• Breaking News

    Friday, February 26, 2021

    Pokémon Pokémon Presents | Pokemon25 Megathread

    Pokémon Pokémon Presents | Pokemon25 Megathread


    Pokémon Presents | Pokemon25 Megathread

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 06:06 AM PST

    You can find the stream for Pokemon Presents here!

    A special Pokemon Presents for Pokemon Day 25 will be airing at 3 PM UTC (10 AM EST)

    This thread will be updated with news from the stream as it becomes public, but here are some reminders:

    • Stay civil on /r/pokemon. No matter what the news is, please try to remember the human.

    • Keep spoilers NOT revealed in the trailers out of titles. You can find all of our spoiler guidelines here.

    • The sub will be in text-only mode starting now until some time after the announcement. You're still free to include images as part of a text post!

    SINNOH CONFIRMED

    • THIS IS NOT A DRILL

    • POKEMON BRILLIANT DIAMOND AND POKEMON SHINING PEARL COMING LATE 2021

    • "Faithful remakes" of the original gen 4 games

    • Developed by ILCA, who worked on Pokemon Home

      • Directed by Ueda from ILCA, in addition to Masuda from GF
    • Layout of the map is identical to the original games

    • There are three starters but let's be real, we're all picking Turtwig

    Pokemon Snap 2:

    • Lental region

    • Will feature land and sea

    • Professor Mirror

      • Supporting trainers: Rita & Phil
    • Alolan Raichu surfs on the water and it's CUTE

    • Nighttime photos

    • Playing music for pokemon

    • Can throw glowing orbs at pokemon to make them glow

    • Like Snap 1, the professor will grade your photos to fill your photodex

    • You will be able to edit photos after taking them. Add stickers, move/rotate/zoom, and share your photos online

    • The mythical Pokemon Celebi

    • Release: 2021/04/30

    Pokemon Legends Arceus

    • Open world(?) pokemon game

    • Takes place in Sinnoh in the past

    • Arceus looks so spooky

    • Release early 2022

    • Environments will be different from the gen 4 games

    • Starters: Rowlet/Cyndaquil/Oshawott

      • So much for "These pokemon were only discovered recently", Professor Oak
    • Aim poke balls in the overworld and throw

    • Pokemon battles appear to be the same as mainline games

      • Unknown at this time if everything will be the same with respect to battle mechanics
    • Billed as an Action RPG

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Legends Arceus looks like the "Breath of the Wild with Pokemon" everyone wanted.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:20 AM PST

    I can't believe they're really doing it. Wow. This might actually be good. I went in with my expectations at the absolute floor but we might get a really good game here and I wasn't prepared for that. I also think I'm happy they're remaking Sinnoh in the simple chibi style, it kinda reminds me of the Link's Awakening remake, sadly not as well polished and consistent as that remake but it's kinda similar I guess.

    I'm just happy GameFreak is doing something different. Maybe Pokemon will have a bright future.

    submitted by /u/IanMazgelis
    [link] [comments]

    They really faked us out with that simpler chibi remake and I'm legitimately impressed.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:18 AM PST

    Wow, what a letdown it would have been if that's all we were getting. I'm still not sure if this other game will be good obviously but I like that it's a reimagining instead of just the simple remake that Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are. This is great. I'm happy they're trying something new, they really seem to have taken the criticism seriously. What a shock.

    And to be clear, yes I know they're separate games. But I think they announced Brililant and Shining first because they knew we'd think it's all we're getting. I know it's a real game but the fake out was the expectation that the future of Pokemon would be more of the same, even literally.

    submitted by /u/IanMazgelis
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone later after the pokemon direct

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 03:13 AM PST

    What do you think about the gen 4 remakes, Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:25 AM PST

    What do you guys think about Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

    I am very excited and am loving the art style. I am not completely happy with the artstyle since I liked the graphics for the past few games. This is currently still work in progress so maybe the final graphics will be more refiner. The Legends Arceus is just 😍 There are some improved battle animations and there probably might be more. I don't really like the name for the gen 4 remakes though.

    submitted by /u/MiloticManiax
    [link] [comments]

    I love the Sinnoh Remakes Art Style

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:29 AM PST

    I've already seen people say it's "awful". I never wanted remakes to look like Sword and Shield.

    This art style feels like it's close enough to the original to feel like the old games but upgraded enough to be very clearly new and distinct.

    A pinch of 3D elements are better visualized than the full 3D world of SwSh. This is how it was in the originals also, Sinnoh was the first to feature quasi-3D landscape elements and I believe this is partly why Sinnoh is so loved.

    I would have been let down by an art style that wasn't true to the original top down format, and judging by this so far: I'd prefer to play any region with these graphics.

    I'm not saying it won't have any faults, but I'm very optimistic.

    submitted by /u/Zubaz_Accountant
    [link] [comments]

    Who else had that be literally exactly what they wanted to see, but never expected to.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:30 AM PST

    What the hell GameFreak! You're not allowed to get things that perfect...

    Pokemon Snap news.

    A deeply old-school take on the remakes; AND wildly new spin on the remakes... all while buying time for a future generation to got nuts.

    I don't even know what to say besides 'well done'.

    submitted by /u/Twilord_
    [link] [comments]

    They did it... they actually did it...

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:29 AM PST

    Wow. What a direct. I want to start off by saying bravo game freak. Not only did you bring it but you brought more. You appeased the fans with a FAITHFUL remake, no gimmicks (that can be seen) and truly just an update for modern times. But you brought the series in a fresh direction! Truly open world, new catching mechanics, mythical story. I couldn't be more excited.

    I think it's time you guys. Let's get #thankyougamefreak trending again.

    submitted by /u/nickdunnington
    [link] [comments]

    And you guys are worried about Let's Go remakes...

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 04:06 AM PST

    I drew Cubone in my art style, thoughts?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 05:09 AM PST

    Can we pour one out for the real victim of the Diamond/Pearl remakes?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:44 AM PST

    Chatot voice recordings....

    The Switch doesn't have a built in microphone, so I don't see a reasonable way that they can implement that. I really wanted to scream into my mic so bad, like in the original Diamond/Pearl. That feature was responsible for me waking up my parents so many times at night as I screamed louder trying to get the attack to do more damage.

    I'll miss you dearly Chatot...

    Rest in Peace!

    submitted by /u/HalfQuarter1250
    [link] [comments]

    5 stages of Cynthia

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:31 AM PST

    What if...

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 05:00 AM PST

    Legends Arceus is a single game.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:47 AM PST

    This isn't coming in a duo. This is one singular game that GameFreak is putting their full resources into, not 2 slightly different games as a cash grab. I was disappointed in Dexit, but this game seems genuinely great. I'm excited.

    Also, 2022 release date. That means 3 years of work is going into this. I don't think this has happened yet. Taking 3 years to work on a project. If I'm wrong please correct me, but it's been pretty much yearly releases as of late, and in gen 5 and prior its been a release every 1-2 years. A full 3 years of time in between these games. This genuinely gives me hope for the series.

    submitted by /u/elite4caleb
    [link] [comments]

    So fellow Sinnoh fans, how does it feel to win twice???

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:41 AM PST

    I for one am absolutely buzzing!!! Platinum and the sinnoh games where my first pokemon games, I can't wait to experience the region that I have loved for years once again!

    I have seen people complaining already about the look for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl but I don't mind it, it's cute and looks fairly similar to the OGs and considering they said it is going to be a faithful remake that is all I can ask for. Guess that sums up part of the community though, complaining pretty much instantly after receiving?

    Pokemon Legends looks absolutely incredible and I can't wait to be reunited with my little baby Oshawott for a grand adventure! I hope this game does well and we get games in a similar vein, exploring the regions we love hundreds of years before the games.

    Come on it can't just be me that wants one set around the Pokemon War and during the time just after Reshiram and Zekrom split!

    But seriously, I know the art style for the remakes looks weird, but no matter what had been announced, people would be complaining because we have set the bar so high for the games. Just calm down and be thankful we're finally getting them

    submitted by /u/ChelseaReferenced
    [link] [comments]

    Shining Diamond and Brilliant Pearl art style discussion

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:28 AM PST

    Personally, I was taken aback a bit by the decision to try and recreate the original pixel art with 3d chibi models. I was off put at first but after looking at them for a bit more. There is something very charming about the overworld models and we still get the full body, Sword and Shield style models in Battles. Also the whole second game. I'm genuinely shocked that Gamefreak isnt making the cheaper looking and safe success that are the Diamond and Pearl remakes, but are instead making the open world action rpg reimagining.

    submitted by /u/DJDMovies
    [link] [comments]

    The most shocking part of the presentation for me is that Game Freak is actually outsourcing the Pokemon games

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:39 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/4K08nUs.png

    I haven't seen a post about it, but this was easily the most shocking part of the direct for me. For years people have been calling for new developers to work on the core series because Game Freak has become complacent, and all of this exploded when Sword and Shield released. Although Masuda is still directing BDSP, ILCA is developing them. Not Game Freak.

    submitted by /u/arielmeme
    [link] [comments]

    Seems the Feudal Sinnoh game is more action orientated

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 03:53 AM PST

    Is “Legends” the start of a new branch of the franchise?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:38 AM PST

    I get the vibe from the look of the official word mark that maybe this won't be the only "Pokémon Legends" game. It has the same look to me as Pokémon Ranger or Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. The portion that says "Pokémon Legends" looks like it's own brand mark, and the part that says "Arceus" looks like the piece that gets changed with each different game. I hope my description makes sense.

    submitted by /u/dpol27
    [link] [comments]

    Remember to hype responsibly

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 02:52 PM PST

    The remakes did not look like what I expected them to look like

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:31 AM PST

    I'm happy with the remakes because I get to revisit Diamond and Pearl but the character models were a turn off for me and I thought they would look something like Oras but I guess not. I am still excited for them though, plus the Arceus game as well that made me really excited.

    submitted by /u/ZZweebmaster69ZZ
    [link] [comments]

    Mega evolutions on the other hand were so cool!

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 04:24 PM PST

    [OC] What the remake animations will be like

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 04:00 PM PST

    Favorite Sinnoh starter?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:30 AM PST

    With the announcement of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, we have been introduced the three original Sinnoh starters: Rowlet, Cyndaquil and Oshawott (I never imagined I would be saying that). So I would like to ask this community their opinions: Which one of them would you chose?

    Feel free to share your insights! I look forward to know your guys' opinions.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/salgadosp
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon legends arceus: the Pokémon game I’ve always dreamed of.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:34 AM PST

    Breath of the wild meets Pokemon. An open world environment where you catch Pokémon at your own will in a realistic environment instead of initiating battles with them. This is the Pokémon I've always wanted but never believed would happen. It looks like their animations have improved, and the graphics most certainly have improved. Although I'm iffy on the DP remakes, Pokémon Legends seems to be a new step for the Pokémon company. Thank you for finally delivering.

    submitted by /u/BirdsAreDrones1986
    [link] [comments]

    Forget the remakes, all aboard Pokemon Legends Arcues hype train

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:39 AM PST

    As I watched the video and they got to the Sinnoh remake part, I felt such disappointment wash over me like never before. I was ready to forget about Pokemon for good but then

    OPEN WORLD POKEMON ACTION RPG! YESS! YES! YES!

    They can officially cancel Sinnoh remakes, I don't want them, I don't need them. Please focus on that action RPG game, make it great! That is exactly what everyone has been dreaming about and if they execute it right, then they have a chance to regain the hearts of the fans they have lost.

    What did you all think about the Open world pokemon game?

    submitted by /u/Ageha1304
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment