• Breaking News

    Monday, October 26, 2020

    Pokémon [Weekly Questions Thread] 26 October 2020

    Pokémon [Weekly Questions Thread] 26 October 2020


    [Weekly Questions Thread] 26 October 2020

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    Have any questions about Pokémon that you'd like answered?

    If they're about the anime, the games, the manga, or anything Pokémon related, feel free to ask here -- no matter how silly your questions might seem!

    /r/pokemon also has a Discord channel! Feel free to swing by there to ask a question, or just to talk! :D


    A few useful sources for reliable Pokémon-related information:

    Serebii

    Bulbapedia

    Smogon

    Also remember to check the /r/pokemon FAQ and our related subreddits list.


    If you want to answer questions posed by other members of the community, remember to sort the comments by new! If you use RES, please also consider subscribing to this thread so you know when new questions are asked!

    submitted by /u/PokeUpdateBot
    [link] [comments]

    Fun Fact: In Detective Pikachu (2019), a giant Torterra carries an advanced lab on its back. This is a reference to how Gen IV carries the Pokemon series

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    (Joking, joking)

    Torterra looked wack in that movie tho ngl

    Speaking of, I hope we get -good- Sinnoh remakes eventually

    submitted by /u/RadiReturns
    [link] [comments]

    ADVICE: Need Pokémon factoid for 8 year old daughter

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    My daughter is 8 and is obsessed with Pokémon. She plays on her Switch and studies the character books and talks about it INCESSANTLY.

    The concept of Pokémon gives me actual anxiety; the different layers of characters, types, regions, ways to capture them, evolve them, etc. Like actual anxiety ... it's a lot!

    But, as her mother, I've decided to embrace it and try to learn about it. I talk to her about it at bedtime every night now, and I am here on reddit reading posts I don't even understand!

    What's one fact about Pokémon that will blow her mind!? Like something that she would freak out if she knew I knew ... I want to show her that even though I don't "get it," I'm committed to learning for her sake! 😂

    submitted by /u/Matter_of_Principle
    [link] [comments]

    Crown Tundra just achieved my childhood dream.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    This is an appreciation post for the dynamax adventures in the crown tundra. Ever since I was a kid I've wanted a specific shiny legendary Pokémon. I have a decent amount of shiny legendary Pokémon now through trades/events and stuff. I've been playing for years and I've never succeeded at hunting a shiny legendary. Specifically I NEVER got the shiny Mewtwo I always wanted. I'd try four hours after school every day for a full odds Mewtwo in Fire Red and never got anywhere. Well after all weekend hunting, I am proud to say I am the owner of my first ever Shiny Mewtwo, and my first ever Shiny legendary I didn't get through trades or other means. Thank you very much!!

    submitted by /u/PhantomArcadianAE
    [link] [comments]

    I have made a terrifying discovery.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    So if you look up a picture of infernape you'll see that the only parts of his body that doesn't have hair are his toes and fingers and those toes and fingers are blue. So if you were to shave all his hair off would he just be completly blue? Please someone tell me I'm wrong.

    Picture: https://images.app.goo.gl/yBEq7rBAv5TE4Tt48

    submitted by /u/Hippopotamus_
    [link] [comments]

    Three different consoles, three different games, one same location.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    I completed the Pokédex, Isle of Armor Dex and the Crown Tundra Dex yesterday!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    It isn't quite the National Dex, but I got round to completing all 3 Pokédexes (is that a word?) yesterday! First game where I've tried to complete it and it was actually great fun!

    Playing through the Dynamax Adventures now and I'm absolutely loving it! Got myself a shiny Solgaleo so I'm happy!

    submitted by /u/joeicons
    [link] [comments]

    I want the patterned Magikarp from Magikarp Jump to be in the main games

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    Imagine how much it would spice up fishing! Right now most people probably just sigh at the sight of fighting a karp. But picture how involved fishing would be if Magikarp had a whole bunch of different patterns!

    I would totally spend the hours to collect all the different types of karps.

    Anyone else into that concept?

    submitted by /u/MinccinoBestMon
    [link] [comments]

    What was your favorite Pokémon game of the 2010’s ?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    The 2010's was a pretty good decade for new releases of Pokémon games but, I'd like to know something. Of all the games that were released this decade, what game was your favorite? I'm interested to know and if you'd like to share why that is, you may share why in the comments.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Professional_Clod
    [link] [comments]

    I think Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra are Game Freak testing for the next series of mainline games being open world

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    I believe Game Freak's goal for the Switch was to make Pokémon a 3D, open world game akin to Breath of the wild, but they clearly did not have the experience or knowledge on how to properly build one for the Pokémon series that would do well as a main series entry. They knew they couldn't dive straight into an open world, so when they implemented the Wild Area that was them just seeing if an open world would even be possible for the gameplay of Pokémon.

    Then with the DLCs, they were able to fully focus on having the whole play area being open world. Granted both DLCs have a limited size and amount of features compared to the base game, but I think they've given themselves enough confidence or experience or whatever to base entire main series game around this.

    That's just my theory, why do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Taylorw91
    [link] [comments]

    Tried my hand at creating signature moves for the Legendaries that don't have any.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Articuno: Frigid Gale. Ice, special, 100bp, 10pp, 100acc. The user flaps its wings to create a chilling gust of wind. 20% chance of freezing the opponent.

    Zapdos: Storm Break. Electric, special, 100bp, 10pp, 100acc. The user opens up a hole in a storm cloud to attack multiple opponents. 20% chance of causing paralysis.

    Moltres: Blazing Wings. Fire, special, 100bp, 10pp, 100acc. The user flies at high speed straight past the opponent, scorching them with its wings of fire. 20% chance of causing a burn.

    Mew: Genesis Nova. Psychic, special, 140bp, 5pp, 90acc. The user gathers psychic energy on the first turn, then unleashes it on the second. 40% chance of confusing the opponent.

    Raikou: Lightning Pounce. Electric, special, 90bp, 10pp, 100acc. The user strikes the opponent with its incredible speed, sending electricity crashing down where it ran. This move inflicts physical or special damage, whichever will be more effective.

    Entei: Volcanic Strike. Fire, physical, 90bp, 10pp, 100acc. The user slams down into the ground, causing an eruption around its body. 50% chance of lowering the target's defense.

    Suicune: Mystic Tempest. Water, special, 90pp, 10pp, 100acc. The user whips up a mysterious gust of wind to attack the opponent. This move is Water and Flying type simultaneously.

    Celebi: Temporal Bend. Psychic, status, 5pp. The user bends time to restore itself and its team to the state they were in at the start of the previous turn. This move can be used only once per battle.

    Regirock: Boulder Smash. Rock, physical, 100bp, 10pp, 90acc. The user crushes the opponent underneath a giant rock. 30% chance of raising the user's attack.

    Regice: Flash Freeze. Ice, special, 70bp, 10pp, 95acc. The user suddenly freezes the ground around the target. Lowers the target's speed and evasion.

    Registeel: Tempered Strike. Steel, physical, 90bp, 10pp, 100acc. The user strikes the opponent with an arm as strong as steel. This move ignores any increases to the target's defense.

    Uxie: Wave of Wisdom. Psychic, special, 80bp, 10pp, 100acc. The user manifests its knowledge into a wave of energy. If used on an ally, it boosts their defense and special defense.

    Mesprit: Wave of Heart. Psychic, special, 80bp, 10pp, 100acc. The user manifests its emotions into a wave of energy. If used on an ally, it restores half of their total HP.

    Azelf: Wave of Courage. Psychic, special, 80bp, 10pp, 100acc. The user manifests its willpower into a wave of energy. If used on an ally, it boosts their attack and special attack.

    Tornadus: Cyclone Burst. Flying, special, 90bp, 10pp, 90acc. The user sweeps its tail to trap the opponent in a gust of wind that lasts 4 to 5 turns.

    Thundurus: Thunder Crash. Electric, special, 25bp, 10pp, 90acc. The user fires multiple bolts of lightning from its tail 2 to 5 times in a row.

    Landorus: Terra Drive. Ground, physical, 110bp, 5pp, 90acc. The user forces the earth up around its opponent. May cause flinching.

    submitted by /u/TheHumbleFellow
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite gimmick in Pokemon?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    I always found mega evolution to be my thing. Z-Moves were fun for their animations, but it was just a longer way to one shot a trainer. Dynamaxing just felt like mega evolution, just very clunky with the fact you can only do it in certain places (and the crowned tundra doesn't even have a single battle using dynamaxing at all). People could say it's better because any pokemon can do it, but to me that gets thrown out the window when Gigantamaxing is thrown in the picture, which is practically mega evolution logic with a straight up better form only given to certain pokemon. (Sorry for the repost, forgot to add the dynamax option 😅)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Awesomedude95600
    [link] [comments]

    I really want to see a medieval era pokemon game.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    Like a spiritual successor to the colloseum games, but instead of orre it take place in medievel europe, the most traditional JRPG pokemon yet, pokemon X final fantasy basically.

    and it has all the essentials of classic JRPG, A vast world to travel, party members, dungeons to explore, job systems, character arcs, even the player character has a story arc of it's own and not just a blank player insert, overall a pokemon RPG with a more story focus drive.

    submitted by /u/TheGoldminor
    [link] [comments]

    So the GTS is filled with hacked Pokémon and impossible requests again..

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    Some of u guys may have already seen this. ATM when u look up glastrier u get nothing but hacked Pokémon that are lv10 and requests for lv10 calyrexes glastriers and spectriers. I thought this problem was fixed. Apparently that was only a fix to the concurrent state of the GTS. Looks like we'll need another patch. For now, just stick to link trades. (Also anyone who picked glastrier lmk if u wanna trade I'm also looking for regidrago. Thx)

    submitted by /u/ZOMBIEBRO32
    [link] [comments]

    Peony figured me out

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    So when you finish the main game and you get the mysterious clue, I saw that you needed a necrozma so I tried to be cheeky and get mine from ultra sun. Unfortunately Peony saw right through me and said that it looked like the one in the clue, but that it wasn't caught in the max lair. I found that small Easter egg funny and just wanted to share it.

    submitted by /u/Crazy-Dude999
    [link] [comments]

    Adventures are almost impossible online

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    My last 5 raids only managed to beat one.

    Just had someone use their mageneton to attack our team the whole time. Barely made it to the boss and lost on the first turn.

    Time before that people took a path that led through 2 ground types vs a water legendary. They took them to the end and we got swept.

    Had someone spam light screen over and over without attacking, vs physical attackers. .

    Have had players that are AFK the whole way.

    People stealing pokemon from low HP players when they're at full HP. I swear to god, someone replaced a water type at full HP with another water type. This dude took all of the water types vs a Groundon and left someone with an electric type.

    It's driving me absolutely crazy.

    Edit: Done about 10 with NPCs since making this. Lost once and that was to Zygarde. So much faster and much more enjoyable, which is a shame really.

    submitted by /u/Hatchet1212
    [link] [comments]

    What pokemon center healing machine do you think looks the coolest?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    For me I think it has to be the Kalos pokemon centers. The semicircle behind nurse joy looks so clean, as well as it being the center pillar of the room that you can walk all the way around. Plus it shows all 6 of your pokemon on a little screen above nurse Joy. The only gripe i have with it is that the way they stack the sprites on that screen is 2 on top and 4 on the bottom, rather than two rows of three.

    submitted by /u/NapalmBat
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you, Pokémon.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    So today was my birthday. I had a nice time sitting on my couch playing Pokémon and some new releases from the Xbox, but I kind of felt sad because I couldn't see anyone outside my immediate family or go anywhere. I did call my best friend and we talked for a while and he dropped off a little gift, but other than that I felt like the day was missing something. Like it could've been more.

    Being an avid shiny hunter I booted up Pokémon X to do some Friend Safari encounters before I went to bed, because I've had no luck with the Expeditions whatsoever. I haven't played in a while, so I notice my lead Aegislash is low health and almost out of PP for its attacking moves, so I go to the Pokémon Center to heal him up.

    My screen goes dark and I am very confused. Then it lights up and says, "Happy Birthday to you, YukihyoUchiha!" as confetti falls from the top of the screen. I hear the slow, bell version of the Pokémon Center music and I start to tear up. I don't know why.

    I got this game 7 years ago and I have many fond memories of it throughout that time. And through 10+ playthroughs, Nuzlockes and Wonderlockes, I thought I had seen everything the game had to offer.

    But I hadn't. Not until now.

    Nurse Joy tells me "I Hope this will be a wonderful year for you!" as a birthday cake appears on the screen. I talk to her to heal my Pokémon and she says, "Happy birthday! Please keep visiting the Pokémon Center for years to come!"

    That was the kicker. I went from tearing up to full on sobbing. I realized that it was this. This is what I felt I had needed all day. I've clocked so many hours into that game and have so many great and not-so-great memories from it that for it to wish me a happy birthday was maybe not more special, but much more meaningful than hearing it from anybody else. And now I can sleep well without wondering what my day was missing. Because I found it, in the most random and wonderful way.

    Thank you, Game Freak, for making game after game where I can spend my hours having countless adventures, and in this case, meaningful moments.

    I find it kind of funny in a way how the first time a video game ever made me cry wasn't a heartbreaking story beat, or a monumental accomplishment, but a little function that's been in this series of games for so long now that it's almost an afterthought. But that's what nostalgia and dramatic coincidence can do to you.

    As for Nurse Joy's request, I plan to completely fulfill it. I hope just as much as she does that I keep visiting Pokémon Centers for years to come, whether it be in a bustling city in Galar, a quiet town in Kalos, or whatever comes next.

    If you read this whole thing I want to personally congratulate you. This is a doozy. Thank you so much if you did. Take care and have a nice day, Trainers.

    submitted by /u/YukihyoUchiha
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or do legendaries feel weird to use?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    I don't think I've ever used a legendary more than once or twice each just because it seems wrong to use it. Like, my character is just some kid who happens to be a good trainer I want him to have a realistic team that I have some connection to but a legendary feels like some powerful beast rather than just an animal. I want my team to feel like what an actual person would have I don't want ancient gods. I've tried to put them into my team, especially with the new Regis and birds but I just can't bring myself to do it. The best I'll do is an ultra beats but even then it's just a wild animal that happens to be from another reality.

    Like I said earlier I have some connection to each member, either I trained it from level 1, I hunted for some shinies for days, and others I've just had for a long time. But a legendary you don't get till late game or is just too strong to feel right.

    submitted by /u/SharksTongue
    [link] [comments]

    Been working on this Pokemon animation for quite some time now and would love to share it with the community.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I just finished up the fourth episode of my Pokemon series and would love it if you checked it out: https://youtu.be/ZcEt2fMV4oo

    I'd love to know what you think about it.

    submitted by /u/BriarrRose
    [link] [comments]

    How good was was Pokemon Platinum on a 0-5 scale?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    I plan to make a poll like this for every game Mainline Pokemon entry and maybe some of the spinoffs such as the mystery dungeon games because I want to see how this fanbase has shifted overtime because people's opinions can change and the vocal minority can shift as well.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/MaleSalazzle
    [link] [comments]

    If Sinnoh Remakes happen, there's one small thing I'd like to see from them

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    I'd like to see the event "tickets" come back. The Azure Flute, Oak's Letter, or the Member Card, from completing a raid den event or obtainable through DLC, having those items would be extremely nostalgic to me. As someone who had gotten Darkrai and Shaymin through these methods, I would love to get one of them again through this method once more.

    submitted by /u/Datgodapple
    [link] [comments]

    As of The Crown Tundra: 233 Still Remain

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    As I visited several articles and watched several videos, I couldn't confirm a clear number of how many Pokemon were added into the game. But after doing a manual count myself, I was able to break everything down:

    *Not counting alternate or regional forms.

    400 Galar Pokemon (Initial release)

    35 Pokemon Home Returnees

    102 Isle of Armor Returnees

    120 Crown Tundra

    8 DLC/Mythical Pokemon

    233 missing Pokemon remaining

    I really hope we get one more expansion pass to complete this game before Gen 9 (and lords knows what happens in that generation).

    submitted by /u/Johnny2071
    [link] [comments]

    Deep Pokemon Thoughts.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    *Do Pokemon say their names, or are they named after the only thing they can say?

    *If Pokemon really are named after the only thing that they can say, then a Pokemon incapable of making any sounds would be named nothing.

    *What colour is Magikarp? Red or orange?

    *Do humans lay eggs in the Pokemon universe? Or do they give live birth like we do in our world?

    *How can shiny versions of legendaries exist if there are only one of each legendary?

    *If a Kangaskan is born with a baby in it's pouch, then it's not really the mother, but the babies sibling.

    *If a Magneton is just three Magnemites joined together, then why does it weigh 10× more than a normal Magnemite?

    *Why is does Mewtwo come before Mew in the national dex if it originated from it?

    *If a Shellder bites a Slowpoke in a place other than the tail, does it still evolve?

    *Is Orbeetle's name supposed to be orbit and beetle, or orb and beetle?

    *Since Hatterene dislikes strong emotion and will silence anyone that emites it by striking them down; what does it do if itself feels strong emotion?

    *Why isn't Grapploct water/fighting?

    *If a grass type Pokemon eats a plant, is it considered canibalism?

    *When Pokemon go into the PC, doesn't that make them a Digimon?

    *If the message in the first movie is that fighting is bad, doesn't that go against the entire franchise?

    *Is the S or C in Scizor silent?

    *If a Trubish dies, do you throw it away or bury it?

    *Are the movies are considered apart of the storyline? If so, then since there were two versions of the gen 5 (Black, and White, they both had minor differences); which one is the canon one?

    *The Pokemon Journeys anime will probably be the longest since Ash and his friends have to discover the Crown Tundra/Isle of Armour, too.

    *Who really is God? Bedoof or Arceus?

    submitted by /u/JuicyGravitas
    [link] [comments]

    Crown Tundra Has Accidentally Broken Pokemon Sword And Shield

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    It turns out you can catch every single Max Lair Legendary Pokemon before you even challenge the first Gym, which is... definitely broken

    https://www.thegamer.com/crown-tundra-glitch-broken-pokemon/

    submitted by /u/squigglylizards
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment