• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    Pokémon There should be more interactions with Pokémon similar to Calyrex in future games (Spoilers)

    Pokémon There should be more interactions with Pokémon similar to Calyrex in future games (Spoilers)


    There should be more interactions with Pokémon similar to Calyrex in future games (Spoilers)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    Calyrex being a main character in the Crown Tundra story, sending you to complete tasks, and speaking with you regularly was very unexpected. However, the result ended up being very cool.

    These kinds of interactions are common in the Pokémon movies, but aside from the Mystery Dungeon games and a couple of anime episodes Pokémon never talk. I might be mistaken, but I believe this is the first time in a main series Pokémon game where you converse with a Pokémon. If I am mistaken, then this is definitely the first time that you gave in-depth conversations with a Pokémon.

    Talking with Calyrex, even if it was through Peony, was very refreshing. It added a lot of depth to the Pokémon and made teaming up with it at the end of the story feel so much more fulfilling.

    Conversing with Pokémon, particularly the main Legendary, should definitely be a thing in future games. It makes the story much more enjoyable and is a great opportunity to give Pokémon some character development.

    submitted by /u/Christophisis
    [link] [comments]

    Confirmed Available Pokémon List with All Forms

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    The Crown Tundra reminded me just how difficult catchin legendaries can and should be

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Like seriously it has been so long since I've actually had to put effort into catching a legendary. I went into the registeel chamber thinking it was going to be easy, then I proceeded to actually lose because I forgot the get a Pokémon with hypnosis. It broke out of 20 dusk balls, 20 ultra balls, and 10 timer balls. And I love it. These Pokémon should be difficult to catch, they're called LEGENDARIES. Every legendary in this past generation has been a absolute joke, and as much as I like east legendarys, they shouldn't come easy. Basically, the crown tundra does legendarys right

    submitted by /u/NetaKnight12
    [link] [comments]

    You Can Now Update Your Game For The DLC!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    I just logged on to my switch game exactly at 9pm and it now seems the DLC is in the process of downloading! The HOME update is still ongoing and will likely end at 12:00 AM (I'm in EST right now so it is 9:00 PM here). Here is what serebii has to say about the HOME maintenance by the way:

    "The Pokémon HOME software update is starting to roll out on iOS, Android and Switch. This update adds The Crown Tundra compatibility as well as adding a means to save what you've searched for and how you've sorted. It also is adding a Popular Pokémon category to the GTS. The maintenance is set to end at 04:00 UTC today"


    I can't wait until my DLC finishes downloading and I can start the Crown Tundra, have fun guys!

    submitted by /u/KingShrep
    [link] [comments]

    Crown Tundra gave me a reignited spark.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Going into the dlc I wasn't expecting much. Just a shoehorned story about the legendaries and then catch some Pokémon. But I'm so glad I was wrong.

    The characters (big daddy Peony) were some of the greatest of all time. The interactions with Calyrex never disappoint me. He felt like a legendary from the Pokémon movies. Actually interacting with protagonist and the world. The part where he is surprised about BAGS existing was just a hoot, and his possession of Peony caught me off guard and charmed me. The legendaries being locked up behind riddles and puzzles made it more of an adventure. I feel like I'm uncovering and tracking creatures that were beyond my power.

    There was never a dull moment.

    submitted by /u/Kinabomo
    [link] [comments]

    Reward for completing Crown Tundra Pokedex

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    I was able to complete the Crown Tundra Pokédex pretty quickly because I had a living dex from USUM ready to transfer over, and I found people to touch trade me the remaining legendaries. If you have the Kantonian birds, and Slowking, you will get dex entries for the Galarian forms.

    I was hoping that the reward for completing the new Pokedex would be a new shiny charm that improves shiny odds in Dynamax adventures. It is not. They give you a new League Card bling, a crown, 50 rare candies and 3 gold bottle caps.

    submitted by /u/djf881
    [link] [comments]

    A meme i made to vent some... frustrations...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Registeel

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Never before has a "puzzle" in Pokemon made me feel this dumb. "Let ring the piercing note that will wake the giant of steels." First thought was to have Bronzong in the front cause it's a steel type right outside and "let ring". Didnt work. Then tried having a Pokemon that knew Hyper Voice/Uproar/Boomburst in the front. Didnt work. Was too stubborn to get the hint but decided to just give up and ask Peony. You just have to whistle in front of the fucking door

    submitted by /u/Marsh3557
    [link] [comments]

    Please have some consideration for your other teammates in dynamax adventures

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    Just has two adventures where me and the third guy were stuck on so low health we got one shot by the legendary and wiped. The first player swapped his Pokémon out 3 times despite seeing that me and third player were wanting to swap (he was full health every time and me and the other guy were at 80).

    Please guys. Just have some common courtesy for your teammates. It shows you if other people are going to trade there's for it.

    submitted by /u/Alaee19
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Guide to Crown Tundra Galarian Legendries

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    I know people were struggling a bit so here is a quick snap guide

    LEGENDARY BIRDS:

    1. Galarian Zapdos - Go to East Lake Axewell and chase after him
    2. Galarian Moltres - Go to Fields oh Honor [Train Station] and meet him right side of dojo (Don't bother going into the water he just flies there, and you can fly back to train station to reset)
    3. Galarian Articuno - is a butt. Start at Freezington and head to Giant's Bed [Across Cemetery and then head south down the hill and around there G. Articuno should float around. I recommend saving before you guess which one it is but the one who opens its wings first is the real one]This one is hard... cause it migrates around the whole northern tundra
    4. Dyna Tee Hill. Shake and see a surprise that almost killed my whole regi team

    REGIS

    1. Registeel - Giants Bed West site of island, easiest one to see. Whistle and it opens
    2. Regice - Go North west of Snowslide Slope and youll find it a bit hidden. Bring a Cryogonal
    3. Regirock - North of Lakeside Cave is the temple. First pokemon hold a everstone
    4. Regieleci/ Regidraco - South of Frigid sea is Three-Point Pass, copy the dots outside the temple. X = Electric, Arrow Down = Dragon. You can only have one so choose wisely. I wish I picked the dragon

    Calyrex

    1. The missing statue is in Peony' home...
    2. Just follow his stupid story
    3. You need to do Dynamax Adventure complete to have enough for Carrots to buy
    4. You can make the horse ice or dead (ghost)
    5. You cant catch it til the very end of the journey
    6. Master ball just to say FU

    Legendary Warriors... I didnt care about... I already had them from sun and moon

    Secret Mission:

    1. Its Necrozma... but you need to catch it in the Dynamax Adventure... which unlocks after X amount of runs
    2. ALSO YOU CANNOT CATCH LEGENDARIES TWICE. If someone is doing Suicuine and you have Suicine already, you dont get Suicuine. WHICH IS BULL SH*T

    Galarian All Star w/e...If your lvl 100. your just breeze through, no level lock

    IF you need visual, just finished my stream, but this shoud help out everyone who just needs a little tip.Except Articuno, watch the vide I time stamped to make help visualize better.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYkV-5dTvVQ

    submitted by /u/iamsupasam
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: You must fully complete stories in base game to unlock all DLC elements

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Spoiler alert to Crown Tundra..

    So I was kind of lazy and chose not to finish the post game story where you catch the legendary dog. I was up to the part where you needed to battle Hop in the Slumbering Weald. I decided to head into the DLC instead. When I got to the part where Sonia is supposed to show you how the footprints work, the scene wasn't triggering. I tried over and over but that element of the story was softlocked. Turns out, I had to finish the post game before I was allowed to continue with some of the Crown Tundra elements. Just a PSA to anyone who is mid quest and is having trouble triggering events.

    submitted by /u/statiky
    [link] [comments]

    Dexit Visualized - Crown Tundra Update

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/0GjcyJ7

    Green is the Pokémon available in the base game.

    Orange is the Pokémon added with the release of Pokémon HOME.

    Blue is the Pokémon added with the release of The Isle of Armor.

    Red is the Pokémon added with the release of The Crown Tundra.

    White is the Pokémon still unobtainable.

    submitted by /u/GoldenSandslash15
    [link] [comments]

    My first Pokémon game, soul silver, has died

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    My copy of soul silver which I have gotten on launch with the pokewalker bundle has finally died and my childhood save file is Gone, Can I please get a F to pay respects?

    (Side note, can one download the rom on the internet to and edit the save file and give Pokémon? Maybe possible to rebuild my childhood save file? I don't support piracy or cheating but I am Willing to make an Exception.)

    F

    Also I ordered a new copy lol though I should add this.

    Also, with a new copy I can play through it again! Where's the fun of having a 100% played game already?

    submitted by /u/Techsreddit
    [link] [comments]

    First impressions of the Crown Tundra (Spoilers!)

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    So I download the game and get to the Crown tundra. The trees look nicer than the ones in the wild area, a good sign. The snow has no texture whatsoever, but stuff like that doesn't bother me.

    I meet Peony and his daughter, he is nothing like I expected. We battle and he has level 70's. Again, a good sign. He only has two Pokémon, but I'm sure he will get more later. I explore the area (side view Cryogonal is unnerving)

    I try some dynamax adventures and I love them so far. They are a little easier than I expected, but the final fight really makes you work for the win, so I can understand why the fights leading up to it are pretty easy. (I caught Suicune and Heatran) It seems like Nia (Peony's daughter) can set you up with a guaranteed legendary encounter for a small price.

    After trying some dynamax adventures I go to the next location which is a town called Freezington. It is a really charming town and I love the atmosphere. There is a woman WITH A COSMOG in her house, setting up the role the UB's will play in the story. It took me completely by surprise and I almost did a double take.

    So far my experience has been very positive. It seems like the map is bigger than the map in the isle of armor. The animation quality is about the same as the rest of Sw/Sh, but the characters are still able to convey a lot of personality. This is one of the most charming places in the pokemon franchise for me, and I can't wait to see more of it. Pokemon following you is still janky, but I'm still glad it's there.

    submitted by /u/jwhite02
    [link] [comments]

    Casual reminder that ai raid battles are just the worst

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    Seriously. Raid battles are an increasing focus in this game and the ai is still god awful. AI will repeatedly choose inaccurate moves, stat moves which don't work in raids, and now they choose weak pokemon when given the choice. (hmmm, should i choose flygon or dedenne?) at this point you basically have to buy switch online for any hope of catching a legendary. there's just too much rng for raids to be remotely enjoyable.

    submitted by /u/MacGoffin
    [link] [comments]

    Zygarde Dynamax adventure is ludicrously hard.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Title pretty much sums it up, but here's an explanation; the lead up to Zygarde is absolutely fine, no problems there. But once the team gets to Zygarde, things start to get a tad ridiculous (keep in mind I'm going in with three other people, not NPC's). Getting them down to half health is fine but hoo boy once Zygarde becomes complete forme, everything goes to the Distortion World and back. Lands Wrath and Thousand Arrows wipes the floor with the team despite type advantages. The buffs from dynamax and multiple attacks in a row especially with the moves stated prior are absolutely devastating. Zygarde, at least in the Dynamax Adventure, needs to be nerfed.

    submitted by /u/TheGamingVamp1re
    [link] [comments]

    Crown Tundra > Isle of Armor

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed IoA. But CT has just pushed that area aside as my favorite out of the three regions in SW/SH.

    I will say the stories are about the same for me, except Calyrex, while reminding me of a weirdly demented sock monkey (seriously what's with the legs??) won me over fairly quickly. The story definitely got my attention, I don't recall currently (2 hours of sleep, thanks to CT) a game having a similar story where you assist the main legendary as you do in this one. For me, it did feel unique enough that despite wanting to rush through it in the beginning because I was just too eager to explore, I slowly found myself sucked into it by the end, which is saying something considering his portion of it was on the shorter side.

    Visually though, this is where CT just blows IoA out of the water for me. While IoA was vast, and open, it also felt just too flat to me. There really didn't feel like there was enough terrain changes in each section. Each section just felt like its own but cookie cutter, if that makes sense. CT, at least for me, felt more like what I expect of a "open world" style map system, and there's really no flat prairie feeling for me. You're constantly going uphill, downhill, up winding trails, etc. And while I do find myself getting lost in occasion because of all the nooks and crannies, (where's our minimap?) I still can't help but love just looking at everything, everywhere.

    Granted I do have my gripes, same as everyone else (for example, the dex and areas felt too padded with pokemon from the mainland) but I definitely see myself hanging out in CT for as long as I can.

    Also, I find myself enjoying the max lairs way more than the raid dens. Not just because legendaries, but it adds a new challenge.

    What about the rest of you? How do you feel the two DLC compare to each other?

    submitted by /u/Sassypurrloin
    [link] [comments]

    Comic - Little Trainer [OC]

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Catch every pokemon you can in the legendary raids

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    This is all anecdotal but try and catch every pokemon you battle against up to and including the legendary pokemon. At the end of it you can choose one of them to keep, but you need to catch it first it seems. I've only done one legendary raid and lost, but at the end, the game let me choose from any of the pokemon i didnt use but caught anyways and one was a shiny. I could have gotten incredibly lucky but i think there might just be a bigger chance of getting a shiny pokemon in the legendary raids

    submitted by /u/teeleer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment