• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 11, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 11 October 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 11 October 2020


    [Hype Thread] 11 October 2020

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    I hate that Ash promised to come back and get Pidgeot after returning from the Orange Archipelago but he never did...

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Just earlier in the same episode (Pallet Party Panic) Pidgeotto had taken a Poison Sting for Ash and Pikachu, with Misty and Brock commenting on how loyal it was.

    After evolving, Pidgeot stays behind to defend his new flock from Spearow and Fearow, with Ash pledging to return after collecting the GS Ball.

    I'm not saying Pidgeot would want to return to Ash, but it sucks Ash never even went back. It's close to Pallet Town, too!

    Cmon Ash, it was the second Pokemon you caught man, do better!

    submitted by /u/eeeeeep
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my Gym Leader Nessa themed Switch!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    I've recently found my old copy of Pokemon diamond and looking through it I realised that I was an absolute dumbass as a kid

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    Like seriously, I go in and find out that I've sold all my items in my bag (Including berries, TM's and battle items)

    My toterra's name is "BALL"

    my entire Pokemon party are all at level 100 but for some reason half a box in the PC are full of bidoofs

    I wasted a masterball on 1 lake guardian (Uxie)

    I have not won a single contest, including the most easiest mode

    I still havent captured dialga, I just tried 3 or 4 times and then assumed it was impossible and just kept killing him the other million times

    I have been playing through platinum for the past month and looking at the state of my old Pokemon save it brings literal physical pain to me

    submitted by /u/RedHopper13
    [link] [comments]

    POKEMON GO | POKEDEX 100% COMPLETED 622/622 (OCTOBER 2020)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    After catching Victini from the research task last night, I was finally able to have an up to date Pokedex on Pokemon Go.

    https://youtu.be/25RrmiS4hSU

    submitted by /u/Luentrix
    [link] [comments]

    Fun story: I was such an innocently stupid kid

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    Back when Red and Blue came out i had no idea what pokemon was. Traded my Tetris cartridge (which was my 1st gameboy game, and i had played for hours) with a kid's Red version who got it as a gift and never liked it. On the other hand, I loved it! But I had no idea what i was doing, no guides (obviously no internet back then), u get it. I couldn't wait to make my team of strong monsters and beat the game! So in the pokemon center outside of Mt. Moon, when a suspicious old man offered a Magikarp for 500 bucks, my kid brain immediately thought: it must be a magic pokemon, sweet!!! Did I just buy a magician, or maybe a genie? Then i saw a fish. So i thought, maybe there's something good about this fish. Then i met Splash.. i couldnt believe it! So many years later, I still can't believe how i was bamboozled. (Obviously at the time I had no idea about Gyarados, which wouldve sweetened the deal) I kinda miss those days, that "everything is new and exciting" vibe.

    submitted by /u/FilosKalos
    [link] [comments]

    Sinistea Etymology

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    I stumbled across a thing! It's just a bit of trivia, but I haven't seen it referenced elsewhere (though I'm sure I'm not the first).

    So, Sinistea. Easy etymology trivia: sinister + tea. But! The species name for the tea plant is Camellia Sinensis. So, there's the easy additional name reference of sinensis, but going a step further, sinensis translates from the Latin "from China" (because of where the tea plants originally came from), and, though it may be a bit of a stretch, it wouldn't be too far to suggest that the authentic form of Sinistea is coming "from fine China."

    Layers.

    submitted by /u/erudite_leo
    [link] [comments]

    Which of these unused types would you most like to see?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Last week I posted a selection of unused types to see what people would be excited to see next. Yesterday I posted a survey of unused Normal types to see if anyone will be excited for those, but Normal duel type seem to get a lot of hate for some reason. Next I may ask about types that only legendaries or megas have.

    Here are some of the last unused type combinations, what type would you like to see next gen?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/PokemonGoIncubus
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon, Gen 1, and the lack of innovation - Theory

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 04:54 AM PDT

    So, everyone hates Gen 1 Pandering, right? Like, unless you're a genwunner (which constant demonization made quite a rarity nowadays), you think gen 1 gets too much attention, well here's my theory on why they pander to Gen 1 so much.

    See, I'm willing to be that GameFreak had no idea that Pokemon would blow up as big as it did in the 90s. I mean, when it made that big of a splash, who would? Then by the time Gen 2 was in development the people at gamefreak decided to see if they can emulate the same success by redoing the same formula again but with different characters, region, and pokemon. And.. that kinda worked since it was a sequel and was still on the game boy, but it sold slightly less. And seeing as how lightning struck in relatively the same place twice they would try again and again, Gen after Gen to do the exact same thing again with a new pokemon roster, new region, and new story, instead of actually innovating its gameplay.

    This is where the gen 1 shit comes in. Notice how so many of Gen 5's pokemon mirror Gen 1 (Conkeldurr and Machamp, Gigalith and Golem, Etc.)? Its no secret that they tried to make Gen 5 a soft reboot to the series but add that little extra spice by doing the whole "Is pokemon battling ethical?" thing. That didn't work and Gen 5's sequels sold the lowest out of all the mainline games up to that point.

    So when Gen 6 came around they had an epiphany. "We don't need to try to put effort into emulating their success we could just have that same bare amount of growth by just shoving Kanto in their faces!" So they did that with Gen 6 with them giving away a Kanto starter and most of the megas being gen 1 pokemon. Then they were gearing to do the same thing with sun and moon but then Pokemon Go released with exclusively Gen 1 Pandering which means that.. it worked again. So then after Gen 7's alolan forms of only Gen 1 mons, they are probably not gonna stop pandering to Gen 1 any time soon if the 2 switch games are anything to come by.

    But when Sword and Shield were in the middle of development they were like "Oh shit, we don't have enough development time to do the same thing again." so they decided that when the effort they put into game boy games wasn't gonna cut it anymore, instead of putting in MORE effort, they cut the roster so they would just keep going without even ASKING for more time.

    TLDR; They keep pandering to Gen 1 because they want to emulate Gen 1's success. They refuse to innovate or change beyond what was done on the game boy to emulate Gen 1's success. They are releasing these games with 2 versions that are barely any different from each other to emulate Gen 1's success. They are putting Gameboy level effort into their games to try to emulate that success.

    2 Dated Games from the 90s sold bafflingly well and they haven't moved on since.

    So with that said.. why do.. I still follow pokemon? After everything I just said, why do I still play it and like it and enjoy myself? Because Pokemon is fun. The games, while the most formulaic series on that side of Fifa and Madden, the games still have a lot of choice in the monsters I have and the experience I make with each new team is completely unique. The stories while never great, are still very charming with their characters most of the time. The gameplay, while never THAT in depth in terms of animations or difficulty has a lot of factors that Competitively dives deep in.

    Pokemon is still good, it is just in desperate need of a change VERY soon for it to hold my interest any longer.

    submitted by /u/DoctorCalamari
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t we use Eternamax Eternatus?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    We were able to use the fused legendaries and use Ultra Necrozma, so can somebody please explain why we can't use Eternamax Eternatus? Seriously, they could have made a smaller version that we could use or allowed us to feed it Max Soup or equip some item to turn Eternatus into this form. We can't even Dynamax him. So could somebody please explain this.

    submitted by /u/G3m1N1X
    [link] [comments]

    I drew my Pokémon Y team!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/frcgoUN Like my Ultra Sun team, I created this one at the very start of the game, since I knew exactly what Pokémon I wanted to use this game. Don't worry, they may be hacked but it's on an emulator so you don't have to worry about anything. This team is horribly unbalanced but I like each one of these teammates, and they have all done great.

    submitted by /u/LuminothWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Best Pokémon souvenir

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    I was born in 2001 and love Pokémon since I can't even remember. When I got my first gameboy at about 3-4 years old, my parents bought me Pokémon Leaf Green.

    I was so happy starting my adventure and chose Charmander. I don't remember exactly when, but after it evolved into Charmeleon it got poisoned. I don't know if you remember, but in FR/LG when one of your Pokémon is poisoned the game kinda glitch and you hear a weird noise.

    Me being about 4 yo playing my first Pokémon game thought that my game was lagging and was going to break. Within a second, I went to my mom and told her that I think my game was broken. She then told me to stop playing the game and to give it to her so that we could go to the store in a couple of days to change it.

    So right after telling her, my mom took my game, put it in the box and went to the store to change it because I thought it was broken. The thing was that my Pokémon was simply poisoned lol.

    I had to start over all because of myself being an innocent 4 yo ahah. It's a great memory that I have and one of the best.

    PS: I'm sorry Walmart for returning a perfectly working game lol.

    submitted by /u/Jerethy
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Kangaskhan named like Ghengis Khan

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    I don't get it. I checked on google and apparently it was named after Ghengis, that's cool and all, but why. He's like the most notorious conqueror in human history, the guy halted global warming because he killed so many people. What does he have in common with a maternal kangaroo.

    submitted by /u/reddidetective
    [link] [comments]

    I have a birdy feeling, the switch detective pikachu game is an unreal engine 4 project and is a remake.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Would make sense to use for detective pikachu in particular espiecially coming from the technical marvel of the live action movie.

    detective pikachu the game itself is always meant to be more of a graphical showreel to push the 3ds hardware to full use, even the first teaser we had was a pikachu animation in mokap.

    so i feel like they will do the same again, but now pushing the limit of the switch, using an engine specifically made to do that.

    that being said is still nintendo, don't really expect actual movie detective pikachu level of realism, at best is a 2007 pixar movie.

    i also think why is taking so long is because it might be a remaking everything from scratch, to tie in closer to the movie, even if is not a direct movie adaption they will likely want to incoperate more scenes from the movie to the game while also be a seperate universe, not many really played the original but everyone knows the movie so it doesn't sound likely they want to continue a story not many know

    also further adding the prediction, creatures inc are hiring unreal engine developers for their new project on their website and the site has a pic of their desk using the engine itself with a base model pikachu.

    submitted by /u/TheGoldminor
    [link] [comments]

    What would be your ultimate Pokemon team? (You can give nicknames if you want)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    (filling in some extra text because you have to put min 50 words in this for some reason...)

    My personal team would be:

    Camilla the Mudsdale (the ace)

    Vivian the Primarina

    William the Aggron

    Scrotch the Salazzle (please don't ask me where I got that name)

    Raivo The Hydreigon (means rage in Finnish)

    Teije the Bewear (my sister's teddy, in honor of her)

    submitted by /u/flying_luckyfox
    [link] [comments]

    How good was Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen on a 0-5 Scale?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    I plan to make a poll like this for every game Mainline Pokemon entry and maybe some of the spinoffs such as the mystery dungeon games because I want to see how this fanbase has shifted overtime because people's opinions can change and the vocal minority can shift as well.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/MaleSalazzle
    [link] [comments]

    What would you do about the influx of legendary pokemon?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I have seen quite a lot of people being unhappy with the very large number of the legendary pokemon in the games now and saying that they don't feel as special as they should anymore. So I was wondering what you would do about the situation? It's an problem that was inevitable and is now very hard to get out of, so I was womdering what you would do about the problem if you were making the game?

    submitted by /u/UltimateKing9898
    [link] [comments]

    My Nuzlocke Team

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    I started my first nuzlocke ever on emerald. I've been trying to learn how to draw in my unemployment and though I can't compare to much of what I see here, I'm pretty happy with this progress and wanted to share. I had a random starter is why Spheal is in it.

    https://imgur.com/a/YDazXIu

    Edit: Nina the Nincada died to a Zigzagoon with Surf :(

    Edit2: Rival took out Spheal, Ralts, Zubat. All my strongest. Big sad

    submitted by /u/TDubTheSubBub
    [link] [comments]

    White 2 Buying

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    I really want to play Pokemon black/ white 2 and was wondering where I could find a cheapish version? I don't mind if it's been used or not, but everything on eBay seems to be really expensive.

    Also how can I tell if the game card is legit or not? I'm in the UK so if anyone here is willing to sell that'd be great, just send me a message.

    Anyway thank you for the help in advance.

    submitted by /u/WeirdFish28
    [link] [comments]

    What Pokemon do I need to complete this team?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    I'm playing soulsilver and I've trained my 5 best pokemon to lvl 50 before I'm taking on the Elite Four. however I am not sure what pokemon I need to put into that 6th spot.

    I've currently got this team (all lvl 50):

    Gyarados

    Heracross

    Ampharos

    Togetic

    Misdreavus

    The starter I picked is Feraligatr but as I prefer Gyarados I thought it was useless to fill that 6th spot with another water-type.

    submitted by /u/supervulp
    [link] [comments]

    Belly drum snorlax?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Is belly drum a good option for online battles? My snorlax is a gluttony, figy berry user with recycle to use as a staller but using belly drum couldn't I start the battle with it and immediately be healed then recycle the turn after? I'm aware that Pokemon with haze would ruin the strategy but how viable would it be?

    submitted by /u/totallynotme2002
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon wildlife TV show?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:28 PM PDT

    I just watched the beginning of Pokémon journeys and I thought how cute and beautiful the wild life of Pokémon is. Having a small documentary series showing the wildlife of Pokémon with a nice narrator like the documentary "Our World" would be great. I know they can't fully show how it would be but making little stories like pichu would be great to follow

    submitted by /u/FearMyNippls
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get more BallGuy Pokeballs outside the Isle of Armor machine? Items don’t transfer from other Home accounts, and you can’t friend trade without multiple Nintendo online subscriptions :(

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment