• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 15, 2021

    Pokémon If Pokémon really existed, Gym Leaders would be WAY tougher than we see in the games.

    Pokémon If Pokémon really existed, Gym Leaders would be WAY tougher than we see in the games.


    If Pokémon really existed, Gym Leaders would be WAY tougher than we see in the games.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 09:11 AM PDT

    If being a Gym Leader is about being the strongest trainer that specializes in one type, Gym Leaders would display strategy that we wouldn't see in the Pokémon games, such as changing the weather, terrain, inflicting status conditions, swapping held items, or creating barriers to protect and bring advantage to their team. The only Gym Leader in the games that could even compare to a real life Gym Leader is Raihan, who changes the weather to make his Dragon-type Pokémon even tougher.

    submitted by /u/tygerlee78
    [link] [comments]

    Your favorite pseudo-legendary

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 02:56 AM PDT

    The question is simple, which is your favourite pseudo-legendary? I could not fit all of the options because the poll has only 6 options and I had to cut a few. So if your favourite option is not below, I am sorry and please blame reddit for only including 6 options (Seriously, I think that the poll option should be 10 and that would make many polls more interesting.)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Alolan_Teddiursa
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon Black or White?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    So the story has to be written in order to post this, I just completed Platinum so I thought I should play fifth gen next, and it is such a hard thing to choose, I like both reshiram and zekrom so I will be happy with any of them, anyway, I think it would be interesting to see which version of these games, Pokémon Black or Pokémon White people will choose nowadays, so which version do you like more? (They are almost 11 years old at this point)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Mushroom-Communist
    [link] [comments]

    I want to drink the fluid inside Buzzwole.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    Oh my goodness. Okay, so, its Pokémon home model shows that the stuff in Buzzwole isn't solid/more fluid than it is a gel, so it's definitely a liquid. Also, we know that it's not blood, since it's glowing orange, and not, y'know, dark red. It also seems to be carbonated. I want to drink it so bad oh my lord

    I imagine that it tastes like Fanta, and I haven't had Fanta in years. Lusamine should hire me to catch them. I'm a bigger threat to that Ultra Beast than a 10 year old with Arceus.

    submitted by /u/emfjiciaj
    [link] [comments]

    I completed my lockdown living dex goal on GBA.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    It may not be a big deal to many of you but I completed my living Pokédex in Gen III today.

    When the pandemic lockdown started I decided to spend some of that extra home time doing what I had never done. I dusted off my GBA SPs and link cable and started filling out my Pokédex.

    It took three playthroughs of Emerald (each with Hoenn dex completion) to get all of the Johto starters. I own all 5 main series games for the GBA but not a GameCube so I could only get 380 of them.

    I started in late March 2020. And just now (17 months later) I got the last missing piece: the Cyndaquil family. I think it took about 360 hours of gameplay.

    Anyway, not that exciting but I just wanted to share this with somebody.

    submitted by /u/Plan_of_Fappiness
    [link] [comments]

    What was the worst climax in the Pokemon Main Series?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    *SPOILERS AHEAD*

    Pokemon is known to have their fancy, extravagant climaxes where pokemon (usually legendaries) are finally dealt with and caught or something big and dangerous happens. Some of these climaxes are quite fun, but some may not be so appealing to others. What do you think? What was the worst climax in Pokemon History that just didnt stand out to you or was boring?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Novel_Pristine
    [link] [comments]

    ✨Which Pokémon’s shiny color would you change?✨

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 06:39 PM PDT

    ✨It is very obvious that there are some absolutely terrible shiny Pokémon, that are just lacking in color change or just look plain out dumb or worse, barely noticeable in difference from the original color variation. I've compiled a list of some of my least favorite shiny Pokémon and ones that I've heard others dislike. I'm curious to see your opinions on this one! Which Pokémon from this list, if you could, and were asked by Nintendo to recolor, would it be?✨

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/gametampa
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favourite fire starter Pokémon?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    There's other polls out there and only one element left... Let's go.

    As with the others, I'm limited to the first six generations (which is sad because I honestly love the Scorbunny line, but hey). Feel free to chuck a note in the comments if you agree with me, or want to expand on your vote, or have a likeness for fire cats instead, or want to chat about the lunar eclipse.

    Let's get cracking!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/TheDeterminator2
    [link] [comments]

    Goodbye M00SE (MOOSE?).

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    I'm finally restarting your leafgreen save after picking it up at GameStop 14 years ago.

    When I checked your party, it was underleveled. When I checked your wallet, it was barren. When I checked your bag, every tm and non-key item was sold. I initially wanted to enact the clean slate protocol, but I beat the game in your poor starter's honor (a level 40 charizard).

    I don't know exactly what happened, but it seems you partied hard and burnt up quickly like the brightest of stars (before bagging up the remaining stardust, pawning it off at 1000 a pop, and losing it all at the Game Corner). I wish you well, and may those left behind rest easy in the Great PC in the Sky!

    Feel free to discuss your own experiences with second-hand cartridges below.

    submitted by /u/clownieo
    [link] [comments]

    What do you do when you catch a legendary/mythical pokemon?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 08:41 AM PDT

    Just notice that i never actually use any of the legendaries that i catch. What do you guys do with them? Do you even catch them? If you catch them, do you box it straight up? Why? Do you ever consider adding them to your team? Maybe you try to get a competitive viable one, and use it only for online matches. I believe i never use them because of how late in the game we get them, at that point my team is already full, so i never even consider adding them. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/BrunoPG63
    [link] [comments]

    Which evolution would YOU like to see most?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    Curious which of these pokemon evolutions you would like to see most? I just picked 6 that came to mind and thought that these would make interesting/fun concepts. Also, think they are all cool mons that would probably find themselves in more teams if they had an extra evolutionary line & that extra boost to make them stand out to trainers of all kinds.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Skyrimhero920
    [link] [comments]

    Despite their being on 72 Gen 6 Pokemon, I feel like that XY handled the new Pokemon pretty well.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    Gen 6 introduced the least amount of new Pokemon, at 72. 69 of those are actually in the Kalos dex. However, I feel like that they were used well despite being only about 15% of the pokedex. Every gym leader uses a Gen 6 Pokemon as their ace, and every E4 member has half of each of their teams composed of Gen 6 Pokemon. All three starters, Talonflame, Vivillon, Pyroar, Florges, Meowstic, Heliolisk, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Dedenne, Dragalge, Avalugg, and Noivern, and probably some more have good designs IMO. However, I do prefer it when there are more new Pokemon introduced, and I do hope that there are at least 100 new mons introduced in Gen 9, but I also feel that when there are less new mons introduced, the new roster of mons feels more tight-knit.

    submitted by /u/AwesomeToadUltimate
    [link] [comments]

    My Rattata is in the top 1%

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 09:31 AM PDT

    Last night, I went out and bought all the equipment I needed to hook my SNES back up and throw in Pokemon Blue into my Super Gameboy. I didn't just want another play through where I curb stomp the opposing Pokemon with team of well selected and trained Pokemon. I wanted to make it a challenge.

    So here I am, with my level 25 Rattata, having just grinded through Brock and now Misty.

    Current moves: Water Gun, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang.

    What challenges should I be aware of? Will Axe-Tooth make it to the end and become a champion?

    submitted by /u/Spooky_Stimbo
    [link] [comments]

    F in the chat for Parasect

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    Such a cool concept, but always remained a poor man's one trick pony.

    Mostly talking about the older gens, not sure how much the quadruple attack buff to Leech Life and abilities helped him but I know it's still a big nope. Especially in Sword and Shield.

    Best stab in Generation 3 is a special move…. Only Bug stab is 20.

    At least he gets guaranteed sleep unlike everyone else, that's cool- but of course, Game Freak later decided to give Spore to a bunch of more powerful mons and then make Grass types immune to it. Even in gen 1, when sleep was overpowered, Parasect was not very good.

    submitted by /u/BoulderTime
    [link] [comments]

    What are your expectations for the next Pokémon Presents?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    What do you guys expect for the next Pokémon Presents?

    To be honest I am extremely excited about Pokémon Legends and very curious to see how it will work.

    But regarding the remakes I'm really kind of disappointed, as all the remakes from past generations had the same look as the main games of their respective generations (I even think OR/AS is much prettier than X/Y and the same goes for HG/SS compared to D/P/P ), it was a dream for me to imagine Sinnoh remakes with the same style as Sword/Shield or even Let's Go.

    I don't have anything against chibi style (I even think Link's Awakening HD is one of Switch's most beautiful games) but the first trailer gave me a feeling of something hastily done without much care or money invested... seriously , I've seen mobile games much more beautiful than that, even Temtem which is a simple indie game much cheaper seemed prettier to me ( you can see a comparison here for example: https://youtu.be/c3SJ-zrce3w )

    I really hope they improve the game's visuals a bit and maybe even bring in some mechanics like the Mega Evolutions like they did in the Hoeen remakes.

    Btw, Ireally want to hear from you guys, what do you expect from the next Pokémon Presents and what do you expect from the next games?

    submitted by /u/MoonieSarito
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon with 3 Types

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    If you could, without thinking of balance, add a third typing to a Pokémon, who would the Pokémon be and what typing? Any single types you'd add a type to? I think some obvious ones would be adding Water to Lugia and Dragon to Charizard. If adding to a single typing, I've always thought it was a missed opportunity to have Ninetails as fire/ghost type. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/perfectrainysunday
    [link] [comments]

    What Legendary Pokémon in your opinion is weak from a gameplay perspective, despite Lore wise being incredible powerful.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Legendary Pokémon are powerful but not all of them are the same when it comes to battles,despite many of them having grand stories and themes they are surprisingly weak gameplay wise. Moltres is a legendary Pokémon yet a speedrunner beat Gen 1 faster using a poliwhirl, because of its poor move sets.

    In your humble opinion which Legendary Pokémon suffers from this symptom the most.

    submitted by /u/Familiar-Library-398
    [link] [comments]

    I want to play through Pokémon Platinum again and I want to use a different team than normal, Please tell me if this team is good and if it needs improvement!

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 08:44 AM PDT

    The Pokémon I want to use on this playthrough is this i really hope this team is good

    Infernape: Fire/fighting Ampharos: Electric Yanmega: bug/flying Metagross: Steel/Psychic Ludicolo: Grass/Water Mamoswine: Ice/Ground ————— I know im quite weak to fire but what do you guys think about this team? Tell me what i should change, what are recommended movesets? I'd like to see what you all think. Please give me your ideas and help, it's appreciated! Also if you guys have any strata for the gym leaders and stuff don't be afraid to share them with me! Thanks for your help!

    It has come to my attention that i can't get Lotad, Mareep and Beldum until post game. This saddens me, any other good Pokémon recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Black_Specter_19
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment