• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 25 October 2020

    Pokémon [Hype Thread] 25 October 2020


    [Hype Thread] 25 October 2020

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the HYPE THREAD, a place to share your excitement about in-game achievements, brag about success, and get hyped for upcoming events. CAPS LOCK IS OPTIONAL IF IT HELPS YOU GET YOUR HYPE ON!

    This is a chance to post about your successes. Our rules against self-promotion and most low-quality content, including shiny Pokemon pics, are relaxed in these threads--please talk all you like about your luck and accomplishments!

    This thread is meant to be pretty positive, so please think twice before downvoting someone! Rude and negative comments will be removed -- please report them if you see them :D


    This thread is also the place to earn /r/pokemon's prestige flair for completing various aspects of the games. To claim your flair, post a screenshot of your accomplishment in the comments below, accompanied by some indication (username on a piece of paper in the photo, for example) that it's yours. Please note that flairs are assigned once weekly, so it may take up to seven days for your flair to appear. Only one prestige flair can be assigned at once, and prestige flairs will overwrite other event flair awarded on this subreddit—pick carefully! Flair is currently available for:

    Galar Prestige Flairs

    • Catching Charm: Post a screenshot of your completed Galar Regional Dex.
    • Curry Mark: Post a screenshot of your completed Curry Dex.
    • Master Ball: Post a screenshot of your Master Ball Tier in Battle Tower.
    • Berry Sweet: Post a screenshot of your completed Alcremie form collection. (Minus Ribbon and Star sweets!)
    • Gigantamax Symbol: Post an album of your collection of all currently available G-Max mon. Be sure to show the summary screens indicating that they are G-Maxable!

    Alola Prestige Flairs

    • Rotom Dex: Post a screenshot of your completed Alola Regional Dex.
    • Tapu Bulu: Post a screenshot of your Level 100+ Festival Plaza.
    • Tapu Fini: Post a screenshot of your 50+ streak in the Battle Tree.
    • Tapu Lele: Post a screenshot of all five of your Poké Pelago islands at max level (level 3).

    General Prestige Flairs

    • Oval Charm: Post an album of your completed Living Dex in generation 6 or 7. (Mythicals aren't necessary!)
    • (Shiny Charm: Post 45+ self-caught or self-bred shinies to /r/ShinyPokemon.)

    LET'S GET HYPED!!!!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    Appreciation Post.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Can we just take the time to appreciate how much Serebii has done over the years? Whenever I have a pokemon related question I use google, and the first thing to pop up is Serebii.

    Can we just take the time to appreciate how much Serebii has done over the years? Whenever I have a Pokémon related question I use google, and the first thing to pop up is Serebii.y would've never figured out unless we watched a video.

    It's not just the CT either, from every pokemon related game there is information in Serebii that is quick and easy to access, I am just amazed.

    TL;DR: Thanks a bunch Serebii.

    EDIT: Let's not forget Bulbapedia and Pokémon Database these are also some really awesome sites that help a lot of people EDIT 2: Again, another extremely informative site is Smogon University!(For you competitive battlers.)

    submitted by /u/Magnusthelast
    [link] [comments]

    Am I missing something, or does Crown Tundra let you get level 65+ Pokémon before the first gym?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Back when Isle of Armor launched, I created a second Switch profile and started a new game to get another Kubfu for my living dex. Since I went straight to the IoA as soon as I could, I hadn't defeated any gym leaders. Since IoA Pokés scale with your gym badges, my team was only in the 20s when I got Kubfu. I transferred it to my main account, and that was that.

    Cut to yesterday. I completed Crown Tundra on my main account, and decided to boot up my other account to get the other Regi and the other horse. I walked my trainer to the train station (I don't have the bike or Corviknight taxi yet), got of the train and started to fight Peony at the station. I quickly realized that Crown Tundra does not scale with your gym badges, as Peony's Lv70 Copperajah quickly kicked my teams ~Lv24 asses. I figured I'd have to go do some serious grinding, but the game actually lets you continue the story with the loss!

    From there I walked to the Dynamax Adventure area, where I was given a (much stronger) rental Pokémon. I counldn't beat Suicune, but I was able to catch a Rotom. A Lv65 Rotom. That listens to me. I did this a couple more times and now have a Lv65 Hitmonchan and Grimmsnarl. With no gym badges.

    So, to cut out all the fluff:

    1. Start a new game

    2. Play normally until the first train station

    3. Enter Crown Tundra

    4. Lose horribly to Peony

    5. Catch practically anything Dynamax Adventure (100% catch rate)

    6. Lay claim to the Champion's throne

    Is it really this easy? Are these speedrunner strats?

    submitted by /u/FoxJ100
    [link] [comments]

    It would make more sense for Mega Evolution to return than Dynamax in the inevitable Sinnoh remakes.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    First of all, it's obvious that we're getting Sinnoh remakes soon due to all the hints being thrown to us. (The lack of Sinnoh Pokémon in the final SwSh Pokédex such as the starters, mythicals, fossils, etc..., The design of the Regi temple and its statues being the same as the ones in Platinum, The "shaking transition" that happens right before you battle a Regi which was used for legendaries in Gen 4, etc...)

    The one thing that has been bugging my mind is which "gimmick" they plan on using for the inevitable remakes. It's either Mega Evolution or Dynamax. Knowing Game Freak, they will probably somehow shoehorn Dynamax into the Sinnoh Remakes. Mega Evolution, however just makes more sense to return for this region for this one reason.

    The Sinnoh Region is focused on the concept of Evolution. They are able to expand this further by adding Mega Evolutions into the mix. Not to mention, Professor Sycamore, the professor in Pokémon X and Y who studies Mega Evolution, used to study under Professor Rowan when he was younger according to an NPC in Lumiose City.

    The last two remakes, ORAS and LGPE, were more focused on Mega Evolution as well. So if Mega Evolution were to return, it would probably be on the remakes first. Cynthia was also given a Mega Garchomp in Sun and Moon and Pokémon Masters.

    I just can't see Dynamax fitting in Sinnoh because the whole region and culture of Galar was built around it with the gyms and raids. They would have to revamp the Sinnoh Gyms and Elite Four into big stadiums like Galar just to make Dynamax work but that might cause backlash for being too different from the originals. The best case scenario would be having Mega Evolution be the main focus and save Dynamax for postgame.

    submitted by /u/ShulkSmash
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding Galarian Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    Within the Pokédex entries for the legendary birds, there is evidence to suggest that these three are in fact the original forms of the Pokémon in the same vein as Galarian Zigzagoon.

    Galarian Articuno (Shield):

    "Known as Articuno, this Pokémon fires beams that can immobilize opponents as if they had been frozen solid."

    Galarian Zapdos (Sword):

    "When its feathers rub together,they produce a crackling sound like the zapping of electricity. That's why this Pokemon is called Zapdos."

    Galarian Moltres (Shield):

    "The sinister aura that blazes like molten fire around this Pokémon is what inspired the name Moltres."

    These entries, especially in the case if Moltres, imply to varying degrees that the Galarian forms are the progenitors of their Kantonian counterparts.

    More specifically, that the Kantonian forms are a regional adaptation of the Shiny Galarian forms, seeing as how they have the same primary colour schemes as the Kantonian forms we've come to know and love.

    But, hey; that's just a theory.

    submitted by /u/CorsairVI
    [link] [comments]

    Slowpoke should have had a divergent Galar-form/evolution called Slowbloke. Ultimate missed opportunity.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    I imagine it like a fusion between a Slowpoke/Slowbro and the Gentleman class of trainer—it's not exactly dopey anymore, but it's still slow because it's just kind of a cute old man Pokémon. Lol maybe there's a held item called "Walking Cane" that increases Slowbloke's speed by a stage or something.

    And then maybe it evolves again when traded holding an amulet coin or something, into Slowbling—a similar Pokémon, except it has a cravat and a petticoat and maybe a real golden crown (instead of Slowking's Shellder one) and jewelry and finery, and looks more like a Victorian-era Duke or Duchess than just a guy.

    submitted by /u/AndyGHK
    [link] [comments]

    A custom Blastoise model that I made [OC]

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    This is a custom plamo model I made for Zaku Aurelius's Mechatro online contest. I call it the KT-009, the favored mech of the infamous Squirtle Squad of aces.

    submitted by /u/vagabond2787
    [link] [comments]

    Confused on what Legendary could be at the end of a Dynamax Adventure? I made a chart to help out!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    We should get regional fossils

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    I'm not talking about regional variants of pokemon such as; Kabutops, Omastar, Aerodactyl etc

    I'm talking about Fossils of other pokemon that are no longer native to the region.

    For example:

    The Treeko line is not in Galar but maybe thousands of years ago they were before they migrated elsewhere/died off.

    Reanimating one of their fossils creates its "ancient form"

    We already have regional forms which I personally like as a way of reinvigorating dated pokemon but fossil pokemon have been pretty weak conceptually for a couple of generations now and I would like to see that idea explored further

    What do you think? Would you like to see some ancient forms of current pokemon?

    submitted by /u/Minigiant2709
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for the original owner.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    I received a shiny Rotom with the name Dexter a while ago through Sword and Shield's Surprise trade system. It's original trainer's name is Wynn, it is originally from the Alola region. It's only level one but it knows Hex, Electro Ball, Ominous Wind and Shock Wave. I really want to find the original owner of Dexter just in case they want it back. Can Reddit please help me in this search? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Kenns02
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only person who prefers palkia over dialga?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    I want to say I dont actually dislike dialga (dialga is in my top five legendaries) but it just seems like everywhere I go that's pokemon related, palkia is always not as popular as dialga AND giratina. Palkia is my second favourite legendary with giratina as my favourite. Does anyone else prefer palkia over dialga or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Snowmin
    [link] [comments]

    Peonia doesn't appreciate her dad

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    So, I sped through the Crown Tundra and beat it in a day. Throughout the whole thing, I noticed Peonia is just a bad daughter. Her dad buys a house in what I assume to be the equivalent of Scotland, which, according to Google, is about 159000 pounds, or $207423.29. So, let's assume 10 PokeDollars is equal to one pound. This means the house Peony buys is 1.5 million PokeDollars. And she doesn't spend any time there besides a cutscene at the end.

    But wait, there's more! Peony researches the legends of the Crown Tundra so he and his daughter can go on adventures together, and then she just leaves to go beat up some big magic dogs! Then she completely ditches her dad and tells the player to go spend time with Peony because she doesn't want to (which I happily did because I didn't want him to feel bad). When she finally wants to go adventuring with Peony, she gets upset that the player has already completed them all, despite the fact that she told them to. She even rejects the coat that Peony made for her, and tells the player to instead (which, again, I happily did). Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

    EDIT: Several people in the comments have said that Peony rents the house, and doesn't actually own it. My point still stands though

    submitted by /u/Pyukumuku-Official
    [link] [comments]

    Catching Legendaries

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    With the release of Crown Tundra, I've been seeing people complain about having to use 30+ ultra balls to catch the Regis or the birds.

    At first I was like, "...is this your first pokemon game?" and then I realized it probably was their first game, and then I further realized Sword and Shield only had two catchable legendaries - Zacian/Zamazenta both have a very generous catch rate and Eternatus was basically handed to you - so they never really had a chance to experience an actual legendary catching sequence.

    I guess newbies can count themselves lucky they don't have to catch the entire roster of legendaries normally like in ORAS and USUM.

    Anyways, if you're part of the group that's wondering why it's taking so long that the legendary kills itself with struggle, don't worry!

    Just know that every legendary has a BASE catch rate of 3 (1.6%). This is with a regular pokeball and no status condition. The goal is to increase that rate, and you do so by getting its HP down to 1 (with moves like False Swipe or Hold Back), giving it a status condition (i.e. sleep, paralysis, etc.), and using an effective ball (an ultraball, duskball at night or in caves, net ball for water/bug pokemon, etc.)

    Doing all this can increase your chances of success by about 4x! However, that only means the catch rate will be around 5%, so it can still be tough, just not as tough. Using 30+ balls ISN'T uncommon. It's just part of the game!

    More info here from Serebii.

    Catch Rate Calculator

    Hope this helps! Enjoy your adventures in the Crown Tundra.

    submitted by /u/weewouldliketoplay
    [link] [comments]

    Project 720

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Have you every wondered what it would be like if every pokemon had equal base stats just to see how it'd be? Well I did and I'm just going to share my google sheet with you so you can see what it is.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IXf3eTHKFsDVwDk56l71LsrbGNM_TBl9SAlv4gS7GJg/edit?usp=sharing

    Enjoy

    submitted by /u/JackThePokexpert
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] Galarian Star Tournament

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Ok so I just poured HOURS into participating in the Galarian Star Tournament. I was eager to see all the different characters I could pair up with. It didn't take long for me to realize who that would be, it was clear you'd be able to fight/team up with the three rivals, the gym leaders, Leon and the three DLC characters, but that still left out two options on the partner selection screen. In order to unlock them, you have to pair up with and win the tournament with all 15 of the other characters, and that's exactly what I did. I was so excited to see who these mystery characters could be. New characters? Or dare I guess even characters from older games? I was anxious to find out after having spent so much time with this.

    So imagine my disappointment when these characters are none other than MOTHERFUCKING SORDWARD AND SHIELBERT. I'm not sure how others feel about these two but I hate them. I hate everything about them. I hate their stupid "better than you" personalities, I hate their stupid ass haircuts and I hate their existence as a whole. Knowing GF I guess it's my fault for thinking these mystery characters would be anything special. But yeah that's hours of gameplay for absolutely nothing meaningful to me that I'll never get back 🤡

    submitted by /u/juanorangetree
    [link] [comments]

    Thought something seemed familiar when i saw Calyrex

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    Then i remembered from a kid show i saw when i was young.

    https://imgur.com/a/wGuj50r

    submitted by /u/Girtania
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else miss the old 8-bit cries?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    Don't get me wrong. The cries right now are fine. But, for me, that's it - it's just fine. But the old cries in GSC are nice and loud, crisp, and stand out. The cries in SwaSh sound really... weak and unconvincing. I just evolved my Beldum into a Metang, and the evolution music overpowered its cry so much I could barely hear it. While this isn't the case for all of the Pokémon, it holds true for so many of them. I don't know about you, but the Pokémon cry was always such a meaningful part of my experience with the games, as it gave most Pokémon their individuality (I say "most" here because some cries kind of sound the same).

    submitted by /u/Mofumoku
    [link] [comments]

    lanturn or starmie?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    I've recently started a new pkemon emerald save, and am at tate and liza's gym. My team currently is a blaziken, Cacturne and Crobat. Im stuck between the decision to either go get a staryu and level it up, or go get a lanturne because i need a water type mon for this gym. staryu unfortunately gets not level up psychic moves but i can get it before tate and liza's gym. BUT lanturn can get stab access to surf and thunderbolt and also can use ice beam, but i cannot get it before tate and lizas gym.

    WHICH ONE SHOULD I PICK ????

    submitted by /u/TheDynamite_
    [link] [comments]

    Neat Detail I noticed

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Throughout Galar we see a lot of locations following the same naming scheme; Giant's Seat, Giant's Foot, Giant's Mirror, Giant's bed, etc.

    Now in the Crown Tundra DLC in the Regi quest Peony labels the Regi's as Giants. And then there's Regigigas, who you encounter at level 100 in a Dynamax Raid in the Giant's Bed. Regigigas was the Giant all along.

    submitted by /u/Crazicide
    [link] [comments]

    Sword and shield are good games in my opinion.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    I know I'm going to get hated for this but I found sword and shield to be great games. All the Pokémon and characters were decent. Yes, I like Hop and Peony. Crown tundra and the wild area were a step in the right direction. The music is some of the best in the series in my opinion. The customisation is the best we had so far. The camping is great. Raids are amazing. Following Pokémon exist in the dlc but can be improved. I like looking at Pokémon walking around in the wild area. There's a reason while I put over 140 hours into the game and maybe even more in the future. You can tell my your opinion as well.

    submitted by /u/harvey1a
    [link] [comments]

    Gen 2 Tokyo Map

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    Crown Tundra and DPP/XY

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    This feels like a stretch, but I am curious as to some aspects of the regis and regieleki and regidraco specifically.

    1) Why do they regieleki and regidraco have X and Y as their symbols? Is this related to that XY remakes leak?

    2) Why do all the regis have the Sinnoh legendary encounter animation - where the screen wobbles left right and then zooms in?

    It felt quite oddly placed so I'm curious as to what it means.

    submitted by /u/SunkenCrayon
    [link] [comments]

    Storm Drain Maractus is SO annoying in Dynamax adventures

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    It's happened to me twice now, that one of computer generated fellow trainers has chosen a maractus with storm drain. I'm sitting there with my tentacruel, trying to take down this stunfisk with my super effective water moves, and that janky cactus steals it. And he doesn't even attack with the raised stats, just keeps raising his stats more. Ugh.

    submitted by /u/trick_tickler
    [link] [comments]

    Two More Legendary Horses Theory

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Right now, as of the latest update, Glastrier and Spectrier have come out as new Pokemon, seemingly based around two of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Glastrier is based around the White horse of Conquest, while Spectrier is based around the Black horse of Famine, however there are two more horses that could be pokemon as well.

    The first is the Red horse of War which could be a Fighting type because of it being related to war, or Fire type as it would connect the typings more but makes less sense for its basings.

    The other is the Pale Green horse of Beasts, which could be Dark type due to its correlation to death. It being weak to Fighting types wouldn't make sense as it would be at a disadvantage to its counterpart, which is why I suggested the Red horse could be Fire type also.

    Their names could be Blastrier for the Red horse for its correlation to Swords, and Hatrier for the Pale Green horse with its correlation to Death with is associated with hate, and that Hades is sometimes depicted riding it.

    Their typings would be Super Effective on Spectrier and Glastrier, even if Blastrier would become a Fire type. They would fuse with Calyrex, with their typings being Grass/Fighting or Grass/Fire and Grass/Dark, to switch it up from the other two, with a possible new typing combo added to the game. Their fusion names could be War-Rider for their correlation to War, and Beast-Rider for their correlation to Beasts.

    Blastrier's stats would be 100 HP, 126 Attack, 126 Defense, 66 SpA, 66 SpD, and 96 speed, making its base stats 580, the same as the other two. When it's fused with Calyrex, all of its stats would be upped by 20 except HP, like the others. Its ability would be Roaring Neigh, which would up both its Attack and Defense by half a stage when fainting a Pokemon.

    When Blastrier is fused with Calyrex, it would learn its signature move, War Counter. War Counter would defend itself from all attacks for one turn, and the next turn you cannot make a move, but you deal a 60 power attack to a target that would have been chosen when first using War Counter. When an enemy attacks you when you're defending yourself, your attacking move would turn into a 120 power physical attack that changes targets to the Pokemon that attacked you.

    Hatrier's stats would be 100 HP, 66 Attack, 66 Defense, 126 SpA, 126 SpD, and 96 speed, making its base stats also 580. When fused with Calyrex, all of its stats would be upped by 20 except HP too. Its ability would be Grimly Neigh, which would up its SpA and SpD by half a stage when fainting a Pokemon.

    When Hatrier is fused with Calyrex, it would learn its signature move, Rampant Fury. Rampant Fury would do 100 Special Attack to all opponents and also would buff its Defense by half a stage.

    If they were to be in the game they would probably be found in a third DLC, but who knows if that's ever happening. It would be cool for you guys to come up with names for them too and let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/LlamaCritic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment