• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 31 October 2020

    Pokémon [RAGE THREAD] 31 October 2020


    [RAGE THREAD] 31 October 2020

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    IT'S TIME TO RAGE!!!!!!!!


    RULES:

    • PRESS THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD

    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU ANGRY

    • OTHER PEOPLE WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS

    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER ABOUT THINGS WE HATE WILL FORM A STRONG BOND AMONG MEMBERS OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY

    • ???

    • PROFIT

    YOU CAN RAGE AT ANYTHING POKEMON RELATED!!!

    LET'S RAGE!!!


    THIS THREAD IS PART OF /R/POKEMON'S REGULAR STICKY ROTATION. TO SEE OUR ROTATION SCHEDULE AND ALL PAST STICKY ROTATION THREADS, GO HERE!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    I baked a Spooky Pokémon Brownie

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    [OC] I drew Pokémon Using Ken Sugimori Style for Halloween Special!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    Despite having shoulder pain for years and starting to affect my fingers, I just love how Ken Sugimori inspires me to be a comic artist! Hope you all like it and Happy Halloween

    https://imgur.com/gallery/XSMKp8q

    submitted by /u/bebelhl
    [link] [comments]

    What Pokémon do you love, but it almost never appears anymore?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    For me it's teddiursa.

    I love this little guy and I love his evolve form as well. Sadly though he almost never appears in any Pokémon games without me having to trade him over. It's annoying.

    It's understandable though, not everyone can make it in.

    So what Pokémon do you love, but it almost never appears in the recent Pokémon entries naturally.

    submitted by /u/WeissLegs
    [link] [comments]

    don't you think chikorita is kinda underrated?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I always thought chikorita was underrated because of the performance in the johto gyms, it gets destroyed by falkner, bugsy, whitney, morty?, I don't think chuck, jasmine, pryce, clair, will, koga, a portion of bruno's team, karen(no, not that karen) , lance, and red. I wondered if I tried a pokemon playthrough with chikorita on johto might be a reason in see if it's a good pokemon or not.

    I find it really cute when ash had one and made me want to get one but cyndaquil is my best now but I still think about it and maybe I should give it a shot. should I use it?

    submitted by /u/foxykid5
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: If you’re going into a ground type legendary Dynamax adventure den and you have a Hitmonlee with Wide Guard, do NOT trade it away.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    Ground type raids mean that it's going to be Groudon, Landorus, or (pray that it isn't) Zygarde, who all like to spam moves that attack everyone at once. Had a guy trade a Hitmonlee for a freaking Noctowl in a Zygarde raid, and wow what do you know we lost.

    submitted by /u/Kayratorvi
    [link] [comments]

    Cousin's homemade Lunala Costume (OC)!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    My younger cousin is really into pokemon right now and her mom, my aunt, being the amazing fashion designer she is made her a Lunala costume. Thought it was amazing and with permission I am sharing it with others who can also appreciate it's awesomeness.

    Here is the Front: https://imgur.com/jdYxBgh Here is the Back: https://imgur.com/a/lT1KBXJ

    Edit: Put a sticker over cousin's face for privacy

    submitted by /u/LifelongTundra
    [link] [comments]

    Celebrate Halloween with the Pokemon Remixing Community in the annual Pokemon Halloween Megamix!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, so the Pokemon remixing community got together again for the annual Pokemon Halloween Megamix. Feel free to come jam with us to some spooky tunes and celebrate Halloween! We usually do a megamix every season throughout the year and it's always a ton of fun to listen to the talented people in the remixing community. I hope that you will join us today in celebrating this spooky day with Pokemon inspired remixes! Happy Halloween!

    submitted by /u/JXC1520
    [link] [comments]

    So Sword is basically the most fun in a Pokemon game Ive had...ever.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    Had pretty low expectations for it going in and frankly the only thing Im really disappointed in (besides the Dex cut, but I dont think anyones happy about that lol) is that I cant customize my gym outfit. Pretty minute complaint all things considered.

    The Wild Area is amazing and Ive been enjoying the story quite a bit. And given whats already been spoiled as far as the post game goes Im not expecting this opinion to change. The game is just way more immersive than its ever been even in the non-WA sections and its amplifying the fun by a lot; and given that for me at least theres basically zero nostalgia factors involved its pretty crazy that Im enjoying it more than I enjoyed ORAS which was what got me back into Pokemon. Whoever had the idea to do Lets Go style overworld encounters with the classic grass encounters deserves a raise.

    And yeah I see the issues people have with it (Galar Mines 1 and 2 got an eyebrow raise for instance) but people are being way too critical and frankly, stingy.

    Making the jump to Sword all at once cost quite a bit, but the overwhelming bulk of that money went into the Switch itself. Sword and the expansion pass was trivial, especially after finding out how fun the game actually is.

    Easily worth it, and ultimately, I looked into the game before I purchased and even if it only met my expectations (rather than exceeded them all over the place) I still would have said it was worth it because I made that decision -before- I dropped a chunk of my savings on a new toy, not after. The way gaming is these days you really dont have an excuse to not know what youre buying, so complaining that it isnt worth the price is just childish; you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

    Anyway, thats my thoughts after playing all day.

    submitted by /u/gthaatar
    [link] [comments]

    Fun fact: Gamefreak forgot Scizor cant fly

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    In the latest games, the most recent being Pokken Tournament DX, Scizor has been shown to fly, or at least hover around. However, every pokedex entry from gens 2 and 3 say Scizor is either too heavy to levitate, or is just incapable. Its wings only served as means to lower its body temperature.

    Just something that BUGGED me for a while

    submitted by /u/Chipsahoy111
    [link] [comments]

    Ash best crush [OC]

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    I did a creepy Sableye pumpkin!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/URNdO5B.mp4

    I have it changing colors on the inside :O

    submitted by /u/ActivateGuacamole
    [link] [comments]

    I really enjoyed nuking my opponents in Gen 7.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    What do you think would’ve happened if Pokemon Sword and Shield had sold poorly?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    I am well aware that Sword and Shield is too big to fail. Please don't bother with telling me it wouldn't have flopped and why.

    So... Pokemon Sword and Shield.... during E3 2019 it was revealed that if a Pokemon isn't part of the Galarian Pokedex, it wouldn't be in the game period and how Dynamax outright replaces Z Moves and Mega Evolution. Boy was the backlash huge. I mean the video that revealed the information had more dislikes than likes. The reasoning also pissed people off considering that apparently it would've been to improve animations and graphics despite the evidence to the contrary. Either way it started making people point out the failings of Game Freak like how there were multiple models of Lillie in Sun and Moon, how they can't code, the constant handholding in games, the lack of difficulty options, too much Kanto-pandering, and generally not bothering to cater to the old crowd who didn't start with Gen 1. Later on, up into the release of the game, there was a huge game leak that caused even more scrutiny such as how Charizard was the only Kanto starter available, disappointment from having the starters not being dual typed, other much more unpopular pokemon like Basculin, Klinklang, and Vanilluxe over fan favorites such as Ampharos, Garchomp, and Absol, Garbodor being the only non-Kanto/Galar pokemon to get a Gigantamix, and the game keeping up with the linearity that Gen 7 suffered from and it also lead to Masuda and Ohmori cancelling an appearance at a launch event.

    How did the game do? Despite the outcry, it got good reviews and sold really well. I guess Streisand Effect had struck the games.

    So I wonder... if Pokemon Sword and Shield didn't do well in sales (Either not living up to expectations or even outright flopping) how exactly would it affect the series going forward?

    An optimistic side of me thinks that because of how vocal Dexit was, Game Freak would've looked at that as a major reason for why the games didn't do as well and possibly still go with the DLC since they'd add Pokemon back in. Maybe they'd stop the yearly releases so that they could attempt to add more Pokemon into the games.

    However a more cynical side of me thinks that Game Freak might double down on the Kanto pandering since Pokemon Let's Go did so well. If a mainline game was outsold by the Kanto remakes, Game Freak might as well assume that people prefer having Kanto and likely dial up on Kanto pandering in attempt to win back the crowd.

    Regardless, I'd imagine that Nintendo would step in. Pokemon games sell well and are system sellers. If a mainline Pokemon game were to not do as well as they hoped, that would likely be noteworthy. While yes, Pokemon also relies on other media like the anime, TCG, toys, and other merchandise, again Nintendo still has the main series games as a system seller alongside Mario and other franchises. If a major game was to flop, they'd notice and likely want to ensure that the next mainline game doesn't flop. It could likely be done in three ways, as mentioned before, Game Freak could stop releasing new games every year and only do them every two years, Nintendo could get more involved with developing mainline games, or both simply happen.

    What do you think would happen had Sword and Shield not done well in sales?

    submitted by /u/MisterZygarde64
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon really just went there and made a official ball guy plush i-

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Here it is in all its glory.

    I honestly don't know whether I should be concerned or happy because on one hand,Its ball guy and we should give him all the good things in the world,But at the same time I feel like a pokemon plush that isn't a pokemon feels..Kinda strange.Also its like pretty big for a plush (12 in to be exact.) and is pretty detailed so um..yeah.

    Random post,But I thought this was worth sharing.Happy Halloween Reddit!

    submitted by /u/Vanilasong
    [link] [comments]

    Is Blissey good or trash in competitive?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    Blissey is a very unique mon as we all know - its a special tank with amazing special defense and HP, but then it has 10 base defense which is so low it could get one-shot by anything. But then, despite having next to no physical defense, its obviously a very good special tank and one of, if not the best healer.

    I've searched on Google but theres no substantial good answer that i could find, so I'm just asking it straight up here: is Blissey good or trash in competitive? Also if anyone has any competitive sets then feel free to share them to help me know if its good.

    Edit: also how does it compare to Chansey with eviolite? I assume eviolite Chansey with 252 Defense EVs would be better but plz let me know which is better if u know

    submitted by /u/LUVjacob99
    [link] [comments]

    ETERNATUS IN SINNOH: A DISCUSSION.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    If there are sinnoh remakes, should eternatus have a connection to eterna city/forest?

    I dont personally see it fitting in too easily but how about y'all?

    Maybe an NPC could mention that the city wasn't just named after the sinnoh legends of time and did have a connection with eternatus even if it doesn't avtually appear in the game.

    Maybe a rift in the distortion world warped an alien into eterna forest and the alien, Eternatus, terrorized the area?

    submitted by /u/hopefulwonderer
    [link] [comments]

    We hope your Halloween is a BLAST!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    Dugtrio Among Us

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    I'm revisiting Pokemon games. Red version was the last one I played, many moons ago. Currently going thru Omega Ruby and had some questions.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    I'm just curious what the best strategy is for building a strong team. Should I do as many battles as possible with my starter to level him up quicker and just pick up stronger pokemon along the way? Or is it better to evenly spread out my battles and level up the weaker pokemon that I'm catching at the beginning of the game?

    submitted by /u/sunsh9ne1471
    [link] [comments]

    Pikabrew ...Happy Halloween

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Litwick pumpkin carving

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    I decided to try my hand at carving a Litwick pumpkin this year.

    Litwick carving

    submitted by /u/AdroitNinja
    [link] [comments]

    New video on up now

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    I just uploaded the eleventh episode of my Pokémon HeartGold Nuzlocke Randomizer and i would appreciate it if you could check it out please. I appreciate all feedback too so if you have some constructive criticism please feel free to let me know

    https://youtu.be/wjLM2lc4bj8

    submitted by /u/paddypower365
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment