• Breaking News

    Monday, September 7, 2020

    Pokémon [Weekly Questions Thread] 07 September 2020

    Pokémon [Weekly Questions Thread] 07 September 2020


    [Weekly Questions Thread] 07 September 2020

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    Have any questions about Pokémon that you'd like answered?

    If they're about the anime, the games, the manga, or anything Pokémon related, feel free to ask here -- no matter how silly your questions might seem!

    /r/pokemon also has a Discord channel! Feel free to swing by there to ask a question, or just to talk! :D


    A few useful sources for reliable Pokémon-related information:

    Serebii

    Bulbapedia

    Smogon

    Also remember to check the /r/pokemon FAQ and our related subreddits list.


    If you want to answer questions posed by other members of the community, remember to sort the comments by new! If you use RES, please also consider subscribing to this thread so you know when new questions are asked!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    :> (ignore my awful handwriting)

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Mother and son ❤

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    Did Karen in Her Original Costume

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Wanted to share some Pokémon Phone Wallpaper designs of my art!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Mega Pidgeot by me

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    Pokemon needs a NewGame+ and NewGame++ option.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    After playing through Ultra Sun and dealing with Hau (the character is fine. Though he should have told you about malasadas filled with Haupia. If you don't know what that is, take a trip to Hawaii, go to Oahu, go to Honolulu, go to Leonard's Bakery, and be amazed) I am just not feeling having to deal with him again. I walk 3 steps, he stops me to tell me stuff I know, since I've been playing since '96. Then after he's done, I think okay cool, now to get going. I take 3 steps, and then he starts talking again. Why didn't you do it all at once instead of Rick rolling me, letting he think I was going to get control back, then making me do another half hour text fest. This happens a bunch of times throughout Ultra Sun. Characters unloading text on us without the option to skip the dialogue. It seems Pokemon has consecutively done more and more "hand holding" to the point where the optional "teach you how to catch a Pokemon" isn't optional anymore.

    Playing through Dragon Quest, and other games, they allow the player, nay, they expect the player to interact with NPCs. They allow the player to play at their own pace. If you need help, you go talk to everyone in the town, gather info, find books that divulge exposition on the world, and if you already know what you're doing, you just keep going. Where Pokemon thinks it's helping you by telling you "this is a Pokemon center, this is a gym, this is a pokeball etc." it makes the prospect of replay even worse. Starting a new game in USUM takes forever! Unskippable cutscenes that tell you the most basic information that hasn't changed since Red and Blue for almost a half an hour of not even being able to control your character while the game plays itself is mind numbing.

    Enter NewGame+ and NewGame++.

    NewGame+ This option allows you to start a new adventure after you beat the Elite 4. The difference? (Edit: this should be available from the start as a "Returning Trainer" option. You shouldn't be required to play through to a certain point in the first place) No hand holding. You wake up. The professor calls. You name your character, go to his Lab, choose a starter, you get your Dex, and then you're off. All those "helpful interactions" are now optional. The "hint character" appears at the same place, but you must approach and talk to them for them to give their spiel. Storywise nothing changes.

    NewGame++ Same as NewGame+ but you keep your Pokemon, items (besides key items or story specific items) and money. Sure there is Pokemon Home for the Pokemon, but sometimes I just want to replay my same cartridge without having to go through the hassle. Also, the trainers throughout the game have Pokemon within 5 levels of your highest Pokemon and at least one Pokemon has a level the same as your teams highest. Also more Pokemon on their teams. No more of "this guy has 6 Pokemon, I can't wait to battle... And they're all Magikarp." Naw man. Everyone gets a team on par with Ace Trainers. 4 at the least. Later in the game you're getting 6 member teams from trainers. All Gym Leaders have 6 Pokemon and their teams are within 2 levels of your highest team member, with their account the same level as your highest Pokemon. Everyone is EV trained, they use TM/Egg/Tutor moves also.

    TL;DR: NewGame+ (the I got this, I know what I'm doing option) gets rid of the hand holding and NewGame++ (the I got this, I know what I'm doing, and don't touch my stuff option) leaves your Pokemon, items, and money also while upping the in game trainers teams to being close to your strongest team member's level

    submitted by /u/AIMWSTRN
    [link] [comments]

    I drew my Pokemon Yellow team

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    ��

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    Part one of a two part commission. They wanted me to make Gmax forms for both Kyogre and Groudon in the same vein as the Gmax Ray I posted last week. So here’s Gmax Kyogre!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Wonder Guard go brrrrr

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    The request was 'A Pokémon for Pride'

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    His perseverance must be rewarded!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Primal Groudon (OC Fanart)

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    My new Pokemon artwork "Bulbasaur garden"

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    Pretty obvious but, fusion of Gardevoir and Cofagrigous

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    Aipom evolution animation I drew

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    New berry shop and a surprise

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    Yeah, I went to the beach for Labor Day

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Bug Bois color swapped!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    Credit @memes.sceptile instagram

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    Pokémon tattoo over time

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Too much water

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    My attempt at drawing Poke'mon using different moves featuring 2 Sinnoh starters.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    I am aware of how stupid this is

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    My brother went to Japan and got me these awesome Mew chopsticks!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment