• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 1, 2020

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 01 August 2020

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 01 August 2020


    [RAGE THREAD] 01 August 2020

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    IT'S TIME TO RAGE!!!!!!!!


    RULES:

    • PRESS THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD

    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU ANGRY

    • OTHER PEOPLE WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS

    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER ABOUT THINGS WE HATE WILL FORM A STRONG BOND AMONG MEMBERS OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY

    • ???

    • PROFIT

    YOU CAN RAGE AT ANYTHING POKEMON RELATED!!!

    LET'S RAGE!!!


    THIS THREAD IS PART OF /R/POKEMON'S REGULAR STICKY ROTATION. TO SEE OUR ROTATION SCHEDULE AND ALL PAST STICKY ROTATION THREADS, GO HERE!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A Pokemon mobile game that's primarily a pet care app would be super cute

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    pet care games are a great way to literally just waste your time but so many people including me still love it.

    hatching, growing and keeping pokemon happy without the battle aspect would definitely be something ELSE, but hey what's so bad about enjoying a simple battlefree life with your buddy?

    not to mention collecting and breeding can still be core aspects of the game.

    I've been waiting for an app like this for years, I wonder if I should keep my hopes up?

    submitted by /u/Acci98
    [link] [comments]

    If you were to write a story for a mainline Pokemon game that didn't revolve around collecting badges and tackling the league, what would you make the story about?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    If you were to take the existing mechanics of the mainline series and write the story for a mainline game, does anyone have any good story ideas that don't involve the league? Pokemon Colosseum and XD exist, so a good story can come out of a game that doesn't use the league to advance the plot. Does anyone have any ideas that are different from what XD and Colosseum did?

    submitted by /u/SceptileIsGreat
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else think Absol deserves a legitimate evolution more than any other underpowered basic pokemon?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    I have loved Absol since my first game I played with my now Fiance.

    However it felt like he just wasn't useful for anything other than night slash. As I learned about the game and competitive battling, I'd watch these team comp videos and VGC strats trying to come up with some way that he could be viable high tier or even useable, but his movepool is horrible outside of special coverage moves without stab or favoring his best stats.

    I've always wondered why of all of the basic pokemon, a pokemon as cool and original as Absol bas been entirely neglected. His backstory and description is really cool, he has a legendary like design, and he's so weak as a pokemon you could dump his base stats slightly and give him a legitimate evolution.

    The mega doesn't matter in the long term, as even with the new game it doesn't exist.

    Why not give him a proper evolution? He could be so much more useful and so much more awesome in general, and unlike pokemon like stunfisk, sawk, luvdisc etc. Absol has a story and design that justifies it.

    submitted by /u/CrimsonViel
    [link] [comments]

    Ash green ninja

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Found my love of Pokemon games again...where to go from here?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Probably like most of you I have loved and played Pokemom FOREVER. My first video game console was that blocky grey colored Gameboy! And my first game ever was Pokemon Blue. I played every version and every installation released for a long tine. Adulthood and work got in the way and consequently I didn't play any new games probably past 2010? Plus, why keep up with the evolving DS line? A few years ago I tried Pokemon Sun when it came out after getting my hands on a used 3DS and barely played 20 minutes. I was expecting a wave of nostalgia but was very disappointed. The mechanics felt weird, the intro was too long, and I put it down. But recently I picked up a Switch and Pokemon Sword at the start of the pandemic and LOVED IT!!! I beat it and explored the expansion and now I'm (im)patiently waiting for Crown Tundra.

    My question is...Should I try Sun again? Did anybody else feel the way I did? I was looking at Ultra Sun, but also thinking maybe I'd like any of the B&W or X&Y games. Not a life or death situation, obviously, but wondering if other people experienced my initial disappointment too? And what would you suggest?

    submitted by /u/WhiskeyCat4000
    [link] [comments]

    Have an interesting idea for day care to get more use out of it. Camping meets Nintendogs!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    Combine the camping of Sword and Shield where you interact with multiple Pokemon over a large area with taking care of them like in Nintendogs and we could have a completely new way to day care.

    My idea is, you go to the day care and you can select from a number of real life players who would want to do the day care thing, and have them raise your Pokemon by taking care of them. Feed them, play with them, dress them, etc. You would have ultimate control over your Pokemon and can collect them back at any time you like. For players interested in taking care of Pokemon, they could get money/items for taking care of other people's Pokemon. For you the player, you get a slightly higher rate of xp gain from having real players take care of Pokemon.

    If a lot of attention is payed on your Pokemon, they get for example 1.5x the xp they'd normally get from day care, if mediocore care then 1.3x, if not much care, 1.1x. So, if you don't like the person training your Pokemon, you can rate them so the next player that chooses to drop off their Pokemon, they can see how good/bad someone is. Of course, it ultimately makes no difference to you and your Pokemon as there's no negative to this. But for players who enjoy that aspect of gaming, it could revive that genre and can tie it into Pokemon.

    Just an idea I just had.

    submitted by /u/IgnoreMyName
    [link] [comments]

    My Favourite Game!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Hi! I just joined reddit and had to make sure I was on the pokemon one as it's my favourite game! I've played every game starting from diamond and pearl and even got a chance to play the OG's on my friends gameboy! However I don't have a switch and want to know what people think of the new games on switch as I'm to busy studying to buy one atm! Please let me know! Thanks !!!

    submitted by /u/Runitupjj
    [link] [comments]

    Gen IV style Rillaboom [OC]

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Toughest Unova Gym Leader?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    I think it's Leonora/Elesa, but from my personal experience, I'd say the latter.

    I'm currently playing Black 2 and Elesa's Emolga literally kept spamming Volt Switch. Her Zebstrika is also quite a problem. I have a Krokorok on my team but it isn't just enough yet as it is super fragile, so I figured I have to grind it up. My Dewott and Tranquill both get knocked out in one hit by Volt Switch so it's extremely annoying.

    submitted by /u/MonAm0ur
    [link] [comments]

    Japanese Pokemon Card Rarity

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    I'm new to collecting and I started collecting the Japanese cards. My only issue is trying to figured out what determines rarity. I don't see any symbols like the US cards have for rarity. I saw a vid that stated that HP determines rarity, but that seemed way too wrong. Any way I you guys can help me out? I really appreciate the input.

    submitted by /u/pants06
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice for EV Training my Special Attack Lucario...

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    I've just maxed out Special Attack on my Adamant Nature Lucario. Which other stat should I cover? I figure it should be between Defense and Special Defense or should I probably boost up its Speed? Before I do anything though, I would like someone else's advice in case I mess up the stats.

    submitted by /u/W_Anime
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Unite, Tencent and the Chinese Community's Party

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    Pokemon Unite, a League of Legends type game that will be the first Pokemon game to break into the Chinese market and will likely be very successful in China, the issue lies in the company Pokemon is partnering with for this and the Government Tencent has to follow. Tencent is a massive Chinese tech company that creates large social media platforms such as WeChat and Tencent QQ. It also has purchased several large gaming companies such as Riot to port games such as League of Legends to China. Not everything is all nice and happy with this company though. There are plenty of articles and reports online about censorship of Tencent-owned products. Most of the censorship includes insults towards the Chinese government, support of Hong Kong freedom and the Xinjang Concentration Camps. Its safe to say that if Pokemon Unite has an in-game text chat, those subjects may or may not get you banned, or worse. China is a Communist nation. Communism, if you don't know, is an economic system in which the Government owns the means of production in its nation. The Chinese Government technically owns Tencent and all other Chinese companies. Meaning technically, if you have a history of speaking out against the Chinese Government Online and China is able to trace your Nintendo Account and the social media in which you speak out against China to your Email, they could have full control of your Email. And the worst part is this could happen to anyone who plays Pokemon Unite, because China could ask Tencent for player data on any player who speaks against China. My point with this rant is that Pokemon Unite may be dangerous to your Internet security, I hope what I outlined China may do may never happen but looking at censorship reports online, I fear that it will happen

    Tl:dr - Playing Pokemon Unite means the Chinese Government may potentially have access to your Email

    submitted by /u/UberBro939
    [link] [comments]

    If you had your own gym what would you do with it?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    If you were ever able to set up your own gym in the game, what theme would you give it and what lineups would you use? Would you prefer it to be in any region or after a certain point (like how the games block your access to areas before you have a HM)?

    submitted by /u/BlanketMage
    [link] [comments]

    I finally have every single main and spin off Pokemon games in the English version Pokemon Pinball rumble pack and channel were a bitch to find.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Sinnoh/Gen 4 really was the best region/gen, wasn't it?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    • The region was good for exploration and seemed to be a culmination of everything learned by GF from designing Kanto, Johto and Hoenn

    • Brought back the popular day/night mechanic from Gen 2

    • Rather than throwing out a new addition from the previous gen (like often happens) the weather effects established in gen 3 were kept

    • The region didn't have too much water

    • Strong villain team and story implementation of the legendary Pokemon for that gen

    • Took the creepy vibes seen in Gen 1's Lavender Town and helped build what would become a staple to the series of including mysterious NPCs/locations in these games through the Old Chateau and the cabin in the snow with the ghost girl

    • A lot of the new Pokemon from this gen built on what was already established by being well-made evolutions of existing Pokemon

    • Judging as a whole, one of the best starter Pokemon sets in the series

    • Third version offered great new outfits and some of the best post-game in the series

    It really was just a lovingly crafted region/gen that brought together everything up to that point

    submitted by /u/Use_Your_Illusion3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment