• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 16, 2021

    Pokémon Hey Everyone, I created a quick survey because am curious about preferences of fans

    Pokémon Hey Everyone, I created a quick survey because am curious about preferences of fans


    Hey Everyone, I created a quick survey because am curious about preferences of fans

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 02:05 AM PST

    I was talking to some friends of mine and noticed a correlation around the first game they grew up with, and some of their favorite things in the series. I wanted to see how that was with others, and how closely to a players introduction game their preferences lie

    Survey: https://forms.gle/gdzpnPQ5wh6CtDnv5

    If I get enough responses I would like to make a follow up post detailing everyone's favorites and least favorites. Thank you all in advance!

    Edit: Hey everyone

    First I wanted ti thank you all for your feedback, and for those of you wondering I would like to do a follow up post with the data in a couple days.

    I am relatively new to finally really getting in to the series as a whole. There were quite a few spelling errors that I went ahead and fixed, if there are any more just let me know.

    I also added fire red/leaf green, and crystal in as options.

    Some people brought up that they would like remakes seperated from origionals, such as ruby and sapphire, vs omega ruby and alpha sapphire. The survey is more about reigional and pokmeon preferences based on your first experience, such as my first experience being omega ruby and my favorite region and starter being hoenn and mudkip.

    Thank you all for the feedback!

    submitted by /u/SquigglyLegend33
    [link] [comments]

    Missed out on Zarude, this just pisses me off.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:29 PM PST

    I don't get it. Why couldn't they have made this a mystery gift or a code handed out at ebgames (Australian store)?

    They advertise this monkey for a bloody year, with no indication as to how to get it. I actually checked several times over 2020 just to get some 'oh it's coming' nonsense or directions to buying a movie ticket to a film I didn't want to see in another country.

    Then I find out after a busy bloody month that I had to sign up to some newsletter by some arbitrary time so I can get a code that is in LIMITED SUPPLY!

    It's a digital code, what the heck?!

    I have a life and other games to play, why on earth do I have to constantly have my ear to the ground for this one?

    Why are they so tone deaf with this series? It's slogan is 'gotta catch them all'. Just keep the catching to the bloody game. Just stop with these ridiculous methods of getting Pokémon. Could someone who actually cares about this series just take it over already?

    What happened to the little quests you had to do to get them? Why are they always over leveled to the point of steam rolling everything in the game? How am I supposed to train a Pokémon that doesn't even need it?

    I tried really hard to not miss events and this one just slips right under me. Now I'm gonna have a vacant gap in a game that's about collecting. It's a real middle finger.

    submitted by /u/yureiwatch
    [link] [comments]

    Which Eeveelution do you anticipate the most?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:17 AM PST

    Eevee can change into a lot of Pokémon types and I thing most of us would like Eevee to be the "One to Any" Pokémon, who can transform into all the types.

    Currently Eevee lacks type:
    - Ghost
    - Steel
    - Dragon
    - Bug
    - Poison
    - Rock
    - Ground
    - Flying
    - Fighting

    I'm curious who wants which type the most to be the next addition, so I made a poll for it:
    https://strawpoll.com/fbcvag239
    Let's see which wins, which is the fan favourite! :D
    (To me it's obviously Ghost.)

    submitted by /u/Karabars
    [link] [comments]

    Secret Bases

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 11:07 AM PST

    I miss the secret bases in Ruby and Sapphire. I think with the current technology in the Switch, a Secret Base would fit in game perfectly. I have always wondered why they got rid of it after that series of games. Does anyone else miss this option in the Pokémon games?

    submitted by /u/Jhokerion
    [link] [comments]

    New and old player reactions to New Pokémon Snap

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 03:37 AM PST

    As someone who's been with the franchise since Gen 1, I understand a lot of older players who are excited for New Pokémon Snap. I'm curious as to whether the excitement is purely nostalgia based though? Are players who joined the franchise later still excited for this game? I'd be particularly keen to hear from those who joined in Gen 5 or later

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Fugishane
    [link] [comments]

    What is a pokemon related gift you would really enjoy?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:45 AM PST

    Im trying to get my husband who adores pokemon a gift. Im not sure what to get him. He likes pokemon cards. He also likes pokemon shirts and has a pokeball charger. So as fans of pokemon what would you like to get from your girl as the ultimate pokemon type gift that would make you so happy?

    submitted by /u/hoemegga
    [link] [comments]

    Flash is such a pointless HM

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:13 PM PST

    So I got bored and downloaded an emulator and Pokemon Fire Red the other day (I grew up with the original pokemon and honestly haven't played anything past silver/gold). To this day I still hate HM05; flash is purely trash! I used to wonder around caves for hours trying to find an exit because I refused to teach it to a Pokémon; or if I did I would catch some level 5 piece of crap and just pray my team was strong enough to make it to the exit. Thank heavens I still remember the paths, I might be 20 years older but one thing still didn't change- my hate for Flash.

    submitted by /u/OrangeCrush252
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play Pokemon Crystal?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:23 AM PST

    For reference my first game was heart gold and I absolutely love it. I have tried playing gen 1 games but they where just so buggy and lacked so many of the QOL changes I take for granted so I didn't really like them. This put me off playing gen 2 because I don't expect them to be much better, but I heard crystal is good. Do you think it's worth trying it out?

    submitted by /u/Gold189
    [link] [comments]

    Clemont & Bonnie got the short end of the stick (spoilers)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:51 AM PST

    As the title says, they got to short end of the stick, let me explain. So at the end of xy the gang got a pretty good ending, Serena went to hoenn to further her career, Ash got to go on another adventure to a new region and make new friends, and Clemont and Bonnie? Well they got to go back home and do what they did before Ash showed up.

    Sure they both made new friends and got more pokémon but that's it. As far as we know they are both still at the gym, then dont even get praised for saving kalos and possibly the poké-world for team flare they just return as the boy genius gym leader and his sister, Bonnie didn't even get to keep Squishy as he had to destroy the roots. All of Ash's other companions got some sort of goal after the series. Take lille for an example, she goes on the search for father after bringing her family back together. Brock is on his way on becoming a pokémon doctor, you guys get the point, yeah? So yeah I feel like Clemont and Bonnie kinda got screwed over, anyway thanks for reading my rant

    submitted by /u/Davo_967
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to play Pokemon for the first time

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 08:29 AM PST

    Hello! So as the title indicates, I would like to play Pokemon. I played one of them for a couple of days many years ago when I borrowed a cartridge for my old Gameboy SP, but never got to play again.

    Is it possible to find a classic style pokemon game for my PC or my phone? I'm not interested in online pvp stuff or anything like that, I'd like the classic pokemon "catch 'em all" experience. Are emulators really my only option? I have a Wii U, but I think I heard the online store for that console got shut down.

    submitted by /u/Nova_Lurker
    [link] [comments]

    Why Garchomp Could Be the Mascot of Pokémon

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 12:08 PM PST

    To be honest, I think Garchomp could work as a new series mascot for Pokémon. Garchomp is an awesome Pokémon with a lot of cool design aspects that make it that much more interesting. It represents a lot of Pokémon design philosophies very well. Its design has a lot of different aspects to it that make it more interesting. Its head and arms are based on hammerhead sharks, but also on the paint jobs given to military aircraft to make them look scarier. It also has a lot of dragon elements. Garchomp would appeal to people for it's powerful and imposing image that would make people think, "That's what Pokémon is? That's fucking awesome!" It is also one of the most powerful non-legendary Pokémon in the game, being a pseudo-legendary, as well as being the signature Pokémon of Cynthia, who is a fan favorite character. It also represents one of the reasons Pokémon has remained successful for the last 25 years: It makes the player commit themselves to the game, and that all your hard work was worth it in the end.

    submitted by /u/BabyYodaIsGod42069
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Diamond and Pearl remakes will release on November 19th.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 11:59 AM PST

    No, this isn't a leak. I have no source whatsoever.

    The past 4 main series Pokémon games have come out on the 3rd Friday of November. So if they continue with this trend, we're getting DP remakes on November 19th.

    The main reason I'm making this post is because I've seen a ton of "leaks" including this date as the release date. It takes 2 minutes of research to conclude this release date. So when/if this release date is confirmed, don't start saying those leaks are now creditable. Whoever made those leaks just did 2 minutes of google searches and math.

    submitted by /u/Aleximo27
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get Pokémon bank and transfer my Pokémon over to Pokémon home?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 02:18 AM PST

    I just got my 3ds back and I want to play through alpha sapphire again but that means deleting my save data which I don't want to do because then my old Pokémon and like 400 hours of nostalgia is lost. I want to transfer over my old Pokémon to Pokémon bank then home but then when I go through my old game again in like 10 years it won't give the same nostalgia because I won't be able to see my old Pokémon that I used in the game. I own omega ruby as well and I'm tempted just to play through that instead because I don't really care about the Pokémon on that game. I don't really know what to do so can someone help?

    submitted by /u/CubsterB1608
    [link] [comments]

    Making a pokemon region, i need help with ideas

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 02:16 AM PST

    Making a pokemon region based on italy and greece. My legendaries are going to be based on life and death (yes i know yveltal and xerneas already kind of did that, but they were not really deities of those things, more like symbols. I want my pokemons to be like the reaper that brings souls to the afterlife, and the one that brings souls to their life). The problem i have is comming up with animals that fit these two, whithout completly ignoring the regions inspired country.

    Can anyone help me?

    Edit: My third legendary (or actuslly more of a mythical since it is a myth) is going to be based on a lynx, that follows and guides you through life, and leaves when you can make it on your own

    submitted by /u/DeppressedSwedishGuy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment