• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 12, 2020

    Pokémon Making BAD pokemon GOOD.

    Pokémon Making BAD pokemon GOOD.


    Making BAD pokemon GOOD.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 03:35 AM PST

    I'm sick of seeing the same pokemon in teams over and over. I want to see bad pokemon with interesting use. I'll start with Raticate.

    Raticate has a bad movepool, bad stats, and a mediocre ability ; guts.

    A pokemon with guts has a boosted attack when paralyzed, poisoned, or burned, and is unaffected by the attack cut from burn. So I thought of stacking the flame orb, guts ability and facade (which doubles power when affected by status ailement and gets the stab). I added swords dance to boost attack farther, sucker punch as a priority move (gets the stab if we use the alolan form) and reversal as coverage (believe it or not, it's his best coverage move).

    Add a full investement in attack and speed with a jolly nature to deal as much damage as possible and out speed as much threats as possible.

    And there you have it. My probably futile effort to make a lousy pokemon somewhat decent only to be outclassed by a pokemon who just does the job better.

    submitted by /u/D-CDF
    [link] [comments]

    Awkwardness beetween pokemon?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 04:56 AM PST

    One thing I've been thinking about for quite some time is. Isn't it awkward between the pokemon on a team, more specifically between the pokemon used in the battle and the new pokemon added to the team. "Hey i know i kicked your ass so my trainer could catch you, but we're cool right?"

    submitted by /u/Phoeniks_C
    [link] [comments]

    First game for a 6 year old?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 04:36 AM PST

    My daughter would like to play her first Pokemon video game. Which game is the easiest for her to get into? I am less concerned with story or history, and more interested in simple controls and nothing too violent or extreme.

    I can get something for the GB, GBA, NES, SNES, or the Switch.

    Thank you for your help!!

    Edit: right now, it seems let's go pikachu and eevee are the most recommended. Let me look into those. I really appreciate the help, I've been interested in playing Pokemon but never did. This is the perfect opportunity to start with my daughter!

    submitted by /u/mdz99
    [link] [comments]

    LEAST Favourite Starter Pokemon?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 07:01 AM PST

    So I had been wondering for a while: What's the most hated starter Pokemon of all time? I thought of some examples that I had heard of: Emboar, Delphox, Popplio, and my favourite starter, Inteleon.

    Personally, my least favourite starter... might trigger a lot of you. And that's the most popular Galar starter, Cinderace. I don't particularly hate any Pokemon, I think they're all unique. But if I had to choose one Pokemon as my least favourite, then it would be Cinderace.

    Reason? Because the Scorbunny line simply overtook the Sobble line as the most popular Galar starter once the final evolutions were leaked. And Sobble was my favourite starter (and Pokemon), and also the former most popular Galar starter Pokemon before the final evolutions were leaked. How did a Digimon-looking Big Chungus overtake a Lizard Spy?

    Comment down below who your least favourite starter Pokemon is, and why.

    Also, state who you think is the most hated starter Pokemon of all time.

    submitted by /u/IceApprentice
    [link] [comments]

    What if you could coach your rival?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 10:22 AM PST

    A recurring complaint about the last few gens (at least since Gen 6) is how lacklustre the rivals have been (though I think Hau can surprise an unprepared player).

    I was thinking of how Hop's team wasn't bad at all but his move selection and lack of item really hurts his strength. I was thinking how, if I was there in the world, I would give him a Body Press TR for his Dubwool, for exemple.

    And it got me thinking ,what if you could do that? Give tips and item to your rivals and they would either be much stronger challenges, or, inversly, you could mess with them and make them way easier?

    I dunno how exactly it would work, but at the very least we could give them help with the move relearner? Or give them extra hold items? Like "Here, give this berry to this Pokémon on your team".

    And if you have more double battles with them than usual they could be much better partners.

    submitted by /u/Triangulum_Copper
    [link] [comments]

    [RAGE THREAD] 12 December 2020

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 05:00 AM PST

    IT'S TIME TO RAGE!!!!!!!!


    RULES:

    • PRESS THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD

    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU ANGRY

    • OTHER PEOPLE WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS

    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER ABOUT THINGS WE HATE WILL FORM A STRONG BOND AMONG MEMBERS OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY

    • ???

    • PROFIT

    YOU CAN RAGE AT ANYTHING POKEMON RELATED!!!

    LET'S RAGE!!!


    THIS THREAD IS PART OF /R/POKEMON'S REGULAR STICKY ROTATION. TO SEE OUR ROTATION SCHEDULE AND ALL PAST STICKY ROTATION THREADS, GO HERE!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the better mascot?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 03:14 AM PST

    The Pokemon company seems the love these two pokemon and well who doesn't? You have pikachu who has been at Ash's side since the 90s and Eevee which has been a companion of four of Ash's female friends. In the manga you have Red and Yellow's Pikachus and Red's Eevee that can change its eeveelution (I've only got up to the Gold and Silver saga in the manga.) The two have got their own games on the switch, but which is the better one?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Awesomered989
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Galarian Articuno.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 10:43 AM PST

    I'm not good at these games, I know that, but I have been battling Galarian Articuno, and it's health is just a sliver, and a single hit will make it faint, I've used 15 ultra balls, 21 great balls, and five normal pokéballs, why won't it get caught yet? When I say a sliver, I mean a sliver. I can barely see it's health bar it's so low.

    submitted by /u/Sphjinx2020
    [link] [comments]

    Any other way to get Zarude?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 09:33 AM PST

    I have been signed up for the Pokémon news letter for a few years, however I'v been checking my email for a Zarude code and still haven't received one. I saw a lot of other people were also having this problem. I had been waiting for awhile to get a Zarude. Does anyone know if there is any other way to get a Zarude in sword and shield?

    submitted by /u/rushspacedust24
    [link] [comments]

    Need help to choose a gift!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 07:44 AM PST

    Hi guys! So my boyfriend has been crazy over pokemon these past few months, and he's been playing pokemon sword & shield and he is back into playing pokemonGO.

    We have a secret santa going on in our office and guess what? I'm his secret santa. Since this event is just for fun, i'm about to get him a fun gift for him and the only thing i could think about is a pokemon guide book! I've googled a few of them but i'm not sure whether or not i should get him a sword & shield guide book or just a pokedex book or a pokemon encyclopedia book in general.

    (I'm also willing to get him the Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield: The Official Galar Region Strategy Guide: Collector's Edition if that's what you guys think is the best book for him!)

    I liked pokemon as a kid but now i just don't know much about it.

    Any thoughts he basically finished the game but he likes it so much that he still plays it! So I wouldn't call him a newbie but i also wouldn't call him an expert either!

    Any thoughts? Please recommend me the best book for him!

    Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/aedw1122
    [link] [comments]

    How do I build a flygon to beat Red’s team in Heartgold, and is my team good enough to beat Red?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 09:17 AM PST

    I have Pokémon emerald and I've caught a trapinch, and I intend on raising it to be a flygon (my favorite Pokémon). I also want to send the Pokémon over to my HeartGold game and use it to help take down Red's team. What moveset should I give it? I have access to every TM in HG and Emerald.

    My current team will probably be built with these Pokémon: Walrien, Flygon, Breloom, Typhlosion, Froslass, and Togekiss. Is this team good? How should I change it? What Pokémon should I drop? What moves do I need to teach my Pokémon?

    submitted by /u/TestingForCovid
    [link] [comments]

    What games are needed to do a full gen 5 catch em all?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 08:21 AM PST

    I want to play through gen 5 and do a full catch em all with buying as few games as possible. Currently I have all the gen 4 games (D/P/Pt/HG/SS), emerald, and firered. What combination of gen 5 games do I need to get a full living dex from gen 5 back?

    Edit: Would one copy of black/white and one copy of black2/white2 work? Looking to have different stories in each playthrough

    submitted by /u/classifiedusers
    [link] [comments]

    I never got my Zarude, and it's not even my fault.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 05:40 AM PST

    Words can't really begin to express how annoyed I am. I've been signed up for the Newsletter since 2016, and the only content I've recieved is from Pokemon Go. I never got my Zarude email, I checked my spam and promotions and nothing was there. I asked Support about the issue and they never got back to me. I'm honestly pissed off, but am I the only one having this issue?

    EDIT: I managed to get Zarude myself by using a German VPN, but I'm keeping this post up to see how many people had this issue.

    submitted by /u/NameIdeasWereTaken
    [link] [comments]

    Medieval Pokemon Setting?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 10:48 PM PST

    What does everyone think of a Pokemon game set in a medieval world where trainers fight alongside their partners in duels or actual life/death battles? Sort of like Golden Sun for you OGs out there but Pokemon. I want this, even if it's just a story and not a game.

    submitted by /u/D_Sidd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment