• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 6, 2021

    Pokémon Pokémon Extortion

    Pokémon Pokémon Extortion


    Pokémon Extortion

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    Okay, so what in the heck are we supposed to do about the Pokémon that are trapped in Pokemon Home? Are we forced to just pay for the service every year/month to prevent them from being deleted or what?

    Is my Bayleaf legitimately stuck in Home indefinitely? Do I have to pay $20 a year to keep her from being deleted? Wtf Game Freak?! They haven't even ANNOUNCED an upcoming Pokemon game having a full national dex.

    Also does the national dex cut mean if they decide to dexcut, for instance, Corviknight in Gen 9 that your bird is stuck on ONLY gen 8 games for the forseeable future?! That basically makes any new Pokémon games potentially worthless if they don't provide massive improvements over previous games. Dexcuts aside, Why would anyone play a newer Pokemon game that has less features AND less Pokémon?

    I'm only complaining about this just now because my wife begged me to buy her "Pokémon" Shield after I got her a Switch for Animal Crossing New Horizons. She's European and I'm American, so the games are MUCH cheaper for me. Even if she used her nintendo tickets to buy it, it was still cheaper for me to buy it full price in USD.

    She's played "Pokémon" Shield for a few hours and hasn't touched it since. For comparison, she played straight through Pokémon Let's Go Eevee and had a blast catching and petting Pokémon.

    Recently started playing both games on my own account and decided to bring over some pokémon I liked from my ORAS games to use in "Pokémon" Shield. While I did find some enjoyment in having Pokémon GO style raid battles in a main line game, the rest of the game is admittedly a lot less fun than the Let's GO game for some reason and even I'm now playing the LG Eevee game more than "Pokémon" Shield despite having already played the Gen I games several times and Fire Red on GBA in the past. The only thing that brings me back to Shield every now and again is the desire to get the game completion ribbons on my Pokémon, but after that, I'm not really sure why I would keep playing. The DLCs look kind of okay, but I'm not sure if they're worth an additonal $30 on top of the $20 premium I paid for Shield.

    Idk. I've found myself just playing the Pokémon games I have on 3ds now and enjoying them more. I'll eventually beat the rest of the gyms on Shield when I get around to it, but chances are that if I turn on my Switch for Pokemon, I'm gonna play LG Eevee. The graphics seem cleaner and the pop-in of Pokemon is a lot less jarring.

    Also, Game Freak, there is literally NO excuse for not including EVERY SINGLE pokémon in each new addition to the mainline series. Technology is only getting more and more powerful every year so, not being able to include something you already included on a weaker system is absolute nonesense. Pokémon has 100% NEVER been about graphics, and the new Diamond and Pearl games only prove that point. Not every Pokémon game NEEDS new Pokémon anyway. If that were true, the remake games never would have been so successful. Spend that time on writing good stories and including quality of life improvements instead.

    End rant.

    submitted by /u/Godspeedhero
    [link] [comments]

    Fun fact for pokemon black and white

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    If all your PC boxes and your party are full when you try to catch reshiram/zekrom, the game progresses normally and the dragon appears at the top of dragon spiral tower so you can catch it later. (I learned this when on Bulbapedia looking at the encounters for the tower when planning to shiny hunt golett)

    submitted by /u/DidlyMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Which Pokémon region would you like to live in?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    There are several regions in the world of Pokémon that each hold different treasures, and there are many more to be discovered and explored. If you were to choose one region to live in, which one would it be and why?

    I for one would love to live in the Unova region. Walking around Castelia City eating Casteliacones, having an incredible summer vacation in Undella Town/Humilau City, and hiking Twist Mountain would be extremely exciting for me. Furthermore, having the Pokémon World Tournament in Driftveil City can give insight on other regions, what they have to offer, and a sneak peek of the strongest trainers that reside there.

    Now it is your turn! Which region would you call home?

    submitted by /u/H4GO_Reads
    [link] [comments]

    Idea: A Way to put more legendaries ans mythicals in Legends of Arceus

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 10:40 AM PDT

    I've seen many people give their thoughts about what is going to happen in LoA. By far, one of the most interesting theories was you have to collect the arceus plates. I had the idea that each one is guarded by a legendary of their respective type. For example, grass is guarded by shaymin, dark is guarded by darkrai, etc. Also, for steel, water, ghost, and psychic they could do something where you need to fight giratina, dialga, palkia, and the lake guardians. The other plates that have a type that a legendary doesn't have could either be guarded by something like a pseudo legend or something else that has high stats.

    submitted by /u/iHope-
    [link] [comments]

    [Day 5] What is your favourite Normal type and why ?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    Hello its me again this time with another type and what better than the normal type ?

    My favourite normal type has to be Bidoof just because that castor is the best Pokémon there is am I right ? Whenever Bidoof uses thirst for vengeance makes me wanna hug that squishy thing. And of course it must be a shiny one.

    Now memes aside Snorlax brings back so many memories and makes Pokémon franchise such a memorable childhood cartoon so I'd say Snorlax is my top 2 just because of how memorable he was.

    What's your favourite Bidoof and why ?

    I will be reading your comments thru the day

    Have a nice day and stay safe !

    submitted by /u/Shutius
    [link] [comments]

    In pokemon lore, is there only one of every legendary pokemon or are the just very rare?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    For the longest time I assumed the legendary pokemon were unique creature, I assumed in the pokemon world only one of every legendary exists.

    However the existence of Galarian forms of these legendaries implies they aren't unique, just very very very rare as now we know at least 2 of each exist (albeit in different forms).

    I know I'm very much overthinking pokemon lore but, what do you make of this.

    Edit: just recalled and episode of the anime where ash meets a lugia and she has a baby lugia so I guess this has always been a thing

    submitted by /u/zman419
    [link] [comments]

    Which one of Ash’s Pokémon should have evolved?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 12:33 AM PDT

    There are a lot of them, however my to pick has to be Corphish. As random as that is, Corphish is a tough motherfucker who doesn't know when to quit, but would lack composure which would lead it to fainting. I feel like Corphish needed to evolve into Crawdaunt to bring closure to that small story.

    submitted by /u/AJ-Naka-Zayn-Owens
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 228: Croagunk and Toxicroak

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 02:55 AM PDT

    I am coming up with at least 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or an evolutionary line of Pokémon. I am going in Pokédex order, and I will skip every Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. Signature Z-moves or G-Max moves don't count. Also, I don't make moves for Pokémon to make them better in battle. While it may make them more usable, that is not my intent most of the time, I just make moves to give the Pokémon something they need, deserve or are said they can do, but aren't able to do with their current movesets.

    The move for Croagunk and Toxicroak is called Venom Strike, a Poison-Type Physical move with 80 base power, 100% accuracy and 15 PP. It has a high critical hit rate and a 30% chance to poison the target.

    The move is performed by the user punching the target with its venomous fist. This can cause the target to get poisoned. Because of Toxicroak's needle or stinger or whatever it has on its hands, the move can also result in a critical hit quite often. I don't really have such an explanation for Croagunk, but it'll do. And that's pretty much all the explanation I have, it's a really simple move.

    Yeah I know this move isn't all that interesting or original... again... I just found it a little difficult to come up with a good and interesting idea for these Pokémon. They're not boring or uninspired/uninspiring Pokémon, but I just had a hard time thinking of an idea that could work for them while also being a bit more interesting than a move that could work for almost any Poison-Type Pokémon. But the upcoming moves are a bit more interesting and less basic, I think so, at least.

    I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas, and if you have any ideas for signature moves for Pokémon, I'd love to hear them, I might use the ideas (with your consent of course)! Even though this is a daily thing, or at least, I'll try to keep it daily, I don't think I'll be consistent with the time of day I post another idea.

    submitted by /u/Noodnood966
    [link] [comments]

    Legends arceus evolution

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    Just a passing thought, but if the battles in this game are seamless within the over world then when a Pokémon levels up and evolves it should all happen within the over world. Realizing this and now I'm excited to see how it will look when the games finally release :)

    submitted by /u/somuchlame
    [link] [comments]

    What monotype run should i do?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    I've been getting pretty into monotype runs lately. I did white 2 mono steel a while back, and just today i finished My platinum mono flying run. I had a lot of fun with both of them and now I've decided i'm going to do a monotype run for every game. I've been trying to think of what to do next.

    I Was looking through all the regional pokedexes and these are what i came up with.

    Also i have a second, older ds so trade evolutions aren't off the table, just fyi.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/TheTrashTrain
    [link] [comments]

    I want to try completing the national dex in BW2.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    Now that all the online services are down it'll probably be very hard, are there any useful tricks I can use?

    Is there a list of all the unobtainable Pokémon like Keldeo and is there a way to still register them?

    Is there a clear list of all the required games and procedures of trading to bw2?

    I feel like it is near impossible to achieve my goal but I want to try to get as far as I possibly can.

    My playtime as of becoming the champion is 31:50 and I'm curious to see how long it'll take.

    submitted by /u/Zunoid
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else use Sweet Scent to save steps in the safari zone.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    Hello my fellow Pokémon Trainers, I am here because I recently went into the Emerald Safari Zone to catch myself a Heracross & used my usual trick of finding the right patch of grass and using Sweet Scent from the Menu to attract a wild Pokémon.

    Has anyone else ever used this method for Safari zone hunting or is it just me? I haven't seen it in any streams or talked about in any capacity.

    submitted by /u/TheeExMachina
    [link] [comments]

    How long does a Pokemon journey take?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    The in-game world time it takes to collect the badges and become the champion is obviously a lot longer than the time it takes to beat the game. I think one of the anime episodes briefly mentioned that their journey was at least "a few months" so we at least know that it's not something a person does over several weeks or years.

    1st theory was to maybe look at the anime duration, the original series lasted 660 days in the Japan and 445 days in the US, which I think we could see as somewhat of an upper limit. While it's pushing two years, we can't forget the 4 month hiatus the series took after the Porygon incident and also the fact that Ash got himself into a lot of time-consuming hijinks, like being presumed dead after SS Anne sinking.

    Anime also leads us to my second hypothesis: If we look at when the series started airing in Japan and US (April 1st and September 8th respectively), we can see that it began at around the time when a new school year starts, so maybe the journey is also supposed to last the same amount of time, around 9-10 months.

    What do you think? Is that too much/little? Is there somewhere else I should've looked?

    submitted by /u/Shenili
    [link] [comments]

    What Pokémon’s final Evolution has the best design?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    The Hoenn and Sinnoh starters are known for having the best starter designs of all regions. These Pokémon are nothing short of spectacular when it comes to design and they are all very fun to use. I'd personally choose Swampert out of all the choices. Let me know which one you chose and why down in the comments. I look forward to hearing from you.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Poll_God
    [link] [comments]

    What starter Trio should I use in a playthrough of USUM?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I've nuzlocked many games and done many playthroughs of different games but now I'd like to play these games with only a starter trio but I'm not sure which one. I'm using Nuzlocke rules so I can only use those 3 Pokémon for the whole entire run without dying. Can you guys help me pick? Let me know which one you picked in the comment section and why. I look forward to hearing from you.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Poll_God
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Transfer

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    Just a quick PSA: I don't recommend transferring Pokémon from GO to Lets Go that you're afraid to lose. The game does NOT support cloud saves (yet it's 60 bucks still? Lol 🥴) and if your switch breaks and you're unable to do a data transfer then you're pretty much fucked. Those Pokémon are gone. It hasn't happened to me but I've heard a lot of horror stories about the switches getting destroyed or bricking themselves or getting stuck in an infinite boot loop. SD cards won't help either since Nintendo has an anti-cheat thing where you have to format the SD card before you can use it on the new switch which deletes all data on the SD card. Also no this is NOT a hate post. I play the game religiously and thought I'd share this snippet or information.

    submitted by /u/junkwhatwver
    [link] [comments]

    Which is a Better Water Pokémon; Vaporeon or Manaphy?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    I am trying to decide which water-type pokémon I should use for my team.

    I currently am choosing between Vaporeon, and Manaphy.

    Looking solely at stats Manaphy beats Vaporeon in everything except for hp and special attack (arguably the most important stats), however Vaporeon has a deeper move pool, and from what I've heard is basically the go-to water type pokémon.

    I am not planning on playing competitive, I plan on playing Manaphy/Vaporeon to beat pokémon Platinum.

    If it matters here's the rest of my squad:

    Luxio,

    Infernape

    Metagross

    Bagon (plans to evolve into salamance)

    I am relatively new to the game, so some advice for you more experienced players would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/TherealEpis
    [link] [comments]

    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Promo?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    Hello, I remember seeing a promo (I think it was a pamphlet) for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl that I'm pretty sure gave the Pokemon Ranger Manaphy event? I've never been able to find any mention of this only nor have I been able to find the physical item, but I remember it had art of Dawn and Lucas on it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and have any links to anything on it?

    submitted by /u/Soafia
    [link] [comments]

    Traditional RPG

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 03:01 AM PDT

    How do you think a game with the actual pokemon being characters with a party like battles system, turn based or maybe action rpg like tales of series?

    Optional characters party members if found. Story that actually revolves around the main pokemon character. Something like that.

    Unless there is a game like that already. How does the mystery dungeon series fit into that? Havent actually played them.

    submitted by /u/Jubei92
    [link] [comments]

    Attempting to complete the ORAS Pókedex

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Hello, I am trying to compete the ORAS Regional Pokedex, I currently have 143 caught and I need the version exclusives, (I have omega ruby so the alpha sapphire exclusives) and a few trade evolutions, I currently am looking to evolve Kadabra, Machoke, and Graveler, I don't have Rhydon or Dusclops right now so I can't get their evolutions right now. I would really appreciate it if someone could help evolve these three, thank you!

    submitted by /u/ObamasLastName456
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think there will be national dex in Legends Arceus?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 10:35 PM PDT

    I personally think there won't be a national dex in the game but I really don't mind. Open world games are very different from the pokemon games we are used to. The pokemon are going to be all over the world rather than in some grass patches and they also are going to (hopefully) have special interactions with the world around them and with yourself. This means that if the game had like 500 pokemon (assuming the national dex only reaches Sinnoh) the world would be too overfilled with different pokemon which would just look weird (like imagine onix hanging out with bidoof and garchomp). So no I don't think we will have a national dex in the game (that's not to say that the game will be limited only to Sinnoh pokemon) and I personally don't mind as long as they do the pokemon they include justice

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/CPhandom
    [link] [comments]

    I was planning to make myself a new Region

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    So far I have the region based on Romania, I got 3 starters docked and ready, and currently 1 new element

    The problem is I cannot draw :( Maybe a little using pencil sketch but I really wanna do digital ones

    If you guys interested in my idea then feel free to discuss it on this thread

    submitted by /u/DatOne8BitCharacter
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think gen 9 be on the switch or the next console?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    I was wondering if gen 9 is going to be on the switch or the next Nintendo console. Because Gamefreak is starting to work on the legends game I was thinking that the switch might not have a second gen and might be on the next console. So vote which option is the most likely to happen.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Seaf652
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment