• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 1, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 01 November 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 01 November 2020


    [Hype Thread] 01 November 2020

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 05:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    If you use skill swap on a Mega Kangaskhan, you steal its baby

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 09:59 AM PST

    Skill swap works on Mega Kangaskhan's ability, Parental Bond, so if you have a Xatu or something and you use skill swap against a Kangaskhan with Parental bond, you now have parental bond, which means you stole Kangaskhan's baby.

    I can only imagine the baby Kangaskhan slapping its mother in the face after being stolen by some random Xatu.

    submitted by /u/David_Idiotman7
    [link] [comments]

    Name a Pokémon you think is no ones favorite and let’s see if someone explains why it is their favorite!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 07:44 AM PST

    I was thinking about the whole "every pokemon is someone's favorite" saying and I just can't imagine some Pokémon being someone's favorite. But it would be interesting to have people explain why it is their favorite. Vice versa, it'd also be interesting to see what Pokémon people think are no ones favorite!

    submitted by /u/choco-bibi
    [link] [comments]

    They should hide the next title legendary Pokémon from the promotion and box art of the next generation so that the air of unknown mystery around it that every NPC seems to have for it can apply to us as well.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    I think it would be super cool to know absolutely nothing about a Pokémon, to actually wonder what the heck it might be throughout the game, and not know what it looks like at all until the moment we battle it. I'm tired of all the characters in these games being like "what can this Pokémon be???" When we've seen it in every promo, box cover, anime opening, toy, plush, merchandising, and title sequence. If you wanna make a Pokémon legendary, make it LEGENDARY, and keep all info about it as hidden as possible!!

    submitted by /u/mrbun314
    [link] [comments]

    Sun and Moon's coolest feature

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 07:13 AM PST

    The one feature in SM that I have oddly come to appreciate more than any other is how they approached the day and night cycle with these two games. For those who have forgotten or just didnt know, Moon is set 12 hours apart from Sun, so if you are playing during the daytime, it will be nighttime in game and vice versa.

    This was the only time a pokemon generation did this, likely just to coincide with the 'sun and moon' moniker, but I really did appreciate this one minor feature. NPC's had different dialog depending on what time of day you were playing, which was a cool detail to see included. Since the day/night cycle was inverted, that meant pokemon that only appeared at night were just always around. And above all else, Dusk Balls in Moon were the most broken thing ever. This one feature felt like it gave each of these games their own personality, like each one was a remix of the other and not just the same game but with a few different pokemon.

    I honestly wish this was a togglable option in other games, just to have the day/night cycle inverted without having to change the time in the system settings.

    submitted by /u/Yerm_Terragon
    [link] [comments]

    Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the Pokémon Sword and Shield leakfest!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 09:23 AM PST

    1 year ago today, leaks involving the new Sw/Sh Pokémon started busting the Internet. What was your favorite reveal? What ended up being your final team?

    My prerelease team was Grookey, Corviknight, and Yamper. My final team was Rillaboom, Corviknight, Boltund, Centiskorch, Hatterene, and Barraskewda (honorable mentions to Sirfetch'd and Arctovish, who were on my planned team before I switched to Hatterene and Barraskewda just before the game came out).

    submitted by /u/Icy_Laprrrras
    [link] [comments]

    We carved all 135 Gen 3 Pokémon this year!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Regieleki or Regidrago?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:52 AM PST

    What do you guys prefer? The looks, movepools, and the stats on these two. It sucks how you only need to get one. But there's a around to that.

    Regieleki or Regidrago? I'll put a Strawpoll below! Comment down why do you prefer it?

    http://www.strawpoll.me/21199313

    submitted by /u/youfan975
    [link] [comments]

    What if a new mainline pokemon generation really did outsell generation 1 for the first time?(excluding GO)

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Can it happen? never, with the mindset gamefreak are in right now

    but for it to happen, gamefreak would need to make a huge gamble for that to happen that obviously paid off.

    but how weird of timeline that would be, where 20+ years of getting used to see kanto pokemon always be the most marketed pokemon to suddenly have a specific generation suddenly replace them.

    next thing you know, pikachu, charizard, eevee are no longer the new hotness anymore, is whatever the hell generation 9's pokemon are.

    is like how breath of the wild is basically the new face of the public when they think zelda, after 20+ years when it used to be ocarina of time.

    anyway that was just 1am brain dump.

    submitted by /u/TheGoldminor
    [link] [comments]

    For another customization opportunity...

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:01 AM PST

    They should add the ability to collect ball throw animations from NPC characters throughout the story and tournaments and stuff. Like when you beat someone, say Mustard for example, you can fight him once a day for a random chance to unlock his ball throw/dynamax animation for your character, as well as ones you earn guaranteed from gym leaders and characters you beat through out the story and dlc's and have a list of all you've unlocked to further personalize your character! You could apply one that suits your clothing style or team theme and change it at the computer in any pokemon center along with your league card.

    submitted by /u/C0NT0RTI0NIST
    [link] [comments]

    Did you ever extensively use/have any stories about using the 'Mail' items?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 09:43 AM PST

    https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mail

    It seems like one of the most obscure features in the series. I don't know anyone that ever really used it, so I'm curious if anyone else does or has their own stories.

    submitted by /u/FTComposition
    [link] [comments]

    Throughout the years, I've noticed some REALLY great idle animations created by GameFreak so I decided to make a video highlighting 10 of my most favorite. What are some memorable idle Pokemon animations that might come to your mind?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:02 AM PST

    Here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/jipkxy832wk

    I gotta say, revisiting some of these Pokemon animations brought back great memories. Let's hope GameFreak keeps pushing their standards for any future releases!

    submitted by /u/iLiedForDonuts
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion: Goh cannot and should not become a professor

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 07:38 AM PST

    I hate the fact that they foreshadowed Goh becoming professor, It was nice having a developed male protagonist that doesnt wanna be a professor (yes , yes. I know, Brock, I love the guy, but I'm talking about Gary and Goh here), Now they're trying to throw that all down the drain , and I dont get why the community just accepts it, Dont they want a character with a unique goal other than whats previously established as a role. Its just damn frustrating. I would prefer Goh even become a coordinator (while I wouldn't like it . It would at least be better than a professor again like Gary),

    TL;DR : Gary is the guy aiming to be a professor here, and thats unique to him. I dont want Gohs Goal to be repeat of that.

    submitted by /u/2Jojotoro
    [link] [comments]

    Mandela Effect and Muk

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:00 AM PST

    So, I distinctly remember Muk's sprite having a Magnemite magnet sticking out of it. I looked on Serebii's sprite list and none of the gens seem to have that in it. I checked the old cards that I might have mistakenly remembered as a sprite. Nope, not those either. Where the heck did I pick this up? Is this some kind of false memory, or do any of you remember this? Did I accidentally play a creepy pasta version of the game as a child or something? Help!

    submitted by /u/wam9000
    [link] [comments]

    Disconnecting from Raid adventures

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:46 AM PST

    Hi, I do the crown tundra raid adventures and every time i get disconnected from the second battle.I still do the rest of the adventure, but the second pokemon is gone i can't catch it or pick it on the end.And I have not encounter this problem in any other game like Smash bros etc or a normal raid battle in pokemon.

    I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem or have a fix? :)

    I can still do offline but I personally don't like the AI that much

    submitted by /u/Kimcer
    [link] [comments]

    Male protagonists design ranked

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 09:27 AM PST

    Usually the male protagonist doesnt have very interesting designs or get overshadowed by the female ones, so I though it would be cool to see the general opinion on their designs. My ranking is:

    1 Ethan HGSS design 2 Hilbert 3 Brendan ORAS 4 Red RBY 5 Ethan GSC 6 Calem 7 Red FRLG 8 Gold GSC 9 Brendan emerald 10 Elio SuMo 11 Elio USUM 12 Nate 13 Lucas

    submitted by /u/RafaelRoriz
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Finding Galarian Articuno

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:01 AM PST

    I've looked up everything about it, like it settling in Snowslide Slope, Old Cemetery, and Frostpoint Field (which I have looked everywhere in), and none of it helps. The closest thing to useful information I've gotten is that it gives off cries if you're close. The only problem? I hear Articuno cries in Slippery Slope and at Dyna Tree Hill but none at Frostpoint Field except for one time possibly. Where the heck is this bird??

    submitted by /u/mosttruethyme
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling Pokemon in any game.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:50 AM PST

    I have been playing a lot of older pokemon and just replaying the series and I wanted to know what was the best method for training pokemon in the game. Do you train them all ti be the same level or train what is more important to the section your in.

    So as far as I remember I have been training my pokemon all the same level. If unlevel one in switch ot out and level another.

    Or should I train whatever will be more effective for the upcoming section. For example in Fire Red, training Nidoking more because I know Lt. Surge is up next.

    Just wanted some advice on what is worth more time.

    submitted by /u/Joobad
    [link] [comments]

    What is up with the weird levelling in Pokemon white?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:34 AM PST

    I'm playing Pokemon white right now and have just finished the story. I'm onto the next part of the game and there are level 60+ Pokemon that feel bizarrely easy for the high level. I don't have a single Pokemon above fifty and yet they're going first and tanking a load of hits, which makes no sense considering there was WAY less of a level gap in the elite four and ghetsis battles and those Pokemon were OHKOing mine and always going first.

    Does anyone know why these Pokemon are all so weak for their high levels? I've looked online and all I can find is people having trouble with them, but for me they are confusingly easy to beat. Anyone know what's going on?

    submitted by /u/hairyhorseman
    [link] [comments]

    Horray for RNGesus!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:33 AM PST

    Go into a Dynamax Adventure with AI hoping to find Necrozma so I can start finding Ultra Beasts. Says the final encounter is a Dragon. Totally narrows it down. <.< First two fights are easy, last on is against a Whimsicott which we almost hit the turn limit on due to one AI Pincurchin spamming Thunder while another had a Lightning Rod Raichu. Get to the end with both those PokeMon and a Gurdurr for the AI teammates and I have the Whimsicott. What do I find? Freaking. Zygarde.

    Somehow got it to its Complete Forme with Raichu just spamming Speed Swap and Gurdurr failing half of its Focus Punches. I made the mistake of thinking, "Hey, I might actually get this! And everyone on Reddit was saying it was difficult for nothing!" And then Land Wrath hit. Runs over, folks. Go home.

    submitted by /u/KittenbabyIN
    [link] [comments]

    Create a Sw/Sh Draft League!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 05:06 AM PST

    Hey, does anyone want to create a Sword & Shield (not showdown) draft league? We would all have to get together on discord or a Facebook group chat or something, and we would have to create a their list, make some rules, and then get to creating our teams. Anyone in?

    submitted by /u/BugCatcherDan
    [link] [comments]

    Rocket not taking over the radio station in Goldenrod? is my game broken or am I missing something?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:41 AM PST

    So i've been stuck on this for a while. I have defeated everyone in the team rocket base at Mahogany Town, I've defeated the Ice gym and got the badge. From what I've seen in the guides, I should get a phone call telling me the radio tower has been taken over. I have not had this call. Anyway I go back to golden rod and I can see that there are two team rockets outside but I cant interact, the radio broadcasts are normal and I cant meet the person to give me the outfit. am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/PrawnfaceKillah
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting Title

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:13 AM PST

    I'm going to be doing the Scramble challenge on Pokemon Emerald Version so any recommendation's would be good (has to be catch-able in Pokemon Emerald Version). Please don't be too harsh on Pokemon because this is my first Scramble challenge. I will pick the top 6 most up-voted comments. Thanks a lot (btw i can't trade). read this thread to understand the challenge more https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-scramble-challenge-mark-2.3455879/

    submitted by /u/Mewtwo_God201
    [link] [comments]

    Would love help on a poison team

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 06:19 AM PST

    I want to get into competitive and I have this new found love for poison type. I've never felt a connection with any type. I don't know exactly witch mom would would best on a team. So far I've cane up with Crobat, Toxapex, Toxricity, Gengar, Skuntank, Venusaur, Scolipede, (gal) Slowbro/Slowking. I love the bois but idk what would make a good competitive team. I'd love help.

    submitted by /u/TheIllusiveBoi
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] Homebrew rules I made for the classic "Pokémon Master Trainer" board game!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 07:43 AM PST

    A quick run-through of the extra pages I wrote for the "Pokémon Master Trainer" rulebook:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNzrnuYQT78

    submitted by /u/Five-Toed-Sloth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment