• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 5, 2020

    Pokémon 4th Annual Discord Server War Event Begins!!

    Pokémon 4th Annual Discord Server War Event Begins!!


    4th Annual Discord Server War Event Begins!!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:24 PM PST

    Discord Server Announcement!

    Hey trainers! I'm sure you are all members of our awesome discord server, but we'll forgive you if you aren't! Check us out here or on the sidebar!

    If you are a long-time member of the subreddit / server, you know that every year we put on a major event on our discord server that combines showdown battling, art contests, and pokemon trivia puzzles, games and more. Truthfully it is all about those sweet, sweet about internet bragging rights, but if you are not about that, why not join in to hone your skills!

    This year's war is Galar/Kalos Themed and we highly encourage you to join in if you haven't participated in one of these events before!

    What is a "Server War"?

    You've probably heard mention of our previous server wars before, but if you haven't, here is a quick explanation of how you can participate in the upcoming fourth installment! Each year users are assigned to one of several teams based around that year's theme. Users can compete in showdown battles, art contests, fun games and even some really challenging Pokemon-themed puzzles to earn "tokens" for their team. The winning team at the end of the war will be awarded the chance to suggest 3 new colours for the Licensed Trainer role for the upcoming year. In addition, all participants will get a vanity role on the server demonstrating their participation.

    How do I participate?

    You can find out more by checking out this channel: #rules_of_time_travel channel or by DMing @Manaphy#4969 the command +war join to have your team assigned to you!

    Battling Rules & Regulations:

    Random Battles / Battle Factory are considered the default format. These include:

    Monotype Gen 1-8 Singles Let's Go Gen 7-8 Doubles Gen 6-7 Battle Factory Gen 7 BSS Factor

    These are seen play at your own risk, but still viable for play:
    Singles Battles: Gen 1-8 Ubers Gen 1-8 OU Let's Go OU Gen 2-8 UU Gen 5-8 RU Gen 2-8 NU Gen 4-8 PU Gen 4-8 LC Gen 4-8 Monotype Gen 6-7 Battle Spot Gen 8 STABmons National Dex, National Dex UU, National Dex Monotype

    Doubles/Triples Battles: Gen 8 Ubers Gen 4-8 OU Gen 7-8 UU Gen 6-7 Battle Spot VGC 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

    Art Contest Rules & Regulations:

    There will also be semi-weekly contests held where users have to create various design challenges ranging from things like: Draw A Pokemon Themed Beverage (images from past contest)

    We will also be hosting a weekly channel called #artventures . Each week users can submit a maximum of 2 drawings. There will also be an additional, optional "weekly theme" worth bonus points. These channels will conclude every week on Sunday 11:00PM EST.

    submitted by /u/technophonix1
    [link] [comments]

    Been collecting/hunting for Legendaries through Ultra Wormhole in my Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon games the last few days. I'm pretty proud of my results so far :)

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 04:07 AM PST

    http://imgur.com/a/NOQ5Xvq

    Also, I've had some nice luck with finding some normal shines too. In fact I got 2 Shiny Grumpig, one male and one female. I don't need to have both, so I'm willing to give one away to anyone who wants it in the comments :D (the first to ask gets it).

    edit I also got Raikou, I just noticed now I haven't gotten to store it in my Pokébank yet

    submitted by /u/CuddlyE
    [link] [comments]

    MY PARTY GOT INFECTED WITH POKERUS AAAAAAAAAHHHH

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 08:46 AM PST

    I was joyfully playing b2w2 for the first time. I got to Lentimas Town, fought with some pokemon and trainers in the Strange House, I fly to the Pokecenter to heal AND THE NURSE'S MESSAGE POPS OUT HOLYYYY- I'm legit shaking, maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't PKRS have a 3/65.536 ODDS OF HAPPENING? I can't for the life of me get a shiny pokemon AND THIS HAPPENED??? I can't-

    Sorry if I'm being annoying, I just wanted to share my excitement with someone :"))

    Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/v0AzR7y (this is an emulator btw)

    submitted by /u/Flyday_Chinatown
    [link] [comments]

    A rather sad aspect of Steven in Emerald that I learned of

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 05:54 AM PST

    It turns out that, in Emerald, you cannot rematch Steven Stone at all. Once you beat him the first time in Meteor Falls, he's gone for good.

    I'm very disappointed that GameFreak did not give the ability to rematch Steven. They had no quarrels giving rematches to Wally, or making the Gym Leaders rematchable - in double battles no less - but they put their foot down with Steven.

    It especially sucks since Hoenn is one of the lowest levelled regions out of all the mainline games (might be the lowest, but I don't know the highest levels in gen 7), plus there is no buffed elite four on rematch like in ORAS, which makes getting to level 100 a total nightmare in the original Hoenn games. Steven is by far the highest levelled trainer in Emerald, as he is roughly 20 levels higher than anyone in the Elite Four. GameFreak had the great and convenient solution to a glaring problem in Ruby/Sapphire right there, and just passed on properly utilizing Steven in round 2.

    They still could've allowed Steven to be rematched at the same level if they didn't want to do the whole level increase on rematch thing for Steven, like they do with the Elite Four. It still would've been an upgrade to do that than to just make Steven a one-off fight.

    It would've been awesome if you could rematch Steven in Emerald. Not only would he be a far better trainer to grind levels once you've beaten the game, but it would've been so much fun. Steven is already a very tough fight, as his entire team is in the mid-70s and has some decent strategy to it. Making it so you could rematch Steven into the strongest in-game battles ever would've been super fun. He could've been the man to challenge Red's throne as the strongest in-game battle ever.

    submitted by /u/T_Raycroft
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite starter by generation minus gen 1

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 10:43 AM PST

    Hey i wanted to do a poll for all the starter pokemon and their evolutions for this poll you are to pick one and only one starter or starter evolution from each generation in order to find the fan favorite of each if you have a minute please check it out

    https://strawpoll.com/q8eu9ubdu

    submitted by /u/least_toast
    [link] [comments]

    Which Electric Pokemon should I use in Platinum

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 02:47 AM PST

    Which Electric Pokemon should i use? Luxray is the easy option cuz you can get shinx really early and it's a decent choice. Rotom is fun to use and I'm using a hack to get its other forms. Electivire is the hardest to get, but I have another game so i can trade back to get it to evolve. Which is your favorite?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/markimark1305
    [link] [comments]

    Mega evolution

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 08:37 AM PST

    I don't hate sword and shield but I think it had a few features that ended up being worse than previous games. I know this Isn't exactly an unpopular opinion but I think mega evolutions were way better than dynamax. Is it possibly mega evolutions will be brought back in a future game? Potentially with even more new ones, or have we seen the past of this feature?

    submitted by /u/xdfgg
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of fake signature moves for Pokémon, day 45: Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 05:30 AM PST

    I am coming up with at least 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or an evolutionary line of Pokémon. I am going in Pokédex order, and I will skip every Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. Signature Z-moves or G-Max moves don't count.

    The move for Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk is called Crystal Crunch.

    Crystal Crunch is a Physical Poison-Type move with a base power of 85. It has 90% accuracy and 10 PP. This move has a 30% chance to badly poison the target. When this move results in a Critical Hit, the target's item gets destroyed.

    This move is a counterpart to the move for Kantonian Grimer and Muk. They are very similar moves with the only differences being that this move is Physical where Acid Bomb is Special, and Acid Bomb has a high Critical Hit ratio, whereas Crystal Crunch doesn't. In turn, if this move does result in a Critical Hit, the target loses their item. This is so, because a Critical Hit is of course more powerful, and since the crystalized poison that Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk's teeth are made out of are... well, poison, this move can also destroy stuff like a Focus Sash which realistically speaking would not necessarily be destroyed just by some powerful fangs. So yeah, I hope this is clear.

    I chose this move for these Pokémon because I wanted them to get their own move similar to Poison Fang, but better. Giving them a Dark-Type biting move didn't seem that good of an idea since it wasn't that original, especially since Crunch already exists.

    I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas, and if you have any ideas for signature moves for Pokémon, I'd love to hear them, I might use the ideas (with your consent of course)! Even though this is a daily thing, or at least, I'll try to keep it daily, I don't think I'll be consistent with the time of day I post another idea.

    submitted by /u/Noodnood966
    [link] [comments]

    Why do male frillish and jellicent look so miserable compared to their female counterparts?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 04:11 AM PST

    So, I know there are a lot of pokemon with gender differences, but the frillish/jellicent gender difference is especially dramatic. I suppose I can understand why the male is blue and the female is pink, but why do the females look so happy, while the males look like they've seen a ghost? Well, I think, quite simply, it's because the male frillish really did see a ghost. Let me explain:

    Clearly the evolutionary line is based off of jellyfish, and a true fact about real-world jellyfish is that their mothers release their eggs into the water, and are not there as their babies are hatching and taking their first look around. I think it's entirely plausible that baby frillish with their parents are the same way. My theory is that male frillish are actually born as pure water types. They hatch from their eggs in the depths of the water they're born in, looking as happy as the females. How do they then become ghost types, you may ask? Because, when they're old enough to swim up closer to the surface where trainers catch them, they see their mothers for the first time, and rather than the family experience the cute little water type needs, they get a traumatizing jump-scare where they literally see a ghost. That experience then haunts them for life, as you can see in their red eyes, and also gives them their ghost type.

    Does it seem pretty dark and like something that shouldn't be in a family-friendly game? Yes. Is it any worse than the canon descriptions of Drifblim, Lampent, and Mimikyu? Nope. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/ChillNinetales
    [link] [comments]

    I just found my Gameboy Advance and need help deciding which game I should play first!

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 12:40 PM PST

    So I recently found my Gameboy Advance and I found my Pokémon Red, Silver and Gold. Which one should I play first? It's been years since I've played, part of me wants to start off with Red and go in order but I love the expanded Pokédex and map in Gen 2.

    submitted by /u/IAmMostDope92
    [link] [comments]

    I thought of a thing that could be added as part of the 'y com'

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 12:34 PM PST

    As we can see other trainers it might be cool if we could see them battleing improve how the world it and add more depth by seeing others grow stronger idk how it would work but it might be cool

    (this is nothing against game freak I do think the wild area is great)

    submitted by /u/weebo24601
    [link] [comments]

    How do you pick your starters/pokémon in general?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 10:06 AM PST

    I'm just curious. How do you pick your starter pokemon? I mean by stats and/or looks or type. As poor as this sounds, I usually pick mine by looks and which ones I find the cutest. But even then I do pay a little attention to stats and types. For example, fairy and fire types are my favorite.

    submitted by /u/Gremlin-Teefs
    [link] [comments]

    What should my next mono-type run be?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Rules:

    1.) No using Pokémon belonging to the Gym Leader / E4 Member of the type I am using, if applicable.

    2.) Dual-type Pokémon are allowed so long as they have the specified type for my run.

    3.) No trading or using pokemon that aren't otherwise available normally up until the point that I am playing.

    4.) I de-prioritize using pokemon in other runs I have before.

    5.) Generic standards like species clause, no OHKO moves, no evasion boosting, no glitches, no items in battle (that aren't held items) etc.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/JeffSoKewl
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Colosseum...

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 06:16 AM PST

    How do they fare as an experience? Are they a harder or more challenging experience than the main games?

    I have never played the games myself, and unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to play them as of right now (not even by emulation (crappy PC for Dolphin atm)), but I have always wondered how the games fare as an experienced wanted by the community.

    I only know the gist of it: both games have Orre as their region, there exists Shadow Pokémon that you can Snag with a special arm tool, and there's a funky man.

    Also, the game is entirely made of double battles. Do the double battles make the Pokémon Colosseum games a challenging experience?

    submitted by /u/Accel_Diamond
    [link] [comments]

    Hiya I’m fairly new to pokemon collecting but are a signed Brock trainer card and signed bulbasaur first Ed, worth anything?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 12:10 PM PST

    I have a couple of signed cards from the voice actors from the original pokemon anime and was wondering what they would go for sense I'm almost completely clueless I also have a smoochum also signed from the same person who signed the bulbasaur. I don't think I plan on selling just wondering the "rarity" and I feel price is the best way to do it, so if anyone knows it really would be Much appreciate.Imgur-Pokémon signed cards

    submitted by /u/theautomizer-og
    [link] [comments]

    Help in starting a collection... (complete beginner)

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 12:01 PM PST

    Hi, so for Christmas I want to get my partner a pokemon trading card starter kit. He had his whole collection stolen from him when he was a kid and now would be worth a lot. So I want to create a better memory of it and collect cards together.

    My knowledge is limited and I don't know where to start. I want to get a good binder, some sort of guide to collecting/a list of all the cards to get and also get some genuine cards (not super expensive) to start building this collection. If I go on ebay the first few results are 'buy 50 or 100 cards for £10'. So my questions are:

    Have you got any advice for begginers and complete newbies?

    How do I know if the cards I am buying are genuine ?

    How do I get a good old school 90s (just commons for now) collection of cards?

    And any tips where to buy this from?

    Really appreciate any help you may offer me.

    submitted by /u/Beckyholly93
    [link] [comments]

    My Main Problem with BW Series

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 05:07 AM PST

    I stopped watching Pokemon 10 years ago after DP series and watched again this year. I continued with BW despite being reluctant due to other fans saying how bad it was. I just finished watching it and XY. Of course XY is a masterpiece. But still, to be fair, I enjoyed BW a lot and wouldn't put it in the bottom of my list. TR vs TP would make the series better than AG in my opinion. I like the filler episodes contrary to most who didn't like it. I also liked his new set of Pokemon team which are very cute and funny as hell compared to his XY team. Ash has a better personality in BW than XY. Then Cilan is a good Brock replacement but can be annoying since he always goes with culinary metaphors. (Brock is equally annoying with his constant infatuation to every woman he sees). Iris is a unique female companion that should have been given a proper storyline and character development (probably why others hate her, she didn't have any impact compared to other female companions despite her potential)

    My only main problem is the Pokemon League and how noob Ash has been. Examples are acting like he didn't know most of the pokemons even though a percentage if them were encountered by him in the previous series, not knowing type advantages, and being such a kid (no wonder Iris calls him a lot).

    This is what should have happened in the league: 1. Iris should have joined the Pokemon League seeing how competent she is in battling. It's a shame they never did anything important to her compared to other female companions. Drayden wants her to be his successor as the gym leader but she never gets to be in the league 🤦‍♂️ 2. Ash shouldn't have used Oshawott in the league and also lost to Cameron, who's a silly character that brought only 5 Pokemons and still managed to beat him. 3. Trip isn't a good rival but he doesn't deserve to lose in the very first round. He was shown to be a strong trainer despite recently starting his journey. Serperior is probably the second strongest in the series after Alder's Bouffalant. The last match between Ash and Trip is a 1 on 1 match, imagine after all the build up. 4. This is how it should be considering that Virgil would still win, Ash should be in the top 4:

    Ash beats Stefan top 128 to kick off the league better

    Ash beats random opponent top 64

    Ash beats another random opponent top 32

    Ash beats Iris top 16

    Ash beats Cameron top 8 in a hard fought battle

    Ash beats Trip top 4

    Ash loses to Virgil

    How do you want to change the BW series? (No changing of the main storylines and characters)

    submitted by /u/encephalopatyh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment