• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 23, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 23 August 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 23 August 2020


    [Hype Thread] 23 August 2020

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    Not a Pokemon enthusiast...but

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    This is the very first gift I got from my dad for my birthday. The very first movie which made me cry, the very first time I even heard about Pokemon. Well, I found out I still had this while repacking.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/ftSmGs6

    submitted by /u/HiDin3
    [link] [comments]

    To Nintendo From a Long time player.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    Dear Nintendo. I have played since Pokemon Red was released. I played every single generation of Pokemon and loved them all (though not equally). I've spent thousands of hours in total in the previous gens training, breeding and collecting everything I could.

    This game has been no exception. If anything the beauty of this one was that it made high IV Pokemon much more able to be attained by the average player and has been a breeders paradise. I had clocked over 700 hours in this game so far. For the first time ever I completed a Pokédex.

    I even was able to transfer my old champions in my game and add them to my teams to fight my friends. I trained 60 ish Pokemon for a monotype gym challenge for my friends, each one with items movesets and EVs and IVs just how they needed to be. The effort and work I poured into this game is more than any gen before.

    Then, two days ago, as I travelled on the tube home, I was robbed. My bag snatched from me forcibly with my switch inside. I got home and was a wreck. I'm in a fine financial state and quickly ordered a new switch because the money is worth the time poured in. I redownloaded my games. I followed the tutorial to retrieve save data for games and saw all my main stay games data there (mario kart, hollow knight, Pokemon home, mario bros, Pokken tournament, undertale), except Pokemon Shield.

    I got robbed, everything was replaceable, except my time in that game. Everything I built and strove for. It seems childish to be crushed about a game but I have a stressful job and use this game to unwind and feel good about myself. Aaaaaand everything is gone because Pokemon Shield doesn't support cloud saves. Event mews from gen 6. Shiny legendaries including the most recent Zeroara event. Even many of my old Pokemon that I have trained and had with me since Gen 4. Gone.

    Maybe this gets buried and no one cares, but I had to vent and I hope this is an okay place. If you read this far, thank you for sticking with me and I guess try to keep almost everything in Home and transfer in when you need it.

    Tldr: 700ish hours in Shield. Transferred all old Pokemon in/ event legends and trained many more. Got robbed. No cloud save support. Everything gone.

    Edit: I have just woken up having posted this late last night. Overwhelmed by the positive support this community has so thank you. All of you have made my day substantially better. I have tried to go through all the comments I can and reply to people but sorry if I missed some. Some of you have some awards so thank you for that, I guess I thought this would just be buried and I would wake up with maybe two or three upvotes.

    To address some recurring points: - I have reported it to transport and transport police but I have experience working alongside them before and know that in robbery cases in London you are unlikely to ever get property back even if they catch someone.
    - I've been told it's more GameFreaks stance than Nintendo's so I guess I'll consider it lumping them in together.
    - To those offering me Pokemon I am very appreciative and flattered but I will likely take a hiatus from the game after this.
    - A few mentioned sending this story into them directly or over a more viewed social media. I have since sent emails to Nintendo support about it but as for other social media, this is the only one that I use. I'm well aware these things require follower count and such for any real chance of going viral and if I made a new account with no followers it really would be shouting into the void. Anyone with a large follower count is welcome to send this on if they want to give it a try but honestly this post was more for catharsis and with the support you guys have given me it has really done its job so thank you again.

    I promise to stop waffling on now! Thank you!

    Edit 2: I lied, one more thing, since a friend mentioned it. I actually had four rental teams rented out to my friends. She said to post the codes here if anyone wanted them, to check out some of my lost soldiers:

    0000 0007 DCC5 0G 0000 0007 7GWT DY 0000 0008 3W80 FC 0000 0000 N7BW 4C

    They're not all great as were meant to be tiered but if it brings any of you some joy they're there.

    submitted by /u/TheFoolman
    [link] [comments]

    The Greatest Mystery In All Of The Pokemon Franchise?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    As I played through Pokemon Sun a second time, I was more focused on the shining characters of the Alola region. All of them were unique and fun in their own way, but one character has cast a fog over my otherwise clear thoughts. His mighty aura and confident demeanor had me seeing him differently than all the other characters. The Masked Royal... Who is he?

    Now, I know everyone has their theories on who he is. I have heard some reasonable ones like "It's Giovanni from Pokemon Red & Blue" and even some outlandish ones like "It's Professor Kukui". I am here to dispense the truth. Let me start it off by saying this is three years worth of research and I am about to drop the biggest discovery of all time.

    Masked Royal: Who Is He? Concept Board

    We start off the game and we aren't given a taste of the mysterious masked man until we get to the second island. On the second island we are brought into a battle royal match with our friend Hau and our resident scene kid, Gladion. This is the first glance we get at the Masked Royal! He joins you to make it a foursome. This is where we find our first clue. He uses a Rockruff in the battle against the three of you. Now, this is a shock to see. We don't really see any other trainers use a Rockruff until now... But later we do see someone use the evolve form of Rockruff! The Island Kahuna Olivia. Now stay with me here, not all the signs point to Olivia.

    Our next Clue is when we talk to Professor Burnet. She says what we are all thinking when she walks away. Asking under her breath about his true identity. But, only eagle eyed players would notice the slight smirk she makes as she walks away. I don't blame you if you didn't see it, It took me many soft resets to catch during the cutscene. This tells us that Professor Burnet has also been doing research and her excited smile shows us that she is close to finding out. Which also rules out her and her husband as suspects, of course.

    This brings us to the final piece of the puzzle. The third clue is given to us by the Steel type trainer Big Mo. He gives us the actual Mask of the Masked Royal! We hold it in our virtual hands and bag for many moments. Now, we bring it to the professor and he says something along the lines of giving it back to the Royal. Obviously wanting us to focus on the legendary pokemon and team skull and the trials. Little did he know that it was just enough time for me to correctly identify the Masked Royal! Who is good friends with Olivia and could have gotten a Rockruff from her? Who can hid their identity from Professor Burnet but only let Professor Kukui know?

    All signs point to...

    THE HIKER FROM THE FIRE TRIAL

    Please let me know if I missed anything, I have been an unlicensed private detective for 2 weeks and all my training has led to this moment.

    submitted by /u/RadiCal-Coff
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon has been getting easier and easier

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    I think we can all agree that since around Gen 6 the pokemon games have been getting easier and is getting a little more hand-holdy. My friends and I came up with an idea how to fix this pretty easily. Just add a difficulty setting so when you start a new game like when you are picking the language you can pick your difficulty starting with Youngster. With Youngster you'd get the gen 6 experience with boosted exp share and the gyms have less moves in their moveset or less pokemon or at lower levels etc. Then you would have Trainer which would be baseline regulation exp share and the gyms are normal. Finally youd have Ace Trainer which youd have a lesser exp share the gyms would have an extra mon and a complete moveset and they would have a bit of strategy to them. In the wild some stuff could probably get changed. Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/flashdash555
    [link] [comments]

    I'm only a beginner with clay, but I really wanted to make this charmander lighter case! I'm proud of it.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Is Galar Really This Cutthroat?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    This is my first time making a post that goes into Spoiler territory so I apologize if its not really set up correctly. Seriously SPOILERS beyond this point so beware.

    Alright so I pretty much beat Sword and Shield today. I really enjoyed it and Rillaboom is one of my new favorite Pokemon ever. Now in regards to Galar as a whole, its an ok region. I like the people and all the gym leaders, its leagues better than Kalos as I basically wanted everyone there to die horrible deaths cause of their sheer obnoxiousness lol but something was kinda nagging at me while playing.

    Now this may be just pointless critical thinking but what on earth is with this whole "oh Leon lost all his endorsements" like whaaa?? He was built up as this unstoppable lovable hero who everyone adores! Men want him women want to be him hes got all the money etc but because he failed to defeat a singular trainer just like that he's become a zero? I mean for ***** sake Gyms all over the Pokemon universe have their win loss ratios but that doesn't mean their credibilities are shot in the blink of an eye. Brocks been defeated an unholy amount of times but he's still "rockin" his gym and is financially stable as far as im aware.

    This isn't an islolated incident either. In-game, they mention how there are low-league gyms that we don't even hear about because once you're out of the top 8, nobody cares. Like whoa hold up, I get not having over 8 Gyms "granted thatd be pretty cool" from a gameplay standpoint you gotta keep a limit otherwise Gyms as a concept would lose their charm if just any Hiker or Bug Catcher could just poof up a Gym and hand out meaningless badges but talk about YIKES way to kill future Gym leaders dreams lol

    Now in regards to Leon I know you can rematch him, and I know he inherits the Rose Tower but it seems kinda sucky that his Championship status was deemed obsolete just because of one punk kid "AKA me and many other players." Your telling me that this man has gone YEARS without losing to one singular person? Even Cynthia one of the most unstoppable leaders in her region even she's lost a match or two and she's still rockin her leather bell bottoms and....her fur choker whatever that thing is called. Poor Leon he lost his dang cape and shoes and is now wearing that ugly as sin business suit lol talk about a gut punch to the fashion ego.

    You know come to think of it this whole game is just you as the player ruining people's lives left right and sideways lol First Hop, then Bede, and now Leon. I guess you can say that's what these 3 get for being so cocky and bragging about how their "the best of the best" but its still just so odd to me especially in Leon's case. I can understand Bede and Hop as their my characters age and they don't really have any major stakes in Galar as a whole but Leon is THE champion of the WHOLE region. A region that's pretty harsh and unfair, years and years of training and being the very best like noone ever was, getting all those promo deals, fans and friends, money and fame, all this buildup to the peak of your career then out comes this milksop with a billboard of a smile, beats you in one match, and just like that Galar drops you like a rock X_X I mean sheesh.

    Then you got Ms. Opal who is a lovely lady and is for Trans rights with that dress she's rockin but her whole "not pink enough" thing just kinda bugged me from a plot standpoint. So you mean to tell me that I kicked your ancient A double ekans to the curve and passed every single question you tossed out at me but you wont make me the next Gym leader cause....I lacked pink...I mean seriously? Now I know one can make the argument that it was just a plot ploy to give Bede something to do after you destroyed his Champion career but come on really? You defeat a man who was deemed Champion of a whole region and he loses it all but you beat an old Gym Leader and her career aint affected whatsoever.

    I probably should've named this whole post "Why did they screw over mah boi Leon" lol sorry if I kinda made a big deal about his ordeal his was just the most out of place for me.

    submitted by /u/JunkhogMakison
    [link] [comments]

    RED VS GOLD Animation by Japanimator

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/G0uicHzemO0

    I've tried to animate this legendary fight between Red & Gold. I hope you'll enjoy :)

    submitted by /u/JapanimatorStudio
    [link] [comments]

    Will Gen III games ever be released on Switch

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    I'm sure this will have been discussed before, but do you expect Gen III games to receive Switch releases, like how Gens I and II were released on 3ds? Imo Gen III are the oldest games that still hold up pretty well. While you can definitely still enjoy I and II for nostalgia, or even for the experience if you've never played them before, they feel very dated, whereas imo Gen III games wouldn't feel out of place if they were released as indie games in the modern market for around £10-15. Nintendo don't seem to be doing the virtual console thing with switch, which casts doubts upon if they'll port Gen III over.

    I wasn't satisfied with LGPE or SwSh, so I haven't bought a pokemon game since Gen VII (which were both very disappointing too imo, hence why I stopped handing over my money) so I'm really craving a new pokemon game by now. Gen III are the least accessible games at the moment. Gen I, II and IV through VII can be played on 3DS, and of course Gen VIII is on switch, but to play Gen III you have to dig out a Gameboy or a DS, and I have no idea where my DS is anymore. It seems as though they have finally stopped annual releases (thank you) and if so, porting over older games would be a good way to satiate people in between mainline releases. I know they like to do these releases on anniversaries so I wonder if we'll have to wait until 2022 for Ruby & Sapphire's 20 year anniversary for a port if we even get one.

    submitted by /u/mishlufc
    [link] [comments]

    Huge Power Metang vs. Metagross?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Howdy fellas! I'm hoping to hear some thoughts on a conundrum I've run across, since I lack the knowledge to know the best route to take. I'm playing a randomized ORAS game, and have a Metang with Huge Power, but when it evolves into Metagross it will more than likely lose Huge Power. The question is, will the increase in base stats from evolving into Metagross make up for boost Metang is getting from Huge Power, or is it better to just leave him as Metang for the rest of the run? Thanks for the help. :)

    submitted by /u/ObiBraum_Kenobi
    [link] [comments]

    Anime's Sinnoh league: Should Tobias have been replaced by Paul's brother, Reggie?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    While the Sinnoh League is considered one of the best arcs in the series, fans tend to have an issue with Ash's final battle. His opponent, Tobias was never established before the league. Also, it's never explained where he got his legendary Pokemon. Some people argue he solely a plot device to prevent Ash winning the League.

    So I think a more natural way the writers could've done this, is by letting Reggie replace Tobias. Reggie is established early on in the series, as an experienced trainer who's completed multiple badge sets. Though, he's taken to Pokemon breeding before the series, so we rarely see him battle.

    So if he was convinced to have another shot at the Sinnoh league, I think he could fulfil Tobias's role better. Since the viewers have never seen his current team, there would still an air of mystery to him. Him competing in the league would be a minor plot twist in of itself. However it wouldn't come out of nowhere, since he was established beforehand. Since we know his history as an experienced trainer, his capability of beating Ash would make sense.

    As the brother of Paul, he would also add an extra character dynamic to the whole league. Perhaps Paul convinced Reggie to join the league, frustrated he gave up as a trainer. Knowing Paul, he would be bent on defeating his brother personally. It would be poetic for Ash to defeat Paul, only to be avenged by his brother in the next match.

    submitted by /u/Mellowix
    [link] [comments]

    Where should I hatch my Eevee eggs? (Gen 4)

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    In Gen 4, the location at which you have caught a mon is detailed in the Pokemon's summary. I would quite like to have a "matching" location depending on the type I will evolve my eevees into. I'm having a particularly hard time with Umbreon and Espeon as I can't find a themed location that would match their types. Any ideas?

    Here is what i have planned so far:

    • Glaceon (female) - Snowpoint City
    • Leafeon (male) - Eterna Forest
    • Jolteon (male) - Valley Windworks
    • Flareon (male) - hesiting between Fuego Ironworks and Stark Mountain - suggestions welcome!
    • Vaporeon (male) - actually have no idea for now, although I might take it to one of the lakes
    • Espeon (female) - I'm thinking Floaroma Meadow, but it's not "mystical" enough. Suggestions welcome!
    • Umbreon (male) - I wanted to hatch it in the Lost Tower, unfortunately that doesn't register as a location! Gives me road 209 instead ><

    Looking forward to what you come up with! Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/TetrisIsTotesSuper
    [link] [comments]

    Have another thought Meowth speaking human was an experiment.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    I know the real reason now, after watching EP 70. But when I was young, we didn't have internet and only copied disc with 3-12 episodes, so I've never watched ep 70. I always assumed Meowth was part of a team rocket experiment. I asked my brother about it and he thought the same. Any body else thought the same or it's just us two?

    submitted by /u/MelammuDingir
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon 2019 34 - Saito, the Lone Warrior! The Otosupus Menace!! Episode Discussion!

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    what is the Best 3rd main Legendary pokemon them?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    I think the 3rd legendaries (Giratina, Rayquaza, Zygarde, Necrozma, Kyurem, Eternatus) have one of the best music of the game's soundtrack, as for my favorite is(let's be quirky) Eternatus phase 1.

    Here are the musics if you want to check them out:

    Rayquaza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jXNiy68kIM

    Giratina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy4WUVI7Lrw

    Kyurem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRhp7bOCIqw

    Zygarde: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K6qBmnRizU

    Necrozma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAULhTGIL8 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFTemk99fLU

    Eternatus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvrPBOWZRKY&t=118s and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kBkP41wgkM

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/TheRedDevil66
    [link] [comments]

    Alpha Sapphire Play through

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I want to start a new play through of AS. I thought of my team of Bug and Grass type and this is my choice:

    Beautifly Ludicolo Breloom Masquerain Armaldo Tropius

    The reasoning behind this team is simple. This are my favorite 3rd gen pokemon of this types available on AS. What are your thoughts of this team?

    submitted by /u/Bratapfelgranate
    [link] [comments]

    The 3D style of the new games is kinda wack

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    I don't know if this is just me, but the newer games with 3D animations have this vibe, especially SwSh. They just feel like they're missing something in my opinion. When i look at for example gen 4 it just somehow overall looks better, maybe it just has a charm to it because it's older or maybe its because I enjoy art and sometimes make pixel-art so it feels way more sincere than the 3D animations. And this isn't about nostalgia either because I never played the older games.

    It would be really cool if there was a small spinoff game in the gen 3-5 style, but that will probably never happen because it would be a pretty bad move for game freak since they're trying to appeal to the current 9 year olds.

    I don't know how popular this opinion is, but let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/iIlolAa
    [link] [comments]

    I’m playing Alpha Sapphire for the first time and i felt completely under-levelled.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    Ok so, i'm playing Alpha Sapphire for the first time and i've just one shot the entirety of Sootopolis Gym, but for the entire game i've felt so behind and under-levelled. My highest is 49 and my lowest is 43, i guess it's good enough by the Elite 4 has like 60 +/- right? How should i level up more?

    Also just another thing, the Pokédex is a huge thing for me in Pokemon games but i literally only have 41 registered by the eighth gym? Appalling on my part. (Also i've just been told Birch has something new with the Pokédex so fun.)

    Yeah this isn't like an ask for help, well, advice on levelling would be fun. other than that no real reason for me saying this so, have a good day all :)

    submitted by /u/Gray_2802
    [link] [comments]

    I remember my first time playing Sapphire as a kid and catching Kecleon

    Posted: 22 Aug 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    It was my first Gen 3 game but it was in Japanese. I caught the first Kecleon after button mashing my way through the game. I couldn't understand the language, and it was even worse when I added Kecleon into my main team. I had no clue as to what was going on with this Kecleon thanks to its ability. I could see Kecleon was a normal type.

    Why were random moves suddenly becoming super effective midbattle? I had so many questions and it truly baffled me as a kid. Just imagine using Kecleon from Gen3 in a foreign language. Jeez.

    submitted by /u/terabellum-
    [link] [comments]

    My take on HMs

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    I know a lot of people hate HMs but personally I think they aren't terrible. I started playing earlier this year with Pokémon Sword and then bought a DS to play some of the older games. I've played Sun, Ultra Moon and am now halfway through Heartgold. The game I've enjoyed the most of so far has been Heartgold. I really like the feeling that you can't get to everything when you first see it because you may not have the proper HMs. This led to me coming back to a few places once attaining these HMs. While the DLC for gen 8 was good for exploration I still think that Heartgold has been the best of the games I've played so far for exploration and I believe the HMs help with this.

    submitted by /u/mmreeves21
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite pokemon game

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Out of all the games that have come out including the stadium games all the way up to sword and shield, what is your favorite game and why? Personally mine is pokemon SoulSilver, Because of the little pokeball device I had with it and it was the only game I could fill up the national dex (because I had diamond and another ds). I loved traveling through johto and Kanto, I personally feel like they had the best landmarks and characters.

    submitted by /u/morbidzeus
    [link] [comments]

    Balancing Starter Types

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    I've always felt that the Grass type hasn't been treated fairly when compared to the other Starter Pokemon types. I know Grass types have great set up and immunities to Spore and Leech Seed, but it just doesn't seem to measure to the sheer strength of the Fire and Water types. Water only has two weakness, and with a majority of the type learning Ice Beam, it feels like they've only one. Personally I think a rebalancing of Water and Grass types strengths and resistances could fix this.

    Firstly, I'd get rid of the Grass type's weakness to Ice. I'd remove Ice type as a weakness and make Ice resist Grass instead, as evergreen trees exist and are able to grow in harsh, icy conditions, its just more difficult for them.

    Secondly, I'd give Grass's weakness to Poison types to the Water type. Many naturally occurring toxins are found in plants such as deadly nightshade, so I think removing the weakness fits and maybe just create a Poison move called Weed Killer in the same vain as Freeze Dry. Now I'd give the weakness to the Water type as polluting a body of water has serious consequences for that ecosystem, as seen with oil spills and the rise of diseases such as cholera from dirty water.

    Sorry for the quite lengthy post, I hope you all like my ideas and give me some feedback on them.

    submitted by /u/AceTrainer99
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment