• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 22, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 22 November 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 22 November 2020


    [Hype Thread] 22 November 2020

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite place to visit in Pokemon games?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 05:46 AM PST

    Is there a place you find yourself going back to on Pokemon games? Whether it's the music or the scenery or just something that draws you to that place from time to time. I'd love to hear your stories!

    Mine's the Village Bridge in Pokemon Black and White. The theme for that is amazing and has some sort of sad sentimentality that makes me reminisce the old times, plus the song lyrics for that is actually quite sad if you search for its translated words. Whenever I'd feel like reminiscing or just to let my mind drift off, sometimes I'd just open up my old save file in my emulator and just have my Trainer hang around the bridge as I listen to the theme lull me in.

    submitted by /u/marumarumon
    [link] [comments]

    A Cute Sketch of Mimikyu | Pokemon Sketches

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:45 AM PST

    Thank you sword and shield

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:48 AM PST

    You might be thinking `sword and shield were shit' but I'm talking about the region. You see I live in England. The area in which I live, Cumbria and basically just the north in general is not widely known. But my county was recognised in sword and shield. I relate to the characters. It even talks in slang! I was genuinely surprised that hop didn't say marra instead of mate. Thanks game freak

    submitted by /u/jellyjamesmemes
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a pokemon that you liked/was neutral about but due to certain experience ended up disliking?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 08:34 PM PST

    No charizard special treatment allowed cause lets face it,Most of all have that and if you guys just said that it would make this thread less interesting.

    I used to be somewhat neutral about Solrock.Nothing too interesting about it,However I liked it because of Tate and Liza's battle and the fact that Liza used it in a double battle.(And I LOVE double battles.) But after seeing the spawn of satan that is Martin,I ended up hating this thingI'm sorry but I can't stop thinking about Martin and his stupid Solrock that spams Cosmic Power and Rock Polish.What sucks even more is that its 2 attacking moves are Rock Throw and Psychic,Which aren't bad as MOVES,But Solrock is more of a psychical attacker rather then special.So for the rare af times it could attack,You could've gave it better moves to it GAME FREAK I JUST-It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

    Remember to be respectful in the comments,I don't wanna start any arguments! This is just meant to be for fun!

    submitted by /u/Vanilasong
    [link] [comments]

    I think the straight path in Sword and Shield may be Game Freak misinterpreting what fans want

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 06:40 PM PST

    It caters to the kids, of course, giving them an easy to follow path without much challenge. But Game Freak also may think it caters to the adults too.

    They probably think that all the adults want is to get through the single player game as fast as possible, so they can get started IV breeding and EV training for the competitive scene. And it's easier and faster for them to get to that point if the game is easy and linear.

    And the casual adults that just want the single player? Screw em, give them something they can enjoy for $30 more.

    submitted by /u/jdb1984
    [link] [comments]

    My boy needs friends

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:02 AM PST

    Hi! I'm the Mom who drives my son around town every couple days to get his PokeStops. But he needs some friends to get rid of the gifts he's collected and possibly trade Pokemon. If any of you want to talk Pokemon shop on here, I can assure you he can keep pace. This kid is dedicated. All I can do is throw the berries and balls I know nothing about which type can win battles against each other Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/wynnp101
    [link] [comments]

    Consequences in Future Games

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:14 AM PST

    I'm replaying Pearl, and I just got to face Commander Mars at the Valley Windworks. Mars made a deal "If you win, we leave. If I win, you leave."

    Well, Mars' Purugly beefed out my Turtwig and I lost. Then I just went right back and fought Mars again. Do you guys wish that future games could actually incorporate losses and create consequences? I'd love to have lost that battle and then it's just a win for Team Plasma.

    I think it'd be awesome to add actual consequences to losses in the games.

    submitted by /u/abutthole
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite Pokémon?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:46 AM PST

    Since the National Dex cut, a lot of people have had their favorite Pokémon removed and, possibly, added back into the game. Almost every Pokémon is someone's favorite Pokémon, and every person has a reason for liking that Pokémon so much. Which Pokémon are your favorites, and why? Personally, I like Skarmory because of its introduction in Pokespe. How about you guys?

    submitted by /u/eThunderSnow
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best game released since Emerald?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:46 AM PST

    I havent played a pokemon game in a long time, the last launch release I bought was Emerald, which I remember being pretty darn good and my first was silver. I have played all the games up through emerald, including the original GB R/B/Y. I'm looking for opinions on what the best game is to have come out in the past 15 years that has the most interesting lineup of pokemon, the most innovative mechanics, or just generally solid games that shouldn't be missed. Open to hacks as well. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/GFrings
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Platinum for the first time today. Older games were way harder but a lot of that was down to the poor moveset economy

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:12 AM PST

    This Platinum run was a lot of fun, it was definitely the hardest I've been pushed in a game in the series since I first played HGSS. It was hard due to less convenient levelling options and strong enemy teams but also in large part how difficult it easy to get strong and reliable moves on your own team.

    In more recent gens, every mon has a strong stab move before level 40 or gets some signature move that has incredible power and utility, not so here! You're darling Infernape ain't learning Flare Blitz until level 57 when you're just reaching or have already beaten the Elite 4 so you're rocking flame wheel the whole game. Some pokemon just don't learn good stab moves period with guys like Luxio and Flareon having massive attack stats and nothing above 65 base power to use it on.

    This stuff can be circumvented with TMs, digging for shards in the underground and using the game corner (you'll need to be super patient to do this if you're playing the European version). It's just crazy how much more effort was needed to make movesets I wouldn't bat an eye at in gen 6.

    submitted by /u/SawkyScribe
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Emerald tonight, it was a struggle in a way I never dreamed possible

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:55 PM PST

    I've been playing Pokemon Emerald for a bit on an emulator site (ArcadeSpot for those interested) it's been really fun and tonight I decided to take on the Pokemon League.

    The Elite Four had their share of ups and downs but they were nothing compared to Wallace. Mind you my time was like 3-4 levels lower than his, but he put up quite a fight.

    There were things like his Milotic's toxic, his Gyarados surviving my Aggron's Thunderbolts, but then came his Ludicolo. I think this was the second time ever in my history of playing Pokemon I've ever battled one so long it had to use struggle. This was one of those times. Double Team was spammed to oblivion, Surf knocked out some of my team while they kept missing. Eventually, it came down to my Flygon taking the thing on. I used up the rest of my X Accuracys, a few X Specials by the time Ludicolo had used up all his moves to get to Struggle and after one last Dragon Breath, the struggle recoil knocked out Ludicolo. It was a crazy experience. Wish I'd recorded it frankly.

    Funny enough, Wallace's Wishcash came out after that, but one Leaf Blade from my Sceptile and the battle was over.

    I was never much of a fan of Ludicolo, but tonight just before I was about to fight it I gained a bit more of an appreciation for it simply because of how ridiculous it looks. I'm happy to say that this new appreciation has formed into part-admiration as well, for how tough this thing can be if you play the right cards.

    Sorry for the long rant, just wanted to tell my fun little story.

    submitted by /u/DmanCluster
    [link] [comments]

    So is Tate and Liza AI budged in Emerald?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:52 AM PST

    So I was playing Pokémon Emerald and wanted to do a flying mono team so my team at the time was Swellow,Skarmory,Pelipper,Crobat and Dodou. It's was in the psychic gym and wanted to do a test run of Tate and Liza before I started grinding (my Pokémon were between level 29 and 36) So I start and it goes as I expected at first double attacking the Xatu with Swellow and Crobat(Crobat may seem weird for a psychic gym but I taught it shadow ball for coverage) I had Swellow use endeavor on Solrock to get it low and it went down so I brought my Skarmory and then things got weird because Claydol used earthquake.Im assuming it's because I had a poison type and a steel type in but there both still flying a few turns go by and they just keeped using weird move. The Funny thing is they never attacked Crobat so I just used shadow ball over and over again until I won on my first try.I genuinely have no idea why they did this when they had all the chances to just end me but they didn't

    submitted by /u/PastaMan95
    [link] [comments]

    I think it'd be cool and interesting to have cutscenes and voice actors in the main series, similar to detective Pikachu and lozbotw

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 03:02 AM PST

    I think what would make the core series games cooler or more interesting would be to include voice actors and cutscenes where the characters are talking instead of just having to read a bubble. It would also add more emotions and drama to the characters themselves and during the plot. They could take pointers from games such as detective Pikachu and lozbotw and incorporate that into the main series games.

    submitted by /u/justforfun32826
    [link] [comments]

    I hope the Championship Challenge will return in the eventual Sinnoh Remakes

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:31 AM PST

    If you don't know what I'm talking about, the Championship Challenge was a feature in Sun and Moon, which instead of rematching the champion after remarking the Elite 4, you'll get challenged by someone, which (in USUM) can be a rival, a evil team Leader/admin, or some random trainer.

    I think this could be a great addition in the Sinnoh Remakes, because they're now more gearing for the champion rematches, like in SWSH there's the champion tournament, but unless the changing Sinnoh to fit the sports theme of SWSH, I don't think there will be a tournament, so re-adding the Championship Challenge could be great and refreshing. For example, the hypothetical challengers could be: Barry, your opposite gender character (as s/he is a character in the games, and I don't think you fight them there), the Stat trainers, maybe the Gym leaders, because that could an interesting way to rematch them, and maybe also some random trainers.

    So do you also think it should return?

    submitted by /u/GoldenKuriza
    [link] [comments]

    Concept

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:27 AM PST

    I don't know if this has already been said, but I was just thinking how I really would want a game where you could do everything. Primal reversions, mega evolutions, z-moves, and dynamax pokemon. My idea is something along the lines of a region in between every other region (The intersection) and can trade with every region. Since it's in the middle it uses all special features from each game. I know it's a stretch, but I really needed to get this out there.

    submitted by /u/Erebosthebleak
    [link] [comments]

    filling my dex

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:25 AM PST

    could anyone help me completing my dex. all i just need the two choices that you make in the crown tundra. for me i need regidrago and the Spectrier. don't worry it will be a trade in and trade back. when you are ready just tell me so i can send you the link trade code. and can you also tell me your trainer name so i can tell who i can trust

    submitted by /u/Unknownlord71
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for Soul Silver

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:56 AM PST

    I'm looking to do a playthrough of Soul Silver, my first time replaying since the original Silver. I know for sure I want to use the following Pokémon: Umbreon, Lugia, Ampharos, and Nidoking. What would be a better Starter and 6th team member combo:

    • Typhlosion and Lapras: Good because Gen 2 only had a few good Fire types and Typhlosion is arguably the best available. Lapras is a strong water type who also gets Ice STAB, useful against dragons.

    Or

    • Feraligatr and Ninetails: Feraligatr is a good water type and can learn surf and waterfall for both battle and travel, plus ice fang/punch for dragons. Ninetails is a strong fire type special attacker and has always been a personal favorite.

    Unfortunately internet trading with these games is shut down, and I don't have two DSes so I can't trade with myself, which means other great options like Kingdra and Magmortar are out.

    submitted by /u/Kestrel_Five
    [link] [comments]

    How much time have you put into Sword and Shield?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:58 AM PST

    Personally, I have managed to put in 170 hours into Pokemon sword. It makes sense since I enjoyed the game. Every moment I played in the game was fun and was clearly worth it for me. There were tons of things for me to do and to enjoy. I expect to put in a few more hours into the game because I would like to continue enjoying the game like I did before. I am excited to see how long you played the games for until now.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/harvey1a
    [link] [comments]

    You should be able to catch your starter

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:42 AM PST

    In all the main series games (not counting Let's Go) the professor gives you a starter. Escpiacially in Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon and a little in Sword/Shield, they want you to bond with your starter but you are still just given it.

    So my idea for the next games to really reenforce this would be the professor gives you the regional rodent. Then opens a gate to a special area with "rare" pokemon but would ask you which of the 3 starters you are hoping to find (it would show you what each of them look like).

    Whichever one you pick would either: - Be the one you encounter and you couldn't knock it out and would be a guaranteed capture Or - The one that you find and bond with who then lets you capture it

    I think this would let you "bond" with your starter more and would give a reason why you could get a shiny starter, and make it easy to shiny hunt because you would be able to save before the encounter. It would also just be cool to actually catch your starter rather than just be given it.

    submitted by /u/Defenfiver
    [link] [comments]

    How did the Tapu Guardians come to existence

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 09:23 AM PST

    I've been looking through the internet to find out how the Tapu Guardians of Alola came into existence. But all I found is that Tapu Koko is representing yellow, Tapu Lele is representing pink, Tapu Bulu is representing red, and Tapu Fini is representing purple. I've been trying to look for a possible reason as to how the Tapu Guardians came to existence in the first place long ago, does anyone have any clue whatsoever?

    submitted by /u/Taluca_me
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think will be the most sought after cards in another 20 years?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 04:03 AM PST

    Was into Pokémon in the late 90's & early 2000's and grew up playing and collecting the earlier cards.

    Still have some of my base set & now 18 or so years later seeing the game evolve into what it is today, I'm wondering what are the best available sets in 2020?

    Seems like there's a ton of options out there to choose from & I have no clue where to start. Am old & I've been gone for too long, I feel like a noob starting all over lol.

    Obviously everyone has different tastes and opinions, but in another decade or so, what do you guys think will be the coolest / rarest cards that you can go to the store and grab today? What's the best buy to get the nostalgic effect as well?

    Please point me in the right direction.

    submitted by /u/devonthed00d
    [link] [comments]

    Which of the Galarian fossils are the most miserable?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:23 PM PST

    I think it's well agreed upon that the Galarian fossils live pretty miserable lives overall. But which really has it the worst? I'm really torn myself- all I know is Dracozolt easily has it the best off. As for the other three? It's a tossup. If I really had to choose… I think I'd go with Arctovish. How are you supposed to eat anything with a mouth on the top of your head?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Syom_chris
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile Pokémon Trading Card/Battle Game

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 07:43 AM PST

    Man, I feel like if they made a game very similar to hearthstone, where you could buy packs and collect and then also battle online in ranked matches etc that would be amazing.

    I know they have a trading card game that is playable on PC and on tablet. I have not tried that out and not sure how it is. Not as convenient as say a game like hearthstone is where you can play it anywhere and everywhere with your phone.

    I wonder if there is any work in progress for this to happen!

    Also just for my knowledge how is the web based trading card game?

    submitted by /u/ShaneDout
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment