen 5 is where Evil Team stories truly take over, with the League challenge being interrupted and replaced by a final showdown with Team Plasma. Elite Four + Champion battle being borderline post-game content after your confrontation with N.

    The last three generations have toned this down greatly. While Team Flare is still very evil, they show their threat level and get knocked out in the same play session for most folks. Team Skull and Team Yell have basically returned to the origins of evil teams by making them more hooligans than true evil, and nothing emphasizes the return to League based stories more than Sword / Shield.

    Which kind of storytelling do you like more? Obviously there's room for plenty of nuance, so feel free to share you opinion in the comments!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/LoneLegionaire
    [link] [comments]

    So I found some old Pokemon Gen 4 Figures at a flee market, and I just have to show you Lucario.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    New Pokémon cards

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Recently came across all my Pokémon cards from when I was a kid, literally hundreds still filed away in a couple binders. (1998 - 2003 prints)

    Got me thinking I wouldn't mind starting to collect again... but after doing a quick google I have zero idea where I should start or what's even worth collecting these days....

    If anyone could recommend a good starting pack or series, I'd really appreciate that.

    Thanks guys :)

    submitted by /u/ReyneTrueThat
    [link] [comments]

    My Pokemon Home subscription won't renew.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    About 2 months ago when the Isle of Armor came out, I decided to try and renew my home subcription to get my homies back in the game. But once I was on the purchase screen, the confirm button wouldn't work. I know I've put in the correct info, because I made sure to test it multiple times. And using a Different card doesn't work either. I don't know what the problem is, because it accepts other purchases. I've got some precious mons in there, and I'm honestly scared I might loose them.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Because I would really appreciate some help.

    submitted by /u/X3nott
    [link] [comments]

    How do you feel about cloning pokemon to have them in multiple games?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    No, I don't mean cloning the same shiny pokemon over and over again for trading. I mean for actual gameplay. Ash Greninja was a pain in the ass to get, and having it only available in one game (without replaying the demo) is a joke. Also, playing with your pokemon teams from past generations online is also a thing, and it doesn't effect anyone else. So, what is your view on the topic?

    submitted by /u/PsychicPersona
    [link] [comments]

    Best Alolan starter? (Final evolution)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    My favourite is Incineroar personally but I wonder what other people think to this.

    Why do I have to write at least 50 words?

    Filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler Filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Saltedpretzel64
    [link] [comments]

    Parallels between Japanese politics and Ruby & Sapphire - Retro Game Review - Tama Hiroka

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    Is Pokémon SWSH worth it?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    I'm in the process of trying to find Sword/Shield second hand, because I really don't want to spend $60 on a game that doesn't have the full dex, has a $30 DLC, and I have to pay to do trades on. But I'd also really like some opinions from people who have played the game already. Is it going to be worth the $45-$50 for a second hand game? Which one of the two is the "better" version? I'd just love some opinions regarding gameplay, plot, and the actual Pokémon present in the game.

    submitted by /u/spencergrac
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment