• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 23, 2021

    Pokémon What gen has the Most chill fanbase ( Gen 1-6)

    Pokémon What gen has the Most chill fanbase ( Gen 1-6)


    What gen has the Most chill fanbase ( Gen 1-6)

    Posted: 23 May 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    I know this is a really stupid question but I didn't have anything better to do so here it is. what region do you think has the coolest/most chill or the fanbase that causes the least problems. I think a lot of people unnecessarily hate gen one fans because they think all gen 1 fans are "Genwunners". I think most fanbases would get really pissed if you trash their generation but I think 1, in particular, doesn't get too pissed if you trash their gen because there already used to it I'm not going to say what gen it is so I don't risk making anyone mad.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Raichu69420
    [link] [comments]

    Vespiquen lore in Galar

    Posted: 23 May 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    I'm sure most of us can agree if Vespiquen can produce Max Honey, then it should had more of an important role in SWSH, like a Galarian form or GMAX Form. So I made my own.

    Vespiquen (Galarian Form)
    Bug/Fairy
    Ability: Queenly Majesty/Swarm
    HP: 70
    ATK: 85
    DEF: 92
    SPA: 85
    SPD: 92
    SPE: 50

    GMAX Vespiquen (Galarian Form)
    * Signature Move: G-Max Honey Trap = Bug type moves used by GMAX Vespiquen becomes G-Max Honey Trap. The user sends honey-coated underlings to attack the target, covering them in sticky honey. This move not only deals damage but prevents the target from switching out.

    Since ancient times, the people of Galar has use Galarian Vespiquen's honey to produce all sorts of sweet desserts. It was worshipped as the Queen of the Sweets.

    submitted by /u/Sjonathon92
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else excited at the prospect of Legends becoming a series?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 12:04 AM PDT

    I was one of the people vocally upset about Sword and Shield before its release. I eventually borrowed it from a friend. I was severely disappointed in the games, and I think one of the main reasons I disliked them was due to how stagnant the games have become.

    Legends looks like a true shake-up for the main series after 25 years. A prequel game with real-time battles and open world gameplay. Definitely inspired by Breath of the Wild, with less vibrant colors and maybe a more mature story for longtime fans of the series.

    I am excited about the concept persevering and dipping into more experimental gameplay for Game Freak. I believe it will definitely improve over time too. Maybe Game Freak does more Let's Go games, does Gen 9, and THEN releases a new Legends game? That could be another 3 or 4 years away. Imagine all the new engine improvements with the New Switch or whatever?

    And imagine the stories they could come up with! An ancient exploration of Johto culture with the Towers and the Ruins of Alph? Hoenn, hundreds of years ago with the Draconids and Groudon and Kyogre's first battle? Kalos, with the war and the ultimate weapon? And don't even get me started on Unova.

    This series has so much potential. I hope it's a success for Game Freak.

    submitted by /u/LordAyeris
    [link] [comments]

    Discussing Gen 3's Water Problem

    Posted: 23 May 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    Whenever I talk to or see people that dislike Gen 3, a very common complaint is that there is too much water in the game. Personally, I don't understand this as it makes perfect sense with the game.

    The two box art legendaries for base Gen 3 are Groudon, who controls continents, and Kyogre, who expands the seas. In the past, Groudon and Kyogre have clashed for control of the land/seas, ever shifting the topography. Fast forward to when Gen 3 takes place, either Team Aqua or Team Magma awakens just one of these titans, and surprise surprise, they want to change the topography of the region yet again. If Groudon is awoken, he creates intense draughts to dry up the seas and thus create more land. If Kyogre is awoken, he creates hurricanes and monsoons to flood the lands and thus create more seas. However, the player stops the titans from throwing off the balance of the region as it is known. And that right there is the key. Gen 3 is about balance between the land and sea.

    So yes, it may be unusual for a region to have as much water as Gen 3 does, but it is by design. The Hoenn region as we know it is supposed to be a natural balance between land and sea that was found after centuries of Groudon and Kyogre fighting for superiority. I don't know the exact ratio, but if the region was a 50/50 split between land and sea, it would fit this design choice even more.

    submitted by /u/GreenyPurples
    [link] [comments]

    Weird glitch in Pokemon Ruby.

    Posted: 22 May 2021 08:20 PM PDT

    I was shiny hunting jirachi and am about 4600 resets in when after putting it on my game I went to check if it was shiny. This time when I pressed start the pokedex and pokemon options weren't in the menu. I walked outside and saw some moving trucks. It looks like the game started over without me. I got a few pics and a video. weird glitch in pokemon ruby

    submitted by /u/Napalm1090
    [link] [comments]

    How would you rank all of Ash's team per region?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 07:12 AM PDT

    Mine would be:

    Galar>XY>Alola>Sinnoh>Kanto>Hoenn>Unova>Johto

    I really think his Galar team right now is balanced and high tier. He had those that he should've caught before like Lucario, Gengar, and Dragonite. I put XY team above Alola for the reason that Kalos league is a bigger deal than the Alola league even though Ash won the latter. The other team are pretty decent, and close since it contained unevolved ones like Chikorita.

    submitted by /u/LeNewbiee
    [link] [comments]

    The hardest choice in Pokémon

    Posted: 23 May 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    One of the hardest decisions surrounding Pokémon, unless you had Pokemon yellow and were stuck with Pikachu (although it did have an upside of being able to complete the Pokédex without having to trade via a cable with your friends).

    I'd be keen to hear why people decided the way they did. Plus if this inspires anyone to download an emulator and put their lives on hold while playing through the original, I apologise in advance 😂

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/prehistoricdreamland
    [link] [comments]

    If Pikachu never existed, how would've the anime went?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    Think about it. In my opinion, Pikachu is one of the most iconic Pokemon in history and I'm not alone with that statement. But today I had a thought. What would've happened if Pikachu never existed, what would happen to the anime, would Ash have never beaten Brock? What would happen to Team Rocket? I spent all day thinking about this but couldn't come to a conclusion. So I came to Reddit. Hopefully, somebody would know what would happen if Pikachu never existed?

    submitted by /u/Robo-Guardian
    [link] [comments]

    Mega Ring Appearances?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    As I've played more and more across the Pokémon games, I've started to notice something about the mega ring. I've noticed different mega rings with their own appearance. As some might know, I'm planning on making my very own Pokémon fangame, of course for free to hopefully avoid any copyright claims. I've decided to include Mega Evolutions into it, as it is very popular among the fanbase. Instead of just one mega ring, I want a feature where you can purchase different mega rings with in-game money. All I know is the basic mega ring, which is really a bracelet, Lysandre with an actual ring, Korrina with a fingerless glove, and i believe Steven with a shirt pin. Are there any more mega ring appearances I'm not familiar with yet?

    submitted by /u/Gamenerd202
    [link] [comments]

    What ever happened to the Battle Dome Tournaments from Emerald version? So sick!!!!

    Posted: 23 May 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    A quick double post if I may... Why was the battle dome removed from the battle frontier after Emerald? And even if it remained and I am just oblivious, why was the 16 seed tournament feature removed? This was so fun to play through during childhood and adolescence, especially during March Madness. Seeing yourself in the bracket, seeing the crowd grow with each progressive round, having the scouting reports on each contender before the tourney.... This was one of my favorite features in any pokemon game. Now my emerald version has been lost to the ages and it exists only in my memories....

    submitted by /u/shiel1td
    [link] [comments]

    Which Idea For Versions Would Be Better?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 03:02 AM PDT

    (I am not speculating what will officially be done in future. This is just an idea that I liked and wanted to see what others would think of it.)

    I really enjoyed the ideas and pitches in JelloApocalypse's video Let's Make a Pokemon Game! One of my favorites was the idea of releasing a set of three versions instead of two, each starting in a different part of the region which gives you one of the three starters. As Jello explained, something along these lines would fix some gameplay linearity issues, and would probably also make more money that way.

    I've also read an idea of there still being just two versions, but each one still lets you start (or play in until postgame similar to the Johto games) either the north or south half of the region. Regrettably I can't remember who I read this from, so if anyone can tell me where that idea came from that'd be great.

    I am also musing ideas for my own "dream Pokemon game" (which I've been posting elsewhere), though it has come to my attention it's largely an amalgam of subtle bits of ideas from other fan-pitches I really liked, and I want to find a way to make my own without plagiarizing anyone.

    So, which would be a better option?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Uggz2020
    [link] [comments]

    Replica Kanto and Johto gym badges

    Posted: 23 May 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I am working on a couple of displays and I currently have some replica badges but they are not very good and the colors, atleast to me are all wrong, so I am wondering who on ebay or even etsy makes the best looking gym badges?

    Here are my displays mocked up, just need to find my copy of pokemon yellow and replace the badges on the right side on both displays

    https://imgur.com/9N630PK

    https://imgur.com/JRH0ppK

    submitted by /u/ironsniper1
    [link] [comments]

    What is everyone’s favourite side feature?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    I remember really liking the Pokémon contests in omega ruby and alpha sapphire however I don't see them talked about much nor any other side feature? So that got me wondering what everyone else's favourite side feature is? (When I say side feature I mean any feature that isn't the main focus of the game or a major part).

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Intelligent-Heart-86
    [link] [comments]

    My theory for how Mega Evolution works.

    Posted: 23 May 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    So, I think everybody here knows that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. In our world of Pokémon there are various fictional forms of energy like Infinity energy, Dynamax energy and Z-power. Does anyone know that how these forms of energy are converted from any other forms of energy, and how do they execute Mega Evolution, Dynamax and Z-moves(respectively)?

    So Infinity energy is the life force Pokémon I heard(I dunno how dat makes sense)? For a Pokémon to Mega Evolve, it needs:-

    1. A Strong bond with its trainer - I think a strong bond is required because it gives the trainer more will to give his energy(?) to his very dear friend(the pokémon). This also proves why a trainer can't Mega Evolve a second pokémon in battle.

    1. A Keystone - How is the trainer gonna give his 'energy' to the pokémon? I think the trainer lets the key stone absorb his 'energy' through some magic stuff(?). I heard that Infinity energy is required to execute Mega Evolution. I think Keystones contain Infinity energy. The 'energy' taken from the trainer reacts(?) with the Infinity energy in the Keystone to form something(now the mix is stored in the keystone) which will help the pokémon Mega evolve.

    1. A Mega Stone - How is the pokémon gonna take the the 'mix' of energy? I think the Keystone somehow conducts or gives the 'mix' of energy to the Mega Stone. I think that the 'mix' of energy can transferred through some magnetic means because you can find iron in stone and the Mega Stone is a stone. The Mega Stone can't contain the energy for too long, so it releases it. And the 'mix' of the energy conducts itself into the pokémon, amplifying the pokémon, giving it more health, energy to attack, energy to whatever you do with the speed stat, energy to do some telekinesis type things to direct energy(?) from whatever there is in the special attack , etc.

    Bonus - In the case of Rayqauza, it doesn't need a Mega Stone because it eats meteors, and one of them might have contained its Mega Stone, or something that serves similar purpose as its Mega Stone. You might think,"Doesn't Rayquaza go to the toilet or what". When we eat food, the benefits of the food get absorbed into our body and the metabolic waste gets removed from our body. So in Rayquaza's case the properties of the Mega Stone(Mega Stone things and iron) might have been absorbed into its body. So when the Key Stone tries to send the 'mix' of energy to a Mega Stone, it gets attracted to Rayquaza because it has the properties of the Mega Stone.

    Here is a point talking about pokémon who don't need trainers to Mega Evolve. :-

    How do some pokémon Mega Evolve without trainers - So trainers are needed for that extra energy to execute Mega Evolution. We haven't seen any cases of non-legendary pokémon Mega Evolving. So I think why some pokémon(legendaries) can Mega Evolve without trainers is because they have that extra energy, or power, which otherwise they will get from trainers.

    submitted by /u/TheBeaconator_Wizard
    [link] [comments]

    Why does everybody say there is no gen 6 fans?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    I mean I know it's a joke but just don't get it. I remember back in 2014 when everyone loved pokemon X and Y and now apparently there are no fans also please don't tell me how the games suck I'm kind of tired of hearing people saying the sixth generation is the downfall of humanity. And do they really have the smallest fanbase I feel like gen 7 and gen 8 have fewer fans and I think 90% of the hate is completely undeserved like people say the soundtrack sucks I'm not saying it is the best but it has so many bangers like the boutique and Kalos theme?

    submitted by /u/Raichu69420
    [link] [comments]

    Which Starter Pokémon would you consider edgy?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    So, I guess, we all know that Greninja and Decidueye are the most edgy starter designs there are. However, I want to know if you would consider any other starter to be edgy apart from those 2 mentioned. Also, middle evos don't count, looking at you Raboot and Drizzile, only the fully evolved form if possible.

    Why I care? Because I am an edgy piece of garbage myself and I consider Greninja and Decidueye to be too popular, that's why I would prefer any other Starter.

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    submitted by /u/lunaticpoison
    [link] [comments]

    Which is more popular or contributed more to the company's success, the games or the anime?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 01:16 AM PDT

    I know the anime is based from the game, and it all originated the latter. But, do you think the franchise would be a success if the anime wasn't created? I do believe that anime had put out a lot of success since it helped the company become generally popular by almost 3 decades now, which makes me think that it could even be more popular than the games.

    submitted by /u/LeNewbiee
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 214: Pachirisu

    Posted: 23 May 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    I am coming up with at least 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or an evolutionary line of Pokémon. I am going in Pokédex order, and I will skip every Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. Signature Z-moves or G-Max moves don't count. Also, I don't make moves for Pokémon to make them better in battle. While it may make them more usable, that is not my intent most of the time, I just make moves to give the Pokémon something they need, deserve or are said they can do, but aren't able to do with their current movesets.

    I'm skipping Combee and Vespiquen because Vespiquen already has Attack Order, Defend Order and Heal Order as its signature moves. Even if Heal Order isn't in Sword and Shield, Vespiquen still has Attack Order and Defend Order so I have to skip them regardless.

    Pachirisu's move is called Shock Storage, an Electric-Type Status move that heals 100% of the user's HP, but only if it has been hit with an Electric-Type move prior to using this move.

    Pachirisu is an electric squirrel Pokémon, squirrels store nuts, fruits and others foods in their cheeks just like many other rodents. Pachirisu is stated to do the same but instead of storing food, it stores electricity in its cheeks. So I somehow made that into a move.

    The reason the user (Pachirisu) can't use Shock Storage if it hasn't been hit prior with an Electric-Type move, is because it won't have any electricity to store in its cheeks that way. I should note that Shock Storage can be used at any point in the battle, no matter how many turns prior the user got hit with that Electric-Type move, so for example: On turn 1 of the battle, Pachirisu gets hit by a Thunder Shock, and on turn 4, the Pachirisu uses Shock Storage to heal itself up. The amount of turns in between getting hit by an Electric-Type attack and using the move is indefinite. Otherwise it wouldn't be a very good storage.

    You could say that this move should always be able to be used since most Electric-Type Pokémon can generate electricity out of thin air, and you'd be correct. Technically speaking at least, there aren't many Pokémon with actual generators on or inside of them. Anyways, this move wouldn't be as unique if it would work that way, and even then, what's the point of making a move based on Pachirisu's Pokédex entries if I'm not embracing the behavior those entries describe? If Pachirisu could generate its own electricity, why would it need to store it inside of its cheeks?

    Since Pachirisu is a Pikachu-clone, it's a generally weak Pokémon. That's why this move can heal 100% of the user's HP rather than the usual 50% or even the rare 75%. Since the move also requires a somewhat specific setup in order to being used, that justifies the 100% HP recovery even more. To counter the situational conditions for Shock Storage to be used, it could be very useful in double battles. You could have a faster Pokémon use a move like Discharge to hit both opponents and the Pachirisu, which (if it doesn't faint in between its turn and the turn that Discharge was used) will be able to heal the damage from Discharge immediately back up, along with any other damage it had.

    I could make it even crazier and allow Shock Storage to be used even when the user has just been hit by Thunder Wave or Eerie Impulse for example, aka Status moves. That'd decrease the risk of fainting before using Shock Storage, but it will almost be guaranteed to have a negative lasting effect on the user. So it'd be a risk vs reward kind of system. And while it wouldn't have a big impact on Pachirisu being a useful Pokémon in competitive or even just casual playthroughs, it does fit well with Pachirisu's Pokédex entries and behavior, which is what I'm mostly doing this for.

    I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas, and if you have any ideas for signature moves for Pokémon, I'd love to hear them, I might use the ideas (with your consent of course)! Even though this is a daily thing, or at least, I'll try to keep it daily, I don't think I'll be consistent with the time of day I post another idea.

    submitted by /u/Noodnood966
    [link] [comments]

    A concept for the future of the Let’s Go games

    Posted: 23 May 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    Lets go has a lot of potential, its a great way to remake games for a second time, but it is hard to find 2 small, very iconic pokemon for each gen normally. I have an idea though, instead of having 2 games, there could just be Lets go johto, lets go hoenn etc., and what would be cool is if you could choose your johto starter, and they are your partner that sits on your head or shoulder and never evolves. Then the game itself is the 2 original games combined. Instead of version exclusives, every available pokemon in G/S could be captured in their regular locations. The only problem that occurred when i was thinking about this were the cover legendaries. My idea to fix that is you get to choose one, and get the other one the way you normally do in the G/S (ive never played johto games, but i think you can catch both ho-oh and lugia in one game, correct me if im wrong).

    submitted by /u/LVtheFirst
    [link] [comments]

    What region has the best Boutique theme?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    So tell me what pokemon game has the best boutique theme (the place where you buy clothes in the pokemon games so you can customize your outfit) I think all of them have amazing themes and I loved wasting so much money customizing my outfit.

    In case you forgot how the themes sound here are the themes

    Kalos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Wx2bnEuXA

    Alola: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWstn_FscaY&t=13s

    Galar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lkX-AoG0kg

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Raichu69420
    [link] [comments]

    How am I supposed to complete the Pokedex if some of the pokemon are event locked ten years ago?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    I recently got back into Pokemon and have been collecting the Gameboy to 3DS mainline games. Now the only ones I'm missing are SoulSilver, B&W2, and some random Gameboy games. I've started getting back into all of them with Heartgold and plan to sweep through all the games, up to ultra sun and moon.

    I want to finish each game's Pokedex, but there are Pokemon that are just straight up locked behind really old events. Like Arceus in Platinum. And I only want authentic mons. Do I really need to trade for all these guys? And how would I even know that they're not hacked?

    submitted by /u/HarleeWrites
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment