• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 22, 2021

    Pokémon The gym stadiums in Sword and Shield should've had a commentator similar to the one in Battle Revolution.

    Pokémon The gym stadiums in Sword and Shield should've had a commentator similar to the one in Battle Revolution.


    The gym stadiums in Sword and Shield should've had a commentator similar to the one in Battle Revolution.

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    Football commentators and pundits are a massive part of football matches in the UK. Given how the whole Galar League is supposed to be based on the UK football leagues, it seems like a hugely missed opportunity. Even if they still limited it to dialogue like "[POKEMON] is about to attack!" or "Zapped by Thunderbolt!", it would be really cool to see the anime narrator return to voice a battle commentary for another game.

    Examples of what I'm referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4javKwfN-DI

    submitted by /u/Vantagor
    [link] [comments]

    If a pokemon were removed from the Pokédex without anyone noticing, what pokemon would it be?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    For me, it would be Luvdisc. It just kinda floats there when it's alone and allows itself to be eaten. It doesn't evolve even though it's got a pokemon already in-game that would make a perfect evolution. There are a few others that come to mind (Wishiwashi) but this one takes the cake. Constantly frustrating me as to why it doesn't evolve

    submitted by /u/DirtyToothpaste
    [link] [comments]

    Ash's First Highest Level Pokémon

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:31 PM PDT

    Is Primape folks. Think about it. Primeape has been in a essentially daycare like state training with some random martial artists for around 20 years now. So if Ash has been travelling massive distances in 20 years and taking into account that exp in the daycare depends on steps, it is almost certain that his Primeape is level 100 by now.

    Justice for Primeape

    submitted by /u/No-Honeydew6811
    [link] [comments]

    Most taken for granted Pokemon Generation

    Posted: 22 May 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    Taken for granted as In which generation introduced the most feature that people didn't care about and took for granted. I personally thought people took Generation 6 way too much for granted because of the beautiful region, awesome music, New pokemon, The shift to 3D and Much more. Also please don't vote with bias

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Raichu69420
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanna say thank you!

    Posted: 22 May 2021 10:58 AM PDT

    Thank you to EVERYONE who's been likeing, following, and supporting my art! It really means a lot to me! Ever since my 1st account got hacked, here and on Instagram, I just lost the desire to make anything. But with the support of some other artists I found the spark to start over and make art again! So again thanks to everyone who's been enjoying my art! I look forward to making more content! Stay tuned!

    submitted by /u/HoundoomKaboom
    [link] [comments]

    Does.. Heatran not have eyes?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    I recently captured it in my copy of alpha sapphire, but whenever i put it to sleep it's "eyes" would stay open-
    is this an error, or does it just not have eyes? and if so would its eyes be false eyes (like on a butterfly wing) or am I just thinking too much about this?

    submitted by /u/bugsthedragon
    [link] [comments]

    Mega Rampardos (My Idea)

    Posted: 22 May 2021 06:58 PM PDT

    Type: Rock Ability: Sand Rush HP: 97 Atk: 175 (+10) Def: 80 (+20) SpA: 115 (+50) SpD: 50 Spe: 78 (+20)

    Would it be viable?

    You could run something like: Head Smash Stone Edge Fire Blast Ice Beam

    Other options include: Earthquake/Zen Headbutt/Thunderbolt (to destroy Pex) Superpower (To destroy Chansey/Blissey) Crunch (For Glowbro and Glowking) The Elemental Punches Power-Up Punch (An obscure attack boosting option) Iron Head/Iron Tail (For fairies)

    submitted by /u/SuperBGN
    [link] [comments]

    Why won’t Barry’s post-game team get stronger?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    In my Platinum version, I have cleared the Hall of Fame 11 times (with only the first time being the weaker Elite Four/Cynthia teams). According to Bulbapedia, Barry's post-game team at the battleground should increase in level by 10 after entering the Hall of Fame ten times (and another 10 after the twentieth time). But I battled him just now and his team is still at their initial levels. What gives? Am I missing something, or is Bulbapedia mistaken?

    submitted by /u/Macromind101
    [link] [comments]

    Skarmory Is Odd

    Posted: 22 May 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    I recently used a skarmory in b2. It's sprite really bugged me, because in the gen v animated sprites, skarmory's feathers on its wings can move independently. This is the only instance in the main series games that we see this. Obviously, skarmory is intended to fly, as it does in its gen 2 sprites and 3D models. But from gen III to gen V, skarmory has been grounded, so I can up with a theory to explain I believe that skarmory is the missing link between archeops and all modern bird Pokémon. We see in it's gen V and HGSS sprites that skarmory has its head down and body up, in a position that is associated with a hunting dinosaur, like in the Jurassic Park films. That can point us to skarmory not being a bird, but some sort of dinosaur bird. Also, skarmory has something no other bird has, teeth. Skarmory doesn't even have a beak, it's head just extends into a snout. Finally, we see that skarmory and archeops lived in the same areas. In the games, skarmory is found by mountains and volcanos, and in a snowy tundra (snap). Archeops is found in a snowy tundra, and inside a volcano (also snap). I feel like all this evidence points to skarmory not being a full fledged bird, but a transition from more dinosaur like Pokémon (archeops) to the birds.

    submitted by /u/hathay123456
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever kept a trade evolution Pokemon without trading it back?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    This is just something that I recently came to think about lately. I think a lot of people prefer the idea of touch trading (trade then back) to get the trade evolutions, but I do wonder: how often, if at all, have you actually kept a Pokemon that evolves by trading that was traded to you without trading it back?

    While trade evos are still kind of a flawed concept rn, it would seem there was an intention that you should keep the Pokemon you get from a trade, and it should stay with you as your own Pokemon from that point forward. Meaning for example, if you really want a Machamp or Conkeldurr, instead of raising a Machop/Timburr then raising it then touch trading it, the intended experience was you find someone who has a Machoke/Gurdurr, have them trade it to you, it evolves when you get it, then you keep it for good. Ideally, you would give a trade evolution of your own like a Graveler or Boldore so your trading partner has a Golem or Gigalith in return. The original concept, and this is supported by some official media (most official media in most cases makes it so that the traded Pokemon remains with the new owner), is that you are meant to negoatiate. Like with version exclusives, you could trade a Kadabra for someone else's Haunter, and trade evos were meant to add an extra dimension to the trading interactivity feature by ensuring these evolutions were also part of a negotiation.

    But I do wonder: how many of you have actually done this? Negotiated with someone else and not actually touch trading a trade evolution Pokemon, but instead keeping the Pokemon traded to you that evolves and use it on your team? I'm curious if anyone has actually took this approach to obtaining trade evos.

    submitted by /u/ScraftyIsBest
    [link] [comments]

    Which method of "Upgraded/Third" Version of Pokemon games do you prefer

    Posted: 22 May 2021 03:31 AM PDT

    They've really changed up the formula with the third versions over the years. The first 4 gens they basically had single third versions to bring the other two together and combine elements from both such as version exclusives. I find that they also tend to make the battles in the upgraded versions a bit more difficult and change up some of the trainer teams and raising Pokemon levels to keep things fresh.

    5th gen was a surprise since they decided to throw a curveball at us by giving us direct sequels to Black and White which I really liked especially due to how story focused Gen 5 was. I loved how they continued the story and showed us how the Unova region and its characters changed over the course of two years. I feel these raised the bar and set a new standard for how follow up games are supposed to be like.

    6th gen unfortunately didn't give us any Z or XZ/YZ version, which is one of the reasons why X and Y are so forgettable. Allegedly, there were some insider leaks/datamines that showed that X and Y were planned to get some sort of follow up game like Z or X2/Y2 but they were scrapped. I think I heard it once before that Junichi Masuda implied that ORAS was meant to be the follow up to X and Y, mainly in tying in and continuing the lore of Mega Evolution.

    I feel Ultra Sun and Moon were a step backwards, despite having two paired versions. The story didn't change much until the end, but they added so many features. One thing I can really appreciate though was how they really upped the difficulty of the main story battles in these games.

    Sword and Shield's DLC is new and uncharted territory since it was officially stated that the Expansion Pass was supposed to replace the traditional "third version". I was quite open to it and I like how the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra are larger Wild Areas and yet both of them have an objective and story. But I think what ticked off a lot of people was the fact that Game Freak "paywalled" what was essentially supposed to be post-game content since Sword and Shield had a pretty underwhelming postgame.

    If I had to vote, my favorite out of these would be Black and White 2 just because I liked how the region has changed and how they implemented an entirely new story as well as the tons of features added, especially Challenge Mode.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/djdisciplejosh
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 213: Mothim

    Posted: 22 May 2021 11:32 AM PDT

    I am coming up with at least 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or an evolutionary line of Pokémon. I am going in Pokédex order, and I will skip every Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. Signature Z-moves or G-Max moves don't count. Also, I don't make moves for Pokémon to make them better in battle. While it may make them more usable, that is not my intent most of the time, I just make moves to give the Pokémon something they need, deserve or are said they can do, but aren't able to do with their current movesets.

    The move for Mothim is called Scale Scatter, a Bug-Type Status move with 80% accuracy and 10 PP. It drops the target's Accuracy by 1 stage and has a 20% chance to raise the user's Speed stat by 1 stage.

    The move is performed by the user shedding some scales from its wings to create a small dust cloud, which covers the target and makes them unable to see as well. The shedding of the scales can sometimes make the wings a tiny bit smoother, making it easier to fly a little faster. Or at least that's my logic when discussing Pokémon, I'm sure it won't work like that in real life. Especially not to this extend.

    I also made a scale scattering move for Dustox, called Poison Dust, which is performed in a very similar way but with very different effects. Gigantamax Butterfree is also stated to have poisonous scales that make up its wings. So yeah, I like to think that butterfly- and moth-Pokémon have scaled wings, and are able to shed those scales for attacks. Maybe it's farfetched and I'm overusing it, considering there aren't that many butterfly- and moth-Pokémon that I still have to cover. Right now I can only think of Volcarona and Vivillon, and both of them have signature moves already so I can't even cover them anyways. I think Beautifly and Masquerain the only two of which I can think of who I have not given a move related to their scales. Well, I also didn't give one to Butterfree but it still has its scales mentioned in some of its Pokédex entries.

    I think that Scale Scatter won't make Mothim any better in competitive, but it might make it slightly more useful. I do think it has other moves that are better, Quiver Dance as the biggest example, but it has a pretty limited moveset after that. Not a bad one per se, but not very varied either. This move won't improve that, but it gives Mothim a little more use in competitive, which is what I'd hope to see if this move would become real, since I love Mothim.

    Originally I was going to have the effects swapped, with there only being a 20% chance to lower the target's Accuracy with a 100% chance to boost the user's Speed stat by 2 stages as a tradeoff. But that didn't make nearly as much sense, and this way it's a little more useful for mainly double and triple battles for example, I think.

    I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas, and if you have any ideas for signature moves for Pokémon, I'd love to hear them, I might use the ideas (with your consent of course)! Even though this is a daily thing, or at least, I'll try to keep it daily, I don't think I'll be consistent with the time of day I post another idea.

    submitted by /u/Noodnood966
    [link] [comments]

    Should Pokémon try adding something similar to Botw with a world leveling system?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    So I recently finished playing breath of the wild (I know I'm late haha), and I wa a just thinking about how much I liked the world level system. I've been playing Pokémon games for like 12 years since I was like 5 and I just feel like it would be so cool to have something like that. With this we would possibly be able to go any route we want when beating the gyms and it would just bring so much diversity to the game. One problem that would come up is grinding lower level Pokémon when your world level is too high. But what I liked abot botw was that not every single monster would rise in levels, for example yes sometimes some groups on monsters will all rise in level but there are also some where, let's say there is 4 goblins, 2 of them stay red(lvl 1), 1 will got to like black (lvl 3 ) and the last one will be white or gold (lvl 4/5). I feel like if Pokémon can do something similar you would still be able to find low level areas to grind certain level ranges of Pokémon and it will also make the game more intresting. This is just my opinion and I'm excited to see what you guys think about why this could work and why you think it wouldn't work😄

    submitted by /u/Rkballer24
    [link] [comments]

    Didn't even know this was possible

    Posted: 22 May 2021 08:44 AM PDT

    So I am right now enjoying some Pokemon Pearl and I leveled my Zubat up to 22. It evolved, and I was like oh nice. I leveled it up to 23, and IT EVOLVED AGAIN INTO A CROBAT. I didn't even know this was possible. Is there something specific that determines when a pokemon evolves when it does? Is my occasion rare?

    Would love to know if you know.

    submitted by /u/LoafyXD
    [link] [comments]

    Snorlax and Ed Sheeran... what more can I say

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:58 AM PDT

    Random Starter Poll #6. Which one are you choosing?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    Hey guys. Coming at you with another poll. All of these starters I personally like based on design. Out of all of these, I'd go with Grookey. Grookey is adorable and Rillaboom is good for playthroughs and competitive. I don't like Galar but I do like Grookey. Let me know which one you picked and why down in the comments. I look forward to hearing from you.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Poll_God
    [link] [comments]

    Can you still get Pokémon bank?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! So, I recently borrowed a DS from my brother to download Pokémon bank and gather more Pokémon to transfer to HOME. However, to my dismay, the Eshop has shut down for the DS. After searching endlessly, I found a link on the Nintendo website itself to download the game to my account, thinking I could just log in on the DS and download it that way. However, once I signed in, it gives a message that states "You cannot purchase this content, because the country associated with your Nintendo Account, or the country associated with your Nintendo Network ID in the case of Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems, is not supported on this website." Is there any other way to download Pokémon Bank, or am I just screwed in this venture? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/FractiousPanda
    [link] [comments]

    Which one?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 03:02 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, Crunchy here! So, I'm playing through LG for the first time, but it isn't my first time in Kanto. However, I'm stuck between the choice of Bulbasaur or Squirtle and I need your help. Vote, and choose who I pick for my first time in Leaf Green! (go with your gut, not who's generally better.)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/crunchyglalie
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite music in the Anime

    Posted: 22 May 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm interested in knowing what everyone's favourite music is in the Anime. Not just theme songs but background songs too and can be english/japanese or any other language.

    Mine so far are (in no particular order):

    1. Unbeatable
    2. Original English theme tune
    3. Original Japanese theme tune
    4. Johto Victory Battle Theme/1999-2001-M38
    5. Spurt!
    6. Such Sweet Sorrow
    7. Type: Wild
    8. OK!
    submitted by /u/ssharma123
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think a 3rd version of SwSh is coming and if so, what would you like to see in it?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:55 PM PDT

    For the first 4 generations of Pokémon, a 3rd version was a guarantee. Gen 5 brought sequels into play, gen 6 got nothing and gen 7 got...a sort of hybrid 3rd version/sequel? What would you like to see from gen 8? Do you want a 3rd version a la Platinum/Emerald/Crystal full of game enhancements, an expanded Pokédex and a whole new storyline? Or are you hoping that they jump right into gen 9 instead? Personally, I'm hoping for an enhanced 3rd version at some point that expands on the story and adds more post game content. I know a 3rd version is probably unlikely due to us getting DLC for the base games already. It'd probably be a tough sell for them to have us pay $60 for the main games, $30 more for DLC and then another $60 for a 3rd version. Still, I'll hold out hope since I believe SwSh deserves another shot and I think a 3rd version could really deliver an experience that would turn around many fan's views on gen 8.

    submitted by /u/deadboltwolf
    [link] [comments]

    Which of these Mega Evolution Concepts would be best in Competitive Doubles?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    Mega Scolipede Base Stats: 60 150 100 35 100 140

    Mega Lanturn Base Stats: 125 48 97 126 97 40

    Mega Magcargo Base Stats: 60 50 160 130 100 30

    Mega Magcargo New Ability (Evaporate): this Pokémon is immune to water type moves

    If you like content like this come join r/MegaEvolution to see more. I credit the Mega Magcargo to u/Fmlalotitsucks. This is the first poll I've done in a long time. We got 3 Pokémon who do different things and none of them would be a waste of a mega slot. Lemme know which one you picked and why in the comment section.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/EveningChocolate1028
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment