• Breaking News

    Friday, October 30, 2020

    Pokémon I carved a Litwick pumpkin

    Pokémon I carved a Litwick pumpkin


    I carved a Litwick pumpkin

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    are Used games are very interesting some times ... or am i just to lucky?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    i recently got a used copy of pokemon alpha sapphire on the 3ds. normally i would have just deleted the past trainers progress but i could not figure out how to. so i just logged in. the player was a female, had a mudkip as its starter and had only just reached oldale town. i saw how early game this was and saw nothing out of the ordinary so i figured i would just go with it. so i started my normal strategy. level up, beat brendan and catch some zigzagoons and walk around with them for free stuff and continue leveling up. but it was when i checked the pc in the pokemon center that i got a shock. does anyone remember the event mew from 2016? the one that was level 100 and only knew pound? THAT WAS THE ONLY OTHER POKEMON SHE HAD! it was mint condition too. but i really can't believe my own luck. out of all the used alpha saphire and omega ruby cartridges, i just happened to pick up the one out of all of them, that was literally at the games beginning so i did not have to restart and was created 4 years ago and left untouched all of that time until who ever it was randomly sold it back to gamestop and i just got, by sheer chance this untouched event mew i would have completely missed out on other wise. what dose reddit think about that?

    submitted by /u/pr0mc
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Black and White is amazing

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    Just finished my playthrough of pokemon White after Sun, Omega Ruby, Y and Platinum all for the first time. And I can say now that I was very stupid to not play pokemon BW for so much time. Its easily in my top 5. The music, the new pokemon, Unova and most importantly the story, specially N. Everything was great. Except for Ghetsis battle. That was hard, really hard for me. It seem everyone (or almost everyone) likes Gen 5 nowadays so this post isnt really something special, but I just had to make it.

    Im planing on playing the sequels next. Are they worth it ?

    submitted by /u/RafaelRoriz
    [link] [comments]

    I tryed to make a Deoxys design on animal crossing

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Why is Hoenn News Network so rude??

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    I'm replaying Alpha Sapphire after several years of not playing it, and I turn in to the HNN app to see what it does. The lady on it immediately bashes me. She tells all of Hoenn that I ignored an Electrike rustling in some grass, and that I was blind. Then their Name Rater shows up, and says that Skarmory's nickname is average, and it itself was average. He said that since I took 11 seconds to decide on his name, that's all you need to know about me. Lay off me HNN, I'm saving the region over here, what'd I ever do to you??

    submitted by /u/JumpOnStars
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Pokemon Shield with only a scorbunny.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    that's right, I started this the other night and beat it in a day only using a scorbunny. It was honestly fun but kind of tricky.

    I didn't use raid dens but like once and didn't use any candy at all. I /did/ use the DLC but i did that with Scorbunny too.

    some notes before I begin:
    - i haven't finished the crown tundra, trying to catch ice horse with friend ball rn, but i entered it once and decided it was a bad idea, i just wanted the fashion of the explorer's pants and calyrex sweater. i did do the other stuff later but that'll come up.
    - I did not finish the isle of armor completely either, it requires using kubfu, i will do that once i finish the crown tundra, get water tower, then battle mustard with scorbunny only.

    I ended up doing post game too and that was rough.

    Run down of the experience:

    Welcome to Shield, take your bunny:
    - Picked Scorbunny obviously and named it Mochi.
    - Reset for +Attack/-Sp.DEF nature (bites my ass a bit later).
    - things go a bit easy for a bit, catching some pokemon but boxing them immediately once i got box link (i did not decide to do scorbunny only, but i had only begun using scorbunny and decide at the wild area, i use scorbunny only).
    - I go to the isle of armor and avery immediately shows me my sp. def flaw but manages to stall out after a few level differences (the abra is the biggest roadblock here).
    - I end up leveling up with chansey to a level 22 scorbunny and with that, I roll through using flame charge vs mustard (which was the mvp of the challenge tbh).
    - I end up tackling the first two challenges with ease tbh and obtain low kick through doing about a few raids, getting watts, doing digging pa, and talking to the trader in East Lake Axewell for later. I pretty much sold the TRs i got tho. I also sold the candy. It's not nessairy.
    - I tried the third challenge. I'll come back later Avery.
    - I also bought a ton of pokeballs and potions from the watt trader by the dojo, it's like super cheap and i can hold onto them and sell some later for free money.

    Signing up for the Championship cup:
    - go to motostoke, pick the number 0, so now we're number challenger 0.
    - battles that happened were a joke because of double kick (pretty much early game tool because of how much of a joke things are). - Scorbunny occasionally gets a level up, B, B, B, B.
    - On the way to Turffield, we meet Bede, he's a bit of tricky situation at first because of sp. def yet again being low. it's fine though once flame charge gets up to speed.
    - Turffield is a joke, fire? meet grass. no dynamax needed. overleveled to raboot (but no evolution!).
    - Route 5 breezes by. Box toxel immediately (we have kubfu and toxel for later important reasons.)
    - now nessa whew. Nessa was the first of a few roadblocks here. It's the first one that really showed me that I really was gonna struggle if I didn't boost my stats. Good thing I saved my max mushrooms. Goldeen was okay. I got a bit lucky with Horn Attack RNG. Then came up Arrokuda. With the max mushrooms, it did noticable damage but enough i could survive a few fits. Drednaw. Nessa made me reset twice because of rng crits and I just was so taken aback. However, third time's the charm as one says. I dynamaxed to get sunny day out basically and cleared with max knuckle.
    - Bede shows up again, but this point, we're level 27 from the level ups we've gotten so we got Quick Attack, Double Kick, Headbutt, and Flame Charge. Headbutt is also probably one of the few moves that really come into play more than I thought.
    - If you ask about any hop fights, he was a pushover since I don't remember his fights at all tbh early on i just cleared them in one go is all i remembered.
    - Kabu time! So i couldn't actually go into it scorbunny only but rule was reset IF scorbunny fainted to stick to the point of the challenge. Thanks to the fire typing though, Scorbunny cleared with ease, even if Centiscorch being aggro at the end. So that's gym number 3!
    - I return to kick Avery's ass now being like Level 30 and having sp. def and def stuff. seeing as avery only had specials though, special def was all i needed and i clean house. Kubfu now is mine here as as I said earlier, we need kubfu for later.

    Hammerlockedown and Quarantine:
    - get to the town, do my little plot, kick team yell ass, and well. Everything is fine until Artist Duncan. Artist Duncan. Man made me get scorbunny up to level 45 here cause rock slide. His sudowoodo was a ohko basically eugh. but we level up, b, b, remember the everstone, and go. Double kick would be the finisher here (and i probably wouldn't have needed to if i remembered to use x defense but it doesn't hurt).
    - Hop's depression strikes here and is trampled over easily. yawn. should've brought a sudowoodo.
    - Allister is a case of a fight that I made sure I was fully prepared. I had said goodbye to Double Kick and replaced it with Bounce and brought X Attacks, X Defenses, and X Sp. Defenses. You see, the thing about Allister isn't that he's necessarily hard, but he has enough that will mess you up if you're not quick or clear. You can't use blaze because the moment you hit yamask, wandering spirit hits. If you don't have bounce, disable will take your only move. Clear yamask, leave corosla alive too long, and you basically doomed yourself with Curse. Mimikyu cannot be killed in one go and will spam baby doll eyes, hitting your attack. Gengar also has hypnosis and will gmax right away. spending the time buffing my defenses worked out because i then buffed my attack at least once, and breezed through. not hard but one simple mistake accounted me resetting.
    - Bede was sp. def buffing then kill with headbutt and flame charge. now he's cancelled.
    - breeze through the tangle and get to fairy gym where we have to buff sp. def but never had any issue because fire resists fairy. not to mention we don't buff much because quiz also buffs us (never pick the obvious, always suck up). flame charge and kill, that was the fight. with bounce helping up on g-max cakery.
    - head back to hammerlocke, bede is stolen away by opal, we fight hop again after kaboomies. before we do, low kick replaces bounce and wipes half his team (it ohko snorlax).

    Ice to meet you, Punk Rock:
    - we're level ~50 now. we continue onwards. the grind gets us up to level 55. get go to face melony. she was fairly in a case of allister but easier. having a 4x stab on a bug was a joke, darmanitan was easy to bust through, hail on eiscue was stalling her doom, g-max lapras was fine after a set up with x sp. def, and died soon enough.
    - hop again, oh hey he got his wooloo back in and evolved it, low kick and flame charge steamrolls still and gives us experience.
    - we decide to go into the crown tundra after this and peony wipes us but apparently you can go in without winning so! whatever! (i tried multiple times but just shrugged it. kind of an oversight on yalls part gamefreak bc i could catch a level 65 pokemon and just go ham if i can do this early on.)
    - anyways, we go face marnie, she exists, i remember. scorbunny sweeps with low kick and headbutt. we're off to face piers, now.
    - remember when i said toxel and kubfu are important? this is reason 1, toxel is needed for the double battles here mid dungeon and we want a low leveled pokemon we can let die off. anyways piers doesn't dynamax, but he's also a dark type so low kick does some work, but being weight dependant, flame charge follows up. malamar being the only one i had minor issue with but didn't struggle too much.
    - leon tosses us to fight raihan and calls us a baby without doing so basically. i'm going to kick his ass.

    Raihan gets his own section because why is this fight like this:
    raihan is the other one why we needed kubfu. all those max revives come in handy now too because we needed revive kubfu each match up or they will not actually let us fight the trainers. anyways raihan. ugh.

    i love this man but trying to solo raihan is hard, kubfu is basically "set up" fodder. x defense, x sp. def, GUARD SPEC AND DIRE HIT. X attack. God this man comes READY. So he opens up with a Flygon and Gigalith. Flygon loves to spam breaking swipe and my god, use guard spec or else flygon WILL lower your attack. Scorbunny also has 0 effectiveness against flygon and then sandacobra. Gigalith is easy to lowkick and ohko, but flygon and sandacobra are the worst duo. Breaking Swipe AND Glare. You might ask yourself, "is kubfu alive" haha no.

    So this fight took me at least 10 tries. It is /the/ roadblock which, to be fair, Raihan doesn't hold himself back from why he's the final gym leader. All I can say is I had to play a cycle of heal, buff, spec, attack and damn well I knew I had tochance it. Flygon went down after flinching to headbutts and that was my moment. Duraludon came out next but I came out and dynamaxed and basically killed it immedately and then Sandacobra when FINALLY alone died off. I will say too, I pokemon camped enough where RNG endurance played in my favor. It really felt like one of those anime fights. anyways no more please

    we're off to kick leon's champion butt:
    - route 10 is a joke but we're level 70 at this point and one of the enemies can deal 95% of damage to mochi because of stab 2x dmg despite being overleveled :/
    - sign up for the semi-finals but taking time to get caught up and restock on items and we're good to go.
    - marnie we just sweep, a bit too overleveled there oops.
    - hi hop, bye hop. low kick and flame charge just hit most of hop's weaknesses. pinchurin is the only thing i don't have weakness for but it dies easily.
    - we play with marcos cosmos. steel types. easy as hell. bye.
    - Oleana, we buff sp. defense. Oleana is fairly easy enough, first two flame has stab effectiveness, milotic and salalalazzzisle go down easy, and garbage day dies quick enough after buffing attack and headbutting.
    - Nessa... 2! but first bede! Bede being a fairy leader now is a bit easy to run by, sp. def buffing and we clean house thanks to resistence to fairy.
    - Nessa... 2! So despite being leveled so high, because being a pre-evolution with low stats, despite holding an evolite, nessa is able to deal a LOT of damage with stab water. We need to buff defense immediately, and i mean IMMEDATELY as well as guard spec because liquidation cuts defense HARD and Golisopod loves using it. we decide to buff attack too once and sp. def just in case, and make emergency exit hit. Barraskewa likes to ALSO use liquidation. Is there a sale? So cleaning that up, we buff attack again and basically headbutt our way through Barraskewa, Golisopod returns and nessa heals right away. Golisopod exits again and with that, Nessa made this fight a joke because headbutt exists and pelipepper goes down after a crit and flinching. Golisopod returns to die. Seaking who? Gmax Drednaw was a bit of a stressor for me but I dynamaxed Scorbunny here since I didn't wanna use it unless I /absolutely/ had to and I wanted to avoid taking a max rockfall. She also tried a max geyser but we got the best with a max knuckle.
    - Allister taught me one thing. Don't rely on one single move. I had to reset for this fight cause my current move set was Low Kick / Flame Charge / Headbutt / Quick Attack and here's the thing. Chandelure has flash fire. :) :)))))). So I had the assurance TM from route 7 and taught it, overwriting quick attack since flame charge was basically all i needed for priority. I buffed up hard and quick just using 3 of x defense, sp. def, and x attack because i wasn't gonna get trapped. had a moment with dusknoir in the beginning but I blew through this fight.
    - would you believe me if I told you Raihan 2 was easier than Raihan 1? I'm 99% sure you would since 2 specific things, 1: he opens with torkoal and 2: it's singles, not doubles. Buffed ASAP to max attack and defenses and I just spammed headbutt, low kick, and got through the fight with ease. I was DONE. Now i'm going to go kick Leon's a- ah jesus we gotta do all this, FINE.
    - No seriously, Rose? What the hell? well fine. Kick your ass too, steel type dies. it's fine. rose is easy. steel weak to fire after all lmafooo. - so where do i begin with eterneus. this wasn't ever going to be doable solo. What I mean in this is it's a raid battle, and all I could do is headbutt and wait and heal up if i got hit by this monster. Zamazenta, Zacian, and Hop did most of the work but who cares, I did it. Scary moment but got through.
    - Leon's finally going down here. Aegislash is perfect because i can buff up all the way. because of everything between now and then, Mochi is level 79? so clearing though his team, Aegislash with flame charge, Dragapault with Assurance, Haxorus with Headbutt and flame charge, headbutting intellion, and flame charge on mr. rime, here we are.. we stand against all odds. haha get dunked on leon. we did it!!!!!! we're the champions!!!

    I hate pokegram influencers:
    - so after becoming champion, we decide to go to the weld because zacian and zamazenta called us and told us to return their shield and sword when we tried to sell it for 50 pokebucks on pikabay.
    - hop is there too, i kick his ass and he decides to have a midlife crisis at 12 years old.
    - some ugly weirdos come up stealing our stuff from us, bullying sonia too and i kick shielbert but hop loses to sword man. Shielbert basically was easy cause he keeps spamming no retreat as if it does something and headbutt and defense buffing is enough.
    - Dynamax postgame is easy enough round 1 since you do dynamax with everyone, but then round two, i forgot you do a dynamax battle alone which would be fine if I WAS PREPARED FOR HAXORUS oh dear god. haxorus was rng dependant and it was a near god send i didn't die. i got lucky and max strike was required to push through.
    - the froslass raid den was easy.
    - whatever allister's was became a breeze too thanks to assurance
    - bede asks to fight and we do it again. i like this kid. he's easy enough in the post game but i nearly died because i slipped up half asleep midway the fight, a psychic doing crit to me.
    - Shielbert fights us again after we find him and his brother doing weird things to zacian like trying to incriminate a dog with weed.
    -Zacian particle fight can GO AWAY. THIS FIGHT IS THE WORST ON A SOLO ROUTE. So Zacian has Iron Head, Crunch, Swords Dance, and Sacred Sword. You cannot rely on X Defenses at all here. Sacred sword, did 150 damage to scorbunny EVERY time despite being level 81 at base attack. Not to mention, swords dance being on him means he can and will raise his attack. i got lucky with affection rng and endured a sacred sword. and then zacian spamming 3 swords dances in a row netting me the win.
    - Zamazenta is caught in a luxury ball in one go. I do not know how. I will cherish it and give it to a friend who will appreciate it since I already have on my main file.
    - Hop battle 2 is... just as easy. Hop has leveled up so I'm buffing defenses but with stab weaknesses, Hop's team goes down easily enough, only one even with Zacian on his team having a weakness to what scorbunny has.

    extra stuff i totally forgot to put in and am editing in now:
    - i just rng'd buffed scorbunny and caught the regis, regirock being surprisingly not as bad because only 5 uses of the rock move tbh, but they're all headache inducing bc of legendary catch rate.
    - articuno was stupid to track but i caught it, after buffing hard and yelling at articuno. master balls from magnolia was used on zapdos and moltres because hell no.
    - ice horse is better for this due to scorbunny being able to flame charge but assurance is fine for ghost horse if you do this
    - got the stupid horse

    end statement
    and that's pretty much the run of Alex and her scorbunny, Mochi who has solo'd the entire league! I can upload more photos and put them up since i took a bunch of screenshots but didn't upload them, this was more of an impromptu thing i wanted to do to review hop's development and instead made myself do a challenge run that was really fun. I actually do appreciate some of the swsh more even with flaws still sticking out (I /really/ wish there was a challenge mode even if I had some actually stickiness with some fights) and honestly, pokemon swsh is a rushed but fun time regardless when you give yourself the chance to do something that's not the straightforward experiences.

    submitted by /u/jasiad
    [link] [comments]

    My experience walking into the Wild Area for the first time

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    A design idea for a Pokemon of every unused type combination

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    So I tried thinking of designs for Pokemon of every unused type combination, and here they are. I may also add a bit of information you would see in the Pokedex for it, or some of its stats. (Also I can't draw so this will just be descriptions of the designs)

    Normal/Ice: A very fast Pokemon based on a Snow Leopard, with high speed and attack stats.

    Normal/Poison: A regional rodent that is a porcupine, it shoots poisonous darts to defend itself from predators. Even though porcupines aren't poisonous and can't shoot their quills in real life, a Pokemon that could do that would be really cool.

    Normal/Bug: A tarantula Pokemon covered in fur with a high defense stat.

    Normal/Rock: A pangolin Pokemon with armor made of small rocks that fit perfectly together. If the armor breaks, it will look for rocks and spend however long it takes clawing them until they perfectly fit to repair the armor.

    Normal/Ghost: A mythical Pokemon based on Pandora's Box. It will have an ability that is it's own version of King's Shield. It will have two forms, a closed form and an open form. It becomes the closed form whenever it uses protect or it's new move, where it protects itself, and if an opponent makes contact with it, it's special defense is harshly lowered. It will then switch to the open form when it uses any other move.

    Normal/Steel: A giant tortoise Pokemon with a shell made of metal, with a high defense stat but extremely slow speed.

    Fire/Grass: A charcoal Pokemon that has a lot of fire inside of it. The fire is only seen through the eyeholes but it opens its mouth and unleashes the flames when it attacks.

    Fire/Fairy: A floating flame Pokemon. They are weak on their own, but gather in forests in groups of up to a hundred and become nearly unstoppable.

    Electric/Fighting: A fast horse or donkey Pokemon that crackles with electricity wherever it runs. If it feels threatened, it turns around and kicks with its two back feet, sending a thousand watts of electricity into whatever it kicked.

    Ice/Poison: A lizard Pokemon who's blood is so cold that it's used to living in freezing temperatures and thrives in them. It's skin releases toxic poison, however, and it is recommended you wear gloves at all times when coming into contact with this Pokemon. It has high speed and special defense stats, but low defense.

    Fighting/Ground: A rabbit Pokemon that starts fights with anything it thinks it can take on. It attacks by using strong back leg kicks. If it is losing the fight or realizes it can't win, it burrows underground to hide or escape.

    Fighting/Fairy: My favorite unused type combination. I think a cool one for this type would be a centaur Pokemon that looks different depending on the gender like Hippowdon.

    Poison/Steel: An artificial Pokemon created by construction companies to clear out any Pokemon living in the soon-to-be construction site.

    Ground/Fairy: An armadillo Pokemon based on the pink fairy armadillo. It has healing powers and will never use them on itself, only other Pokemon that are hurt. It gets scared easily, but will even heal it's own predators if they need it.

    Bug/Dragon: A vicious dragonfly Pokemon that rampages when it doesn't get it's way. It is feared by other Pokemon. It has very high speed and attack.

    Bug/Dark: A moth Pokemon that only comes out at night. It's black coloring blends in with the night, but the patterns on it's wings glow bright to scare away predators or lure in prey.

    Rock/Ghost: A Pokemon based on dinosaur skeletons. This Pokemon is a living skeleton of a powerful Pokemon that lived many years ago. When travelers in the desert see it in the distance at night, they get scared and run away.

    That's it lol

    submitted by /u/ObviouslyLulu
    [link] [comments]

    Let's use these codes in Dynamax Adventures to help players finding who they want and building a team to beat the dungeon fast.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    Please anyone, let's use these codes to help other people and ourselves. Other players will have the possibility to find a pokemon's location and catch it or shiny hunt, while you will get a team who actually knows who the last pokemon is, and how to beat it. I hope this method will be used. I'm starting with Lunala, anyone who needs her location can use the code.

    Articuno 7878 7878

    Zapdos 8787 8787

    Moltress 9191 9191

    Mewtwo 8585 8585

    Raikou 6060 6060

    Entei 0606 0606

    Suicune 3535 3535

    Lugia 4040 4040

    Ho oh 0404 0404

    Latias 5454 5454

    Latios 4545 4545

    Kyogre 8282 8282

    Groudon 2828 2828

    Rayquaza 9090 9090

    Uxie 4848 4848

    Mesprit 4747 4747

    Azelf 4646 4646

    Dialga 2121 2121

    Palkia 1212 1212

    Heatran 1616 1616

    Giratina 2020 2020

    Cresselia 0202 0202

    Tornadus 0909 0909

    Thundurus 9090 9090

    Landorus 3737 3737

    Reshiram 6767 6767

    Zekrom 7676 7676

    Kyurem 9898 9898

    Xerneas 6565 6565

    Yveltal 5656 5656

    Zygarde 6363 6363

    Tapu koko 4949 4949

    Tapu lele 9494 9494

    Tapu bulu 2323 2323

    Tapu fini 3232 3232

    Solgaleo 1818 1818

    Lunala 8181 8181

    Necrozma 8686 8686

    Nihilego 1100 1100

    Buzwole 2210 2210

    Xurkitree 3300 3300

    Pheromosa 2211 2211

    Celesteella 4410 4410

    Kartana 4411 4411

    Guzlord 5500 5500

    Stakataka 7710 7710

    Blacephalon 7711 7711

    submitted by /u/crismatt1
    [link] [comments]

    I'm just gonna say it - I like the Sw/Sh cast of characters

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    I think maybe the switch has an advantage over earlier games, able to have larger, cleaner, more detailed characters that help bring them to life over simplistic sprites and polygons, but I find the cast of Sw/Sh the most memorable for quite a long time.

    Apart from gen1 (yes, I'm old), I'd find it hard to name many gym leaders at all. But in Sword and Shield, I can name them all. Unlike a lot of game where 90% of leaders stay in their room at all times, the Galar leaders show up in other places. They interact with each other, and help out during the time Dynamax pokemon are running amok. By the time you get to the all-star tournament, it's great to see them all interact. They have distinct character traits that make them likeable.

    Hop's a great character. You really feel his frustration after his loss to Bede. The guy who starts off all happy-go-lucky gets a dose of reality and becomes a stronger character for it, and is probably the second or third strongest character in all of Galar by the end of the game.

    People complain that they want an antagonist rival (as do I), but Bede comes along to play that role in full. Having had his head filled with misplaced confidence due to the main villain, Rose, he has to get the steam knocked out of him and re-educated by Pearl. His humiliation helps him grow.

    Okay, Leon's star pokemon should definitely have not been Charizard, agreed. And his sense of direction is played up too much, but the dude's a damn hero. When the player is attacked by a powerful entity from another dimension he ends up injured because he doesn't hesitate to send charizard to protect you. And his team's full of strong pokemon - Aegislash, Dragapult, Seismitoad. He's one of the strongest champions in all of the series. With the whole shounen protag vibes and the big cloak, he feels like the Kamina of the series.

    I won't call Kiara and Avery enjoyable per se, but it was great to see an antagonist actually cheat in battle. We need more of that from villain teams. And if you didn't smile when Mustard ripped off his jacket and busted out his kung-fu moves, I don't know what to say.

    I feel like Rose needed more development as the villain, but I like that Peony comes along in the crown tundra to flesh him out a little more.

    Team Yell is the big let down of the game. I mean, why can't I go down this path that two guys are blocking? What are they even doing!?

    I'm not saying Sword and Shield aren't heavily flawed - they are - but I feel like the characters where a step in the right direction.

    submitted by /u/kurisu313
    [link] [comments]

    Galar League World-building

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    With all DLC completed and league cards revealed Game Freak has given us a fairly clear picture of the galar league. I love that the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra gives us two past champions, which brings the most canonical champions in a pokemon game to 4 (if you want to include Raihan as a champion because in-lore people say he's as strong as another regions champion). Also it highlights how Chairman Rose got all his power.

    First Pre-dynamax era with Mustard. We know that Mustard was the Pokemon champion for at least 18 plus years. According to his card the death of his partner pokemon led to a losing streak for multiple seasons (the card is vague in the length).

    Pokemon League match-fixing scandal: Here's the interesting thing, likely due to Mustard's popularity the current Chairmen wanted to keep him in the league. Which prompted him to ask Mustard to win against a rigged match. And with that Mustard disappeared. Now the ramification from this probably exposed people the shady dealing of pokemon battling. This likely led to people either no-longer supporting leagues or people growing bored of league battles in general. This controversy likely led to the chairman stepping down or being fired as a result.

    Peony's rise and Roses ascent: In the wake of this Peony and Rose would challenge the league at some point. With Peony eventually becoming the Steel Champion. Of course, his time is short-lived, as seeing that opened Chairman position Rose decided to step in.

    Chairman Rose: With the less viewership of pokemon battles, Chairman Rose asked Professor Magnolia for her Dynamax research. This new way to battle, and how much more high octane battles got probably led to higher viewership. Plus with Rose doing more altruistic efforts, the last chairman's actions were swept under the rug (helping Oleana, adopting Bede, visiting hospital (Twilight Wings only)).

    Of course the story of Sword and Shield happened, with another controversy. Rose is revealed to have experimented on Eternatus, and after losing the Champion's cup.

    Say what you will in Pokemon Sword and Shield, but this story told along the main game and 2 DLC paints a very interesting picture of a corrupt league only saved by Chairman Rose.

    Plus also it's my headcanon that say that Opal probably was a champion in her 60+ career. I think she probably stepped in as interim champion after Mustard left, and then after Peony came.

    submitted by /u/emboarboss
    [link] [comments]

    (OC) Oh so you like pokemon, name every pokemon

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    Diamond & Pearl Remake Ideas

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:17 AM PDT

    Instead of Diamond and Pearl being remade we should get full blown sequels. Diamond2 and Pearl2. This would change up the remake formula this time around and we'd be getting both a remake and a sequel at the same time since they'd practically be remakes in and of themselves.

    Too much creative work for GameFreak to do? Then how about instead of unexpected sequels, Platinum itself could get remade. ORAS did its own thing in using Ruby & Sapphire as the base with Emerald being used as the post game's base. This time around a singular title in a Platinum remake would make a lot of sense story wise.

    The idea of Cyrus creating an entire universe with only one of the legendary pokemon Dialga or Palkia, doesn't make any sense since they both only rule over one aspect of the universe. Time or Space. And even using both seems like a little bit of a stretch. A Platinum remake's story could go like this.

    Cyrus takes control of both Dialga and Palkia with the Red Chain, afterwards Giratina appears to Cyrus' and everyone else's surprise.

    Cyrus comments on this, saying something along the lines of "This explains everything..." and proceeds to reveal a 3rd Red Chain.

    "I had wondered why the Lake Guardians produced enough crystals to create a 3rd chain... Your existence explains its conception."

    Moments before Giratina could intervene, Cyrus takes control of it.

    Cyrus now has control of all 3 legendary pokemon. Using the power of all 3 he begins creating the universe with no spirit like he said he would, like he envisioned. All is lost.

    The twist in this Platinum remake concept makes itself apparent when Arceus appears and puts a stop to Cyrus' plans.

    As for what happens afterwards and many other story details, I already have the whole thing plotted out. I just wanted this post to be quick and to the point for discussion.

    submitted by /u/Auraiken
    [link] [comments]

    Should losing to your rival stop progression in the game?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    So I've just finished my second play through of Sword and found myself thinking, why does losing to your rival stop you progressing further through the game? Surely it would make more sense that you could lose and they get a bit stronger ready for a match later on? Even in the league final, you should be able to lose, they become champion and you get to challenge them for the title properly.

    submitted by /u/Simsy91
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] Trick or Treat at Cofagrigus’s Tomb by Bebelhl (Myself)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Happy Halloween to Everyone!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/qmVm4Au

    submitted by /u/bebelhl
    [link] [comments]

    Which legendary bird would you choose if you could only have one of them?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    The most difficult part of the first Pokémon game and really any main series Pokémon game, is choosing your starter. Now, I'm sure most of us know about Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, the three legendary birds. I'm also sure that you know that you can catch all three of them. Which one would you choose if you could only have one?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Professional_Clod
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best pun you have made from a Pokémon’s nickname?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    I really only nickname my shiny Pokémon, but you use any Pokémon you want. Here are some personal favorites of mine.

    I named a shiny vespiquen I recently got from a dmax adventure "knees", because I think she is the bee's knees

    A shiny tapu fini I'm either gonna name "Aquafini" or "moana"

    And I am currently hunting latios do I can name it laTEALos.

    And a shiny obstagoon I named "crazy diamond" (and yes, this is a jojo reference)

    submitted by /u/ThunderRa1der
    [link] [comments]

    Whack a Diglett browser game (only desktop view) made by 3 recent bootcamp grads

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    Link to game

    I was told to post here. Hope you guys enjoy it. We are recent coding bootcamp graduates so don't expect professional work. We did it during a mintbean Hackathon and it was a great experience though!

    submitted by /u/jdakdoa
    [link] [comments]

    I've bought a used Soul Silver Cartrigde today

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    So recently I saw a picture of a used Nintendo DS, where the buyer recieved a letter from the previous owner saying something along the lines of "This device was my childhood. I loved it. And I hope that you, the new owner, will love it just as much. Have fun!".

    Today I bought a used Soul Silver Edition in my local GameStop. I wanted to replay it, as it is my favorite Version. The original, the Silver Version, was the very first game I ever played, I guess that is now nearly 16 years ago... And there are many memories I associate with this game, so yeah. I wanted to replay this game again. And I wanted nothing but to start playing it. And then I saw the savefile of the previous owner, and I wanted to somehow give him a kind of tribute. I know, that he will probably not even see this post, and I don't know why I got so sentimental about this, but here goes my attempt of trying to find out how he went about his adventure.

    It is a save with 14hrs of playtime, he managed to get 7 badges and chose Cyndaquill as his starter. He started his adventure on the 1st of November in 2011, so 9 years ago two days from now. Somehow, that struck me as kind of a weird coincidence. 5 days after that he got an Eevee in Goldenrod city, and he even evolved his Togepi. And he did not give any of his mons nicknames.

    Aside from that there was nothing more particularly worthy of note. But what I did do was write all those things down on a piece of paper and stored it in the game box.

    My plan was to start a shiny only run on this cardridge as soon as I got it, but now I will wait for 2 more days, just so that I can start this adventure on the same day the previous owner did. And I will name the first male shiny I get Darius, the name of his character.

    I don't really know how to end this post... I just wanted to get this sentimentality out of my system xD I just hope that I am not the only one who can get this sentimental about such things...

    Maybe you can give me your thoughts or similar stories on this in the comments, I would love to read them :)

    (And again, thanks to the previous owner Darius. Now I can finally relive this game :) )

    submitted by /u/RealMineKD
    [link] [comments]

    The VS recorder needs to return for Sword and shield

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    When it comes to online battles it would be amazing if the "VS recorder" comes back

    to those you do not remember what that does after online match the vs recorder can watch a replay your match at anytime

    Hopefully with Sword and Shield we can do more with our replay data maybe upload them to our YouTube channels probably?

    submitted by /u/Paulkdragon
    [link] [comments]

    Since I won't finish before 5 PM (No art Weekends) here's a WIP of what I'm up to for Halloween.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/0Ux1xaS
    No grass or dirt yet and most of what it's there still need more work . I'm having trouble with the texture of mimikyu as I can't decide whether to make it glossy or opaque, like a cloth sack. The pumpkin is supossed to be hidden on the grass... but again, no terrain yet

    submitted by /u/julian0223
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Halloween here's a Pumpkaboo Tutorial Sheet. (printer friendly!)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    PM2019 43 - Sword & Shield II: Black Night! Episode Discussion!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    Why game freak thought it would be a good idea to introduce only one mega for gen V and one for gen VI (gen VI especially since the only mega is from a MYTHICAL pokémon)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    I mean that generation introduced the mega evolutions, so why is diancie the only mega from gen VI? If I had to choose, I'd make megas only from this generation (even though I like most megas), so I was thinking "well there must be a reason why and I just missed it"

    submitted by /u/Medeiros1213
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment