• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 6, 2020

    Pokémon Rodger Parsons (Pokémon Narrator) Appreciation Thread

    Pokémon Rodger Parsons (Pokémon Narrator) Appreciation Thread


    Rodger Parsons (Pokémon Narrator) Appreciation Thread

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 11:51 PM PST

    Such an iconic voice that I catch myself thinking of from time to time. It's so hard to imagine the show and movies without hearing his narration in the beginning of episodes and the end. It's awesome he's been with the franchise since the beginning and still works on it today. I think he even provided his voice for the Battle Revolution game.

    So yea I just wanted to give this legend of a man the credit he's due 👍🏻

    submitted by /u/biffingit
    [link] [comments]

    The craziest coincidence happened to me while playing platinum some months ago

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 02:28 AM PST

    In 2018, I first started playing pokémon X, and had never found a shiny pokémon yet until I found a shiny graveler in the victory road. My friends told me I was really lucky but I didnt really care. I later destroyed that save file to start again, something I would later regret.

    After that, I moved on and played red, silver, AS, white &sun, and I never found a shiny pokémon (not counting stationary Gyarados) again until...

    I was playing platinum some months ago, I think I was inside some part of Mont. Coronet, when my repel ran out and I decided not to waste another since I was already leaving. Then... ANOTHER SHINY GRAVELER APPEARED

    To this day I think this coincidence is the craziest thing that ever happened or will happen to me, the only two shiny pokémon I ever found were the same

    submitted by /u/FelipeKits
    [link] [comments]

    Who are eligible to receive starters within Pokémon lore?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 10:16 PM PST

    Does everyone in that region get those same 3 starters? No, we have seen it is possible to have Pikachu and Eevee as starters for Kanto along with the other 3.

    But... what is the criteria for getting a starter? Does everyone have a Pokédex? Why are the player and their rivals the only kids who get these?

    submitted by /u/CharmingVictini
    [link] [comments]

    NGL, i kinda want a Pokemon Tower Defense Game :/

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:00 AM PST

    So basically, it'd have about 10-20 Pokemon (Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth, Magikarp, Three Kanto starters, then whatever else the devs want to add)
    and you can place down Pokemon with PokeDollars, you start with 3,000 like you do in the old games, and you can evolve them with PD as well. And if your on a high enough level, you unlock Z-moves, Mega Stones and G-max/V-maxing for certain Pokemon. (they can only use these once the Pokemon reach they're Final evolution

    So thats my idea, any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Noble_Raccoon
    [link] [comments]

    I am a new pokemon fan!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 05:39 AM PST

    What are good pokemons to start with? What is the pokemon game that has the gen 1 starters? Any tips? Anything i shouldnt do? What emulator should i use? Wich starter is the best? Sorry for the lots of questions! Would appreciate help! Have a nice day/night if you are reading this!

    submitted by /u/tibisorica
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine if gyms got their own unique battle theme.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 10:47 AM PST

    In the same spirit of black and white 2, but not just the gym but their battle music aswell, every gym has a unique variation or flat out new theme specifically made for them, each covering a different genre of music usually from the archetype they are based from.

    And each track all can tell the personality of the gyms just from the music track, like maybe an old japanese samurai as a gym leader, and his team is some heavy shamisen rock, next is a noire detective and the gym battle theme is saxaphone jazz, some vocaloid looking pop star and her theme is essentially hatsune miku, and many more.

    submitted by /u/TheGoldminor
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] "Standing on the Left", a short Indeedee fanfic

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 09:16 AM PST

    The light from my Poké Ball fades from my vision. I find myself in the familiar arena atop the Battle Tower in Wyndon. A match is about to begin, and I am ready.

    The opponent across from me is a friendly-looking Basculin. I greet him with a polite bow, as is my custom. He makes eye contact for a moment, returning my greeting. There is a smudge of curry residue on his lower jaw. I would clean it off for him, but now is not the time.

    To the left of the Basculin, I see no-one. Strange.

    I glance over my left shoulder, towards my partner. There is no-one there, either. Curious.

    My pulse quickens a little.

    In the corner of my right eye, I see a Vikavolt hovering on the wrong side of the Basculin.

    I feel a brief kick of adrenaline.

    I glance over my right shoulder. Clefairy is standing next to me, facing the Vikavolt.

    My heart skips a beat.

    I am standing on the left.

    Gloria always places the supporter on the right and the striker on the left.

    I am standing on the left.

    There must be some mistake. Did my Poké Ball get mixed up with Snorlax's?

    I am not unaccustomed to active battling. I have accompanied Gloria in the Wild Area. I have stepped into an attacking role in competitions when the situation has required. I have even faced down Leon's Charizard. But my place is to be a supporter. I divert the opponents' attention, and so serve the striker. I grit my teeth and endure, so the striker need not.

    Even so, I am standing on the left.

    I turn around and look up at Gloria. Her eyes are steely, her mouth firm. It is the determined face of one who is certain of her decision.

    Gloria looks down towards me. Her eyes soften, and then start to dance. Her mouth softens, and then smiles broadly. It is the kind face of one who believes in her friend.

    "I know you can do it!"

    There is no mistake. Gloria has chosen me to be the striker today.

    I bow towards my trainer to thank her for her faith in me, then turn back towards our opponents.

    I inhale deeply. I can do this.

    I am standing, proudly, on the left.

    submitted by /u/stephenw32768
    [link] [comments]

    What is up with education in the Pokémon world?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:48 AM PST

    Both in the games and the anime, there are students in primary school etc. Even Koharu from the anime goes to school, while the player's characters and the anime protagonists just don't have to? Is it explained somewhere why some children can just skip school and go on an adventure?

    submitted by /u/The_Drawing_Boarder
    [link] [comments]

    what is the most unfair way that you've won a battle?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:22 PM PST

    for me, it has to be the time when i was in the Battle Factory in Emerald, and i had only one Pokemon left, a Swampert. there was a Gengar that i couldn't hit at all, because i had Rest, Curse, Earthquake, and Counter on Swampert. i ended up KO'ing it with a Curse boosted Struggle.

    submitted by /u/TheLego27
    [link] [comments]

    If you were a gym leader, what type/Pokemon/gym puzzle/something else (like weather) would your gym be based on?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:12 PM PST

    As a fan of steel type, my own answer is:

    Type: Steel(of course)

    Pokemon: Magnezone, Scizor, Corviknight, Stunfisk (Galarian), Dhelmise and Mawile (with Mawilite)

    Gym puzzle: something that includes conveyor belts

    Something else: Terrains. The terrain I would use is Electric Terrain.

    The badge I would give to trainers that had the strength to actually defeat me would be Hardpressed badge

    submitted by /u/PoketRBLX
    [link] [comments]

    Origami Trainer approaches

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 10:27 AM PST

    So I made these using sticky notes completely by accident. I was finding a gun wrapper and it became a butterfly with a spiked tail so I made one intentionally to look like Volcarona. It's about 3 inches long and is made of 2 pieces as I'm not advanced enough to create something with 6 wings. I was able to replicate the curve of Volcarona's body and it's neck "scarf" so I'm satisfied for now. Also, I didn't use instructions, I made this up. Took me almost an hour to make the bottom half because I was in class, and I made several iterations of the head and wings, so I didn't finish it until the next day.

    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/745452736958431243/785019125398241300/20201205_212648.jpg?width=812&height=609

    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/745452736958431243/785019161948323880/20201205_212702.jpg?width=812&height=609

    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/745452736958431243/785019190075326514/20201205_212708.jpg?width=812&height=609

    Bottom Half:

    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/745452736958431243/784568341062746142/20201204_155028.jpg?width=457&height=609

    Also if anyone is wondering, that is Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.

    submitted by /u/ezlaturbo
    [link] [comments]

    Mudkip nickname

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:25 AM PST

    So I have just started mystery dungeon explorers of the sky and my partner was a mudkip so I went looking for cool nicknames. While doing so I came across a man who names his Pokemon names of alcohol.

    Because alcohol has an acquired taste and most people think it tasted like dirt when first drinking it, I thought it would make sense to give it to a water ground type.

    So I named my mudkip "Rum and Gin."

    And then I realised, when you say the name fast, it sounds like rummaging. Like rummaging through the dirt... and he's a ground type!...

    This was funnier in my head...

    submitted by /u/2DogsShaggin
    [link] [comments]

    I try to only catch 6 Pokémon per play through and I have a kind of weird reason for doing so (I don’t know what flair to use I tried posting this with discussion/venting but it got taken down)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:14 PM PST

    So when I was like 12 or so I was really into Pokémon creepy pastas and I listened to one where this guy caught all of the Pokémon and just sort of left them in the computer essentially neglecting them and this caused the game to somehow become haunted and the Pokémon all started haunting him like "why did you catch us only to neglect us like this" that kind of thing. I don't remember how it ended but for some reason that story fucked me up and I decided I would only catch enough Pokémon to fill up my team. So yeah judge me if you want.

    submitted by /u/lunarwarrior12
    [link] [comments]

    My Pokémon Professor Team Selection Help

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 11:06 PM PST

    So my cousin is getting a Switch and Pokémon Sw/Sh for Christmas. Because of this I am going to be acting as sort of a Pokémon Professor to him and helping him become the Champion of the region. I plan on battling him many times throughout the game and the big battle is for when he becomes Champion in his version of the game (I am able to battle him many times throughout the game because I will be restarting my Sw/Sh to play at the same time as him). I know that he is going to pick Scorbunny (Cinderace is his favorite Pokémon) so that means I will have Sobble. I need help choosing the rest of my team so that I can have fun battling him throughout the game. Remember the only known Pokémon I am using right now is Inteleon and also for the other Pokémon the team, they can only be Pokémon in the main Galar Pokédex (So no Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra Pokédex, although we will eventually play through those after we beat the main game and post game of Sw/Sh). Thanks for reading this and have a good day or good night!

    Edit: So far I have Inteleon, Grapploct, Galarian Darmanitan, and Goodra.

    I will still be looking for more Pokémon even once the team reaches six. Thank you to everyone who has made suggestions so far!

    submitted by /u/AlexanderTheMaster
    [link] [comments]

    New to Pokemon Competitive

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:55 AM PST

    Hi! Can someone please introduce me to Pokemon Competitive? I will be glad if you can answer some questions. 1) What is the most important event? How many times a year does it take place? 2) Are there any other important events? 3) How can I follow them? 4) Are these events regional or global?

    I want to know this as a fan, not as a future player. If you have more interesting information to share please feel free to comment.

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/mercu1
    [link] [comments]

    About to watch Pokémon Journeys. Any thoughts or things I should know prior to watching?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 11:29 AM PST

    I've been replaying SwSh the past few weeks and saw that the latest season of the anime is on Netflix. I haven't really kept up with Ash's story arc for the past few seasons.

    Is there anything I should know before diving in? Without spoilers, is it worth watching so far (any general thoughts appreciated). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fancycitrusfruit
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with choosing merciless or regenerator toxapex

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 08:12 AM PST

    I see people leaning towards regenerator because of how amazing it is for competitive, but I have no plans of playing competitively, would merciless be a good ability for a casual run or is regenerator really THE ability to have nonetheless? Also I'm not sure if this helps but I'm the type that grinds my Pokémon at least 10-15 levels above the ones in my area so will regenerator even be useful for me?

    submitted by /u/Arctikchoke
    [link] [comments]

    Leaf art work

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 04:39 AM PST

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERx29oQUUAAfne9.jpg

    So we have Red over the years. We only have an official art work of Leaf from the FRLG versions. But I'm curious how Leaf would have looked like in an old art work style from the RGBY versions.

    I mean we don't have an official art work of Leaf in the Sun and Moon era but many artists created works how she would look like in Alola.

    submitted by /u/Moha196
    [link] [comments]

    Trading Card Game

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 10:53 AM PST

    I'm unfamiliar with the trading card game but I've always wanted to get involved. I don't know the rules or anything but I got a couple booster packs today and wanted to redeem my online codes and start playing. What's the best way for a 100% newbie to Play and get familiar with the rules etc? TiA guys

    submitted by /u/raistripz
    [link] [comments]

    Gen 7 Remakes are actually really good!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:36 AM PST

    Okay so after beeing part of this community for quite some time now the general opinion about the different Gens seem to be very fond of generations 1-5 and kinda meh about gens 6+.

    But recently i picked up my old 3ds again and decided to replay Ultra Moon again and i have to say i had a blast! There were literally too many cool Pokemon to put in your team, with pokemon like Bagon, Growlithe Zorua or Eevee available from very early on.

    This island scan thing allowed me to get a freakin Moonferno from Island 2. Z- moves made a lot if pokemon extra interesting, like a jinx or poliwrath with z-hypnosis for +1 speed and a free turn of setup for belly drum or calm mind. Or Z-splash which is more of a meme in competitive but does a more than dexent job for a playtheough. The SOS Call mechanic allows you to get some pretty insane Hidden Abilities like Moxie Gyarados or Regenerator Slowbro.

    Also for a Pokemon Game this "young" the difficulty is very respectable. I did not have an easy time with at least 50% of the totem pokemon and i probably don't habe to tell you that ultra necrozma really is something quite literally out of this world.

    The only thing holding me back me from immediately doing another playthrough is me not wanna watch all those cutscenes again, but on the other hand (even if it's a bit repetitive) hunting all the legendary pokemon and UltraBeasts is pretty fun too.

    Soo, is it just me thinking this good about USUM or are there any other players enjoying the game as much as i doo and if not, why?

    submitted by /u/_dasimi
    [link] [comments]

    About these youtubers unboxing pokemon cards.....

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 07:36 AM PST

    Just wanted to vent a little reddit. I'm absolutely annoyed that this is becoming a trend. I have been slowly trying to complete my collection of the first 150 cards,graded 10, and the first released card of every pokemon. I've enjoyed the hunt the search online for deals the auctions on eBay and facebook groups but now...... due to this YouTube craze and the views its getting the prices have almost quadrupled. A card that went for 300 at best is now over 1100. First edition box sets were 4k and now can't touch them for less then 10k.... it has compelted ruined the accessibility of these cards all for views with youtubers who are just following trends....

    submitted by /u/DadsMatterToo
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Reddit, what is your favorite Pokémon of each type?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 10:29 AM PST

    So I'm sitting here trying to reclaim the shiny Dusclops (my favorite ghost type) i caught in Soulsilver and lost years later, and i was thinking of how interesting this question actually is. Gardevoir is my favorite Pokémon of all time but she could be my favorite psychic type or my favorite fairy type, like, Azumarill makes my list as well but he could be in the water OR fairy slot. It's a question that encourages more thought than it might seem on the surface, my personal list will be in the comments with the format i recommend you guys use. Can't wait to see your choices and discuss and reminisce with y'all.

    submitted by /u/Lobh24
    [link] [comments]

    Dark type running off the Special Attack stat in Generations 2 & 3 really pissed me off before

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:55 PM PST

    Generation 2 marked the debut of the Dark type as the bane of all the broken Psychic types and making the type immune to all Psychic type moves. However, there was one thing that invoked this topic too much, and that is the Dark type running in the Special Attack stat.

    Houndour and Houndoom, Umbreon, Murkrow, Sneasel and Tyranitar were the first Dark types to debut in G/S/C. Umbreon is a stone wall, Murkrow and Sneasel are glass cannons, the Houndour line is a beast in Special Attack, and Tyranitar is a mighty glacier among all things pseudo-legendary. The move Bite is now a Dark type, and the moves Faint Attack, Crunch, Beat Up, Thief and Pursuit are introduced. But there was one problem.

    These moves run on the *Special Attack** stat.*

    What happened to Murkrow and Sneasel? They have shoddy Special Attack stats, Umbreon lacks any offensive moves anyway, and Tyranitar has an all-around attacking stats. The only thing that can pull this off perfectly was the Houndour line, and that's it. Come Generation 3 and Sharpedo and Absol were introduced, both having neat Attack Stats but the Special Attack stat was so inferior that Tate and Liza and Sabrina from FR/LG are comparatively hard because they spammed Calm Mind for too long. What the hell? As if making Psychic the most powerful type in Generation 1 their mark of blunder wasn't enough, and now this?

    Thank god G4 wiped up all this mess, otherwise the way types are marked as physical and special were so bad I couldn't help but invoke cheats. Good lord.

    submitted by /u/Y_U_NoHax
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment