• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 4, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 04 October 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 04 October 2020


    [Hype Thread] 04 October 2020

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    Arceus (Gospel form) by Legendguard

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    I just got the best birthday gift ever!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Almost 9 years ago, my best friend at the time wanted to borrow my copy of Pokémon Platinum. I was super young at the time (10ish) and stupidly let him borrow it. He immediately went behind my back and sold it to GameStop a few days later.

    That copy of Pokémon Platinum was my first Pokémon game ever and it really sucked that I'd never find that exact game ever again. As a kid it broke my heart to see my friend do that to me. After 9 years of complaining, my sister decided to surprise me for my birthday by buying me a legit copy of Pokémon Platinum as a gift!

    Tbh this means the world to me and I just wanted to share some of my birthday happiness with you guys!

    Pic: https://i.imgur.com/YRO0MYK.jpg

    submitted by /u/King_Lykaon
    [link] [comments]

    I miss actually having to use my Pokemon to make them stronger

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    With the always on EXP share and Dynamax handouts these days I just have no attachment to the mons I catch if I can just feed them candies to blitz it past whatever the current levels of the enemies are. Slowly chipping up the levels of my team to take on the elite 4 in Platinum or Red in HGSS and finally managing win was so satisfying. It just feels like the games are shifting from the battling rpg end of the scale to the collect them all end and I just feel like it's best when it's a balance of them both.

    submitted by /u/Shakahron
    [link] [comments]

    THE GREAT RIVAL TOURNAMENT: FINAL ROUND

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    Well it's been a long journey but we made it. Some rivals got further than expected. Some didn't get as far as I hoped. But here we are with our final 2 rivals. Both are great rivals and I wish the best of luck for the both of them. Also the final is going to last for 3 days. And don't forget to vote as well as upvote so that this doesn't die out in five minutes.

    Your finalists are:

    Silver from the Johto games

    And

    N from BW

    I feel like this will be close. So once again

    Best of luck and may the best trainer win

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/PaddyTheLegend16
    [link] [comments]

    Wizard sableye

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Me and Swampert. Just chilling in overly dramatic lighting.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    [OC] An Inktober drawing of Mawile I thought might be enjoyed here

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Which pokemon games do you feel has the best selection of pokemon?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    One of the best reasons of playing pokemon is to have a team of your chosen pokemon to take on the journey. For me, the pokemon available can affect how much I enjoy the games. Sun and Moon imo had the best selection of pokemon that I could choose from, and honestly the only generations where I liked the majority of pokemon introduced.

    submitted by /u/Antihero_Silver
    [link] [comments]

    Does Anyone else want a Gym Leader like Blue again?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    In G/S/C and their remakes Blue is the Viridian City gym leader, and unlike other leaders that have a theme Blue's team is extremely diverse. Cheren could've done that if he was the 8th gym leader, but they missed that opportunity. We know leaders can have teams with varying types, but no leader has actually touched on a guy with just no theme whatsoever. He just comes at you with his personal team.

    (His Rhydon might be a required ground type though).

    submitted by /u/EmporerM
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t catch a Gligar in Pokémon Diamond without an Emerald GBA? What is that

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    I'm replying Pokémon Diamond, and I REALLY Want a Gligar. I looked up the Routes for where I can catch it, but it says I need an Emerald GBA. I don't have a Game Boy Advanced let alone do I own Emerald.

    Just wondering if it's possible if I could still catch it another way. And no Post Game, I don't really see a point in catching a Pokémon that I really can't use throughout the game.

    submitted by /u/BruhMoment987123
    [link] [comments]

    Oras Wally is the hardest rival rematch to unlock

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    Oras Wally is the hardest rival rematch to unlock

    Usually the rival rematch are simple. Beat the main story and go to a certain area and battle them. With their team being usually 5-10 levels higher than the champion. But Oras Wally is a different beast.

    First you have to go the battle maison which is unlocked after the Delta episode. Maybe you're thinking win one of the rounds and you battle him right? Wrong. I wish it were that easy.

    The battle maison is a battle tower that specializes in single double triple and rotation battles. They're normal circuits and super circuits that are unlock after beating the normal versions. The normal circuits are 20 battles while Super circuits are 50. And you must win every battle or you lose.

    And the battles range from easy to near impossible. That you need Arceus blessing to beat. Btw you know how to play Triple and rotation battles right? Cause did not you're extra screwed.

    Long story short you must beat every Super Circut. Which all and all is 280 battles if you include the normal circuit Matches you have too unlock them with.

    And those matches aren't walks in the park. There are so many combinations and strategies you have to watch out for and the leaders use legendary Pokémon trios.

    Just for the green haired boi

    submitted by /u/Kinabomo
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Should N have Reshiram or Zekrom?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    I want to ask this question since I've been curious about this for a while: which legendary should N have? Reshiram or Zekrom? I know that already this is a difficult question to ask since N ends up with the opposite legendary to the one you get, which means if you choose White or Black as you're first Gen 5 playthrough, the decision is made for you already. I mean from a character perspective, which one fits N's personality and character arc the best in you're opinion?

    For me, I choose Reshiram, partly since White was my pick when B&W came out (i love Zekrom), but it's a lot more than that. Firstly, the design. it's no secret that Reshiram has a far more feminine design compared to Zekrom, which I think fits N very well. N is not like the player, he's more soft-spoken in nature (barring the few moments of fierce determination), more analytical, seems to think more than act. Secondly, Reshiram's battle style (as a special attacker) would fit more into N's more careful, calm demeanor. which differs from Zekrom (a physical attacker, which is naturally associated with active fighting). Finally, as a character.

    I think the reason people pair N with Zekrom is because his plan to separate people and Pokemon sounds like an ideal. that he wants to create his ideal world where Pokemon are no longer hurt. But I think it's the opposite for one simple reason: Ghetsis. The whole reason Ghetsis adopted N was so that he could be molded into having that opinion, to use him as his weapon to conquer Unova. Essentially, if N was more like Ghetsis in personality, Zekrom would fit him more (Ghetsis' party in both games do contain a few physical attackers. also Zekrom and Ghetsis both have red eyes). However, N isn't like Ghetsis. he's quieter, empathetic, fitting Reshiram better. But I think it goes even deeper than that.

    In having N chosen by Reshiram (the pokemon of truth), it correlates to the philosophical meaning of truth and N's character arc. In our real world, the truth is constantly evolving, constantly changing. What we accept as reality can be altered tomorrow. Hundreds of years ago, it was considered "truth" that we were the center of the solar system. It's natural for the truth to change, which connects back to N. N's entire arc is about changing his perception of the world, realizing that humanity isn't all as cruel and heartless as he was taught. Contrasted by Hilda/Hilbert, who is accepted by Zekrom by not compromising what they believe. holding on to their ideals: that humans and Pokemon are at their best when together. the difference and similarity can be found simply in Zekrom and Reshiram's secondary typings: Electric/Lightning (that which will always go into one direction, despite being able to branch in other directions) and Fire (able to grow and evolve into completely different shapes if properly fed).

    But that's just my opinion. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts about this topic in the comments. Just remember to be nice about other's opinions, ok? The best part about discussing this topic is that, even if you choose one, there is still evidence supporting another interpretation. There is no definitive answer, I'm just giving my interpretation.

    submitted by /u/ChampionAshley
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I'd doodle A Halloween PHANTUMP I love this little guy (OC)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Nostalgia OVER 9000

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    The first ever Pokémon games I ever played were the Gen 3 games specifically Ruby and Leaf Green. I got them both from my cousin who had better saves in the counterpart versions (Sapphire and FireRed). Ruby was the game where I created my first save and I played that game so much. In 2014, when the remakes were announced, I was beyond ecstatic and I couldn't wait to pick up a copy. However, as the release date drew closer, I lost interest and never picked it up for some reason. Last year, I saw a friend selling his old games for very cheap and one of them was Omega Ruby. I bought it but I, for some freaking reason, never played it until now. When I created my player and left that delivery truck, I was hit with a brick of emotions. That littleroot town music remastered played and I was on the verge of tears. I recalled the old beginner days on my GBA; choosing Torchic, evolving into Blaziken, making him into a one man army, capturing Groudon in a master ball. The nostalgia rush was something I never felt before. I am forever thankful for Pokémon.

    submitted by /u/Bikas_27
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think older dexholders doing now?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Give me prompt of what you think the older dexholders would do now that would be interesting to do like a little short for them.

    Red : Besides training diligently, he also do a start a side career with the mons for some money like berry farming, snore ain't gonn feed himself and green is not giving his gym back.

    Ruby : Explore newer regions like kalos for inspiration of his next contest costume, but also found alot of super natural occurance from said region.

    Diamond and silver : met at proteam omega con

    Emerald : Travel other alternate universe with hoopa

    Yellow : Go on a journey to complete red's old pokedex, found a baby meltan

    Green : Babysit daisy's own kid, but daisy still can't trust him, so she call red to co-babysit both of them.

    submitted by /u/TheGoldminor
    [link] [comments]

    I know nobody cares but does anyone like the Dark Raichu pokemoncard i have ? :)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    I really love my Dark Raichu since it's the oldest card i still have and i dont even remember where i got it from. (No it is not at a good condition, maybe looks pretty okay in that picture but there is a lot of white on the edge and at the corners to see at the back very obviously) I love its design very much and if you want you can show me your most loved pokemoncard in the comments you are owning :)

    Here the card : Dark Raichu https://imgur.com/gallery/gFBAICv

    Sorry i only know how this posting picturelinks works with imgur (pretty dumb me i know).

    submitted by /u/Osumazi
    [link] [comments]

    A better game

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I wish there was a game, where you could choose a non starter to be your starter, like ponyta or cradily or literally anything, and you would go out and explore loke normal, but you could have companions like the anime if you wanted And it wasn't about becoming the champion, like you could focus on contests if you wanted, or becoming a gym leader, or even join the evil team, or lead one And every choice you made would affect the story

    submitted by /u/dontdodresses
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion: Xy Early game is actually difficult

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    So the main complaint that xy gets is the fact that it was piss easy due to experience share.while by no means I disagree I think the xy Early game was one of the hardest in the franchise.

    1.viola had a fully evolved pokemon at level 12 knowing infestation and gust.water spout surskit nullifies fenniken while Frankie's water gun is resisted and often didnt hit hard enough(gust hits harder).chespin haa the obvious type disadvantage but thankfully it learns rollout meaning if it can face the vivilion with full health intact it can manage.speaking of gym battles korrinas dual lucario can really surprise too

    2.Lack of decent early game pokemon/moves

    Honestly this is a common problem in all games but this one easily has the worst problem after the physical special split especiallyconsidering the huge xy pokedex.dp pl had starly and shinx and his holiness lord bidoof,hgss had mareep,bellspout,geodude,bw2 had tons of good mons before 1st badge(riolu,mareep,sewaddle,venipede) the only exception was bw where you can only get lillipup.coming to moves azurill has to rely on a unstabbed bubble for 14 levels.nice while riolu doesn't get a decent stab until level 15 either.

    3.lack of decent early game tm. You get return only after forever and infestation is garbage even on a spewa.

    4.contrary to popular belief Some of the early game xy routes in particular route and 5 were incredibly hard to navigate with mazes

    Speaking of navigation route 13 takes the cake for being the MOST ANNOYING ROUTE IN THE FUCKING FRANCHISE BAR NONE.

    The difficulty does really fall flat around 4th badge though.but the early game is surprisingly hard

    submitted by /u/invincible_pell
    [link] [comments]

    My redo of my favorite Pokémon of each type. Tell me what you guys think

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    What's your favorite Ghost Type Pokemon and why?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    With it finally being spooky season, I wanted to get some discussion for one of my favorite types in the game: ghost. I wanna know what your favorite ghost type Pokemon is, whether it was introduced as a ghost type, or gained the typing through a regional variant, and explain why you like it. I think ghost types are one of the most unique and interesting types out there, especially with how it can introduce inanimate object Pokemon (Polteageist, Dhelmise, Aegislash, etc) and not have people rage over it.

    submitted by /u/Pokebuster64
    [link] [comments]

    I Finally Beat the Elite Four Pokemon Platinum and it took me five tries. Was it supposed to be this tough?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Okay so I beat Pokemon Platinum with the Kanto starters(Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle) as my my main three starters and I eventually evolved an Evee into Umbreon. That was my main 4 Pokemon going into the Elite four. If was a juggling act all game trying to level up all of them.

    Going into the Elite Four I had a

    -Lvl 58 Charizard -Lvl 59 Blastoise -Lvl 55 Ivysaur -Lvl 53 Umbreon -Lvl 48 Tentacruel -Lvl 42 Graveler

    I started the game with a lvl 5 Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. I really struggled vs the Elite four with the battle vs the Champion being the toughest battle.

    I've been trying to get into Pokemon more strategically now that I'm older. The question is, was my approach flawed going in with the Pokemon I had or is the Elite four normally this tough?

    submitted by /u/Si_02_
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an EU Pokemon online store?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    My 4-year-old son loves Lucario and I'd like to get him a plush toy. There is one on the online Pokemon Center but it only ships in the US and I'm based in the UK.

    Does anyone know if there's an official EU web store? Or a store that sells official merchandise? I can see a few fakes on Amazon and eBay. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/eSports_News_UK
    [link] [comments]

    Conducting a statistical analysis of Pokemon Fans

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I am a university student and a longtime member of the Pokemon community! I am currently doing a survey to evaluate sentiments towards Pokemon Sword and Shield from the competitive and casual community. If you're on Twitter you may recognize the survey already since I was fortunate enough to be retweeted by some prominent Poketubers.

    I still need more responses from the casual community, having received a lot of attention from the competitive community already. But of course, I'd love if anyone can do they survey!

    I'd really appreciate it if you guys can go through and answer the questions. All the answers are completely anonymous, and it won't take you more than 5 minutes to answer.

    Thank you anyone who answers the survey. You can find the link here.

    submitted by /u/v112358s
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment