• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 11, 2021

    Pokémon What's one pokemon you don't understand the hype for, and one pokemon you don't understand the hate for?

    Pokémon What's one pokemon you don't understand the hype for, and one pokemon you don't understand the hate for?


    What's one pokemon you don't understand the hype for, and one pokemon you don't understand the hate for?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 02:45 AM PDT

    Personally, I find blaziken ugly and don't understand why it's so popular, especially as it was the beginning of the awful trend of humanoid fire fighting starters. Maybe it's just because I love torchic so much and think it would be so cool if it evolved into a majestic phoenix or something.

    On the flipside, I don't understand all the hatred for tepig. Again, I wouldn't evolve it, but the first form is adorable! Look at its ears!

    submitted by /u/SwinubIsDivinub
    [link] [comments]

    what real-world animals still need Pokemon counterparts?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 06:44 AM PDT

    so on my most recent playthrough of Sword I named my character "Kuzco" (i tend to always name after something i've watched or read recently and I'd just watched Emperors' New Groove) and in the process I couldn't think of a llama Pokemon. Furfrous' probably the closest VISUALLY but still not the best fit.

    What are some other examples?

    submitted by /u/Arkvoodle42
    [link] [comments]

    Female Wobbuffets with lipstick have the same energy as a car with eyelashes on its headlights.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 06:21 PM PDT

    I have no idea why it irritates me so much, but every time I see a Wobbuffet with lipstick on, I wanna slap it off. Are there any other details like this that anyone else just can't get over? I can't say I'm the biggest fan of nuzleaf's nipples, either. 😂

    submitted by /u/mewithoutjew
    [link] [comments]

    Pokémon’s insanely elusive item

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    I wanted to make a post about this because I haven't seen anything explaining how difficult to get it is. But basically, you all know mew under the truck right? Well if you don't, basically it was a false rumor in the original games that under the truck to the east in vermilion harbor, there was a mew. In fire red and leaf green, the mew still isn't there, but instead a lava cookie in its place, as an Easter egg. To get this item, it's simple, right? Head over to the s.s. Anne with surf. However, this is more difficult than it seems. The reason being, you need to get cut to get surf, but you seemingly can't get cut without making the s.s. Anne leave, since the other entrances to fuchsia city (the place where you get surf) are blocked off by either snorlax or a cut tree. There are two methods. First is, trade over a Pokémon with cut/surf. But that's the lame way, because you need to connect with another game. If you want to do it on your own game, what you have to do is enter the ship, leave at least one trainer unbattled, and then talk to the captain and get cut. Once that is done, do not leave the ship. Instead, fight that unbattled trainer and lose to him. This will cause you to go back to the last Pokémon center, without the s.s. Anne leaving, because you didn't technically leave the ship directly. Now, the s.s. Anne will always be in the harbor until you step on the tile in front of it, and you can return to the truck to finally get the lava cookie there. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/heccinbean
    [link] [comments]

    If starters in Pokemon Legends Arceus end up having Hisuian final forms...

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    I really hope that if starterds do end up getting new forms for their final evos, GF will make it so their normal forms are still obtainable via transfer.

    And hopefully, they will also get some new animations and/or model updates like regular Typhlosion getting its flame back on at all times during battles just like Cyndaquil, or maybe even Samurott getting a new attack animation with its using both of its swords instead of just one.

    Either way tho, I do hope I will be able to use their original final evolutions even if there are new forms for the starters.

    submitted by /u/Wlsgarus
    [link] [comments]

    Which one are you going to pick when BDSP comes out?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about this choice probaly more than I should be doing. But I'm really doubting between Turtwig and Chimchar. I like that Torterra doesn't have a posture that is based on a human, but I like Infernape because childhood memories. What do you think? (srry btw if I make silly grammar mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker).

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/wimperdie
    [link] [comments]

    When a new game that is similar to Pokemon comes out, why does everyone think that its going to be the Pokemon killer?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    This happened with Yo-kai watch it did good for the first couple games but then bam the last couple of games kept flopping

    same thing with TemTem some people thought it was going to replace pokemon but now almost no one talks about it

    the only one thats somewhat relevant is Digimon cuz it came out around the same time as pokemon but its NOWHERE NEAR AS BIG

    And theres a new game which will come out its called Doke V, it looks good the graphics are fantastic and people are saying it will kill pokemon, ITS NOT

    the reason Pokemon is so popular isnt because of its gameplay, its because of the monster designs, they are memorable and eye catching, Pokemon has the best creature designs out of all of them thats why it hasnt been replaced yet

    if pokemon came out in 2013 around the same time as yo kai watch, pokemon wouldve won because of the designs

    I personally found out about Pokemon and Yo kai watch at about the same time as a kid, but liked pokemon more for the Pokemon designs

    so no matter how good ur games are ur not gonna beat pokemon unless the creature designs are on the same level or better

    submitted by /u/JebWozma
    [link] [comments]

    You have just been given the lead on the new pokémon game. You make the rules, What does your pokémon game look like?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    Hypothetical: So you can change anything in your pokémon game, for example:

    Reduce or increase the number of Pokémon.

    Make the world map bigger or smaller.

    You can choose the graphics style from any of the previous Pokémon games, or create a new one.

    Put more emphasis on story telling, or on collecting, or multiplayer or fashion shows (there's probably someone out there).

    Introduce new elements to the game or remove them.

    The gloves are off, this is YOUR pokémon game, What would you do and where would you take the franchise.

    submitted by /u/David-Oaken
    [link] [comments]

    Which generation is it hardest for you to choose your starter?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 05:51 PM PDT

    Pretty much every gen, the starters become fan favorites. However, some of them definitely make for easier play throughs in game than others. When there is an obvious power advantage, I tend toward that one, but when all 3 are fairly viable, it's more of a challenge. So which generation does it just drive you nuts trying to choose?

    For me, it's Hoenn. 3rd Gen is my favorite set of games, and it was the first time I felt like all 3 starters were equally viable. Swampert is Swampert, one weakness in a gen with very few powerful grass type pokes or moves makes him pretty indestructible, plus stab EQ as a level up move, Sceptile is the exclusive wielded of the best grass type attack in a gen characterized by endless water types, plus false swipe for catching, and Blaziken gets super effective coverage on everyone and their mother, the first wielded of the mighty Fire/fighting combo. Each one makes an awesome cornerstone to build an in game team around, and (key for my in game play throughs) can dish out a lot of damage.

    submitted by /u/SirLeeford
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think is the most creative requirement for evolving a Pokémon?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    We all know that most Pokémon evolve through leveling up or using an item, but there are some that are more particular. For example, my personal favorite is holding your system upside down to evolve an inkay. That's super interesting and creative in my eyes.

    There's also Karrablast and Shelemt who have to be traded TOGETHER to both evolve. It's a bit tedious but I think it's neat.

    What about you guys? What evolution stands out most to you?

    submitted by /u/KipsyCakes
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a rumor you were convinced were true in the games?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    I remember as a kid being told by one of my friends that in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald if you level Plusle and Minun to level 70 at the same time in a double battle they would combine into a much stronger Pokemon.

    What is a rumor that you were convinced were true but actually turned out to be pure fiction?

    submitted by /u/Birgerbrosa
    [link] [comments]

    Onix needs to an alternate evolution that retains its rock type

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    Whenever you get to rematch a gym leader in the post game, you battle against an ultimate version of their team a la the PWT in BW2. This is team usually has their team fully evolved and is rounded out by their team ace. And frankly, I am sick of Brock sending out his "Ace" and sending out base-stage Oxix, because its evolution loses rock type.

    In the PWT leaders tournament, Bugsy has a Scizor, instead of Scyther, Roxanne has Probopass, Giovanni has Rhyperior, Pryce has Mamoswine etc... meanwhile Brock is stuck with using a pokemon with a 385 BST and a base 45 attacking stat.

    This was a problem in GS/HGSS too!

    This alternate evolution could be a twin headed rock snake with doubles down on Onix's speed (imagine a rock ground type that has the speed to back up it's great STAB combo), or anything. Brock is leader number 1 and he deserves better

    Have you ever been bothered by this?

    submitted by /u/Swanson-silence
    [link] [comments]

    Ash's primeape and the other forgotten pokemon.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    I was thinking about one of ash's pokemon, primeape he was left behind for training to get stronger, primeape must be really strong by now and why doesn't Ash talk or mention primeape or any of his pokemon, who are either being trained or relevant he apparently promised he'd come back for, I like Ash but he is really irresponsible.

    submitted by /u/DannyBeech1988
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Pokémon Y save file corrupted

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    My Pokémon Y game was working fine for years. I hadn't played it in ages and had just picked it up again. I was shiny hunting pichu when all of a sudden my game crashed "An error has occurred." I lost a whole box of pichu with funny nicknames and I was pretty devastated… I restarted my 3DS XL and started hatching again, this time saving after every hatch, but after only 2 pichu it said "Failed to save the game" or something along those lines. I pressed the home button and it crashed again so i restarted it again and this time when I clicked on Pokémon Y it said that my save file was corrupted! My DS is up to date but it keeps crashing every time I try to boot up Pokémon Y… I'm too scared to try any other game now in case those get corrupted too… I'm not sure why this is happening but do you think it may be because i got wonder traded a hacked Pokémon? I don't think those can corrupt the game files of people who receive them via trade.. the only thing I was doing differently whilst playing was nicknaming every pichu I hatched but idk how that could of been a problem :(

    submitted by /u/TooBrightStreetlight
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the episode “Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon” missing from my massive Pokémon Indigo League boxset? Did they forget to add it in?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    The newest boxset has it, but the one I have from the early 2000s doesn't. It is technically 3 giant boxset. I guess. It takes up so make shelf space and it has a few missing episodes. Just the fact it is missing this specific episode is bizzare. I was confused about when Charmeleon evolved Charizard as a kid and it's just weird.

    submitted by /u/VilligerRidley
    [link] [comments]

    what about pokemons staying in HOME?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 06:15 AM PDT

    So I was thinking after that nintendo france twitter post(now deleted) saying that BDSP games will only include pokemons until gen4 so around 500 pokemons. I transferred ALL of my pokemons from my 3ds games to home and can't access a lot of them because it is not available in the current main game Sword and Shield. If this is true so how long are we going to wait to access our pokemons? Are we going to wait for a newer generation to access our waaay older generation pokemon? This is bothering me soooooo so much I can't even start explaining myself.

    submitted by /u/Bogashot
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck Zodiac Signs, What's Your Favorite Type?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Wish I didn't have to group up type options like this, but we live in a society. At least 18 is divisible by 3.

    Get specific about what type and pokemon you like most in the comments if you want. Growing up my favorite type was Psychic, it seemed so mystical and powerful, which it pretty much was at the time, still powerful today. But I came to prioritize pokemon designs over power so Psychic fell out of my favor, since their designs are very hit and miss, with the hits mostly being the oversaturation of legendaries and mythicals. I still love the Psychic type but nowadays I'm more partial to Dark, Poison, and Ghost. I guess that makes me a certified Team Rocket Grunt lol.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Arcaneus_Umbra
    [link] [comments]

    [RAGE THREAD] 11 September 2021

    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    IT'S TIME TO RAGE!!!!!!!!


    RULES:

    • PRESS THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD

    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU ANGRY

    • OTHER PEOPLE WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS

    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER ABOUT THINGS WE HATE WILL FORM A STRONG BOND AMONG MEMBERS OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY

    • ???

    • PROFIT

    YOU CAN RAGE AT ANYTHING POKEMON RELATED!!!

    LET'S RAGE!!!


    THIS THREAD IS PART OF /R/POKEMON'S REGULAR STICKY ROTATION. TO SEE OUR ROTATION SCHEDULE AND ALL PAST STICKY ROTATION THREADS, GO HERE!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment